PDA

View Full Version : Round 3: Gold Coast Titans vs Cronulla Sharks

Queenslander
26-02-08, 08:38 PM
Gold Coast Titans vs Cronulla Sharks
Skilled Park; Saturday 29th March, 8:30PM

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx13933.jpgvshttp://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx11941.jpg

Tickets: CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS ONLINE (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TITANS08&searchId=d13c0cca-3eaf-44ca-8c0a-8abd8c739218)

Referee: Jason Robinson

Team Notes:

Titans

Sharks

Teams:
http://www.rebelsport.com.au/ecom/rebel/artwork/interface/categories/gold-coast-titans.jpg

Preston Campbell
Ben Jeffery
Luke O'Dwyer
Brett Delaney
Jordan Atkins
Mat Rogers
Scott Prince (capt)
Luke Bailey (capt)
Nathan Friend
Michael Hodgson
Anthony Laffranchi
Mark Minichiello
Ashley Harrison

Interchange:
Aaron Cannings
Luke Swain
Josh Graham
Clint Amos
James Stosic
Gavin Cooper
Brad Meyers
(three to be omitted).

http://www.rebelsport.com.au/ecom/rebel/artwork/interface/categories/cronulla-sharks.jpg

Brett Kearney
Bryson Goodwin
Ben Pomeroy
David Simmons
Luke Covell
Brett Seymour
Brett Kimmorley
Adam Peek
Isaac De Gois
Luke Douglas
Paul Gallen (C)
Fraser Anderson
Greg Bird

Interchange:
Jacob Selmes
Bryan Norrie
Kevin Kingston
Misi Taulapapa
Paul Stephenson

patskE
25-03-08, 06:24 PM
GOLD COAST TITANS v CRONULLA SHARKS at Skilled Park, 9.30pm
TITANS: Preston Campbell, Ben Jeffery, Luke O'Dwyer, Brett Delaney, Jordan Atkins, Mat Rogers, Scott Prince (capt), Luke Bailey (capt), Nathan Friend, Michael Hodgson, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Minichiello, Ashley Harrison. Interchange: Aaron Cannings, Luke Swain, Josh Graham, Clint Amos, James Stosic, Gavin Cooper, Brad Meyers (three to be omitted).
SHARKS: Brett Kearney, Bryson Goodwin, Ben Pomeroy, David Simmons, Luke Covell, Brett Seymour, Brett Kimmorley, Adam Peek, Isaac De Gois, Luke Douglas, Paul Gallen (capt), Fraser Anderson, Greg Bird. Interchange: Jacob Selmes, Bryan Norrie, Kevin Kingston, Misi Taulapapa, Paul Stephenson (one to be omitted).
Referee: Jason Robinson

patskE
25-03-08, 06:27 PM
new carty wouldnt make any unforce changes
thats one of his weekness, he sticks by his team which is good, but sometimes some change is good

Titans Rock
25-03-08, 06:32 PM
They beat Melbourne so it wont be an easy game but the home advantage and noise yous make will help them over the line i rekon. GC are hard 2 beat at home. shouldnt make 2 many changes which unsettles the team.

patskE
25-03-08, 06:49 PM
mind u man they beat melb at home where they hvnt been beaten n so many games

jenwood
25-03-08, 07:35 PM
mind u man they beat melb at home where they hvnt been beaten n so many games

This will be a hard game! Sharkies will be pumped up after beating Storm and remember we beat them last year at home for our first win!

patskE
25-03-08, 07:40 PM
watching the game, melb werent out their best
n tbh sharkies look slow, except for their fb

Boofhead
25-03-08, 08:41 PM
We HAVE to keep Gallen and Bird under control this match, or we will be in big trouble... They shredded Melbournes A+ defense all night.

With home ground advantage, I strongly believe we will get over the line.

Titans by 7.

Capital_Shark
25-03-08, 08:59 PM
Big couple weeks for the Sharks and it gets no easier this weekend. Titans are a whole other team at home, even more with Johnstone given good reason to flog 'em after last nights match.

Sharks will miss Reece Williams. He started the year on fire and will be goneskies for 2008 with a busted ACL. Frasier Anderson to come in for him at this stage. Provided he's fixed his handling from last year (admittedly after suffering a broken hand, but nonetheless it was dreadful) he shouldn't disappoint, and hopefully add some speed out wide. Brett Seymour is in doubt after his knee turned up crook which will more than likely see Blake Green get his start in the 6 if Buster is ruled out. I haven't seen enough of him to comment, but from all reports he's been going alright in reggies. Obviously Ross will be suspended and Peek and Douglas will have to step up. Hopefully Stephenson gets the nod over Selmes who is too slow IMO, even more so with the new 10 man interchange.

