PDA

View Full Version : Round 11: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans

DIEHARD
27-02-08, 11:03 PM
Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans

http://www.nrl.com/portals/0/galleries/Fixture_Cycler_Images/Round_Eleven/Wests_Tigers_V_Titans_Rd11_320.jpg

TIGERS

1. Brett Hodgson
2. Taniela Tuiaki
3. Dean Collis
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Shannon McDonnell
6. Benji Marshall
7. Mathew Head
8. Bryce Gibbs
9. Robbie Farah
10. Keith Galloway
11. Ben Te'o
12. Chris Heighington
13. Dene Halatau

14. John Morris
15. Liam Fulton
16. Corey Payne
17. Danny Galea
20. Bronson Harrison

TITANS

1. Preston Campbell
2. Ben Jeffery
3. Luke O'Dwyer
4. Brett Delaney
5. Brenton Bowen
6. Mat Rogers
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Meyers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Aaron Cannings
15. Michael Hodgson
16. Josh Graham
17. Gavin Cooper

patskE
20-05-08, 09:41 AM
anyone has been cleared bar conn who will be given the week to prove himself i think

DIEHARD
20-05-08, 10:12 AM
Wests Tigers, one team we have the wood over and let's hope to keep it that way.

This will be a fantastic game. Sunday afternoon football at Liechhardt Oval. Fantastic for all the Titans fans that attend. The Southern Legion will have a ball.

A sunny and dry track should make for a fast and clean game, which should suit us.

And of course we have the return of Rogers and Shannon Walker also will also star.

On the flip side Benji is also growing in confidence but he is a defensive liability. Didn't really agree with Sheens shouting the fact from the roof tops, he could have dealt with it between him and Benji and the team. I still love to see him go well, so I hope he fires in a losing team. :laugh:

Jaye001
20-05-08, 01:27 PM
anyone has been cleared bar conn who will be given the week to prove himself i think

Conn sidelined for a monthDaniel Meers

20May08

GOLD Coast Titans backrower Daniel Conn will miss at least the next month with a shoulder injury in a blow to the NRL premiership leaders.

The news came just a week after Conn returned from a hamstring strain which had him sidelined from rugby league for several weeks.

Club medical staff believe four weeks is an optimistic prognosis and it could in fact take longer.

craigyd
20-05-08, 01:29 PM
listed Gold Coast team to play Tigers Sat
1.Campbell
2.Jeffreys
3.O'Dwyer
4.Delaney
5.Bowen
6.Rogers
7.Prince
8.Bailey
9.Friend
10.Meyers
11.Laffranchi
12.Mini
13.Harrison

14.Cannings
15.Hodgson
16.Graham
17.Cooper

digeze
20-05-08, 03:43 PM
Wests Tigers Coach Tim Sheens has named his team to play Gold Coast Titans at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday, May 25, at 3pm, in round 11 of the Telstra Premiership.

To help promote awareness of men?s cancer, Wests Tigers players will wear yellow armbands as part of a Call To Arms match.

1 Brett Hodgson ?
2 Taniela Tuiaki
3 Dean Collis
4 Chris Lawrence
5 Shannon McDonnell
6 Benji Marshall
7 Mathew Head
8 Bryce Gibbs
9 Robbie Farah
10 Keith Galloway
11 Ben Te?o
12 Chris Heighington
13 Dene Halatau

14 John Morris
15 Liam Fulton
16 Corey Payne
17 Danny Galea
20 Bronson Harrison

goldcoastitans
20-05-08, 03:52 PM
2 good teams going head to head in this game ....its gonna be a great game to be at

eelectrica
20-05-08, 04:38 PM
Strong team named by Carty, hope Laffranchi pulls through OK. He should be right coming off the bench.
Gonna be a great, tight match. Looking forward to it.

patskE
20-05-08, 05:14 PM
didnt someone say walker was in for sure? looking at tats man

jenwood
20-05-08, 05:32 PM
didnt someone say walker was in for sure? looking at tats man

Just heard on radio that Walker is back to Toyota cup this week.

eelectrica
20-05-08, 05:52 PM
Don't think Walkers quite ready for 1st grade yet.

patskE
20-05-08, 06:11 PM
yeh i know, just saying someone said his playing form a good source, got my hopes up
i prob play him vs a low teir team at home.

amaline
20-05-08, 07:23 PM
I think Walker would go well against the Storm when most of their players are out for origin.

