PDA

View Full Version : Round 1 vs Cowboys - Friday Night Footy

Cowboy Titan
06-12-07, 08:48 AM
The NRL have released the game times for round 1 with the Titans to open the season on Friday night at 7:30pm.

GCT_89
06-12-07, 10:31 AM
oh great! cant wait!

will also be going to the penrith broncos game.......

where did you find out the game dates?

Steve
06-12-07, 10:46 AM
Sweet!

Then I have the Panthers game on sunday arvo, gives me saturday to recover. :D

DIEHARD
06-12-07, 01:03 PM
Brilliant. Should be fantastic Friday night game and having the Broncos on Sunday is a brilliant weekend for Queensland footy.

HodgoBerro
06-12-07, 01:07 PM
whereabouts was this found because i can't find it on nrl.com

:EDIT: just picked up the courier mail and read the article apologies guys

DIEHARD
06-12-07, 01:24 PM
Titans the opening night stars

GOLD Coast Titans co-captain Scott Prince was `buzzing' after learning his club's round one clash with the Cowboys at Skilled Park will be one of the headline acts on the opening night for rugby league's centenary season.

The National Rugby League has announced the Titans first match at their new Robina home base will kick off round one for the 2008 season along with the Rabbitohs clash against the Roosters at Telstra Stadium.

Both matches will be played on Friday, March 14 with the 7.30pm kickoff times giving the Sydney clash a one-hour head start because of daylight saving in NSW.

But Prince thinks the opening of Skilled Park will see most attention focused on the Gold Coast.

"Oh nice," he said when The Gold Coast Bulletin broke the news of the scheduling to him last night.

"Just playing there full stop it's going to be a big buzz, not only for the first team but playing another Queensland side, it's going to be extra special.

"A good little Queensland derby to open the season -- I can't wait."

The construction of the $160 million Skilled Park will see the Titans move to Robina next year after playing their debut season at Gold Coast Stadium, Carrara.

For Prince, who won an NRL title with Wests Tigers in 2005, the move into their new home on league's opening night will give a fresh boost for the Titans.

"We had our first year and it was all exciting being a new football team and starting from the ground up," said Prince.

"Now we have a new home and it's another highlight. I'm excited and I'm sure I speak for all the players.

"The crowds here have been great and hopefully they can get behind the team again and turn it (Skilled Park) into something like the advantage the Storm have over other sides at Olympic Park."

National Rugby League boss David Gallop released the scheduling for the opening five rounds at yesterday's annual chief executive's conference in the Hunter Valley.

For Titans chief executive Michael Searle, the announcement was a reward for the work his young club has done in growing the game on the Gold Coast in the face of attempts by AFL to try and establish a hold in the region.

"It's a massive honour, particularly in rugby league's centenary year," said Searle.

"Everyone will be watching as we run out at Skilled Park and it'll set future benchmarks for stadiums right across Australia.

"The fans have been great and when they get a look at the new venue, I can imagine how the support will grow.

"Our supporters have had to put up with a tired facility at Carrara and now we're moving into a state-of-the-art facility at Skilled Park."

Construction began in May with Watpac building the 27,000-seat stadium.

Prince says the players will be desperate to christen their new home with a victory but at the same time keep sight of rugby league's big prize.

"At the end of the day grand finals are won in October," said Prince.

"It was like the build-up to that (inaugural) game against St George Illawarra," said Prince of their 20-18 round one loss. "We were that hyped up for it that we lost sight of what we have to do."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/

BringBackWillie
06-12-07, 01:31 PM
I am sooo there for it! Will be a great weekend for footy in Queensland

Save me a seat in the Legion!

Steve
06-12-07, 01:47 PM
I am sooo there for it! Will be a great weekend for footy in Queensland

Save me a seat in the Legion!

Will be great to pack out the legion bay, I'm sure the game will sell out!

Should I save you a seat in the away supporters bay on the sunday too? ;)

C-Whiz
06-12-07, 07:50 PM
This game is worth the price of season membership alone! :)

This is Rugby League history on so many levels. This will be one of those moments in the games history that will be looked back on and talked about in decades to come.

I would be thinking seriously about how to secure a seat for this one or many will be regretting they missed this game.

I am SO STOKED about this game, the 2008 season, the new stadium!

HOW GOOD IS THIS!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Robbie_Dee
06-12-07, 08:36 PM
Hell yes! I'm there for sure, no way on Earth I'd miss this opportunity!

Chelle79
06-12-07, 10:33 PM
And what's even better it's my birthday that day!!!!!

So now I can go out and drink afterwards and recover saturday for the game on Sunday.....only bad thing about the sunday game is it starts at 1pm and thats gonna be a killer in the sun.

Steve
06-12-07, 11:00 PM
And what's even better it's my birthday that day!!!!!

So now I can go out and drink afterwards and recover saturday for the game on Sunday.....only bad thing about the sunday game is it starts at 1pm and thats gonna be a killer in the sun.

I believe it starts at 2pm?

Make sure you get a seat in the western stand for a seat in the shade!

TDoGGBulldog
07-12-07, 03:00 AM
hope you like your draw because bulldogs is ****.

especially since i live in qld and get the games delayed all the time because of the titans, broncos and cowboys :|

Greg81
07-12-07, 05:33 PM
anyone know when tix will go on sale for 2008 games? also, who might the opponent be for trial match in Ipswich?

Chelle79
07-12-07, 07:56 PM
I believe it starts at 2pm?

Make sure you get a seat in the western stand for a seat in the shade!

It actually starts at 1pm to coincide with the 2pm start in NSW. And our season tickets are in the eastern stand so I will get a nice tan after that game.

Steve
08-12-07, 01:11 AM
It actually starts at 1pm to coincide with the 2pm start in NSW. And our season tickets are in the eastern stand so I will get a nice tan after that game.

That's odd!
Gonna be hell on the players.

BringBackWillie
08-12-07, 02:02 PM
Will be great to pack out the legion bay, I'm sure the game will sell out!

Should I save you a seat in the away supporters bay on the sunday too? ;)

Be nice to me Steve... have you practiced your flag waving, banner holding, sword swinging skills ? :)

Steve
08-12-07, 02:11 PM
Be nice to me Steve... have you practiced your flag waving, banner holding, sword swinging skills ? :)

I'm always nice!
Yes, haven't had any slip ups since. But I'll try to be extra careful waving swords around you. :D