PDA

View Full Version : Under 20's Round 3: Gold Coast Titans vs Cronulla Sharks

Queenslander
26-02-08, 08:38 PM
Gold Coast Titans vs Cronulla Sharks
Skilled Park; Saturday 29th March, 6:20PM

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx13933.jpgvshttp://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx11941.jpg

Tickets: CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS ONLINE (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TITANS08&searchId=d13c0cca-3eaf-44ca-8c0a-8abd8c739218)

Referee:

Teams:
http://www.rebelsport.com.au/ecom/rebel/artwork/interface/categories/gold-coast-titans.jpg

1. Shannon Walker
2. Jordan Rapana
3. Esi Tonga
4. Kingi Aka'Oula
5. David Moore
6. Cody Nelson
7. Sam Stewart
8. James Baillie
9. Geoff Holcombe
10. Will Matthews
11. Jared Mcarthy
12. Tom Kingston
13. Ryan Simpkins (c)

Interchange
14. Bodene Thompson
15. Richard Barrett
16. Steve Darby
17. Cameron White
18. Brodie Williams
19. Shaun Spring

Coach: Steve Murphy

http://www.rebelsport.com.au/ecom/rebel/artwork/interface/categories/cronulla-sharks.jpg

1- Nathan Stapleton
2- Luke Hume
3- Karlos Filiga
4- Tu'u Maori
5- Kieran Turner
6- Kevin Pease
7- Jarryd Hogan
8- Tohi Leha
9- Lancen Joudo
10- Brynjar Ragnarsson
11- Jake Farragher
12- Jack Bosden
13- Jayson Bukuya

14- John Viiga
15- Trent Grubb
16- Ben Taefu
17- Luke Letele
18- Brad Marks

DIEHARD
27-03-08, 10:21 PM
Match kicks off at 6:20pm.

Steve
28-03-08, 03:32 AM
For a competition touted as being an important part of the future of the game, and top quality football, they seem to have very little information.
Finding team lists or pretty much anything about the under 20s is difficult.

DIEHARD
28-03-08, 08:55 AM
For a competition touted as being an important part of the future of the game, and top quality football, they seem to have very little information.

I know what you need. Every club needs dedicated Toyota Cup selections and the NRL needs to develop and over arching Toyota Cup website.

DIEHARD
28-03-08, 09:04 AM
SHARKS

1- Nathan Stapleton
2- Luke Hume
3- Karlos Filiga
4- Tu'u Maori
5- Kieran Turner
6- Kevin Pease
7- Jarryd Hogan
8- Tohi Leha
9- Lancen Joudo
10- Brynjar Ragnarsson
11- Jake Farragher
12- Jack Bosden
13- Jayson Bukuya

14- John Viiga
15- Trent Grubb
16- Ben Taefu
17- Luke Letele
18- Brad Marks

DIEHARD
28-03-08, 09:13 AM
Jetstar Gold Coast Titans Toyota Cup Under 20's

1. Shannon Walker
2. Jordan Rapana
3. Esi Tonga
4. Kingi Aka'Oula
5. David Moore
6. Cody Nelson
7. Sam Stewart
8. James Baillie
9. Geoff Holcombe
10. Will Matthews
11. Jared Mcarthy
12. Tom Kingston
13. Ryan Simpkins (c)

Interchange
14. Bodene Thompson
15. Richard Barrett
16. Steve Darby
17. Cameron White
18. Brodie Williams
19. Shaun Spring

Coach: Steve Murphy

Steve
29-03-08, 12:13 PM
Luke Turgeon

29Mar08

TITANS teenage excitement machine Shannon Walker has been ruled out of tonight's Under-20 NRL encounter against the Sharks through injury.

Walker has failed to overcome a hip complaint suffered in the first half of the Gold Coast's 28-4 loss to the Dragons last Monday.

It is a huge blow for the Titans under-20s.

Junior Kangaroo Walker is not only a game-breaking ball runner but their most experienced player alongside Queensland Cup premiership-winning teammate Will Matthews.

"We are without a bit of strike power but that is just opportunity for guys to step up," said Titans Toyota Cup coach Steve Murphy.

Lining up at five-eighth for the Sharks is homegrown talent Kevin Pease, a former teammate of several of the Titans under-20 players at Palm Beach Currumbin High School and in the southeast Queensland Kookaburras representative side.

Former school teacher Murphy even taught Pease at PBC last year in sport and recreation.

Pease is one of the few promising local juniors who have escaped the Titans recruitment net.

"He is a good kid and I am sure he will be keen to do well against his home town," said Murphy.

"He got contracted from PBC to the Sharks.

"He was also on a scholarship with us, but I think the Sharks' offer was a bit better than ours so he took the opportunity and went down south.

"At the time we had guys in the halves who have since moved on from the club, like Chris Sandow and Josh Costello.

"We also had players like Sam Stewart and Matt Nutall.

"Peasey sort of saw the line in front of him and thought that he should have a crack down south."

The Titans sit sixth on the Toyota Cup ladder with one win and one loss while the Sharks are 12th, after a draw with Melbourne and a loss to Manly.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2008/03/29/9462_gold-coast-titans.html

Steve
29-03-08, 12:17 PM
My guess is Cameron White comes off the bench and goes into fullback.
He can play centre, wing or fullback, with fullback his preferred position. Good opportunity for him to step up.

DIEHARD
29-03-08, 12:20 PM
Big loss to the Titans NYC. Hope Walker can get back soon.

Looking forward to cheering them on tonight.

Steve
29-03-08, 12:30 PM
According to the injury list, Rapana is injured too, explains the extended bench, maybe they thought he'd be right to come back early.
That'll take a bit more firepower out of our backs too if he isn't in.

Steve
30-03-08, 02:02 AM
Disappointing loss in a close game.

Will Matthews was simply outstanding.
Pretty sure he took an intercept, scored a try reminiscent of Bull's round 1 effort, and absolutely destroyed them up the middle with some huge runs.

They better not let this lad go!

Paul
30-03-08, 02:07 AM
That headclash between the 2 titans at the end was sickening

GCT_89
30-03-08, 02:13 AM
That headclash between the 2 titans at the end was sickening

yea does anyone know who these players were..........it was a killer head clash.......the #7 (i think) was just knocked out cold........

there were no replays but man it lookd pretty insane from were i was standing (LEGION BAY FTW!!!.........lol)

Paul
30-03-08, 02:14 AM
It was number 7 (100% sure) and I think number 16

totally
30-03-08, 08:20 PM
Have heard that the no 16 will be about for about 15 - 18 weeks.

Also heard Ropana broke a hand

Paul
31-03-08, 10:34 AM
Bodene Thompson(the forward) broke his jaw in 2 places and is out for the season (most likely) and Sam Stewart(the halfback) is out for 1 week because he was heavily concussed. It was a horrible noise I heard when it happened and even the sharks players rushed over to them immediately.

Hope they both recover sooner than later

goldcoastitans
31-03-08, 02:31 PM
yeah i think everyone in the Legion box stopped when they heard the collision and for those that were there you couldnt miss that "THUMP" noise.....hope both boys are ok

Jaye001
02-04-08, 08:40 PM

If you go to nrlstats.com.au you can get live score updates and all the stats from every game each week. But thats about the only thing i've been able to find for the under 20's comp so far.