DIEHARD
20-05-08, 09:42 PM
Great to see the Titans squad at near full strength again.

But I still think it's going to be a battle. Looks like a strong arm strategy from the Titans. Probably the best way to dispose of the Tiggers.

Dragons
20-05-08, 09:46 PM
Titans will win.

patskE
20-05-08, 11:09 PM
tbh i think we miss conn a little bit, strong defender, his like the only person who lets others sides know his there, pyshicaly

kwigibo
20-05-08, 11:34 PM
his like the only person who lets others sides know his there, pyshicaly

Mat Rogers let Luke Burt know he was there. You just can't win these days.

There's not a lot of big hitters in the titans defense, but they keep the opposition out well enough.

TitansFan
20-05-08, 11:43 PM
didnt someone say walker was in for sure?

Yes, a few days ago I remember reading somewhere on this forum that Walker was "set to make his NRL debut against the Tigers this weekend":ugh:
I must admit that it sounded like BS. I mean, Walker is a great future talent and all, but with Campbell coming back, and Bowen clearly ahead in the selection pecking order, it didnt seem to make any sense that he would play this weekend.
Not to mention that it would be his second "debut" in as many weeks:laugh:

DIEHARD
20-05-08, 11:51 PM
I agree with what you said TitansFan.

It's also a newspaper article that you are quoting. We all found it puzzling claiming that he would make his NRL debut, when they obviously meant run on debut.

Clearly Preston, Jeffries and Bowen are ahead in the picking order.

Gee it's fantastic to have Preston back, it just isn't the same without him. Both for his presence and his plays.

TitansFan
21-05-08, 12:02 AM
I'm really pleased to see Meyers given a start too. He's been so impressive, and it obvioulsy hasn't gone un-noticed.

Airlie Beach Titan
21-05-08, 04:59 AM
I'll just be stoked to see good 'ol Matty Rogers running on again, it's been far too long.

jenwood
21-05-08, 07:02 AM
I think Walker would go well against the Storm when most of their players are out for origin.

Probably a good time to give him more 1st grade experience.:salute: :salute:

craigyd
21-05-08, 11:16 AM
Probably a good time to give him more 1st grade experience.:salute: :salute:
Come the Storm game Walker will only get a start if Bowen injured and thats if Atkins isnt back by then,i think the only way he will see himself in the team this year will be through injury.

Big J
21-05-08, 02:05 PM
How many of the Southern Legion are attending on Sunday? One of my mates has hooked up some tickets and it looks like there will be about 10 of us out there on Sunday. Can't wait!!!!

patskE
21-05-08, 04:37 PM
mmm i might try n go, dont know wat iam doing sunday
yeh rogers will be keen to run the ball after time out.
i rkn we will miss conn
but yeh we can cover him
conn one of my fav's
i rkn u see walker on the bench vs melb

amaline
21-05-08, 06:28 PM
Come the Storm game Walker will only get a start if Bowen injured and thats if Atkins isnt back by then,i think the only way he will see himself in the team this year will be through injury.

The problem with that though is if we get an injury towards the end of the season and we need Walker, he's only played 15 minutes of NRL footy. It'd be a good idea to get him used to NRL (off the bench?) while we have options, not throw him in when we don't. But who knows, maybe throwing him in might work best for him? I'd just like to see him score some length of the field trys. :D

lonegull
22-05-08, 07:13 AM
Walker has benn named once again on the wing in the toyota cup, not a fullback, the same a slast week i am tipping walker to be a late inclusion on Sunday, because there has been no 18th man named either. Cartwright is keeping him out of the spotlight. Walker to play on Sunday

TITAN PETE
22-05-08, 11:44 PM
Walker has benn named once again on the wing in the toyota cup, not a fullback, the same a slast week i am tipping walker to be a late inclusion on Sunday, because there has been no 18th man named either. Cartwright is keeping him out of the spotlight. Walker to play on Sunday

You could be right as Delaney is in doubt with a bruised hip :mad:

Tamwelg
22-05-08, 11:47 PM
Laffranchi is out with a shoulder injury

DIEHARD
22-05-08, 11:47 PM
How many of the Southern Legion are attending on Sunday? One of my mates has hooked up some tickets and it looks like there will be about 10 of us out there on Sunday. Can't wait!!!!

