PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Nations Game 6 - Australia vs. Great Britain *spoiler*

Steelers
20-11-05, 05:08 AM
Currently halftime. AUS leading 14-8 with a try closing into halftime. Shocking decision IMO with Barrett being sinbinned. Adrian Morley has played great for GB. GB are still in this game, but they just have to make sure they don't lose the game in the last 5-10 minutes.

Steelers
20-11-05, 05:35 AM
55 minutes gone, 22-8 AUS leading.

Ipswich Fan
20-11-05, 05:48 AM
With about 15 to go it is bye bye GB with the Aussies holding a very commanding 26-8 lead.

Steelers
20-11-05, 05:56 AM
BARRETT SINBINNED AGAIN!?! Craig Gower apparently injured and Luke O'Donnell apparently injured as well. 7 1/2 minutes remaining and the score is 26 - 8 to Australia.

Steelers
20-11-05, 05:58 AM
Richard Horne scores for GB, but just a bit too late for GB.

Ipswich Fan
20-11-05, 06:06 AM
The Aussies have recorded a comfortable 26-14 victory & will play NZ next week.

Shadow XL
20-11-05, 07:44 AM
Trent Barret has left a bit of a mark on his game he had an alright one when he was on the field, but to be sin-binned twice is a bit...

Ripply
20-11-05, 07:49 AM
lol i cant believe he got binned twice aswell

Steelers
20-11-05, 08:43 AM
Just on Barrett being binned twice, I feel the first time it was just bad timing. The ref had warned Buderus a couple of mins before that he would sinbin the next player to do it. The 2nd time was a bit harsh too. I think that it deserved a penalty, but a sinbin?

Steelers
20-11-05, 08:44 AM
Australia has cemented a spot in the Tri-Nations final against New Zealand after handing Great Britain a 29-14 drubbing in the final game at Hull.

Tries from Matt Cooper, Mark O'Meley, Brent Tate and Mark Gasnier ensured a Kangaroos victory, while Craig Fitzgibbon was sound with 10 points from the boot.

Great Britain trailed 14-8 at the break despite a try from Brian Carney, while Richard Horne crossed late to reduce the embarassing margin as the Kangaroos eased off in the dying minutes.

The Australians needed to win the game or lose by a total of less than eight points in order to secure a spot in the final at Leeds next weekend.

However, the side never looked close to succumbing to the lacklustre Brits.

After a prolonged 20-minute softening period it was the Kangaroos who drew first blood, centre Cooper pouncing on a loose ball to touch down.

When standoff Trent Barrett was yellow-carded for a tackle infringement it gave Great Britain a chance to score, the try coming for wing Carney in the corner.

But Australia bounced back again, within seconds of half-time fullback Anthony Minichiello wriggled though a gap before tossing a speculative pass behind which O'Meley juggled before scoring.

The Kangaroos began the second half with renewed vigor and before long Tate was over to increase the lead.

Then in the 60th minute the result was put beyond doubt when Gasnier slipped through the waning Great Britain defence to score.

With 10 minutes left on the clock Barrett was given his second yellow card of the match, this time for a professional foul.

Great Britain seized the opportunity and within minutes Horne found his way over the line for the late consolation points.

Great Britain 14
Tries: Carney, Horne
Conversions: Harris
Penalties: Harris 2

Australia 26
Tries: Cooper, O'Meley, Tate, Gasnier
Conversions: Fitzgibbon 4
Penalties: Fitzgibbon

Source: www.sportal.com.au

Titans#1
20-11-05, 09:01 AM
Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Steelers
20-11-05, 09:16 AM
OI OI OI!

I felt the refereeing in this game was poor and I felt a bit of bias towards GB.

DIEHARD
20-11-05, 09:34 AM
And the mighty Kangaroos jugganaut moves into the Tri Nations final! :thumbsup:

ridgey
20-11-05, 09:52 AM
geez brent tate is really making a fist of the wing,another brilliant individual effort.
thought the aussies were solid did enough to win without being super spectacular.gower justified his selection all though is now injured hopefully he'll be right for the kiwis.

Steelers
20-11-05, 10:22 AM
geez brent tate is really making a fist of the wing,another brilliant individual effort.

He is showing the critics (which include me :p ) that he is up to the job. Possibly still a question mark on his defence, but he is still playing great footy :thumbsup: