PDA

View Full Version : New England Rugby League logo

DIEHARD
07-02-08, 07:37 AM
New England Rugby League logo

http://www.therfl.co.uk/uploads/2841.jpg

The England rugby league team?s new official logo has now been launched to the public.

The new design will support the transition from Great Britain to England ahead of this year?s rugby league World Cup in Australia and has a modern look and feel which fits with the innovative nature of rugby league.

The logo has been developed over a 12 month period and the RFL has consulted with a wide range of people involved in the sport during this process.

The traditional English flag - the cross of St George - plays a key role in the logo and is positioned across a three-dimensional shield within the design. The date ?1895? is placed through the centre of the cross, symbolizing the birth of rugby league.

As part of the development process, proposed designs were shown to a large supporter research panel. Members of the media were also consulted along with past and present international players and coaches - including current England head coach Tony Smith.

The feedback was used to finalise a design brief which was then progressed by leading Newcastle based sports agency Cravens, whose client list includes other national governing bodies, professional sports leagues and leading European football clubs.

Commenting on the new logo, the RFL?s marketing manager Phil Williams said: ?The new England brand has a modern feel to it which reflects the innovative nature of rugby league. It gives the England team a fresh new look but also captures the history of the game which we feel is an important element.

?We believe the logo also reflects the forward-thinking and passionate nature of the sport of rugby league and creates a powerful image of the England team brand.

?We gave stakeholders and supporters the opportunity to shape the look and feel of the new identity. We wanted everyone to feel part of the process as the England rugby league team belongs to the whole game.

?We believe supporters will wear the new design with pride and follow the England team with passion, not only for this year?s rugby league World Cup in Australia but for many years to come.?

From 2008 onwards, the England team will compete in all World Cups, international tournaments and Test series. This will support the RFL?s strategy for the growth and development of the sport in this country and throughout Europe. The separation of Great Britain will also create an important opportunity for the celtic nations to drive the growth of the game in their territories.

As well as appearing on the England rugby league team?s kit, it will also appear on the team?s training and leisure wear. The logo will also appear on all official replica shirts and England rugby league team merchandise.

The new England rugby league kit design and details of other exciting branded official merchandise will be unveiled later this season.

http://www.superleague.co.uk

DIEHARD
07-02-08, 07:43 AM
Can't say I like it. It is over simplistic and a big step backward from even their old logo.

I loved their old logo, I thought it was fantastic and was even thinking that when I was wearing and England Rugby League jersey yesterday.

Here is a picture of the old logo.

http://www.ourfootyteam.com/images/rugbyLeague_clubs/uk/england_rl/lions_sml_size2.jpg

I'm interested in comment from Pommie fans as they are the ones who have to live with it, we just need to thrash the footy team with it gracing their jersey.

~lee~
08-02-08, 03:47 AM
Yeah i dont really like it, it looks too neat and 'designed', kinda soulless. Maybe it will look better on a shirt though. I liked the old badge. Of course it will be enhanced sitting next to the world cup.

quins rl
08-02-08, 09:17 AM
Not overl impressed,maybe it will grow on me!The old logo was fine for me,and what were you doing wearing the England shirt??