Awesome! Check out this thread and talk to BringBackWillie aka Syl about more info.

http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=12494

kwigibo
23-05-08, 12:01 AM

Just the one week I hope?

patskE
23-05-08, 12:52 AM
boof lifts when he plays the tigers 2
we did it without him last week
but we are missing conn :S
mini has to step up
walker to the bench? or?

kwigibo
23-05-08, 12:59 AM
boof lifts when he plays the tigers 2
we did it without him last week
but we are missing conn :S
mini has to step up
walker to the bench? or?

Cross due for a run? Henderson?

curly_11
23-05-08, 02:24 PM

Where did you hear this? I saw in origin it seemed the shoulder took a knock but havent heard or read anything about him not playing this week. Man i hope he plays both for the team and my fantasy team....hes a machine!

DIEHARD
23-05-08, 02:53 PM
Unfortunately the Courier Mail says that he will miss Sunday's game.

Laffranchi's brilliant Origin debut was tempered by an AC joint injury that has ruled him out of Sunday's clash against his former club, Wests Tigers.

Gold Coast, which stunned the Tigers at Campbelltown last year, enters this weekend's clash at Leichhardt Oval two points clear on top of the NRL ladder.

"We're going to miss him but long-term I've got no doubt it will benefit the whole club, what's he's been through and what he brings back to us," Cartwright said.

"Sure, we'll miss him this week, but in the long term we benefit."

While Laffranchi has been scratched, centre Brett Delaney will be fit to take his place on Sunday and Maroons 18th man Ash Harrison has also rejoined the Titans squad.

Laffranchi's place in the back row is set to be taken by Josh Graham, with Luke Swain to be added to the Titans' travelling party.

Fullback Preston Campbell and five-eighth Mat Rogers will return from injury and suspension respectively for the Titans.

http://www.couriermail.com.au

lonegull
23-05-08, 03:25 PM
interesting graham is going to start, i think he is more suited to the bench, i thought maybe cross deserved a shot or even bring up henderson or even clint amos who has been killing them at lock in the queensland cup i dont think graham can go for 80 minutes i think cross, henderson and amos offer more than graham he always seems to lose ground when making a run and seems to get smashed every time he runs he has a very upright running style and he doesnt look to offload or anything but i hope he proves me wrong

kwigibo
23-05-08, 03:57 PM
interesting graham is going to start, i think he is more suited to the bench, i thought maybe cross deserved a shot or even bring up henderson or even clint amos who has been killing them at lock in the queensland cup i dont think graham can go for 80 minutes i think cross, henderson and amos offer more than graham he always seems to lose ground when making a run and seems to get smashed every time he runs he has a very upright running style and he doesnt look to offload or anything but i hope he proves me wrong

I would have preferred they bring in Henderson, Amos or Cross to Swain at least.

Supergoose
23-05-08, 09:52 PM
Swain played alright in his last match for the Titans a few weeks back but Amos must consider himself terribly unlucky as he was playing really well earlier in the season and by all reports is slaying them in the Qld Cup. I hope Laffranchi's absence means more to my fantasy teams than it does to the Titans - although I still want my fantasy teams to win of course!

kwigibo
23-05-08, 10:21 PM
Swain played alright in his last match for the Titans a few weeks back but Amos must consider himself terribly unlucky as he was playing really well earlier in the season and by all reports is slaying them in the Qld Cup. I hope Laffranchi's absence means more to my fantasy teams than it does to the Titans - although I still want my fantasy teams to win of course!

I've seen him in the qld cup, he can do everything Swain does plus several other things.

Paul
23-05-08, 10:29 PM
I like swain, he's a no frills player but gets loads of work done that goes un-noticed.If he had a decent run in 1st grade I reckon he'd start to shine like he did at Penrith

kwigibo
23-05-08, 10:46 PM
I like swain, he's a no frills player but gets loads of work done that goes un-noticed.If he had a decent run in 1st grade I reckon he'd start to shine like he did at Penrith

He played 23 games last season, is that not a decent run?

