PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation European soccer is for fairies!

C-Whiz
06-10-07, 07:21 AM
Watch this video first, then read my comments. You would assume he's been really badly injured when you seem him receiving attention on the ground, but............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h213GJo76sQ

At first I laughed when the fan ran out and tapped him and the goalie started to chase him/her, but then I was shocked and disgusted, but really not that surprised with the goalkeepers behaiviour when I saw this peice of video on a sports report the other night. It's things like this that confirm that European (and some other) soccer players bring the game into disrepute. Having said that, if the refs keep letting league players milk penalties for faking injuries, how long might it be before we see this sort of acting creeping into league. I can't believe he was stretchered off with an icepack to his "injury".

How does someone like this face his teammates, friends, family or fans after a performance like this?
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry::cry: :cry: :cry:

Comments please!

Hoppy2007Dragons
06-10-07, 08:38 AM
lol, it was love tap across the throat at best and the ice pack is on his temple.

wat a tool.

Coaster
06-10-07, 08:52 AM
Gee i thought he slit his throat or something.

:clap:

Social Loafer
06-10-07, 02:23 PM
A Brazillian playing for an Italian Club taking a pathetic dive? WOW SUCH A SHOCK.

Harden the F*ck Up Dida.

PROMETHEUS
06-10-07, 04:34 PM
Is he any relation to Jarryd Hayne?

Super Cronk
06-10-07, 07:04 PM
Is he any relation to Jarryd Hayne?

:clap:

~lee~
07-10-07, 04:55 AM
The whole thing is laughable. After seeing the incident that night on tv i was sure that Dida would need to retire from playing after such a horrific attack. The fan tapped him on the shoulder, i was surprised to see him fight through the pain to even take a couple of steps.

Dida will likely be suspended for 2 matches for this. He will forever be labelled a cheater now too.

quins rl
08-10-07, 09:46 AM
Very embarrassing for the game and the player. Ive been a football (soccer) fan since being taken to my first game in 1968,and im sure some posters wont like this,but the English league has been full of divers and cheats for the last 10-15 years and that is in the main due to the influx of foreign players.In the 70s and 80s english football was held in high esteem by fans and coaches worldwide(not for the quality i add) but the honesty of the players,when they got tackled they would just get on with it. Guys like Klinnsmann,Christian Ronaldo,Pires have added a new dimension to the game....go down like youve been shot,do a couple of rolls,then start waving an imaginary card at the ref hoping he will book/send off the other player!
Can you remember the Rivaldo incident,he was waiting to take a corner when an opposition player kicked he ball in his direction...hitting him on the thigh,Rivaldo threw himself backwards clutching at his face,sickening that the whole footballing world was watching.the only was to eradicate it is GET TOUGH...straight red card for diving and long bans...

~lee~
08-10-07, 10:30 AM
The Rivaldo incident was against Turkey and probably cost them their place in the next round.

Klinsmann was one of if not the first who really brought diving to England football, his over elaborate dives made you think he had been shot by a sniper. There are so many cheats in the game today, notabely Ronaldo, Drogba and Messi, that kids growing up now see it as all part of the game. Uefa have introduced bans to people they consider have dived through video after the game has finished which is a great idea and Dida should be the next one punished this way.

Growing up we were taught to get straight up and not to let anyone know we were hurt, its horrible to watch some players these days in England who wince if a breeze hits them.

SuperCliffy#01
08-10-07, 10:33 AM
Again i watch soccer and i am convinced why they play the game it is because they haven't got the guts to play RU or RL, they are dainty little wall flowers and every soccer player should be nominated for an accadamy award.

Coaster
08-10-07, 10:55 AM
But you cant really suspend him for his actions as it was against a spectator, who after the laughter subsides should never been on the pitch.

The guy could have stabbed him, like the german bloke did to that tennis player

C-Whiz
08-10-07, 05:39 PM
But you cant really suspend him for his actions as it was against a spectator, who after the laughter subsides should never been on the pitch.

The guy could have stabbed him, like the german bloke did to that tennis player

Yeah, agreed, but even if he'd been stabbed I still think he would have been over-reacting! ;)

quins rl
08-10-07, 08:33 PM
i played football at a reasonable level for a while in the early 80s,also played a bit of League and Union,different skills needed for different sports,although toughness wise League wins out for me.....the thing that grates me is when i played if you got a whack,or were hurt you tried not to show it,bide your time and give a bit back if the chance arose,and footballs a game if you know what you are doing you can hurt someone while making it look a fair tackle,its just about timing it right.I just dont get what goes hrough blokes heads chucking themselves to the floor like that,dont they realise what a pillock they look?

~lee~
09-10-07, 08:44 AM
I read a nice quote today

"Footballers spend 90 minutes running around pretending to be hurt, in contrast Rugby players spend 80 minutes running around pretending not to be hurt"

The Sun

quins rl
09-10-07, 09:34 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7034017.stm

C-Whiz
09-10-07, 05:55 PM
I've lifted this from that link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7034017.stm

A statement on the Uefa website said it had opened an investigation on the basis of article five, paragraph one of the disciplinary regulations, which state:

Member associations, clubs, as well as their players, officials and members, shall conduct themselves according to the principles of loyalty, integrity and sportsmanship.

It just reinforces to me that if this is the code of conduct that is expected and they can still get away with the sort of carry-on they do, then this sport (at least European) is a lost cause. Having said that, how much loyalty is there in team sport anymore? All about the dollars.

The funny part is the fan gets a life ban for his part, as if the fan is the problem. What a joke! :duh: The fan should be applauded for bringing this sort of un-sportsmanship behaviour into the spotlight, and Dida should be getting a life ban for being a soft ****!

~lee~
12-10-07, 08:46 AM
Celtic have got a ?25,000 fine and Dida has got a 2 game ban. Milan will probably appeal the decision, i hope Uefa dont let him off altogether, i can only see 1 game getting dropped if they are successful. The precident for similar actions is a 2 game ban so he should serve the full term.

quins rl
12-10-07, 09:46 AM
If he appeals it and loses the ban should be increased to 3 !! The only way to stop cheating(in all sports) is ban them!

~lee~
12-10-07, 10:08 AM
Its their whole colture, im talking southern european and south american, alot of the players have come out and said that cheating is a legitimate part of the game, if you can fool the ref then you gain the upper hand. Its needs to be looked at from grass roots right up to the pro leagues.

Social Loafer
12-10-07, 11:24 AM
He should have got a 2 month ban, it was a pathetic display by him. Can't believe it got to the point where he was strapped into the stretcher and had Ice Applied to his 'injury'.

~lee~
23-10-07, 10:04 AM
As expected Uefa have caved and reduced it down to a 1 game suspension. The initial punishments handed out to players/clubs have become a joke, they always get lowered on appeal. They should have the courage to stick to their initial punishments instead of giving in all the time.

hugebrianfan
23-10-07, 01:00 PM
hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we all know rugby league aint for fairies

dee13
23-10-07, 05:15 PM
Im sorry guys but I believe all soccer is for fairies and C grade actors. If you want to watch a real game of soccer, go and watch an U/6 game when they don't know the meaning of TAKE A DIVE!!!!!!

Social Loafer
23-10-07, 05:47 PM
Im sorry guys but I believe all soccer is for fairies and C grade actors. If you want to watch a real game of soccer, go and watch an U/6 game when they don't know the meaning of TAKE A DIVE!!!!!!

You'll find that Australia does not have a diving culture. The A-League is a very physical League and you won't see much diving there.

Sadly though, Asia, South America and some parts of Europe are a huge bunch of divers, sad really.

FTR, I would have increased Dida's suspension, he is a joke.