PDA

View Full Version : SOO 2008: Game Three: New South Wales vs Queensland

Queenslander
26-02-08, 08:26 PM
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx15914.jpg
State of Origin 2008: Game Three

New South Wales Blues vs Queensland Maroons
ANZ Stadium; Wednesday 2nd July, 8:00pm

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3d/NSW_Blues.PNGvshttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/66/Queensland_Maroons.jpg/155px-Queensland_Maroons.jpg

Referee:

Team Notes:

Blues

Maroons

Teams:
http://www.rebelsport.com.au/ecom/rebel/artwork/interface/categories/new-south-wales.jpg

Blues:
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jarryd Hayne
3 Joel Monaghan
4 Matt Cooper
5 Anthony Quinn
6 Braith Anasta
7 Mitchell Pearce
8 Willie Mason
9 Danny Buderus (capt)
10 Brett White
11 Craig Fitzgibbon
12 Ryan Hoffman
13 Paul Gallen

Interchange: Kurt Gidley, Anthony Laffranchi, Ben Cross, Anthony Tupou.

http://www.rebelsport.com.au/ecom/rebel/artwork/interface/categories/queensland.jpg

Karmichael Hunt
Darius Boyd
Greg Inglis
Brent Tate
Israel Folau
Johnathan Thurston
Scott Prince
Steve Price
Cameron Smith (capt)
Petero Civoniceva
Michael Crocker
Ashley Harrison
Dallas Johnston

Interchange
Billy Slater
Ben Hannant
Nate Myles
Sam Thaiday.

DIEHARD
12-06-08, 01:51 PM
Bring on Game III! Bring on the THREE-PEAT! Bring on the Maroon dynasty!

GCT_89
12-06-08, 03:36 PM
Bring on Game III! Bring on the THREE-PEAT! Bring on the Maroon dynasty!

Bring on the big maroon coloured, over size check for 'Mr Archer'......

im hoping the blues can fire up for this one....... last nights game is now just history.....time to take back what is rightfully ours........

Bring on the glory days!!!!

BringBackWillie
12-06-08, 07:16 PM
Any of the legion coming down for this game?

Chaos
12-06-08, 07:26 PM
One all and coming into the decider...looking forward to it.
We were a lot better side in game two with Prince at half...Thurston played back to his best without all the pressure.
There is something about Prince that turns all players around him into better footballers.

The personal match up between Inglis and Gasnier will be one of the most anticipated...I can't wait to see how that one ends up.

DIEHARD
12-06-08, 07:39 PM
Should be a sell out for the decider now for sure! :thumbsup:

C-Whiz
12-06-08, 08:08 PM

im hoping the blues can fire up for this one....... last nights game is now just history.....time to take back what is rightfully ours........

Bring on the glory days!!!!

There will be no "big maroon coloured check for Mr Archer". All proceeds were exhausted in game 2. ;)

Last nights game is not just history, it's history repeating! 2nd time you've been walloped by the biggest losing margin of 30 points to Qld! Nice! And the second time you've been kept scoreless :thumbsup:

Bring on the Glory Days? Qld has been having them for the past 2 years. Did I mention History repeating?

Dummy Half
12-06-08, 08:28 PM

HA HA yes it was ARCHER who put the "don't argue" on Turner and Gasnier,
ARCHER booted the ball over the sideline when NSW had a rare chance,
And it was ARCHER who chip kicked for Folau in the corner!

No matter how bad anyone thinks Archer was,
He didn't make NSW play like CREAM PUFFS
They did that on their own.....

:banana::banana::banana:QUEENSLANDER!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Paul
12-06-08, 10:13 PM
HA HA yes it was ARCHER who put the "don't argue" on Turner and Gasnier,
ARCHER booted the ball over the sideline when NSW had a rare chance,
And it was ARCHER who chip kicked for Folau in the corner!

No matter how bad anyone thinks Archer was,
He didn't make NSW play like CREAM PUFFS
They did that on their own.....

:banana::banana::banana:QUEENSLANDER!!! :banana::banana::banana:

well to be fair the same could be said for game 1.It didn't stop the whole of QLD blaming Archer and whinging to/about him and his refereeing in sydney until Kick off yesterday

Dummy Half
13-06-08, 08:08 PM
well to be fair the same could be said for game 1.It didn't stop the whole of QLD blaming Archer and whinging to/about him and his refereeing in sydney until Kick off yesterday

I dont think there were many Queenslanders saying Archer cost us the game or anything
Im pretty sure it is widely acknowledged in QLD that we just played like crap
and NSW played better

Just like game 2
NSW were a bunch of rainbow fairies
& QLD was regular good old Queensland

I wish people would stop crying about the ref
Archer did this.... Archer did that.....
Unless there's a Unbelievably Shocking call or borderline cheating goin on,
(eg. S. Clark in Game 3 '06 and C. Ward in Game 3 '02),
Just leave them alone!
-

C-Whiz
13-06-08, 08:22 PM
I dont think there were many Queenslanders saying Archer cost us the game or anything
Im pretty sure it is widely acknowledged in QLD that we just played like crap
and NSW played better

Just like game 2
& QLD was regular good old Queensland
Exactly mate!