Give Amos a run, he's local.

TITAN PETE
23-05-08, 10:55 PM
He played 23 games last season, is that not a decent run?

Give Amos a run, he's local.

We agree on this one :surprise: , give the Burleigh junior another run :fist:

patskE
24-05-08, 01:36 PM
grahman started 2-3 games ago when he made that try saving tackle?
sigh no one could run at holes like boof could

Steve
25-05-08, 01:46 PM
Heading to Crushers Leagues Club with DIEHARD and Goatus to watch this one!
If anyone is in Brisbane and wants to join us, please do!

Airlie Beach Titan
25-05-08, 02:04 PM
Dont know what it is, but I haven't been this excited about a game since Round 1 when I flew down to see Titans take down Cowboys.

I've got that same feeling, should be a good one.

Boofhead
25-05-08, 03:26 PM
20mins in:-

Tigers 12
Titans 0

Some stats:
Tigers possession 75%
Titans possession 25%

Alot of misses tackles and errors from Titans.

Paul
25-05-08, 03:30 PM
That possession stat is amazing. No wonder we're getting beaten. Why the hell can't we play well away from skilled?

Boofhead
25-05-08, 03:33 PM
Bit of good news:

Aaron Cannings under the sticks, Prince coverts.

12-6.

Boofhead
25-05-08, 03:36 PM
Fight!

Two players in sin bin, Friend and Bryce Gibbs sent off.

Paul
25-05-08, 03:39 PM
woah, can't wait to see this

wish 4 o' clock would hurry up

Ryan
25-05-08, 03:47 PM
So who ended up being 18th man?
Did Swain get it or did they sneak in Walker?
There is only 16 players listed in NRL Stats Live........

Boofhead
25-05-08, 03:47 PM
Hodgson knocks over penalty goal 10 meters out.

HALF TIME SCORE

Tigers 14
Titans 6

Boofhead
25-05-08, 03:51 PM
By the sounds of it, we had the momentum going into last 20 minutes of the half. Very tough game, our Hodgeson got put on report for a tackle on a player who didn't have the ball - lucky he didn't get sent off tbh.

Looking forward to the second half.

eelectrica
25-05-08, 03:53 PM
If we can get an even share of possession we can still win this one. Tigers aren't great in defence and we all know how great the Titans can be in defence.

Paul
25-05-08, 03:54 PM
how are you watching this live boof?

Boofhead
25-05-08, 04:02 PM
Good old radio! ;)

Boofhead
25-05-08, 04:10 PM
Good start by the boys, have had the majority of the possession.

Boofhead
25-05-08, 04:27 PM
Tigers 20
Titans 6

With 17 minutes to go, we are doing a lot of silly stuff.

Paul
25-05-08, 04:33 PM
Prince's run to set up Cannings was amazing

Boofhead
25-05-08, 04:34 PM
20-18!

Preston solo try under posts!

7 to go!

Paul
25-05-08, 04:45 PM
Go Titans!!!!!!!!

Boofhead
25-05-08, 04:46 PM
FULL TIME

Tigers 20
Titans 18

Come storming back into the game and do some silly stuff in the dieing minutes, a real shame. We really had the wood on them in the last quarter.

kwigibo
25-05-08, 04:47 PM
so, 2 point loss?

kwigibo
25-05-08, 04:50 PM
And the margin of victory was on that ridiculous penalty milked by Marshall?

Paul
25-05-08, 04:56 PM
Luke O'Dwyer going on report for that was a joke,it was a penalty and nothing more and Head looked at the trainer,winked then acted in pain again

Both sin bins were a joke

kwigibo
25-05-08, 05:11 PM
Luke O'Dwyer going on report for that was a joke,it was a penalty and nothing more and Head looked at the trainer,winked then acted in pain again

Both sin bins were a joke

Bad for the away record, but the last two away games seem to have been handicapped from inside and outside, and such small margins.

amaline
25-05-08, 05:41 PM
Well, shame we didn't win that one, but Preston is playing great in defense and attack.

titanstattman
25-05-08, 05:41 PM
Atleast we not getting beatin by 30pts like we did a few times last year wen we played away.