Apart from making a concerted effort to limit Bailey's meters and put plenty of pressure on Prince as to make the lesser half in Rogers do more work I wouldn't concentrate too much on what the Titans are gonna do. Sharks just need to worry about their own game and strengths and let the rest handle itself.

I'd like to see Bird put up some testers to Jeffrey and Atkins who were nothing short of terrible last night, even failing to contest the ball on occasions. Campbell has improved under the high ball but I'd still give him a work out. At the very least its an opportunity to iron him out and piss off the massive home crowd. I think the mongrels in my mob would probably enjoy 25+ thousand of ya's wishing them the worst and making it known.

Should be a corker of a game and no team will be able to let up for a second. Can't wait for Saturday!

Paul
25-03-08, 09:15 PM
Thie will certainly show if we have the credentials to challenge for the title this year.The sharkies are playing very well.

At least Ben Ross will be out

Capital_Shark
25-03-08, 09:24 PM
At least Ben Ross will be out

Not out cold though.. That'll be a first for his '08 season.

lonegull
26-03-08, 07:07 AM
for carty to name an extended bench full of forwards there might be a few niggling injuries in the forwards i hope not but it seems strange to name that sort of bench

bigjim
26-03-08, 01:18 PM
This game is about restoring pride and a little pay back for the game last year at Carrara.

goldcoastitans
26-03-08, 01:48 PM
I do care about the final score but im hoping the crowd is so loud that the sharks players cant hear themselves!

Cannot wait to sit with all the supporters in the Legion section....hope u guys are ready for the Smurfs lol as people are calling us :)

lonegull
26-03-08, 02:44 PM
just looking at the cronulla side they do lack a little of the bench so hopefully carty can exploit this

Hoppy2007Dragons
26-03-08, 03:29 PM
I'm tipping the sharks here, although the titans are strong at home, i think the sharks early form has been very good, gallen, bird, pomeroy, williams are all making good meteres and although they will be missing a few i think the sharks will get on top, i think the titans weakness is the backline, the wingers are still learning their trade and will again be put under heaps of pressure. Cambell is seriously lacking confidence under the high ball and i think delaney is carrying a injury. For the titans to win, Bailey will need to step up from last week, i think he only made 98m and rogers will need to get his combos right, should be a cracker of a game though.

titanstattman
26-03-08, 04:11 PM
I do care about the final score but im hoping the crowd is so loud that the sharks players cant hear themselves!

Cannot wait to sit with all the supporters in the Legion section....hope u guys are ready for the Smurfs lol as people are calling us :)

Mate we cant wait for u guys and girls to join us in the bay lets really get the fans up and out of the seats......

Titans Rock
27-03-08, 09:51 AM
i wish i could join yous over at Skilled Park :(

GCT_18
27-03-08, 06:37 PM
I think Titans will go pretty good in this game. If they don't play sloppy like the last against the dragons they might win it, but the sharks are strong this year. They've defeated both final competitors. This will be a good match to watch :D

hully gully
27-03-08, 09:01 PM
menu this week will be a seafood platter,in 80 minutes sharks will be caught brutalised tormented turned into shark fin soup, should be a great game..bon appetit..

patskE
28-03-08, 04:59 PM
hodgeson is out
n swain got cut
no replacement has been named

TITAN PETE
29-03-08, 09:04 AM
Now that Michael Hodgson has been ruled out it i would think Brad Meyers will get a start with James Stosic starting from the bench :D

Paul
29-03-08, 12:44 PM
If anyone wants to say hello tonight I'll be the big unit in a home jersey with number 8 on the back

dee13
29-03-08, 01:59 PM
For all you fans wanting a photo with Blade.
He will be appearing around Gate B on the concourse from about 7:00pm until about 7:45pm before the main game.

TITAN FOREVER
29-03-08, 02:13 PM
Wrap up Bird's off loads, watch the edges. And you should win. Just. Good luck tonight. :thumbsup:

C-Whiz
29-03-08, 06:09 PM
We're favourites with the bookies still. $1.83 vs Sharks $2.00

Anyway, I'm getting ready to head off. See you at the game! :)

Titans by 8.

Parra Petty
29-03-08, 11:39 PM
What a gutsy effort!

Rogers, Prince and Bailey were simply outstanding, while I thought Campbell had one of his better matches at the back for quite a while.

Also a special mention to Nathan Friend - he is one of themost underrated hookers in the competition, and was a continual menace to the Sharks all night!

Not the flashiest win, but a win all the same. These are the games that the boys need to grind out on the road if they hope to contest the finals this season!

If anyone missed the match, then chack out my match report -

http://www.league.net.au/titans-reel-in-sharks/

Cheers,

Parra Petty

Ryan
29-03-08, 11:49 PM
Good to see Preston have a good game, thats the way I like to see him play. He was like a little jack-rabbit tonight putting steps on at a million mph! Myers had a blinder, that performance has got to give him a few more games. Friend was awesome out of D\H, made 105mts and 32 tackles.

The referee only has one eye and he pisses out of it, nuff said.
Oh, and I think Gallen is in the s**t! Thats just down right grubby, hope he cops some time on the sideline. :nonono:

Blazertaser
30-03-08, 12:01 AM
What a game!!!!!
Titans have shown that there in the running for the Premiership this year. Preston campbell played really good and the roar at the game was HUGE (i went there)

Brett Kimmorley from the sharks is just an idiot. So Overrated, kicking on the 4th tackle, from halfway AND A GRUBBER. WHAT THE F**K

Anyway (lol), Hope to see the titans keep it up all season

Ryan
30-03-08, 12:03 AM
Yes, Ben Ross is out but the sharks are not a 1 man team. There going really really well this year beating both grand finalists from last year. Should be a good game since the titans are really hard to beat at home. The roar for the titans is extremely loud and puts off the other team.

I think the titans will win though:thumbsup: i think that the score might be around 20 or so to the titans. and maybe like 6 to the sharks, just a guess:laugh: Hoping:helpme:
Dude................Game is already over! :laugh:

Titans 18 : 4 Sharks

Blazertaser
30-03-08, 12:09 AM
Dude................Game is already over! :laugh:

Titans 18 : 4 Sharks

Oi man i didnt mean to post that.
Thats been sitting on my computer since before i left for the game. Must of accidently pressed than. Soz lol:doh:

Ryan
30-03-08, 12:11 AM
Oi man i didnt mean to post that.
Thats been sitting on my computer since before i left for the game. Must of accidently pressed than. Soz lol:doh:
I was wondering wtf was going on! :laugh:
Drugs are bad mmmk!

eelectrica
30-03-08, 12:11 AM
Quietly confident we can beat the Sharks tonight ;)

Great second half from the Titans though. 1st hald was a little frustrating to watch. Seemed to squander so many opportunities, but things came together nicely in the second.

Titans proving they are going to be very tough to beat at home. Just gotta fix the road record and they'll be there in the finals.

Capital_Shark
30-03-08, 12:28 AM
Well done Titans. A much needed ground out win for you mob, unfortunately at the hands of my mob.

In the end your attack prevailed. At least 50 of the 80 mins Sharks were in defense, we allowed you's way too much ball and if Cronulla even begin to think they're a premiership contender they can't do that.

Fair enough we had Williams, Ross and Seymour out but that was crap. Also we were beat with 13mins to go. Why didn't they focus on hurting blokes? Sorry if it sounds harsh but this comp is gonna be so close that if your beat you gotta concentrate on legally hurting the opposition to take their blokes out to give you a better dig at the finals.

Blazertaser
30-03-08, 12:31 AM
Well done Titans. A much needed ground out win for you mob, unfortunately at the hands of my mob.

In the end your attack prevailed. At least 50 of the 80 mins Sharks were in defense, we allowed you's way too much ball and if Cronulla even begin to think they're a premiership contender they can't do that.

Fair enough we had Williams, Ross and Seymour out but that was crap. Also we were beat with 13mins to go. Why didn't they focus on hurting blokes? Sorry if it sounds harsh but this comp is gonna be so close that if your beat you gotta concentrate on legally hurting the opposition to take their blokes out to give you a better dig at the finals.

They might take out players later in the season, but for now there not going to. Lol:laugh: Its only round 3 of 26, early days yet, for all we know the cowboys can come back and win this thing. Maybe we will focus on that side of the game later in the season???

Paul
30-03-08, 01:02 AM
*Loved presto tonight.He was in everything as was Friend

*We could of been & were unlucky not to be up by loads at half time with the possession/territory we had.

*The ref was a twat of the highest order

* I liked that the sharks supporters were so close to the legion,It was great banter giving them hell all night.