I wish people would stop crying about the ref
Archer did this.... Archer did that.....
Unless there's a Unbelievably Shocking call or borderline cheating goin on,
(eg. S. Clark in Game 3 '06 and C. Ward in Game 3 '02),
Just leave them alone!
It was so much easier when Barry Gommersall was in charge and we could all just focus on the footy. :laugh:

Grimmace
24-06-08, 08:19 AM
N.S.W side has been updated on the first page.

DIEHARD
24-06-08, 11:30 AM
Queensland

Karmichael Hunt, Darius Boyd, Greg Inglis, Brent Tate, Israel Folau, Johnathan Thurston, Scott Prince, Steve Price, Cameron Smith (capt), Petero Civoniceva, Michael Crocker, Ashley Harrison, Dallas Johnston

Interchange:
Billy Slater, Ben Hannant, Nate Myles, Sam Thaiday.

Titanium_BD1103
24-06-08, 01:21 PM
QLD side is the same as game 2, no surprise there... however NSW is interesting... I am not sure about Pearce, I think he can do the job, but whether it's too much pressure to come into things where he is, I just am not sure.

The rest of the NSW side is alright, I think Monaghan might add something in attack... while Cross as another prop was a must and good to see him back :)

daveyk
24-06-08, 02:38 PM
i think prince will be alot more on fire for this one, as he will be in camp from the start and not thrown in at the last moment...

Blunt_Beno
25-06-08, 03:21 PM
with anasta and pierce there, nsw are gunna be alot stronger in attack, although i still think peter wallace deserves to keep his spot, he did nothing wrong that i can remember.

just wondering why the hell slater is on the bench, just like game 2, its wrong haha. hunt is the one used as a utility so why not start him there and let billy get his eye in straight from the start. :doh:

titanstattman
25-06-08, 05:27 PM
Ur going down u qlders u got nuffing....

A good old 9iron gets rid of a toad these days......

GO THE BLUESSSSSSSSSSSS

Robbie_Dee
25-06-08, 05:35 PM
with anasta and pierce there, nsw are gunna be alot stronger in attack, although i still think peter wallace deserves to keep his spot, he did nothing wrong that i can remember.yep, he did nothing wrong, except get injured :p

Glad QLD stuck with same team. Cant wiat.

cornerposter
25-06-08, 08:51 PM
Just like game 2
& QLD was regular good old Queensland-
which means NSW were regular good old NSW :p

DIEHARD
25-06-08, 09:35 PM
I'm very confident of a Maroons victory here. The Blues will have a better kicking game though, but we will be ready for it.

titanstattman
25-06-08, 10:02 PM
I'm very confident of a Maroons victory here. The Blues will have a better kicking game though, but we will be ready for it.

Talk it up u got nothing nothing i say......

GO THE BLUES U WONT BEAT US U TOADS.......

goldcoastitans
26-06-08, 12:43 PM
LOL
BRING IT ON NSW

GONNA MAKE U GUYS SQUIRM ON THE FIELD YOU ALL GONNA WISH YOU WERE MAROONS SUPPORTERS AFTER THE WHITEWASH

Blunt_Beno
27-06-08, 01:08 AM

they might have a better kicking game then last game, but we will have a better kicking game overall. anasta and pierce have got nothing on prince and thurston.

i put 20 on prince for man of the match haha, i know big spender ay lol.

Blunt_Beno
27-06-08, 01:12 AM
Ur going down u qlders u got nuffing....

A good old 9iron gets rid of a toad these days......

GO THE BLUESSSSSSSSSSSS

this is true, but how many cochroaches have u seen that r strong enough to pick up a golf club>? hmm none im thinking. but i do believe toads eat cochroaches with ease :D

DIEHARD
27-06-08, 02:17 AM
About 72,000+ sold for the match. Come on you Blues, sell this game out!

titanstattman
27-06-08, 09:04 AM
this is true, but how many cochroaches have u seen that r strong enough to pick up a golf club>? hmm none im thinking. but i do believe toads eat cochroaches with ease :D

Well for one i can pick up a club.....:surprise:

We let u eat us cuz u need the blues to stay alive with out us u'll all die and that would be the end of the toads so at the end of the day wat ur saying with eating us is that ever toad has abit of roach in them i can deal with that......:thumbsup:

About 72,000+ sold for the match. Come on you Blues, sell this game out!

Diehard u said it i cant believe it u did it.. you said COME ON YOU BLUES i told u one day u'll see the light

Blunt_Beno
27-06-08, 11:47 AM
Well for one i can pick up a club.....:surprise:

We let u eat us cuz u need the blues to stay alive with out us u'll all die and that would be the end of the toads so at the end of the day wat ur saying with eating us is that ever toad has abit of roach in them i can deal with that......:thumbsup:

haha, but what ya forgetting is that they eat them and then they poop them out haha, toads are just helping everyone see what use cochroaches really are, which is CRAP :laugh:

titanstattman
27-06-08, 11:53 AM
haha, but what ya forgetting is that they eat them and then they poop them out haha, toads are just helping everyone see what use cochroaches really are, which is CRAP :laugh:

Yes toads do do that but carp is good for gardens so it doesnt matter if we get eat and sh1ted out we stlli are usefull......:fist: :laugh:

kwigibo
27-06-08, 12:19 PM

Is this an appeal for a pity win? It's not that bad yet, at least it isn't 2-0 like last year.

kwigibo
27-06-08, 12:21 PM
they might have a better kicking game then last game, but we will have a better kicking game overall. anasta and pierce have got nothing on prince and thurston.

Don't forget Smith has boots all over Buderus, and Hunt can definitely outkick Stewart.

titanstattman
27-06-08, 12:23 PM
Is this an appeal for a pity win? It's not that bad yet, at least it isn't 2-0 like last year.

:laugh: :laugh: Na not a pity win just letting u qlders know that its fact that u qlders are going to lose on wed's:thumbsup:

goldcoastitans
27-06-08, 02:08 PM
:D i hope u eat ur words on WED:) :) :) :) :)

GO QUEENSLAND!!!

titanstattman
27-06-08, 02:37 PM
:D i hope u eat ur words on WED:) :) :) :) :)

GO QUEENSLAND!!!

The only thing i will be eating is chicko rolls as the blues win would u like me to get a cpl for u for wed...

goldcoastitans
27-06-08, 03:13 PM
hahaha ur a funny man :)

titanstattman
27-06-08, 03:17 PM
hahaha ur a funny man :)

I'll even pull them out of that place... but come on u really think u are going to win on wed i dont think Sooooooooooooooooooooo

goldcoastitans
27-06-08, 03:20 PM
i dont think i know :D

titanstattman
27-06-08, 03:23 PM
i dont think i know :D

Im going to PM u a number to ring its for ppl who hav'nt yet seen the light but they will help u on ur way ok....:fist:

daveyk
27-06-08, 04:07 PM
QLD :D :thumbsup:

thats all i have fow now

goldcoastitans
28-06-08, 12:38 PM
i saw a few of the NSW players yesterday took a couple of pics for u DOUG :D:D:D

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa45/chawade/DSC00121.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa45/chawade/DSC00120.jpg

titanstattman
28-06-08, 01:16 PM
Thats cool was that at ur place if so its good to see u have my friends around alot....

But on the other hand i could put pics up of a toad after iv hit it with a 9 iron but i dont think ppl would like it much cuz it dont look to good...

curly_11
30-06-08, 10:12 AM
The only thing i will be eating is chicko rolls as the blues win would u like me to get a cpl for u for wed...

Man where do you keep pulling those chiko rolls from....they always come out of no where! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Country_Titan
30-06-08, 09:19 PM
Go them blues!!!!!

titanstattman
01-07-08, 12:53 PM
Go them blues!!!!!

Got that RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goldcoastitans
01-07-08, 01:21 PM
GO THE MIGHTY MAROONS!!!

titanstattman
01-07-08, 01:29 PM
GO THE MIGHTY MAROONS!!!

Wake up wade and see the light of the BLUES BLUES BLUES BLUES BLUES

Robbie_Dee
01-07-08, 02:29 PM
Only 1 sleep to go, haven't been this excited about a game for a while!

GO THE MIGHTY MAROONS!!!!!!!!

Ryan
01-07-08, 04:24 PM
This is all you blue bastards will be seeing after you cry yourselves to sleep tomorrow night:

http://bambootextilestore.com/images/maroon.jpg

You will all be waking up in the middle of the night screaming: "TACKLE HIM! TACKLE HIM! - NOOOOO! - F**kin GREG INGLISS!........" :dummy:

titanstattman
01-07-08, 04:24 PM
Only 1 sleep to go, haven't been this excited about a game for a while!

GO THE MIGHTY MAROONS!!!!!!!!

Only one more sleep to go and than u'll be put out of ur misarre

titanstattman
01-07-08, 04:26 PM
This is all you blue bastards will be seeing after you cry yourselves to sleep tomorrow night:

http://bambootextilestore.com/images/maroon.jpg

You will all be waking up in the middle of the night screaming: "TACKLE HIM! TACKLE HIM! - NOOOOO! - F**kin GREG INGLISS!........" :dummy:

I like the way u think but its sad thatr u'll be wrong on that one......

GO THE MIGHTY MIGHTY MIGHTY MIGHTY MIGHTY MIGHTY MIGHTY MIGHTY BLUESSSSSSSSSSS

TITAN PETE
02-07-08, 07:56 AM
GO THE MIGHTY MIGHTY MIGHTY MIGHTY MIGHTY MIGHTY MIGHTY MIGHTY BLUESSSSSSSSSSS

Yeh what Doug said :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

goldcoastitans
02-07-08, 10:04 AM
WHY DONT YOU NSW SUPPORTERS JUST CHOOSE A CRAPPER TEAM TO SUPPORT ...i dont think you could get any lower then NSW but if you wanted to i guess you all could just go a little lower and support St George :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

goldcoastitans
02-07-08, 10:48 AM
Oh and did anyone hear about the Video Ref??? its Harrigan :( not good for Queenslanders and i also hear Harrigan has spent the last 3 days in the NSW camp ref'ing there "fun" games .........guess who has the ref on there side
and note im putting this up before the game so when all the decisions go NSW way i said the refs were crap before the game

But i dont mind the refs being on NSW side they need all the help they can get to beat a strong QUEENSLAND side!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Robbie_Dee
02-07-08, 11:00 AM
Oh and did anyone hear about the Video Ref??? its Harrigan :( not good for Queenslanders and i also hear Harrigan has spend the last 3 days in the NSW camp ref'ing there "fun" games .........guess who has the ref on there side
and note im putting this up before the game so when all the decisions go NSW way i said the refs were crap before the game

But i dont mind the refs being on NSW side they need all the help they can get to beat a strong QUEENSLAND side!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:Ddon't get me bloody started on Bill Harrigan! :fight: Load of BS that is, I'm just pumped for tonight! 9 hours to go! :p

TITAN PETE
02-07-08, 11:32 AM
WHY DONT YOU NSW SUPPORTERS JUST CHOOSE A CRAPPER TEAM TO SUPPORT ...

Why haven't QLD got enough support :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TITAN PETE
02-07-08, 11:33 AM
But i dont mind the refs being on NSW side they need all the help they can get to beat a strong QUEENSLAND side!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Well you guys had the ref on your side in game 2 :cry:

goldcoastitans
02-07-08, 11:36 AM
we didnt invite him to join us 3 days before the game so we could suck up to him though .....we better then that!

Grimmace
02-07-08, 11:39 AM
we didnt invite him to join us 3 days before the game so we could suck up to him though .....we better then that!

N.S.W never asked for Harrigan as bellamy said they usally send a young bloke. Appears this could be Bellamys last match as coach anyway.

Theres been a Change in the N.S.W side with Gidley to fullback and stweart to the bench.

Hoppy2007Dragons
02-07-08, 02:15 PM
WHY DONT YOU NSW SUPPORTERS JUST CHOOSE A CRAPPER TEAM TO SUPPORT ...i dont think you could get any lower then NSW but if you wanted to i guess you all could just go a little lower and support St George

now now, dont be bitter just because we turned the temple of boom in to the temple of gloom. :D

goldcoastitans
02-07-08, 02:26 PM
now now, dont be bitter just because we turned the temple of boom in to the temple of gloom. :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D my bad im still just trying to get over the win :p

titanstattman
02-07-08, 02:39 PM
WHY DONT YOU NSW SUPPORTERS JUST CHOOSE A CRAPPER TEAM TO SUPPORT ...i dont think you could get any lower then NSW but if you wanted to i guess you all could just go a little lower and support St George :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh and did anyone hear about the Video Ref??? its Harrigan :( not good for Queenslanders and i also hear Harrigan has spent the last 3 days in the NSW camp ref'ing there "fun" games .........guess who has the ref on there side

I take u havnt takien ur meds this week i think u should there my friend.

goldcoastitans
02-07-08, 02:55 PM
hey what colour does your face go when you choke :) ....pretty sure its BLUE:eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

Boofhead
02-07-08, 03:03 PM
hey what colour does your face go when you choke :) ....pretty sure its BLUE:eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

I see what you did there. :D

titanstattman
02-07-08, 03:20 PM

Thats pretty funny but not as funny as the BLUESSSSSSSSS KICKING QLD BUTT TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

Steve
02-07-08, 03:21 PM
What Doug said. :D

goldcoastitans
02-07-08, 03:22 PM
how did i know the big man would have something to say ...you even to scared to watch the game with us hey Doug :D:D:D:D

goldcoastitans
02-07-08, 03:24 PM
What Doug said. :D

worst come back steve ....you know what a great comeback is gonna be ...coming from 1-0 down to win the comp 2-1 ....i can see the headlines now
QUEENSLAND FIGHT BACK TO TAKE THE ORIGIN TROPHY!!!

:fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight:

titanstattman
02-07-08, 03:25 PM
how did i know the big man would have something to say ...you even to scared to watch the game with us hey Doug :D:D:D:D

Im starting work at 3am so the pub prob not the best place anyway i got 2 bottles of burb at home so that should get me thu the night and plus its chearper and my tv is bigger.......:salute:

titanstattman
02-07-08, 03:26 PM
worst come back steve ....you know what a great comeback is gonna be ...coming from 1-0 down to win the comp 2-1 ....i can see the headlines now

Yeah same old QLDers allways comming from the back :thumbsup:

Steve
02-07-08, 03:37 PM

That wasn't a comeback! I was agreeing with Doug!

That's quite the imagination you have there though. ;)

TITAN PETE
02-07-08, 04:01 PM
Yeah what Steve said ;)

goldcoastitans
02-07-08, 04:09 PM
I swear everyone on here is a NSW supporter ...it sucks where are all the QLD'ers ......i have 3 NSW people commenting ...where the rest of the Toads ....lol :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

C-Whiz
02-07-08, 04:13 PM
I swear everyone on here is a NSW supporter ...it sucks where are all the QLD'ers ......i have 3 NSW people commenting ...where the rest of the Toads ....lol :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Mate, we're here. Just don't see much point arguing with Blues supporters. You know the old saying,
"The biggest fool isn't the one who thinks he knows it all, it's the wanker in the Blues jumper who wants to argue with him". :D

Just ask King Wally Lewis and MG:laugh:

goldcoastitans
02-07-08, 04:15 PM
hahahahaha i love it :)

Coaster
02-07-08, 04:18 PM
Im keeping real quiet on this one, they talked it up big after game 1, 3 nil and all that jazz, as far as im concerned we have a football game to win, and once thats done, and done well, we can have another 12 months to give it to them.

C-Whiz
02-07-08, 04:21 PM
Hey, is it just me or has everyone knocked off early today so we can get good seats at your local and get a head start? :thumbsup:

titanstattman
02-07-08, 04:35 PM
Hey, is it just me or has everyone knocked off early today so we can get good seats at your local and get a head start? :thumbsup:

Hahahah u would think thats the case ay..

Iv got my good seats right here in front of my little telly so im set GO THE BLUESSSSSS

C-Whiz
02-07-08, 04:42 PM
Hahahah u would think thats the case ay..

Iv got my good seats right here in front of my little telly so im set

Mate, I don't blame you for not wanting to be seen in public in your Blues jersey. :laugh:

titanstattman
02-07-08, 04:48 PM
Mate, I don't blame you for not wanting to be seen in public in your Blues jersey. :laugh:

I rackon wen we win tonight u should wear a blues shirt to the next game and than get photos i can just see u in a blues jumber:laugh:

C-Whiz
02-07-08, 04:52 PM
I rackon wen we win tonight u should wear a blues shirt to the next game and than get photos i can just see u in a blues jumber:laugh:

Too right mate, a nice Pacific Blue, white and gold number. :thumbsup:

But it'll be all Maroon tonight! And tomorrow with pride, while yours goes back into mothballs.

titanstattman
02-07-08, 04:54 PM
Too right mate, a nice Pacific Blue, white and gold number. :thumbsup:

But it'll be all Maroon tonight! And tomorrow with pride, while yours goes back into mothballs.

Tell him his dreaming son

eelectrica
02-07-08, 05:10 PM
Gonna be a close game and easily the best of the series.
Quietly confident on this one though...

:fight: Go Queensland!!!:fight:

Steve
02-07-08, 08:33 PM
Ack. Prince injured, broken arm.

There goes the titans season.

kwigibo
02-07-08, 08:34 PM
there goes the season, fractured arm?

kwigibo
02-07-08, 08:35 PM
Confirmed, broken left forearm, didn't I say at the beginning that I'd rather someone else's most important player be risked in Origin/

Paul
02-07-08, 08:39 PM
wow, how good was that try!

Steel Dragon
02-07-08, 09:09 PM
Definitely the best game of the series thus far. Will go right down to the wire. Very hard luck on Scott Prince and the Titans.

GO THE BLUES!!!