Paul
25-05-08, 05:49 PM
How good has Preston been? What a try saver then what a try

patskE
25-05-08, 05:50 PM
jeez i love campbell
we njsut made 2 many mistake
n 2 many penatly at the start

patskE
25-05-08, 06:02 PM
imagine campbell n walker playing 2gether
would be a sight to watch

thats y i love the titans, i jsut love their style of play, best team to watch tbh

Titan_Fan
25-05-08, 06:26 PM
THat Referee should go back and do the Toyota cup along with his touch judges,, thats after a trip to the optomotrist.

Where was the advantage rule when Preston took ball and bolted, he had clear ground only to have the ref blow that whistle, and the sin bin episode, and I wont even go near the reported player incident.

Its time the NRL, stopped babysitting the refs and let them cop FAIR criticism for a job badly done.

And its not sour grapes either, Titans deserved that loss, Except for for Preston that is, and Prince even had a quiet game except for 1 moment of brilliance, there goes his origin changes this week.

Paul
25-05-08, 06:51 PM
I don't think Prince had a bad game,in fact his defence was probably better than usual.

Steve
25-05-08, 07:03 PM
I think the dropped balls and intercepts were the big difference. Whenever we raided it looked dangerous, and always made a lot of ground.

A few breaks went unsupported too, but I think they were out on their feet after all the defence early in the game.

How Jeffery saved that 40-20 I'll never know, that was amazing. He would have had a try in the first half too if the bounce went the right way for him, but... that's footy for you I guess.

karnage
25-05-08, 07:40 PM
As soon as I saw Shayne Hayne was in charge I knew we had it all to do.

He is the worst ref in the comp by a country mile and has a track record of blowing us out of games - he was similarly bad in our home loss to the Warriors last year.

We'd have won the game with any aother ref.

Supergoose
25-05-08, 07:53 PM
Steve hit the nail on the head - too much dropped ball and wayward passes cost the Titans today. Early in the season we hardly turned the pill over cheaply at all - Delaney, Harrison, Rogers and Jeffreys all did good things today, some really good things, but they all spoilt it with dropped ball and errant passes. Heighnington ran over the top of Prince a couple of times which would be a worry to the Origin selectors. Campbell, Meyers, Minichiello were all fantastic and didn't deserve to lose today if only their team mates hadn't doused their hands in butter....

TITAN PETE
25-05-08, 08:55 PM
A very scrappy game by most of the Titans but also great games by Jeffreys & Presto who was easily the Best Player on the park & should've got "Man of the Match" even in a losing team :thumbsup:

patskE
25-05-08, 09:12 PM
yeh tbh they should of given motm to him
surprised farah got it

we jsut dropped the ball once we mad a break, pushing ti 1 2 many passes instead of taking the tackle n waiting for prince to work his magic on a defensive which is on the bak foot.

Chaos
25-05-08, 09:57 PM
Even though we lost, that was an exciting game to watch. Fast pace and lots going on...Titans played a classier style of football but let basic mistakes cost them the game.

Jefferies...I don't like you on the wing but saving that 40-20 was unbelievable...where was your mate Preston to help you?

Ball Control
Haw many basic errors do we make by simple looking ahead before catching or picking the ball up...ball control is our biggest problem.

No way should Friend have been sent off...I can't believe that touch judge came in reporting that Friend instigated the fight by coming in third man and throwing punches. He has to be sacked...somebody please give me his name?

Overall, I felt the Titans were unlucky in an entertaining game.

kwigibo
25-05-08, 10:11 PM
No way should Friend have been sent off...I can't believe that touch judge came in reporting that Friend instigated the fight by coming in third man and throwing punches. He has to be sacked...somebody please give me his name?

That is the damn truth, 3rd man in ain't the same as pulling a guy off of your teammate, that was a freaking travesty of justice.

C-Whiz
25-05-08, 10:27 PM
One of the strangest games of footy I've seen in quite a while.

You wouldn't normally see 1 ball kicked out on the full in a whole round of footy usually, but in this game we had 3 (I think) plus one penalty that didn't find touch and 2 guys sin-binned from a fight that wasn't a fight. A scrum penalty these days is a curiousity, but it went against the Titans after 2 time wasting efforts by the Tigers. And don't get me started on some of the worst refereeing and touch judge descision making of all time. :helpme:

Entertaining? Only because it was anyones game right through the full 80 minutes. But frustrating is probably a more accurate word from both camps.

The fact is, the Titans cruelled themselves today, and every player did something good and did something bad. It was one of those games where when we got a break our way we stuffed something up to return the favour, and vice-versa. No point singeling any player out for special attention, because I think they all made some stupid, basic errors, but then did some fantastically good things too. Unfortunately the balance left us at ordinary!

We didn't lose, the Tigers didn't win, we just made sure we didn't take any advantage of opportunities and in the end we came up short. The exceptionally poor refereeing went both ways and all the officials should be demoted to 20's at best.

Either way, the facts are we had every chance but blew them all with simple handling errors and panicky passing at critical times when ball security was paramount. We can all think of at least 2 stupid passing incidents on our try line! We will need to get our heads together if we are to stay on the top of the ladder.

The other fact is Preston Campbell was a standout and easily the MOTM. :thumbsup:

patskE
26-05-08, 12:38 AM
this is an article from couior mail. good read made me smile, i think our bench is a bit iffy, be stronger once henderson is back playing his best n conn is back tbh

THE Titans didn't win but there was still plenty of love in the Gold Coast dressingroom after flying fullback Preston Campbell inspired a thrilling ? albeit unsuccessful ? comeback against the West Tigers at a heaving Leichhardt Oval yesterday.

Titans coach John Cartwright said he felt like giving Campbell "a cuddle" after the diminutive fullback's five-star performance almost stole the show on a day when Sydneysiders reminded the doubters they still have plenty of passion for rugby league.

Campbell scored a try and played a big role in another as the Titans fought back from 20-6 down to lose 20-18.

The result allowed the Sydney Roosters to claim top spot on the NRL ladder on percentage, ahead of Melbourne and the Gold Coast.

Some of Campbell's takes under pressure were beyond belief.

But just as noteworthy were his fearless charges into the defence, try-saving tackles and weaving runs.

It is hard to imagine any other fullback having the audacity to make one-handed pick-ups and catches like Campbell.
Related Links

* Pictures: The Tigers back at Leichhardt Oval
* Video: How the Tigers roared

He is one of the best advertisements the code has at a time when possible defections to English Super League and rugby union, allied with the dire financial plight of Sydney clubs, are stealing the spotlight.

"Presto was fantastic. You just want to take him home and give him a cuddle, don't you?" said a beaming Cartwright.

Yesterday's crowd of 17,493 would hardly have disagreed, as Campbell provided a grandstand finish for a game played to the background of a carnival-like atmosphere.

One of Balmain's favourite sons Kerry Hemsley did a lap of honour before kick-off and Titans chairman Paul Broughton was presented with a Centenary Medal in gratitude for his time at the club as a player and coach.

But Broughton probably would have swapped the medal for a win, with the Titans having won just three games on the road in their 18 months in the NRL.

Cartwright said he did not believe that record was building into an insurmountable psychological hurdle.

"Defensively and courage-wise we were great," he said. "I know and they know if we play well we test sides. We just did not put enough questions to the Tigers today.

"We dropped a lot of ball and if we play like that at Skilled Park we'll get beat. I think we're still up on top of the comp. All we have to focus on is our game. If we get our game right it will turn, it will come our way."

Tigers coach Tim Sheens said he was worried Campbell might prove the match winner as his players took their foot off the pedal in the last 20 minutes.

"He's a pretty elusive little bugger, the fullback, excuse the expression, and as the forwards got tired he really came into his own," Sheens said.

The Titans dominated territorially in the first 15 minutes after halftime but came up empty.

When Tigers fullback Brett Hodgson crossed in the 58th minute after good lead-up work by Robbie Farrah and Matthew Head, the home crowd became more vocal as their heroes produced some of the razzle dazzle that took them to the title in 2005.

But after squandering their 14-point advantage, the Tigers admitted they were concerned by the drop in intensity.

"It is a hollow feeling ? we just can't seem to go on and kick away," skipper Brett Hodgson said.

"There is still a lot of work to be done."