* BOO to the sections who ignored the wave and even abused the legion for trying it

* where did that big mouthed Sharks fan go? the guy who was sitting in the legion section? As soon as we scored he disappeared

dannyboi
30-03-08, 01:03 AM
Hey guys - tonight was great - awesome time - thanks for everyone who came to join us in the Legion section.

Here are a few pictures of tonight's game. You can view the whole Album on my facebook.... By the way - good on the Smurf's you guys got on TV 4 times...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=34641&l=eade9&id=716104049

Paul
30-03-08, 01:06 AM
Hey guys - tonight was great - awesome time - thanks for everyone who came to join us in the Legion section.

Here are a few pictures of tonight's game. You can view the whole Album on my facebook.... By the way - good on the Smurf's you guys got on TV 4 times...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=34641&l=eade9&id=716104049

haha I was standing right behind you

C-Whiz
30-03-08, 01:23 AM
Crowd of 19000 plus turned up to see us continue our undefeated record at home! :p

Not the best game of quality football, but 2 points is 2 points. We need to learn to finish our plays and cross the try line.

Preston was exciting, Friendy is an unsung hero, Rogers got creative and pulled off some stunners and generally the big guys just kept hitting it up. It took a while, but we showed that we can hang tough and watch the cracks appear in the opposition.

Paul
30-03-08, 01:57 AM
I taped the game and am watching it now

Brad meyers also played VERY well

GCT_89
30-03-08, 02:09 AM
* where did that big mouthed Sharks fan go? the guy who was sitting in the legion section? As soon as we scored he disappeared

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA................that guy was too funny............... if you thought he got cut when we were scoring, you should ave seen him go off at the poor maccas crew at the coomera BP..............lol

i was waiting in line there when i hear this "this is just fkd! you can do better than this, wheres your manager"

to which i responded "your just cut! your team lost, wheres your captain?".............man did he fire up!..........lol

was very funny.......lol

* I liked that the sharks supporters were so close to the legion,It was great banter giving them hell all night.

yes...... cronullasupporters.com i think they were..........all had shirts and scrfs n stuff.....very presentable and had a few good chants, but we won so they just looked stupid.............especially when i went over there with my flag and started ripping into them (mind you there was one of me and like, 20 of them.......lol) 41 years and NOTHING! 41 years and NOTHING! 41 years and NOTHING! 41 years and NOTHING! 41 years and NOTHING!

I had a great time everyone..................best LEGION atmosphere yet!

Paul
30-03-08, 02:19 AM

I am SO going to sneak down to the legion from now on. Best spot to be in the stadium

and you were the first Legion member I met mate :thumbsup:

GCT_89
30-03-08, 02:31 AM
I am SO going to sneak down to the legion from now on. Best spot to be in the stadium

and you were the first Legion member I met mate :thumbsup:

and hopefully not the last.....we try to be a very inviting bunch in section 30

was nice to meet you mate.......

its quite funny actually.........there were several titans members/fans that had seats elsewhere, coming down to sit/stand/cheer/chant with all the LEGION boys n girls!!!! :fist:

TITAN PETE
30-03-08, 02:38 AM
yes...... cronullasupporters.com i think they were..........all had shirts and scrfs n stuff.....very presentable and had a few good chants, but we won so they just looked stupid.............especially when i went over there with my flag and started ripping into them (mind you there was one of me and like, 20 of them.......lol) 41 years and NOTHING! 41 years and NOTHING! 41 years and NOTHING! 41 years and NOTHING! 41 years and NOTHING!

So are you trying to say Cronulla has got Nothing :surprise:

I'm sure their parents are proud of them just turning up to play :dizzy:

Steve
30-03-08, 03:07 AM
Couple photos

The lads warming up

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titans/round3/round3-3.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titans/round3/round3-4.jpg

Victory Lap!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titans/round3/round3-16.jpg

DIEHARD and boof reaching out to touch the pretty ladies

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titans/round3/round3-15.jpg

The Titans Power Ranger, TURBO!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titans/round3/round3-13.jpg

Some photographer kept taking pictures, so I took hers.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titans/round3/round3-7.jpg

Titanium_BD1103
30-03-08, 09:56 AM
Nice work as always Steve.. :)

Great effort by the boys to win this match.. a really clinical performance and proof that at home, this team is a real dynamo machine.