Jason

TITAN PETE
02-07-08, 09:12 PM
Great 1st half with young Mitchell Pierce playing with a lot of confidence but i'm shattered about the Prince :nope:

kwigibo
02-07-08, 09:30 PM
How was that played at? Flinching counts?

kwigibo
02-07-08, 09:31 PM
They really do miss Prince.

TITAN PETE
02-07-08, 10:11 PM
A great game & a big BLUES thanks to QLD Best in Paul Gallen :thumbsup:

Israel you are a deadset FREAK :surprise: :thumbsup:

Steve
02-07-08, 10:11 PM
Congratulations to Queensland.
NSW went straight up the middle all game, making lots of ground but Anasta and Pierce had nothing, couldn't finish with points.

I just hope it doesn't cost us our season now.

Paul
02-07-08, 10:12 PM
Well done QLD,well deserved series win

But Thurston man of the series?????? wtf

TITAN PETE
02-07-08, 10:15 PM
Well done QLD,well deserved series win

But Thurston man of the series?????? wtf

It was either Slater or Petro :fist: , Thurston wasn't QLD best in any match :nope:

kwigibo
02-07-08, 10:15 PM
Gallen's value is what? Giving the rest of his team a break from tackling as they wander back while the opposition kick for touch?

jasbec
02-07-08, 10:25 PM
Gallen's value is what? Giving the rest of his team a break from tackling as they wander back while the opposition kick for touch?
Gallen is a thug

TITAN PETE
02-07-08, 10:30 PM
Gallen is a thug

True & as long as he's in the Blues & Cronulla's sides they'll never win the matches that matter :nope:

Tamwelg
02-07-08, 10:41 PM
A great game & a big BLUES thanks to QLD Best in Paul Gallen :thumbsup:

Israel you are a deadset FREAK :surprise: :thumbsup:

Gallen the grub struck again :eyebrows:
WOO HOO IN YOUR FACE NSW :D

jasbec
02-07-08, 10:43 PM
True & as long as he's in the Blues & Cronulla's sides they'll never win the matches that matter :nope:
Yep you got that right and it also proved it in game 2. Ah well he'll feel like a pretty big fool in the morning I'd say. BIG PETRO should of got man of the series i reckon.

Robbie_Dee
02-07-08, 11:01 PM
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! YOOUU BLOOODY BEAUUUTY!

3 straight series, can't do much better than that!!! NSW blamed it on Muzza for their first 2 series....But the fact is, a coach can't make a team win if they're just not up to the standard! LMAO at Gallen the over rated thug. Can't stand up when it counts, gave away countless penalties and errors!

Can't blame that one on the ref, QLD just out wrestled them. 4 line breaks to 1, QLD defused everything that was thrown at them! Folau and Inglis, feels pretty bloody good knowing every bomb that goes up will be defused 100% of the time. Job well done, and am bloody proud to be a Queenslander right now!

Dallas Johnson...bloody hell what a machine, 48 tackles. Real bad luck for Prince, gotta feel for him, 15 minutes in to get your arm broken...thats tough. Took QLD a while to get back into gear after that, credit to Slater, and JT towards the end.

and this is all with no Lockyer, people thought we didn't have a bloody chance in hell!!! This is the beginning of a QLD dynasty, while ever Petero and Price are out there, I can't see QLD being beaten.

GO THE MIGHTY MAROONS!!!

Steel Dragon
02-07-08, 11:03 PM
Absolutely gutted. That last foprward pass call was bull****, but we blew it long before then when we couldn't convert from all the pressure we applied in the first 20 of the second half. Congratulations to Queensland, their defence won them that game, and a spark of Thurston brilliance. I agree that Peterol Seventycentsalitre should have got Man of the Series.

Paul Gallen, Braith Anasta, and Anthony Quinn should never be picked again. Add Greg Bird to that list. Pearce went ok, but Peter Wallace still should be our long term half. As for five-eighth, honestly I think we need to do a Queensland and cheat and play either Benji or Mateo (and Sonny-Bill in the back row ;)). The only home-grown options would be Soward and Carney. Gidley should only be picked as fullback, but whether he is better than Stewart is debatable. Robbie Farah will be our long-term hooker, and probably should have already got a run off the bench.

Now to sit back and wait for the inevitable finals choke from the Dragons, and unfortunately I fear my second team will fade badly without Prince and Bailey. Watching Manly, Melbourne, and probably Brisbane up the top of the table again will further enhance my general bitterness with Rugby League that dates back to 1994 and the first whispers of Superleague.

Jason

cornerposter
03-07-08, 12:08 AM
^^^ lol at that.

Well done QLDRs.

Highlights:
The way the team overcame the massive loss of Prince - bloody gut wrenching to see SP with another broken bone
Everything Petro did - agree he should of got the Wally Lewis medal
JT - this guy just continues to step up when it counts most.
Billy Slater - IMO had his best Origin game tonight
Can't wait for the next episode of "Where's Willie" - how overated can someone be?
Great to see Gallen stay true to form - oh yeah, this overated!

DIEHARD
03-07-08, 01:17 AM
What a brilliant series victory for Queensland. Steve Price has moved firmly into Legend territory now. The way he puts his body on the line is amazing.

BACK TO BACK TO BACK!

Get that into you Doug, GCT 89, Steve and all you other ****roaches.

But it's conflicting feelings because on one hand Queensland rose to the occasion and won but we lost Scott Prince, the Titans heart.

I'm feeling dispirited for the team and for him personally. We don't like to see our players suffer. But I refuse to think our season is anywhere near over. We have a lot of talented troops including play makers. But more on that later.

Well done Queensland, that one was for you Tosser!!! :thumbsup:

Dummy Half
03-07-08, 01:32 AM
This is the beginning of a QLD dynasty

WOW :D
The beginning??
So it takes 3 series wis in a row to be "the beginning"?
Sounds good to me :)

So what do we reckon?.... an 8 year dynasty? 10yr? Can i get a 12?? :D

:banana: :banana: :banana: QUEENSLANDER:banana: :banana: :banana:

DIEHARD
03-07-08, 02:43 AM
Hopefully it will last forever and I think the Gold Coast Titans and the fertile rugby league nursery they sit on will only strengthen Queensland. To a substantial extent. Give it time though.

But in the mean time, the Titans are also proving to be a great haven for Queensland players and also reinvigorating the careers of many players, taking them to the next level.

jenwood
03-07-08, 07:31 AM

Gallen proved last night that he is not a footballer- just a talentless,brain-deprived thug! If Ricky picks him for the World Cup he has rocks in his head! Ash Harrison is by far a better player- he tackled and ran the ball with intensity all night. A complete footballer- not a bash artist!:thumbsup:

jenwood
03-07-08, 07:34 AM
Yep you got that right and it also proved it in game 2. Ah well he'll feel like a pretty big fool in the morning I'd say. BIG PETRO should of got man of the series i reckon.

Agree totally- Petro is a machine! He never stops, never blows-up and just keeps on keeping on! All the NSW forwards need to have a good long look at themselves and then look at Petro and say 'Thats how I need to play and conduct myself'. What a role model for any footballer- he is a champion.:thumbsup:

cornerposter
03-07-08, 08:20 AM
Gallen proved last night that he is not a footballer- just a talentless,brain-deprived thug! If Ricky picks him for the World Cup he has rocks in his head! Ash Harrison is by far a better player- he tackled and ran the ball with intensity all night. A complete footballer- not a bash artist!:thumbsup:
Agree with both those points. Ash played great!

Agree totally- Petro is a machine! He never stops, never blows-up and just keeps on keeping on! All the NSW forwards need to have a good long look at themselves and then look at Petro and say 'Thats how I need to play and conduct myself'. What a role model for any footballer- he is a champion.:thumbsup:
An absolute legend of the game!!

Jaye001
03-07-08, 08:47 AM
People blaming Gallen for the loss have no ******* idea. Yeah he gave away a couple of penalties which cost NSW 1 penalty goal in the end BFD!!!!. How about taking note of the pathetic game plan and structure of the NSW attack. NSW attack was nothing more than 1 out all night trying to play up the middle off fast play the balls. The backline well what backline never seen the ball lets go 5 up then bomb great footy that is!!!!! and when the backs did try and attack, it was so 1 dimensional that any junior side would be able to read the plays if you could call them that. NSW two best attacking halves went head to head on monday night just again showing what fools the selectors really are. Can't wait to hear from Daley & co talk about how competitive the side was and that it could have gone either way what a load of BS. By the way im a blues supporter through and through but for this game i took QLD in all of my tipping comps, as soon as i seen the side selected. Ryles, Kite, Carney, Kimmorley to name a few have been some of the best players in their positions for the last month or 2 now but still never seem to get a look in. What happened to picking the best individual players for representetive football not wether or not they have a club combination that sometimes works (Pearce, Anasta) what a joke. How about rewarding the players who truely deserve a start, I mean isn't that what rep footy is all about!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

cornerposter
03-07-08, 09:18 AM
ohhhhhh, it hurts doesn't it c0ckroaches!!
:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

goldcoastitans
03-07-08, 09:29 AM
What a brilliant series victory for Queensland. Steve Price has moved firmly into Legend territory now. The way he puts his body on the line is amazing.

BACK TO BACK TO BACK!

Get that into you Doug, GCT 89, Steve and all you other ****roaches.

But it's conflicting feelings because on one hand Queensland rose to the occasion and won but we lost Scott Prince, the Titans heart.

I'm feeling dispirited for the team and for him personally. We don't like to see our players suffer. But I refuse to think our season is anywhere near over. We have a lot of talented troops including play makers. But more on that later.

Well done Queensland, that one was for you Tosser!!! :thumbsup:

Totally agree with 2 parts of that

first - i agree stick that up ya roaches :D
second - i had mixed feelings as well, first i was like aaah worry about it after the game and concerntrate on the origin win. then when we won, they loss of Prince was gut wrenching....but just means Davis gets to prove himself ....i wish him the best of luck with filling in the big shoes of Prince, and best of luck to Princey - hope he gets fixed up real soon :salute:

Robbie_Dee
03-07-08, 10:14 AM
If Ricky picks him for the World Cup he has rocks in his head!Well you can be sure that Gallen will be there if he is injury free. I'd bet my house on him being there, which is a shame because he is going to keep players out of the team who deserve to be there.

It'll be interesting watching the footy show tonight, and what Laurie Dailey has to say. Is he going to defend their selections or admit that they got it wrong, because that is clearly what they did. I agree Jaye....Kimmorley needed to be there, whether it be along side Carney or someone like Brett Finch. Cross, White and Hoffman never perform, and I dunno why Bellamy persists with them. They need some Cashmere in there. Seriously, he is so under rated. Anyone who watches the cowboys games, you gotta agree, he puts is all in every week, always very reliable and makes the metres and eats up the tackles.

QLD have the perfect mix at the moment. The quality depth in important positions, quality forwards, A great coach with great assistants and trainers, and a home ground that is guarenteed a sell out every home game! Great to be a Queenslander!!!!!

zoro
03-07-08, 10:21 AM
Peter Wynn blogs live at 1.30pm Thursday for a post State Of Orgin wrap up at the Daily Telegraph (HERE (http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/nrlexperts/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/peter_wynn_live_blog_on_post_state_of_origin_wrap_ up/))

If you send in your questions NOW, Peter will answer them this afternoon.

curly_11
03-07-08, 10:42 AM
I read an article this morning on the fox sports website that quoted Searle saying its likely that prince will go under the knife on friday! It normally takes 6-8 weeks for a broken arm to heal so that puts him back in the line up for round 24 but on the radio they said he could return for round 23. We will need him in those last couple of weeks!

Time for the boys to step up. :poke:

Big J
03-07-08, 05:06 PM
I apologise if I echo anyone elses sentiments here but I am too heart broken to read all the gloating posts.

Craig Bellamy the Super Coach... Wouldn't of thought so.

Who in their right mind uses all interchanges by the 70th minute and then has Mason, Laffranchi, Cross and Gidley (who was undoubtedly the best player on the field) watching those last 10 minutes while Sir Bleed a Lot (Brett White) ambles around the park missing decisive tackles and offering nothing in attack and leaves Gallen on to give away idiotic penalties late in the tackle count and throw unnecessary passes and turn over possession when in great attacking position????? (Take Breath)

How f***ing hard was it to see that Gallen should of been benched while Gidley moved to 5/8, Anasta to lock and Stewart stays at fullback???

Oh and note to Pearce and Anasta, you are allowed to run the ball on the 5th tackle. You did it once and we scored.

Oh and another note to Pearce and Anasta, bombing to wings which contain Folau on one side and Inglis on the other is so dumb it is beyond belief.

FAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

And to top it all off Prince gets injured.

If you'll excuse me I am going to Bunnings to ask for the rope section......

C-Whiz
03-07-08, 06:20 PM
I don't need to say anything. Apart from Scott Prince, I don't think it could have worked out much better. :thumbsup:

kwigibo
03-07-08, 08:36 PM
I don't need to say anything. Apart from Scott Prince, I don't think it could have worked out much better. :thumbsup:

So Harrison's ribs were a positive? ;)

Chaos
03-07-08, 09:59 PM
Oh and another note to Pearce and Anasta, bombing to wings which contain Folau on one side and Inglis on the other is so dumb it is beyond belief.

The funny thing was...I was laughing in Origin 2 when they bombed to Folau...and they did it again.
That NSW side would have to be the dumbest I ever seen.

When Prince was on the field, QLD looked like raking in a cricket score.
I can't remember an Origin or grand final team loosing there half back at the start of the game and still winning such an important game.

I know Pearce is only young but why did he just run the ball by himself when attacking QLD's line? I saw him do it three times.
NSW had a cahnce to win that game but their halves totally blew it.

I sure the NSW selectors would not only be hiding but I'm sure they won't be calling for Gould's advice in the near future.

That was a tough game and QLD stole the series from NSW's own back yard.