PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast boys go down at final hurdle

DIEHARD
24-09-05, 08:39 PM
Gold Coast were being represented by Keebra Park High in the Arrive Alive Cup Final.

I don't have much detail but but our boys went down to Endevour Sports High in the final.

Endevour Sports High 20 d. Keebra Park High 10

They did us proud making it all the way to the decider and it is further proof that the Gold Coast is an amazing breeding ground for young rugby league talent, one I can't wait for the Titans to tap into.

We are proud of you boys!

Moejoe
24-09-05, 08:48 PM
Good job Kebra park. Good to see a Gold coast high school besides Palm beach getting in there and showing what great talent we have on the Gold coast.

Shadow XL
25-09-05, 07:44 AM
Ohhhhh! so close. Ohwell, thats the best the school has done in a while, am i right?

Congratulations guys. Job well done!

PARANoIR
25-09-05, 08:31 AM
Bad luck to them. If the Titans hang on to this home grown talent they have, they will most definitely be a force for many years.

Teegy
25-09-05, 08:35 AM
Congrats to both teams but i feel the better team won

Dakink
25-09-05, 10:43 AM
From the Northen Star yesterday;

"The new Gold Coast Titans National Rugby League side has announced the signings of three local juniors. Marist Brothers hooker Harry Witt, Ballina prop James Rix and Kyogle fullback Shannon Walker all signed on the dotted line with the Gold Coast..."

Some really talented players there especially Young Rix. Walker is out of the Inglis-hunt mould and a REAL talent. Havent seen much of Witt.

Shadow XL
25-09-05, 10:57 AM

"The new Gold Coast Titans National Rugby League side has announced the signings of three local juniors. Marist Brothers hooker Harry Witt, Ballina prop James Rix and Kyogle fullback Shannon Walker all signed on the dotted line with the Gold Coast..."

Some really talented players there especially Young Rix. Walker is out of the Inglis-hunt mould and a REAL talent. Havent seen much of Witt.
Nice i guess that makes the titans reach the amount of people they wanted signed up by the end of this year?

Lennox Titan
25-09-05, 12:37 PM

Shannon Walker is something special. Could well be the face of Gold Coast RL in four years. Most people know alot more about football then me but im not wrong on this one. Its great that he now only has to move about an hour from home instead of a move to Sydney where alot of young country players lose direction in the lower grades.

http://www.northernstar.com.au/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3654045&thesection=localsport&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection=

Dakink
25-09-05, 12:46 PM
Shannon Walker is something special. Could well be the face of Gold Coast RL in four years. Most people know alot more about football then me but im not wrong on this one. Its great that he now only has to move about an hour from home instead of a move to Sydney where alot of young country players lose direction in the lower grades.

http://www.northernstar.com.au/storydisplay.cfm?storyid=3654045&thesection=localsport&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection=

Very very true- It's just a shame that the Roosters have already signed a young fella by the name Aubusson (spelling?). Will be a star in the future.

Super Cronk
25-09-05, 01:00 PM
tough luck. did a good job to get that far tho.