Can't really say that there was any real standout, I am impressed by Meyers return though... he played well and the halves gelled well again... oh and Bull is awesome as always.. :D

Now to get this home form and start winning on the road, do that and it's title challenging time.. :)

patskE
30-03-08, 11:16 AM
i missed teh game, can anyone give me a report on each player? hehe

hammer
30-03-08, 12:41 PM
Once again the Titans stood up at home and produced a good win albeit a little scrappy in the first half. Very impressed with several players in particular players coming off the bench. Preston is looking sharp and enthusiastic...in fact the best I have seen him since the Titans have started. Considering that Lafranchi was off for a larger than normal amount of time (think of the work he does) I thought the other boys really stood up.
My only beef...not that the Titans had any control over it was that late start to the game (8.30pm). I understand this is dictated by Pay TV, but this is far too late for my two young boys (9 & 7 yrs of age), especially considering they played football during the day. My eldest couldn't keep his eyes open any longer and fell asleep during the second half...and he football and Titans crazy! We got home at 11pm.
I wonder whether this had an effect on crowd numbers...if we weren't season ticket holders I suppose I would have thought twice about taking my two young boys out that late.

Ryan
30-03-08, 12:45 PM
i missed teh game, can anyone give me a report on each player? hehe

1. Preston Campbell
Playing with alot of confidence, good kick returns, awesome up the middle among the forwards and managed two offloads. Made two handling errors, but is coming back to his best form and was really shining last night.

2. Ben Jeffery
Made some good meters (106) and broke a few tackles - and got a try in the first few minutes only to be taken away by Luke O'Dwyer for being 'offside & inside the ten'. Conceded 3 penalties\errors, let one try past and missed a sitter goal kick. :duh2:

3. Luke O'Dwyer
Didn't do too much from what I saw apart from concede 3 penalties\errors.

4. Brett Delaney
Another solid game. Contributed well with 120mts and 19 tackles, but 2 penalties\errors. Got awfully close to the line with his good running.

5. Jordan Atkins
Good night for Aktins. A nice cut-out pass from Rogers put him over for a try. Made 107mts and 1 line break. ERROR FREE GAME! - No penalties, errors or missed tackles! :clap:

6. Mat Rogers
Awesome game from Rogers I think. Looked dangerous with ball, very good on his feet. Setup Atkins with a try, took a try for himself, 8 kicks for 237mts, 20 tackles - 0 missed tackles :thumbsup:

7. Scott Prince
3/3 goals from the boot.
Brilliant kicking game from Princy last night, could kick a golf ball for a hole in one on any course :laugh:

8. Luke Bailey
80min, 165mts, 33 tackles and 1 offload. Say no more ;)

9. Nathan Friend
Looking better everygame, coming together well with our halves and challanged the line all night keeping them guessing. Made 1 line break and tackled like a champion (34). Got a good pass off to put the Big Red over.

18. James Stosic
Made a couple of strong runs, breakig a few tackles. Good defence.

11. Anthony Laffranchi
Copped a head clash with Gallen which cut him open early 1st half. Came back on in the second only for Gallen to offer a firm facial massage which opened him up again :boo:

12. Mark Minichiello
On fire last night, really strong running - looked ultra hard to tackle. Recieved a few nice short passes from Presto up the middle, looks like those two are developing a nice combo. Made 150mts in runs and conceded no penalties\errors :surprise:

13. Ashley Harrison
Seemed to be in the game all night, soild contributions - 30 tackles and 13 runs for 85mts.

14. Aaron Cannings
16. Josh Graham
19. Gavin Cooper
Much the same as Stosic, these three made a few good runs each and had excellent defence.

20. Brad Meyers
Got a good ball from Friend and found an Airport Runway to the try line. Made 135mts, 2 line breaks, 5 tackle breaks and 20 tackles. Brilliant game from the big red head, like to see him back out there in the next few rounds.

TITAN PETE
30-03-08, 01:05 PM
Once again the Titans stood up at home and produced a good win albeit a little scrappy in the first half. Very impressed with several players in particular players coming off the bench. Preston is looking sharp and enthusiastic...in fact the best I have seen him since the Titans have started. Considering that Lafranchi was off for a larger than normal amount of time (think of the work he does) I thought the other boys really stood up.
My only beef...not that the Titans had any control over it was that late start to the game (8.30pm). I understand this is dictated by Pay TV, but this is far too late for my two young boys (9 & 7 yrs of age), especially considering they played football during the day. My eldest couldn't keep his eyes open any longer and fell asleep during the second half...and he football and Titans crazy! We got home at 11pm.
I wonder whether this had an effect on crowd numbers...if we weren't season ticket holders I suppose I would have thought twice about taking my two young boys out that late.

I agree that the crowd would've been much better if it was a 5.30 or 7.30 game but we don't get a say in starting times.
I had a similar worry with my 9yr old son who played 2 games earlier in the day & thought he may have struggled to stay awake but he is already a Footy Junky & after returning home from the match he stayed awake to watch a replay of the match with me :fist:

patskE
30-03-08, 01:19 PM
i guess mini was making up for last week ahah
could we see atkins in the center for dwyer with peterson coming in on the wing when his fit? we need a change in the centers
so our 3 players who played their 1st game played strong? ahah headarches for carty

Tamwelg
30-03-08, 05:32 PM
1. Preston Campbell
Playing with alot of confidence, good kick returns, awesome up the middle among the forwards and managed two offloads. Made two handling errors, but is coming back to his best form and was really shining last night.

2. Ben Jeffery
Made some good meters (106) and broke a few tackles - and got a try in the first few minutes only to be taken away by Luke O'Dwyer for being 'offside & inside the ten'. Conceded 3 penalties\errors, let one try past and missed a sitter goal kick. :duh2:

3. Luke O'Dwyer
Didn't do too much from what I saw apart from concede 3 penalties\errors.

4. Brett Delaney
Another solid game. Contributed well with 120mts and 19 tackles, but 2 penalties\errors. Got awfully close to the line with his good running.

5. Jordan Atkins
Good night for Aktins. A nice cut-out pass from Rogers put him over for a try. Made 107mts and 1 line break. ERROR FREE GAME! - No penalties, errors or missed tackles! :clap:

6. Mat Rogers
Awesome game from Rogers I think. Looked dangerous with ball, very good on his feet. Setup Atkins with a try, took a try for himself, 8 kicks for 237mts, 20 tackles - 0 missed tackles :thumbsup:

7. Scott Prince
3/3 goals from the boot.
Brilliant kicking game from Princy last night, could kick a golf ball for a hole in one on any course :laugh:

8. Luke Bailey
80min, 165mts, 33 tackles and 1 offload. Say no more ;)

9. Nathan Friend
Looking better everygame, coming together well with our halves and challanged the line all night keeping them guessing. Made 1 line break and tackled like a champion (34). Got a good pass off to put the Big Red over.

18. James Stosic
Made a couple of strong runs, breakig a few tackles. Good defence.

11. Anthony Laffranchi
Copped a head clash with Gallen which cut him open early 1st half. Came back on in the second only for Gallen to offer a firm facial massage which opened him up again :boo:

12. Mark Minichiello
On fire last night, really strong running - looked ultra hard to tackle. Recieved a few nice short passes from Presto up the middle, looks like those two are developing a nice combo. Made 150mts in runs and conceded no penalties\errors :surprise:

13. Ashley Harrison
Seemed to be in the game all night, soild contributions - 30 tackles and 13 runs for 85mts.

14. Aaron Cannings
16. Josh Graham
19. Gavin Cooper
Much the same as Stosic, these three made a few good runs each and had excellent defence.

20. Brad Meyers
Got a good ball from Friend and found an Airport Runway to the try line. Made 135mts, 2 line breaks, 5 tackle breaks and 20 tackles. Brilliant game from the big red head, like to see him back out there in the next few rounds.

Awesome wrap up n the game. I was going to post something very similar myself.

Not sure who got man of the match, anyone know? I reckon it could of gone to half a dozen of the Titans, but my pick would be Nathan Friend.

I reckon Meyers to start with Bailey next week and Conn back to the bench for ? that's a hard one.

patskE
30-03-08, 06:43 PM
maybe cannings ? he hasnt dont much fomr wat i seen of him
wow conn coming back, where do u put him? ahah

Tamwelg
30-03-08, 09:44 PM
Titans aren't anything too special. Defensive liabilities all over the paddock, but its covered up by some real over time workers like Laffranchi and Bailey. Dragons showed the Titans aren't much for pressure and being rushed in attack, and we showed against Melbourne we can pull that stuff off. Gotta dog Prince all night and make him give it to Rogers, who is not a solid play maker. Limiting the meters from Bailey is another key in this game. They're a sh**** pack with the exception of him and the less he does, the less the rest will. Like to see Birdie's monster bombs come into play again this weekend to really give the Titans back three another tough night at the office. Jeffries and Atkins showed they're not too crash hot under the high ball and at times didn't even contest them. Campbell has improved but even if he catches it, its a good opportunity to iron him out and p*** off that massive home crowd.

Direct link to the post http://www.sharksforever.com/forums/showthread.php?p=78996#post78996

Looks like we proved these point wrong in this game, was that the Skarks reserve team that turned up to play :dizzy:

Sorry to bring this across CS, just wanted to keep the friendly rivalry alive :thumbsup:

karnage
30-03-08, 09:48 PM
Yeah great wrap up of all the players - it is difficult to disagree with anything you say there.

Gavin Cooper also contributed well from the bench. He can be responsible for the odd one on one missed tackle but he just offers us so much in attack with his hard running at the fringes. His style of play really works with the workhorse ethic that most of our pack displays.

I am not sure who got man of the match or the 3 Dally M's but Nathan Friend could consider himself stiff if he did not figure prominently. If the Bull keeps playing 80 and the Titans win more than half of our games he will give the Dally M a massive shake - when was the last time a prop won??

As for the makeup of the team next week there might be a couple in the Swain boat, ie unlucky to miss out but a victim of a form team with a bit of depth.

My team for the Raiders - who we really owe one after our SHOCKER in the Nation's Capital last year - would be:
1. Campbell
2. Jeffrey
3. Squirrell
4. O'Dwyer (needs to start showing something soon although his defence is first rate)
5. 'Air' Atkins
6. Rat
7. Princey (really ran the show in the 2nd half on Saturday and looked back to his very best)
8. Bull
9. Friend
10. Myers aka 'Ranga'
11. Lafranchi
12. Mini
13. Harrison (he is all class and has made our backrow as good as anything in the league)
14. Cannings (in preference to Stosic - tough call but there you go)
15. Cooper (for reasons outlined above plus the fact he was AWFUL down in Canberra and should be out to atone)
16. Graham (utility value)
17. Conn (if he can string a few together he could become one of our best - can anybody elaborate on why he was missing on Saturday??)

Finally, I am sick of having a losing mentality with regard to this awesome team so I will say this at teh start of the week: we should put at least 30 on Canberra at the fortress.

TITAN PETE
30-03-08, 10:01 PM
Direct link to the post http://www.sharksforever.com/forums/showthread.php?p=78996#post78996

Looks like we proved these point wrong in this game, was that the Skarks reserve team that turned up to play :dizzy:

Sorry to bring this across CS, just wanted to keep the friendly rivalry alive :thumbsup:

So the True colours are being shown by a Double Agent :mad: , or maybe it was a tactic by CS to spur the boys on by telling the other Guppy supporters how bad the Titans really are :laugh: .

I love his remark on how our Pack is SH## with the exception of Bull :nope: , well after lastnight how do they rate against the Dirty Sharks :cry:

TITAN PETE
30-03-08, 10:18 PM

There's no need to apologise for CS as here is another of his post after lastnight

http://www.sharksforever.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18033

Pissed we didn't go out to hurt the little soft ####s from Robina once it was certain we'd lost. In whats gonna be such a close comp, with 16 teams shooting for 8 spots, if your beat I reckon you aim up on the opposing half back and other play makers. All legit of course, but really aim up - bring in the prowler for the ribs. Titans might have got 2 points off us but if we put Prince on the sideline for a week or so the odds they'll collect another 2 the following week decrease dramatically, and we get a chance to catch up.

Steve
30-03-08, 10:29 PM
I noticed a few of the guys over there agreed, saying that that's how you win a premiership.

With so many experts on how to do that... :surprise:

Paul
30-03-08, 10:36 PM
The only bit that bothered me about his post(s) were the "well we haven't got time left to win so we should of put a key player out for the season"

so if you can't beat them...take em out ay? :p

You have to beat the best to be the best otherwise it's a hollow victory, You don't try and take out key players after you've given up on a game just because you've been outplayed

Capital_Shark
30-03-08, 10:43 PM

So the True colours are being shown by a Double Agent :mad: , or maybe it was a tactic by CS to spur the boys on by telling the other Guppy supporters how bad the Titans really are :laugh: .

I love his remark on how our Pack is SH## with the exception of Bull :nope: , well after lastnight how do they rate against the Dirty Sharks :cry:

There's no need to apologise for CS as here is another of his post after lastnight

http://www.sharksforever.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18033

Pissed we didn't go out to hurt the little soft c0cks from Robina once it was certain we'd lost. In whats gonna be such a close comp, with 16 teams shooting for 8 spots, if your beat I reckon you aim up on the opposing half back and other play makers. All legit of course, but really aim up - bring in the prowler for the ribs. Titans might have got 2 points off us but if we put Prince on the sideline for a week or so the odds they'll collect another 2 the following week decrease dramatically, and we get a chance to catch up.

Have a look here lads. My posts are almost identical. I don't change my tune to suit. I said both here and there that the we should have gone out to legally hurt blokes once the match was gone, and I stick by that. I also said that your forward pack ain't much without Bailey. I stand by that too; Bailey is Green and Gold deserving rep. The other forward's work is determined by his. He goes bad, they will too.

And Pete, I strugged to see how I'm a double agent. A name like Capital Shark with Greg Bird in my sig should have gave it away.

I simply stated what I thought we had to do to win at Robina, and what the Titans short falls were. We didn't work to that, and to the Titans credit, they covered some of that up. If you can find where I unduly and wrongly made direct criticism against the Titans; feel free to make a contradicting idiot of me.

I never contradicted myself on either forum. I'm laughing you lads care so much about my opinion to go hunt it out across the world wide web. Maybe I'm in the wrong job. Look out Gus.

Tamwelg
30-03-08, 10:49 PM
I'm laughing you lads care so much about my opinion to go hunt it out across the world wide web. Maybe I'm in the wrong job. Look out Gus.

Didn't go hunting mate. I regularly pop in and read other teams forums, especially if we are playing against them, or played against them that week. I just happened to come across your post and thought it would spark a bit of friendly rivalry.

Capital_Shark
30-03-08, 10:54 PM
Didn't go hunting mate. I regularly pop in and read other teams forums, especially if we are playing against them, or played against them that week. I just happened to come across your post and thought it would spark a bit of friendly rivalry.

Your right mate. I understand that completely. I do the same, given the time. Love the banter and rivalry. But I stand by what I say.

End of the day, your mob played well, gave us no ball, and won. Well done. But obviously my pre-game opinion will differ from my post-match opinion.

C-Whiz
30-03-08, 11:12 PM
I do the same, given the time.

Guys, honestly, I struggle to get my tips in some days! Don't get me started on fantasy league! :p

I don't get why you'd bother wasting your time following/reading other teams forums. But whatever you've got time for! I'm happy just to make it to game day! Only the TITANS for me! :)

Titans Rock
30-03-08, 11:20 PM
Great win by the Titans! was a slow start to the match but we picked up the pace and had a great majority of possession.

DIEHARD
31-03-08, 12:54 AM
(((((Group Hug))))))

goldcoastitans
31-03-08, 03:07 PM
Couple photos

The lads warming up

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titans/round3/round3-3.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titans/round3/round3-4.jpg

Victory Lap!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titans/round3/round3-16.jpg

DIEHARD and boof reaching out to touch the pretty ladies

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titans/round3/round3-15.jpg

The Titans Power Ranger, TURBO!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titans/round3/round3-13.jpg

Some photographer kept taking pictures, so I took hers.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titans/round3/round3-7.jpg

how do you add images like that ? every time i ask to add images it asks me for a link and then when i post it all it shows is the link?

Paul
31-03-08, 03:18 PM
Load it onto photobucket or flicrk then put [IMG] tags around it

The gold coast website has 31 pics up now as well from the sharks game

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Steve
31-03-08, 04:09 PM
how do you add images like that ? every time i ask to add images it asks me for a link and then when i post it all it shows is the link?

Also in photobucket it provides the image address with the forum code directly, among html code and other things.
When you click the image button and it asks for a link, it should just be putting in the image with the address and adding [IMG] tags to it.
Make sure you're giving the actual image address, not a page containing the image. That's the only reason i can think of for it not working!

goldcoastitans
31-03-08, 04:42 PM
sweet thats boys ...now to open photo bucket
and those photos on the gold coast web look awesome .....how good is the legion section look in those photos ;)

patskE
31-03-08, 08:46 PM
hopefully carty plays 4 forwards on the bench
friend can do the job without amos
i rkn maybe drop odwyer to bench n shift atkins in when peterson is bak

Across The Ditch
01-04-08, 08:38 PM
Good to get the win after last weeks loss. Looks like we shouldn't have to much trouble at home just need something to build on when away...

Titans Rock
01-04-08, 11:30 PM
yeah definately, if we want a top 4 spot we are gonna have to pick up 2 points on the road