PDA

View Full Version : Heritage Round Titans Jersey

Queenslander
02-12-07, 10:04 AM
Titans' new retro jersey

By Michael Westlake
December 01, 2007 11:00pm

NEXT year's NRL Heritage round, as part of rugby league's centenary celebrations, was always going to present a challenge for the Gold Coast.

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5778426,00.jpg

After all, with the tourist strip's top-flight rugby league club having so many identities over the years, how would the Titans settle on a design to pay tribute to during the NRL's retro round?

Do they go for the black and silver of the Giants, taking the opportunity to blast the old "Fee-fi-fo-fum. . . the Giants are gonna get you while you're lazing in the sun" theme tune?

Or perhaps dust off the marvellous aqua and purple crime against fashion known as the Chargers strip, allowing football manager and part-time mannequin Scott Sattler to throw a few pairs of socks down the front of the Reg Grundies and cameo as Captain Charger.

Perhaps even the slightly more obscure green and gold ensemble worn by Martin Bella and his teammates in a trial match against North Sydney in 1996, when the club (in a not too surprising identity crisis) was known for five minutes as the Gladiators.

All good choices. But in the end, the Titans settled on the classic butcher's stripe worn by the Gold Coast Seagulls circa 1990-1993, replacing the red, white and black of the Gulls.

The design hasn't been released yet, so this is a bit of an exclusive sneak peak. If anyone asks where you saw it, tell them you forget.

www.thesundaymail.com.au

DIEHARD
02-12-07, 10:29 AM
Wow that is very nice. While they changed the colours it still reminds me instantly of the Seagulls.

A must have jersey!

And best of all, it has a collar!

quins rl
02-12-07, 01:46 PM
I like it,and will buy it if its for real,and as Diehard says,ITS GOT A COLLAR LIKE ALL RUGBY SHIRTS SHOULD HAVE! :)

hugebrianfan
02-12-07, 02:50 PM
thats very nice.....

DIEHARD
02-12-07, 03:31 PM
It will look even more fantastic in reality modelled on a player.

dee13
02-12-07, 05:43 PM
Almost the way I visioned it. Hoops are traditional with the other 3 clubs we have had on the Gold Coast. It looks great.

Old Diehard
02-12-07, 06:27 PM
..It looks great - same as the Giants old stripes but in the Titans colours.

It will sell like hot cakes!

Steve
02-12-07, 06:44 PM
I like! Taken the traditional and mixed it with the new.
And I agree, collar is good! It chafes around the neck without one.

DIEHARD
02-12-07, 07:12 PM
Shall we start camping out for it now? This is going to be a winner!

It will looking a thousand times better on a player as well.

PROMETHEUS
02-12-07, 10:25 PM
I like it,and will buy it if its for real,and as Diehard says,ITS GOT A COLLAR LIKE ALL RUGBY SHIRTS SHOULD HAVE! :)
Yeah,but we are a league team..:p
Agree it looks good :clap: ,cant wait to see the players wearing it...
Will the shorts and/or socks change as well?

DIEHARD
03-12-07, 10:49 AM
Well we are rugby as well. But you have to respect that in England the game's birthplace, rugby league is often called rugby.

And fair enough, I don't listen to the ARU's marketing department and sports masters of private schools anyway in their efforts to make rugby league seem like some sort of mongrel lesser cousin.

I don't think anyone will be complaining about this beauty of a jersey. It will be a winner all round.

quins rl
03-12-07, 11:01 AM
Yeah,but we are a league team..:p
Agree it looks good :clap: ,cant wait to see the players wearing it...
Will the shorts and/or socks change as well?

Yeah i know,but still cant get used to calling union-rugby and league footy or football!! Regardless,all rugby (either code) shirts nearly always look better with a collar?
Does anyone know if Qld cup jerseys(Tweed Heads Seagulls mainly)are sold anywhere?

DIEHARD
03-12-07, 11:40 AM
I think you can buy Queensland Cup jerseys at What's Your Team at Redcliffe, north of Brissie. http://www.whatsyourteam.com.au/

Might also pay to contact the Tweed Seagulls club.

Steve
03-12-07, 12:18 PM
I wonder when the new jersey goes on sale, I want one!

I was just checking out that link too, Diehard. I saw they have QRL retro jerseys too, great to see! I still have to get me an '88 Panthers.

DIEHARD
03-12-07, 12:42 PM
Yep, love the Valleys retro jersey! I have one.

BringBackWillie
03-12-07, 08:15 PM
Wow! Finally, a team returns to the days of the collars!

dee13
04-12-07, 06:17 PM
Does anyone know if Qld cup jerseys(Tweed Heads Seagulls mainly)are sold anywhere?

