PDA

View Full Version : Legion: Footy Meet Up II

DIEHARD
23-01-08, 06:06 PM
Just to let everyone know.

Me and Steve have planned a meet up this Sunday the 27th in Brisbane city, just so we can organise some chants and songs.

I know its a bit out of the way for coasters, but we'll use this as a stepping stone for a bigger one down on the coast.

We'll probably get some lunch and some drinks and then probably throw the ball around in the botanic garden.s

I'd sat 1pm Sunday we'll meet.

Boofhead
24-01-08, 01:32 PM
Unforchanately guys I'm working on Sunday. Will definately make sure I'm free for a Gold Coast meet up.

DIEHARD
24-01-08, 04:08 PM
Unforchanately guys I'm working on Sunday. Will definately make sure I'm free for a Gold Coast meet up.

No worries, Maybe you can help out with when and where.

Let us know your schedule. Maybe in a week or so from Sunday we can work another meet up.

Though I'll be in Sydney for that Fan Day thing.

Steve
24-01-08, 04:27 PM
Hopefully we can get a few along. 1pm sounds good, I should be awake and hungry by then!

DIEHARD
24-01-08, 05:20 PM
Well we should have me, Steve, GCT 89, DannyBoi and C Whiz.

Should be good, I'm looking forward to it!

We just need to work out a great place to eat.

Steve
24-01-08, 05:36 PM
I'd have suggested Sizzler. :(

DIEHARD
24-01-08, 05:47 PM
I'd have suggested Sizzler. :(

Yea but the bastards took that away from us.... :(

Beach House might be a go.

Queenslander
24-01-08, 06:32 PM
Unfortunately i am camping and can't make it. I will be at the coast for a couple of titans games for sure!

Queenslander
24-01-08, 07:38 PM
Hey DIEHARD, do you happen to have any pics of the legion helmet and sword?....There is a pic of two players wearing the gear on the main page but you can't quite see the detail.

DIEHARD
24-01-08, 08:47 PM
Hey DIEHARD, do you happen to have any pics of the legion helmet and sword?....There is a pic of two players wearing the gear on the main page but you can't quite see the detail.

These are the prototype pictures I got.

http://www.thealbionalliance.com/legionhelmets.jpg

BringBackWillie
24-01-08, 10:05 PM
Sorry guys - obviously can't make it :(

But will catch up with you in Sydney for Fan Day. What are you movements like dow here Diehard?

DIEHARD
24-01-08, 10:22 PM
Sorry guys - obviously can't make it :(

But will catch up with you in Sydney for Fan Day. What are you movements like dow here Diehard?

Pretty wide open. We could organise something afterwards!

I'm trying to find out if we can take flags and banners.

DIEHARD
25-01-08, 10:52 PM
My mate Goatus who came to a heap of games and is a member here is in for Sunday.

Dee13, you in mate?

dee13
26-01-08, 10:08 AM
Sorry buddy. I can't make it. Not long to go until I get married and Trace and I have 2 or 3 days off together to finalise all the little fiddly details.

Catch you guys at the Titans Fan day.

Boofhead
27-01-08, 11:59 PM
No worries, Maybe you can help out with when and where.

Let us know your schedule. Maybe in a week or so from Sunday we can work another meet up.

Hows this weekend sound? I'm free Sunday (i think, need to consult feburary roster), we should meet up at titanium bar and have lunch or somthing!

Btw, looked like today was a blast - wish I could of made it. ><

DIEHARD
28-01-08, 03:21 PM
Hows this weekend sound? I'm free Sunday (i think, need to consult feburary roster), we should meet up at titanium bar and have lunch or somthing!

Btw, looked like today was a blast - wish I could of made it. ><

I will be in Sydney at the Fan Day but that is no reason not to keep the ball rolling.

DIEHARD
29-01-08, 07:02 PM
How does a week from this Sunday sound for a meet up on the Coast?

Steve
29-01-08, 10:40 PM
I'm gonna have to check what I have on, but if it's nothing, count me in!

Dakink
30-01-08, 06:00 AM
Where abouts?

Burleigh?

Boofhead
30-01-08, 01:29 PM
Getting screwed around by work with my roster, not sure if im working Sunday or not. As it stands, ill be working all weekend... But have Mon-Fri off.

Bleh, ill get back to ya.

DIEHARD
01-02-08, 01:10 AM
Got a PM from the an admin on BHQ. Looks good to me besides the idea of more than one team. We'd only be able to get one team I think.

Gday mate

We're throwing around a few ideas in the admin forum at the moment. We were thinking we could turn the Broncos v Titans touch footy event into a good cause. Nothing set in stone yet as we only just started discussing it this afternoon but we were thinking play it on the weekend of the round 6 match and make a good day of it, get as many teams as possible, get everyone to donate $5 as an entry fee and maybe run a sausage sizzle as well. All the proceeds would go to Youngcare - see the thread in General Talk for details about them.

We were thinking it would be great if both sets of fans united for this cause and might even give us a chance of press coverage via both of the official websites or something.

What do you reckon?? There's even been the idea thrown around that we play the curtain-raiser match in round 6

Like I said nothing confirmed at all yet but do you reckon if we do decide to go ahead with it you could be our point of contact at the Titans end??

Cheers mate
Jebba

Steve
01-02-08, 08:20 AM
That's a brilliant idea.
I've always thought one thing the legion could do outside of the footy is maybe do some fundraising for charities and things (assuming we get numbers willing!), this is definitely a good start to that.
We might be able to get the clubs behind this touch game and maybe even get sponsorship from people.

DIEHARD
01-02-08, 08:33 AM
That's a brilliant idea.
I've always thought one thing the legion could do outside of the footy is maybe do some fundraising for charities and things (assuming we get numbers willing!), this is definitely a good start to that.
We might be able to get the clubs behind this touch game and maybe even get sponsorship from people.

And Youngcare is such an appropriate cause for football fans.

I think they are the ones that even advertise in Rugby League Week.

BringBackWillie
01-02-08, 08:37 AM
Sounds like a great idea.

Even though the rivalry exists between the 2 clubs, it'll be good to see us unite and play against each other for a good cause. Adds better credibility to the game too.

If it becomes official, I can organise a proper ref for it from the touch association up there

Question is - which jersey will I be wearing??? :D

Steve
01-02-08, 08:49 AM

Titans, of course. ;)

Tamwelg
01-02-08, 09:24 AM

There only one worth wearing isn't there :D