PDA

View Full Version : Bon Jovi Tour Australia In January

dee13
17-11-07, 10:37 AM
After an agonising 12 year wait, New Jersey rockers, Bon Jovi are coming back to our shores.

I saw them at the Sydney Entertainment Centre way back in 1993 and at the Eastern Creek Raceway on November 18th 1995. We got sunburned lining up all day waiting for the gates to open. Then with gail force winds and rain, It hailed as we stood waiting for the first act to come out, Dogstar with Keanu Reeves. They didn't play... fortunatly. Jonny Diesel was cancelled whilst the roadies put the stage and sound equipment back together after the storm. Jimmy Barnes played a 45 minute to 1 hour set. Then Bon Jovi played an extra long show for the fans. Around 3 and a half hours of high energy and pure adrenalin from start to finish. Jon was carried from the stage exhausted at the end of the night. Getting hailed on was worth the wait.

This is the sort of showmanship you can expect when you go to a Bon Jovi show. In January Bon Jovi are finally brining their show back to Australia. At this stage 3 shows have been released Sydney Acer Arena on Monday 21 January, Melbourne Myer music Bowl 19 January and Perths Subiaco Oval 25 January.

Even if you don't like Bon Jovi much, this is a must see concert for 2008. Who knows when they will be back again.

I have got my Gold Premium tickets for Sydney assuring me of a great view in front of the stage.

Be quick if you want to go because fairly soon the only place to get tickets will be E-bay. The Gold premium tickets for the Sydney show are already selling for about $650 each.

Old Diehard
17-11-07, 10:44 AM
Ah hell- here we go again! The Missus loves John Bon Jovi while I look like Jimmy Buffet!

PROMETHEUS
17-11-07, 10:22 PM
I saw Bon Jovi at Entertainment Centre with Johnny Diesel and the Injectors in support,it was when "Living on a Prayer" was out and Jon did the whole flying gimmick thing.
I liked him then,but ive moved on...

dee13
17-11-07, 11:35 PM
I saw Bon Jovi at Entertainment Centre with Johnny Diesel and the Injectors in support,it was when "Living on a Prayer" was out and Jon did the whole flying gimmick thing.
I liked him then,but ive moved on...

Yeah but Bon Jovi have this amazing talent to be able to adapt and change with the times without compremising their integrity. They are able to stay true to themselves without selling out to the record companies mainstream attitude. They were then, and will always be, a rock band playing REAL drums and REAL guitars and singing REAL ORIGINAL lyrics without the digitally enhanced, computer downloaded synthetic sound that is produced by so many wanna be musicians of today.

This is why I am a Bon Jovi fan. Their music and more importantly, their lyrics make sence and tell a real story. They don't just sing for the hell of it. Any TRUE Bon Jovi fan reading this will understand exactly what I am talking about.

Prommy... if you like a little bit of country music then check out their new album "LOST HIGHWAY".

hugebrianfan
17-11-07, 11:42 PM
bet that'll be good

PROMETHEUS
18-11-07, 12:07 AM
Yeah but Bon Jovi have this amazing talent to be able to adapt and change with the times without compremising their integrity. They are able to stay true to themselves without selling out to the record companies mainstream attitude. They were then, and will always be, a rock band playing REAL drums and REAL guitars and singing REAL ORIGINAL lyrics without the digitally enhanced, computer downloaded synthetic sound that is produced by so many wanna be musicians of today.

This is why I am a Bon Jovi fan. Their music and more importantly, their lyrics make sence and tell a real story. They don't just sing for the hell of it. Any TRUE Bon Jovi fan reading this will understand exactly what I am talking about.

Prommy... if you like a little bit of country music then check out their new album "LOST HIGHWAY".

TBH,i only went because the wife(at the time) was into JBJ..and no,im not into country,thank anyway mate!:)

Nathalie
18-11-07, 11:08 AM
$650 for a Gold ticket? Wow..

I hate how they announce concerts which are several months away, but they give you a few day's notice before the tickets go on sale. I don't know about you guys, but I can't magically pull a couple of hundred bucks out of my butt just for a concert...

Steel Dragon
29-11-07, 11:31 AM
I hear ya. Frustrates me no end. I had actually stopped checking whether they were coming or not because I assumed they were giving us a miss. Didn't make a difference in the end, as they aren't coming to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne are sold out, and it's a bit of a strecth to fly to Perth for a concert, even though my wife grew up over there.

For the record, Bon Jovi did come out here in about 2000 as part of one of those mega-concerts being promoted by the FM radio stations. I considered going, but decided I couldn't bear Brittney Spears just to see Bon Jovi.

Oh well, at least I did get to see them in '95 in Brisbane.

Jason

dee13
29-11-07, 05:43 PM
Hey Jason,

Bon Jovi have been out a few times since '95. Once for Rumba, another time for a farmers charity concert in Melbourne and Jon did a solo promotional tour. They weren't full concert tours like this one will be. Its a shame they aren't doing more shows because I would like to go to a few while they are still going.

dee13
18-01-08, 06:21 PM
JUST 3 DAYS TO GO
HOW PUMPED AM I. CANT WAIT TILL MONDAY

C-Whiz
19-01-08, 08:22 AM
$650 for a Gold ticket? Wow..

I hate how they announce concerts which are several months away, but they give you a few day's notice before the tickets go on sale. I don't know about you guys, but I can't magically pull a couple of hundred bucks out of my butt just for a concert...

That is VERY steep.

Dee can afford it. He just uses the money he's saved on a TITANS season ticket! ;)

C-Whiz
19-01-08, 08:24 AM
JUST 3 DAYS TO GO
HOW PUMPED AM I. CANT WAIT TILL MONDAY

What sort of rock band plays a big gig on a Monday? lol

Enjoy it mate, I'm sure you will.

HodgoBerro
19-01-08, 08:09 PM
One of my INXS mates, Troy goes around to a lot of concerts and takes some great photos

I know hes going to Bon Jovi in Melbourne

He puts his pictures up on his myspace

http://www.myspace.com/mystifyme_

dee13
20-01-08, 07:13 AM
That is VERY steep.

Dee can afford it. He just uses the money he's saved on a TITANS season ticket! ;)

LOL C-Whiz.

Trust me it has cost over $1100 for Tracey and I to go go to this show. Season tickets would have been cheaper.

dee13
20-01-08, 07:16 AM

The type of band that can play to a sell out house on a Monday MUST BE GOOD. They are also probably playing to sell out houses on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. THATS HOW DAMNED GOOD THIS BAND IS.:)

HodgoBerro
20-01-08, 11:33 AM

U2 played on a Tuesday in Brisbane

Robbie Williams played on a Wednesday

Old Diehard
20-01-08, 04:14 PM
Bon Jovi - I've always hated that picture of Jon the missus has stuck on the Bed Head.

HodgoBerro
22-01-08, 05:33 PM
Here's the direct link to the pictures from the Melbourne Concert on Saturday

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=141082271&blogID=349304515

dee13
22-01-08, 09:48 PM
Rock concerts just don't get any better than that:?)

I am one happy man, Bon Jovi has blown their fans away at the Sydney shows.

What more can I say.

C-Whiz
23-01-08, 06:13 PM
Rock concerts just don't get any better than that:?)

I am one happy man, Bon Jovi has blown their fans away at the Sydney shows.

What more can I say.

Glad to hear it was a rocking gig mate.

Hope your wedding day just edges it out for best day out in 2008! ;)

C-Whiz
23-01-08, 06:17 PM
U2 played on a Tuesday in Brisbane

Robbie Williams played on a Wednesday

I was at the U2 gig. Not only was it on a Tuesday, it was on Melbourne Cup Tuesday. Stupid bloody Irishmen! Wouldn't have bothered going for just about any other band in the world!

And Robbie, well if anyone is going to have a gig on hump-day, it's gonna be Robbie! ;)

dee13
25-01-08, 05:38 PM
Bon Jovi - I've always hated that picture of Jon the missus has stuck on the Bed Head.

I know you she is makin love to. The same guy my missus made love too after the concert... And it wasn't me. :D

dee13
25-01-08, 05:41 PM
Glad to hear it was a rocking gig mate.

Hope your wedding day just edges it out for best day out in 2008! ;)

Toss of the coin here....

Will Jon be available to play acoustic versions of Bed of Roses at my wedding.:D

Tracey reads my posts religiously... Im in trouble;)

Super Cronk
25-01-08, 06:10 PM
not sure if this is true or not. But a bloke at my work went to the sydney show and apprently there was a problem with the seating or the tickets and he was moved from up high in the crappy seat area down closer to the action.

HodgoBerro
25-01-08, 06:31 PM
I was at the U2 gig. Not only was it on a Tuesday, it was on Melbourne Cup Tuesday. Stupid bloody Irishmen! Wouldn't have bothered going for just about any other band in the world!

the last show in Sydney on the Vertigo Tour was a monday night (best show!)

when they were here in 98 for the PopMart tour they played Brisbane on a Wednesday night

What about Sunday nights? IMO are just as bad as a weekday.

HodgoBerro
25-01-08, 06:49 PM
Back on topic - I happened to be on Google searching for pics of Jon Farriss and I found a rather suggestive pic of Jon Bon Jovi I'm sure your wives would want framed above the bed...

dee13
16-09-09, 05:22 PM
MAN.... LIKE FINE WINE, THESE GUYS JUST GET BETTER AND BETTER

Its a great day when Bon Jovi release a new single.
Check it out and rate it for me.

Turn it up load and listen to the words. They are so inspiring to listen to.

http://www.bonjovi.com/bonjovi/splash/

dee13
16-09-09, 05:36 PM
The Titans could so adopt this song.

GOLD COAST TITANS
WE WEREN'T BORN TO FOLLOW

Picture this song film clip with some awe inspiring Titans action. Im giving myself Goosebumps:laugh:
Is there anyone out there clever enough on the computer to make this happen