Burleigh Bears sell jerseys at their home games.

C-Whiz
05-12-07, 10:06 PM
Yes, I like it a lot! It's clearly a nod to the Seagulls, which is fair enough and the collar makes it. I can't afford one, but it would be a nice little collectible too.

quins rl
06-12-07, 05:04 PM
Any date been mentioned for the launch/sale of the retro shirt yet?

Steve
08-12-07, 02:45 PM
Saw this centenary jersey at whatsyourteam.com.au

http://www.whatsyourteam.com.au/shop/images/lg_titans%20ccc%20ctenary%20jersey.jpg

http://www.whatsyourteam.com.au/shop/prod9077.htm

I like the one in the image at the start of this thread, this one is quite a bit different! Not sure if it's official or what. Although Diehard pointed out, ours would be Reebok, which that jersey isn't.

qld power
08-12-07, 06:17 PM

http://www.whatsyourteam.com.au/shop/images/lg_titans%20ccc%20ctenary%20jersey.jpg

I like the one in the image at the start of this thread, this one is quite a bit different! Not sure if it's official or what. Although Diehard pointed out, ours would be Reebok, which that jersey isn't.

thats a shocker that one is

TITAN PETE
10-12-07, 09:26 PM

I have seen this jersey in the flesh & it's "Ugly" & on the back is a large white square with no7 on it as in 2007 our inception into the NRL they are available through Amart Allsports & available in all teams with the Strorm winning the Ugliest jersey of all time :( .

The real one is made by Reebok & should be available late this month or early January & is only going to a Limited edition :clap: with only a small amount available through the Titans shop & Rebel.

alex
11-12-07, 09:23 AM
So you're saying that CCC has made unofficial retro jerseys for all the NRL teams for 2008, cool but yeah it's ugly as hell. I'll probably get the Souths heritage jersey that they wear ingame to go with my #10 Souths 2007 home jersey that i've got on right now:D.

Steve
11-12-07, 09:35 AM
So you're saying that CCC has made unofficial retro jerseys for all the NRL teams for 2008, cool but yeah it's ugly as hell. I'll probably get the Souths heritage jersey that they wear ingame to go with my #10 Souths 2007 home jersey that i've got on right now:D.

It's probably in the 'official supporters gear' line that Best and Less sell. A lot cheaper than the normal merch.

Timmy Titans
15-12-07, 03:09 PM
Thats one cool jersey

But that one that canterbury made is ugly

DIEHARD
19-12-07, 09:25 PM

I got to see this supporter jersey in the stores and I have to say it looks fantastic in reality. It even has 07 on the back.

Definitely something I will buy.

Titanium_BD1103
19-12-07, 10:34 PM

No they are not unofficial, as Steve said they are supporters gear and nope Steve, they cost almost as much as the authentic jerseys do....;)

As for them, yes the NRL asked Canterbury Clothing Company (CCC) to create a set of supporter jerseys for the centenary year, based on the old school retro look for supporters to wear, and this is what they came up with... all 16 teams have one, and they are all pretty much the same look, striped in the team colours with the patch on the back with the number.

They look alright, not sure I'd get one, but yeah they are official supporter gear...:)

DIEHARD
19-12-07, 10:54 PM
I'm going to get an ARL one and a Titans one.

But they RRP for $99.95 or there abouts. Which is pretty Xie.

hammer
07-02-08, 06:59 PM
Just saw the Titans Heritage Round Jersey on Channel 9 Gold Coast News...very nice. Can't wait to buy one!

DIEHARD
07-02-08, 07:13 PM
Me too hammer, its a dream jersey. I love it, especially the collar.

Definitely one for Titans fans to try and get for future enjoyment.

I wonder how many we will see in Round 6 at the match, my guess is quite a lot.

TITAN PETE
07-02-08, 07:27 PM
I'm hoping to pick mine up tomorrow at Robina they were due in store today & i have seen them in the flesh & they look "OUTSTANDING":cool:

DIEHARD
07-02-08, 07:32 PM
I'm hoping to pick mine up tomorrow at Robina they were due in store today & i have seen them in the flesh & they look "OUTSTANDING":cool:

If you manage to get one, let us know. Maybe even take some pics.

TITAN PETE
08-02-08, 10:47 AM
If you manage to get one, let us know. Maybe even take some pics.

