PDA

View Full Version : titans v tigers trial at robina?

Blunt_Beno
13-12-07, 09:09 PM
i heard that the titans first game at robina will be a trial match against the tigers, is this true can anyone tell me when n how much n what not plz

dee13
14-12-07, 06:10 PM
The trial match with the Tigers is on the 1st of March 2008. At this stage Im unsure of times and costs

C-Whiz
14-12-07, 06:27 PM
i heard that the titans first game at robina will be a trial match against the tigers, is this true can anyone tell me when n how much n what not plz

This will be an awesome trial game. I look forward to this.

Does membership include trial matches?????

GCT_89
14-12-07, 11:39 PM
nope.... they do not............ maybe you can sit in the legion for this game whiz..........?

Blunt_Beno
16-12-07, 12:25 PM
awesom, cant wait. will be my first time seeing the titans play :S

will be a great game also i reckon. hopefully the field decent teams.

hugebrianfan
18-12-07, 09:52 AM
this'll be a tough game for the titans but i know they can do it, wish them all the best!

squirrell
21-12-07, 10:15 AM
Great i can sit with the legion for this one as the membership ive bought isnt with the legion.(family pressure sorry)still theres nothing to stop us legion wannabes having a cold one with the legionnaires prior to our home games.That actually would make me a roman auxiliary as they accompanied the legionnaires into battle,not as glamorous i suppose and probably a bit like groupies for pop stars!!!As long as the Legion dont expect the auxiliaries to fetch their beers for them at all the home games otherwise ill get an inferiority complex and change my membership.:dummyspit:

GCT_89
21-12-07, 01:44 PM
hahahahaha..............this trial will be really good for the legion in the way that, people who were 'pressured' into getting mebership elsewhere in the stadium can sit in the legion in this time.................!

will be a great game..... so lets continue our undefeated record with the tigers through into 2008 and beyond..!

Prodigy
26-12-07, 09:46 AM
should be a good game. The titans will lose though IMO. Wests have got a great backline and a solid pack. With Mat head's pin point kicking game and the speed of lawrence and youngquest coming though for the chips and such, Titans will need to be quick killing situations. With the ability of Wests Forwards to dominate with a fast second phase play strategy, if The Titans are not up to standard with their fitness, it could be a long night.

Ryan
26-12-07, 12:23 PM
should be a good game. The titans will lose though IMO. Wests have got a great backline and a solid pack. With Mat head's pin point kicking game and the speed of lawrence and youngquest coming though for the chips and such, Titans will need to be quick killing situations. With the ability of Wests Forwards to dominate with a fast second phase play strategy, if The Titans are not up to standard with their fitness, it could be a long night.

Being a trial match, like most people I'll reserve my prediction till an actual line up for both teams is released.
I'm sure your aware of who BJ is?

Capital_Shark
26-12-07, 12:33 PM
There is a lot of things I might call into question about the Titans - fitness is not one of them. Matthew Head on the other hand, its injury plagued (much like his halves partner) and been resting up in England.

First impressions of this game is a big score, both ways. Flair in attack is each team's specialty, and defense really isn't, so I can see tackling taking a back seat and out scoring the other mob the game plan.

Obviously thats if they both field a side I'd expect to see for a regular round game, which is unlikely.

C-Whiz
26-12-07, 12:49 PM
if The Titans are not up to standard with their fitness, it could be a long night.

If they aren't up to standard with their fitness, it will be a long season under BJ! I'd say he's making them put the hard yards in now.

It's a trial, so result is not so important as sorting yourself out for round 1, but agree with CS that it should be very entertaining, free-flowing football.

Also agree with Ryan that seeing a team line-up would be a good indicator of the likely result.

GCT, sounds like a good idea to pack out the LEGION bay for this one. I can't commit yet, but if I'm going, I'll be cheering with you guys.

Prodigy
26-12-07, 04:58 PM
Being a trial match, like most people I'll reserve my prediction till an actual line up for both teams is released.
I'm sure your aware of who BJ is?

I wasn't born yesterday, so i am quite aware of wo johnston is.

bigjim
27-12-07, 01:42 PM
I hope they use this game as designed; an opportunity to trial less experienced players, players out of position, different plays and test overall player fitness.

To state the obvious, winning would be nice but not necessary for the game to be beneficial to the Titans.

Trial games are a wonderful opportunity but have a high degree of injury risk attached.

deborah
08-01-08, 02:42 PM
Was wondering if anyone could please tell me how I can get hold of tickets for this trial match.
Thank you.