PDA

View Full Version : Dragons and adidas join forces for the future

Teegy
18-11-05, 09:35 PM
from dragons.com.au

In a boost to their first week of training for the 2006 season, the St George Illawarra Dragons today announced a five-year sponsorship deal with global sportswear giant adidas. The new deal sees the Dragons' as the first and sole rugby league Club to be associated with the famous international brand. Other apparel partners include Cricket Australia, New Zealand All Blacks, Real Madrid, Adelaide and Collingwood Football Clubs.

The new partnership will see the Dragons players' provided with a wide range of apparel including technologically advanced products to assist and enhance their playing and training performance. "adidas are an icon brand in sport and the fit with the Dragons, an icon brand in rugby league and sport in general is something we are very excited about," said Dragons Chief Executive Officer Peter Doust. "We are very proud to be associated with an international sportswear organisation such as adidas and the technical advantages, the quality of presentation and the opportunities associated in retailing will be of benefit to the Dragons business and our brand".

Marketing Director of adidas Tim Jackson is equally as excited about the partnership and is looking forward to the future with the Dragons. "St George Illawarra demonstrates all the qualities that adidas look for in a partner and we look forward to developing an innovative product range to enhance player performance," said Jackson.

Adi Dassler, adidas founder, had a passion for every sport and a passion to make equipment that helped every athlete perform better. This philosophy has continued to define and guide adidas in new partnerships to ensure the best performance product for the individual athlete.

The St George Illawarra Dragons product is no exception with technical developments made in response to the athletes testing of the product. A strong focus was on the regulating the athletes' core body temperature through the use of Clima fabrics: Clima Cool, Clima Lite and Clima Warm.

The training and playing product incorporates numerous technical elements including: ForMotion - an adidas clothing concept, utilising specific fabric combinations that are sculpted to accommodate full range of movement. The ForMotion product is cut three dimensionally so that it moves with the body rather than against it.

Rugby league fans will see the Dragons take to the field in 2006 in an adidas version of the historic Red V Home strip and an exciting new alternative strip that incorporates the traditions of the former Steelers jersey, selected after an extensive review process over the past year

I will post a pic As soon as i have it

Super Cronk
18-11-05, 09:37 PM
Good stuff for the dragons. I really like adidas gear...looking forward to seeing pics.

Teegy
18-11-05, 09:38 PM
Just aslong as they dont change their home jersey. i don't like how adidas have the t-shirt look to them either

Queenslander
18-11-05, 09:38 PM
I wonder if they will remember the collars? :thumbsup:

Super Cronk
18-11-05, 09:39 PM
here is a pic from dragons army forum:

http://forums.dragonarmy.com.au/images/misc/2006jerseys.jpg

Teegy
18-11-05, 09:40 PM
Their Terrible

Queenslander
18-11-05, 09:41 PM
I just threw up! they are poo :erm:

Super Cronk
18-11-05, 09:42 PM
i gotta say tho..the away one is horrible! quite possible worse then storms away jersey(LOL). All that red and barely any white is eeeww. I dont mind the home one tho.

Teegy
18-11-05, 09:43 PM
Should have left the home one exactly the same.

Queenslander
18-11-05, 09:43 PM
yeah the home one is just "normal" but the away is just stupid........I thought the NRL was forcing all teams to have an all white jersey as their away strip?

Teegy
18-11-05, 09:44 PM
But the dragons home is Majority of white

Super Cronk
18-11-05, 09:44 PM

true but atleast it has the V still.

Teegy
18-11-05, 09:45 PM
But its the T shirt crap material

Queenslander
18-11-05, 09:46 PM

Still why are the broncos and the storm having to wear the all white......things. They destroy the teams look. Imagine if the Queensland state of origin team wore all white away jerseys......its just plain stupid.

Teegy
18-11-05, 09:47 PM
Yer but it would make no sence to make the dragons away jersey white as it would be the same as the Home jersey

Super Cronk
18-11-05, 09:47 PM
But its the T shirt crap material

I quite like that and the no colar
..i know alot hate it...but i like it...colars are annoying IMO. But these days the players want something lighter to wear as it gets to hot..

Super Cronk
18-11-05, 09:48 PM
Yer but it would make no sence to make the dragons away jersey white as it would be the same as the Home jersey

Exactly. thats why its used as an alternative jersey...if colours mix with the opposing team then they wear the away or alternative one which is a different colour.

Teegy
18-11-05, 09:49 PM
I like the collared look and feel. this Tsirt material is also a lot cooler which means on a cold night at win the players will have trouble when the go to the bench

Queenslander
18-11-05, 09:49 PM

Yeah i know, but why introduce the rule then....why should the broncos change and the dragons not? Why should one club get away with it? It just annoys me that the broncos have all white jerseys, they are just wrong for the club.

Super Cronk
18-11-05, 09:50 PM
I like the collared look and feel. this Tsirt material is also a lot cooler which means on a cold night at win the players will have trouble when the go to the bench

they still got those big thick jackets they wear tho.

Teegy
18-11-05, 09:50 PM
i haven't heard of the rule. maybe the broncs decided that on their own. penrith and wests dont

Queenslander
18-11-05, 09:52 PM
I remember when the broncos launched the new all white jerseys that the club stated that they only reason why they have chosen this opition is to adhere to new rules set out by the NRL which dont come into play for a couple of years..........Now that was a couple of years ago so im not sure if its still going :erm:

Teegy
18-11-05, 09:53 PM
I dont think they are then as Para Penrith wests dragons souths nth QLD etc dont have white away jerseys

Queenslander
18-11-05, 09:55 PM
North Qld kinder does, its majority white but still holds the "horns" design. That im cool with, but all white is just ewwww :whatd:

Teegy
18-11-05, 09:55 PM
isn't the white with horns the home jersey

Queenslander
18-11-05, 09:57 PM
isn't the white with horns the home jersey

if you look at the nrl site:
http://www.nrl.com/myclub/index.cfm?TeamID=8

Its wrong ;) it should be the other way around i.e. swap the alternative with the main

Teegy
18-11-05, 09:59 PM
i thought so. broncs should just change it then

Steelers
18-11-05, 09:59 PM
Well I personally LOVE the away jersey (being a Steelers supporter ;) ) but having the jerseys without the collars... :(

Teegy
18-11-05, 10:00 PM
I like the Red design but hate the material and no collars

Steelers
18-11-05, 10:03 PM
They look like T-shirts! That is the only bad thing about these jerseys. Colour designs are top notch but the T-shirt look, NO!

Teegy
18-11-05, 10:04 PM
Totally agreed. im going tommorrow to get myself another dragons jersey for wearing as i won't be buying these ones

..::Coops::..
19-11-05, 11:59 AM
they are TERRIBLE!!!! :sick: NO COLLARS! :disgust:

i gotta say tho..the away one is horrible! quite possible worse then storms away jersey(LOL). All that red and barely any white is eeeww. I dont mind the home one tho.

no super cronk, the storm away jjersey is by far the WORSE away jersey!!

Totally agreed. im going tommorrow to get myself another dragons jersey for wearing as i won't be buying these ones

yeah i agree teegy.. my dad was gonna get a new jersey next season but i'll definately be making him get one from this season, ( i might even get one) no collers :whatd: also a small thing with the home i don't like home the bottom of teh v is shown under the st george sponsor ( but that is liveable - the collars are not)

19-11-05, 12:03 PM
i thought the idea behind the away strips was that the nrl wanted clubs to have an alternative which would not clash with other clubs and having a majority white away strip allows this.
so if st george's away strip was white as well it wouldn't really be needed would it? having two white jerseys

also just a question when broncos play st george at win/kograh do broncos where the away or home??

Queenslander
19-11-05, 12:05 PM
i thought the idea behind the away strips was that the nrl wanted clubs to have an alternative which would not clash with other clubs and having a majority white away strip allows this.
so if st george's away strip was white as well it wouldn't really be needed would it? having two white jerseys

also just a question when broncos play st george at win/kograh do broncos where the away or home??

They wear away. Its a stupid rule that degrades clubs traditional colours.

19-11-05, 12:12 PM
really ? that would be confusing yeah - both teams wearing white?
anyway my opinion is that a club should wear their homejersey all the time unless it clashed with the other teams jersey and then they should have an away jersey. cos that way it keeps the traditional colours