I'll wear it Sunday:D

Steve
08-02-08, 11:14 AM
I've been keeping an eye out for these in the stores, but not seen yet. I'll have to go into town and see if they're anywhere but the Titans shop.

dee13
08-02-08, 07:21 PM
I was in the Titans shop today. Still no heritage jerseys yet:(

hammer
09-02-08, 09:45 AM
Thanks Dee you saved me a trip today...any word on timeline from the Titans Shop!

dee13
09-02-08, 12:16 PM
Thanks Dee you saved me a trip today...any word on timeline from the Titans Shop!

I have spoken to Ian and the shop got an order in from Reebok yesterday. He said they should be on the shelves sometime next week. Day unknown.

hammer
09-02-08, 02:27 PM
Thanks Dee I shall be down this week sometime.

hammer
16-02-08, 12:11 PM
To save me a trip does anyone know whether the Titans shop has received a shipment of Heritage Jerseys yet!!

TITAN PETE
27-02-08, 04:41 PM
WOOHOO :D ,received a call from Kerry in the Titans shop today & raced down & picked up a couple of the BEST looking Heritage Jerseys in the comp from Vicky who was sick of seeing me every 2nd day asking where they were:p , but they were well worth the wait :cool: !

Boofhead
27-02-08, 05:27 PM
Went down to have a look at them.

Apart from the $170 price tag... They look fantastic!

GCT_89
27-02-08, 06:15 PM
are they only available down there?

or will they be at a-mart or rebel or something too?

TITAN PETE
27-02-08, 08:35 PM
Went down to have a look at them.

Apart from the $170 price tag... They look fantastic!

They are a limited run (100 jerseys in Titans store) & they are $153 when you show your members card.

TITAN PETE
27-02-08, 08:51 PM
are they only available down there?

or will they be at a-mart or rebel or something too?

You would probably have to check with Rebel but i would expect they would have them in store before round 6 ;) .

You could grab 1 on Saturday if ya cashed up :) .

Also everyone that is keen on buying one check the size properly as i'm a big lump & always wear a 2XL but these are HUGE & i am in a XL which is still a big but i LOVE IT :p

qld power
28-02-08, 05:03 PM
wheres some photos of this thing yet

travop
28-02-08, 09:02 PM
NICE
at my footy cluub we got centenary celebrations jerseys too!
looks great

Queenslander
01-03-08, 02:28 PM
http://www.whatsyourteam.com.au/shop/images/lg_titans%20heritage%20jersey.jpg

from whatsyourteam.com.au

Paul
01-03-08, 02:34 PM
when I saw them in the photos on here I thought they were ok but not that great but I went to the Robina store this morning and they look/feel awesome

$170 is ridiculous for a footie jersey though, $150 is still too expensive.You can import jerseys from overseas for that amount.

If the titans/reebok made an affordable jersey the crowds would look amazing and they would sell loads more jerseys.

DIEHARD
01-03-08, 02:36 PM
http://www.whatsyourteam.com.au/shop/images/lg_titans%20heritage%20jersey.jpg

from whatsyourteam.com.au

That looks absolutely amazing!

quins rl
04-03-08, 12:26 PM
Thats a great looking shirt,collars n all!! But at $170 i wont be buying,why are shirts so expensive in Oz??:(

Dakink
04-03-08, 12:28 PM
Thats a great looking shirt,collars n all!! But at $170 i wont be buying,why are shirts so expensive in Oz??:(

My feelings exactly - my guess is it has to do with the licensing of the full label shirts.

You can get cheaper ones in Best & Less etc but I dont think they carry the full range of sponsors.

dee13
04-03-08, 06:05 PM
One sure way to make sure you get your $170.00 worth is to do what I do and get your jersey signed. I guarantee it will triple in price. I think these heritage jerseys are a limited run making them worth more in years to come.

My heritage jersey (A work still in progress)
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/P3030400.jpg

Just one more signature to get on these 2. (Paul Broughton) Making 46 signatures
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/P3030401.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/P3030399.jpg

Steve
04-03-08, 06:15 PM
I got mine at the game with my member discount because it's unlikely I'd make it to the Robina store, and I'd have to pay full price up here in Brisbane.

It's a lot more comfortable than the normal jersey. Both less of a heat trap, and the collar makes a huge difference, I end up with chafing around the neck from the collarless jersey!

One thing to make note of though. My large heritage jersey is bigger than my extra large 2007 jersey!

TITAN PETE
04-03-08, 10:39 PM
It's a lot more comfortable than the normal jersey. Both less of a heat trap, and the collar makes a huge difference, I end up with chafing around the neck from the collarless jersey!

One thing to make note of though. My large heritage jersey is bigger than my extra large 2007 jersey!

With you 100% Steve i love the collar & they are far more comfy than the previous also they are definatley made bigger so us Big Boys enjoy the smaller labels :rolleyes: