PDA

View Full Version : Ebay: Titans 2008 jumper

stormside
13-02-08, 09:19 PM
Signed by the squad...what do you reckon I should ask for it on ebay?

Tamwelg
13-02-08, 09:23 PM

Wait for the season to start. I think you'll get a bit more for it. I tried selling a jersey on ebay with 13 signatures starting at $199 and didn't get a single bid.

Super Cronk
13-02-08, 09:46 PM
lol...thought you were going to say you jumped onto the titans bandwagon.

around $160-200

*by jumper you mean jersey right?

Tamwelg
13-02-08, 11:48 PM
lol...thought you were going to say you jumped onto the titans bandwagon.

Who you mean, Stormside?

Capital_Shark
14-02-08, 12:12 AM

Timing is everything mate. Wait till May/June when everyone's attention is Rugby League, and even a little more than usual cause its around State of Origin time and you'll get plenty more bites. Don't wait too long though, like for the top 8 to be decided, unless the Titans are looking like certs, cause if they don't make it, people will expect it a bit cheaper.

And what do you 'ask for it'? eBay is an auction site. Put it up and let others argue over its worth.

C-Whiz
14-02-08, 07:43 AM

I don't think you should be getting any players to sign stuff just so you can profit from their signatures. It goes against everything I believe about the goodwill between players and their "fans". :mad:

I see this all the time, people hounding players for signatures just so they can flog stuff on e-bay for their own profit. And then when the players decide, "Why should I be signing stuff so other people can make money from my signature", they stop signing stuff and true collectors and fans miss out.

It's a DISGRACE!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

stormside
14-02-08, 01:52 PM
Yeah its a jersey...lol I hounded nobody...have never spoken to a titans player or attended a Titans game...it was given to me.

I think people who assume things rather then finding the fact can be described as something too although I wont.

Thanks everyone for the advice..who knows if I sell it early enough I may be able to use the money to attend a few Titans matches this season.

Super Cronk
14-02-08, 03:11 PM
Who you mean, Stormside?

yep.

so what price did you start at stormside?

stormside
14-02-08, 03:19 PM
Going to wait till the Titans come out and go

BangBangBangBANG in the first 4 rounds and then throw it on there.

Super Cronk
14-02-08, 03:34 PM
Ill laugh if you put it up and it goes for like $150, and then they win the Grand final.

stormside
14-02-08, 05:15 PM
Ill be laughing too...what odds are they to win the premiership...might back em as a safety net lol

Super Cronk
14-02-08, 05:17 PM
Ill be laughing too...what odds are they to win the premiership...might back em as a safety net lol

haha...yeah, the storm got it for sure...but do that just incase by a miracle they win it.

*dont everyone crack the sads...im only kidding.

C-Whiz
14-02-08, 06:25 PM
Yeah its a jersey...lol I hounded nobody...have never spoken to a titans player or attended a Titans game...it was given to me.

I think people who assume things rather then finding the fact can be described as something too although I wont.

I'm not assuming anything, I'm making a statement. Take it how you want. I stand by my comments.

stormside
14-02-08, 08:42 PM
Yeah mate I realise it was more a statement then a crack at me.....and a fair enough thing for you to think. But I feel absolutely no guilt in making a little spare cash off a gift I received.

Ryan
14-02-08, 09:02 PM
Yeah mate I realise it was more a statement then a crack at me.....and a fair enough thing for you to think. But I feel absolutely no guilt in making a little spare cash off a gift I received.
Yeah me neither, every year I hock in all the birthday & X-mas presents that I don't like. I usually offer it back to the person who gave it to me first though, for a reduced price just out of courtesy ;)