A crowd of 17,493 packed the Tigers' traditional home, creating an atmosphere that had the players turning on an inspired, and at times fiery, match.

DIEHARD
26-05-08, 06:55 AM
Talk about the one that got away! Losing is never easy. On one hand you hate to not be in it, but being in it and not capitalising on those opportunities can be just as tortuous.

I watched the game at Crushers Leagues Club with Steve and Goatus.

So much dropped ball and we must have passed to the opposition at least three times. :?)

There were moments of brilliance which made you savour our great game. Prince had a good game, Preston Campbell was amazing and that effort from Ben Jefferies keeping the ball in play is one to remember.

The sin binning was over the top, especially for Nathan Friend.

Scott Prince should get a pay check from Channel 9 for his contributions to the commentary. Scott has such a sharp wit and sense of humour, just as sharp as his rugby league skills.

I found myself lamenting the apparent lack of support for our breaks. Support play is such an important element of rugby league and tries are there for the taking if teams chase hard and support in numbers. One of my favourite players Darren Smith was one of the best support players and that is how he bagged many of his tries.

I was happy the Titans rallied and came back within a whisker. (I told you Steve we should have taken the shot at goal!) ;)

Hopefully we can get our away campaign back on track next week at Shark Park! :fight:

Waz
26-05-08, 09:44 AM
Talk about the one that got away! Losing is never easy. On one hand you hate to not be in it, but being in it and not capitalising on those opportunities can be just as tortuous.

I watched the game at Crushers Leagues Club with Steve and Goatus.

So much dropped ball and we must have passed to the opposition at least three times. :?)

There were moments of brilliance which made you savour our great game. Prince had a good game, Preston Campbell was amazing and that effort from Ben Jefferies keeping the ball in play is one to remember.

The sin binning was over the top, especially for Nathan Friend.

Scott Prince should get a pay check from Channel 9 for his contributions to the commentary. Scott has such a sharp wit and sense of humour, just as sharp as his rugby league skills.

I found myself lamenting the apparent lack of support for our breaks. Support play is such an important element of rugby league and tries are there for the taking if teams chase hard and support in numbers. One of my favourite players Darren Smith was one of the best support players and that is how he bagged many of his tries.

I was happy the Titans rallied and came back within a whisker. (I told you Steve we should have taken the shot at goal!) ;)

Hopefully we can get our away campaign back on track next week at Shark Park! :fight:

Yep ditto what diehard said! Came on to say much the same thing lol. Was fuming over the dropped ball and wayward passes, managed to lose $140, a carton and a six pack on that one! (I was a little over confident apparently!) C'mon boys:fist: let's have safe hands especially in our half!

Williams
26-05-08, 10:43 AM
Easilly the game of the year. Double thumbs up must really be given to Tigers and Titans fans for getting out to the game, really couldnt imagine we have that sort of game at ANZ. The atmosphere was amazing.

Both teams played well but GC were unlucky to lose the way they played. Preston was on fire and deserves an Origin spot on that performance alone.

Ryan
26-05-08, 10:20 PM
Gotta give a quick mention to Minni this game. Out of the 23 combined penalties\errors from the Titans, not one came from Minni :surprise:
I hope he can do this consistantly for the rest of the year.

Supergoose
27-05-08, 10:45 PM
Gotta give a quick mention to Minni this game. Out of the 23 combined penalties\errors from the Titans, not one came from Minni :surprise:
I hope he can do this consistantly for the rest of the year.

Spot on Ryan. Anyone giving player of the year points who gives them to Jeffrey before Mini isn't watching closely enough. Jeffrey was ordinary at best and not only was Mini mistake free he created uncertainty in the Tigers defence whenever he took on the line.

goldcoastitans
28-05-08, 09:30 AM
I was very disappointed in our performance we just had nothing, i was throwing things around the room throwing a few words around....but in all honesty i thought that was one of our worst games so far. The amount of dropped balls, and lil errors cost us the game. I thought alot of our players just didnt play their best and seemed to be quiet from the beginning. i think i only counted 2 bombs the whole game from princey...anyway still a lil pissed off but im hopeing the boys can make up for that loss in the next away game which is going to be a tuff one against a team that is seeking a little revenge!