PDA

View Full Version : The Legion in 2008

Queenslander
21-09-07, 12:03 PM
Great news being released via the membership brochures:

The Legion in 2008 will be located behind the northern goalposts with unreserved seats!

http://www.thealbionalliance.com/thelegion.jpg

Ticket Prices are below:

Adult: $356
Concession: $295
Child: $203
Family (1 adult + 1 child): $458

Legion member benefits:

Catergory 3 unreserved seating
Membership Card
Members Hat and Scarf
Flag
Poster
A wide range of other deals
Plus Legion only merchandise......I wonder what they will be ;)

Legion Membership Forms can be found below:

http://www.titans.com.au/forum/../images/skill_banner.jpg (http://www.titans.com.au/documents/skilled_broch.pdf)

http://www.titans.com.au/forum/../images/membership_form_banner.jpg (http://www.titans.com.au/documents/membership_form_151007.pdf)

PROMETHEUS
21-09-07, 07:14 PM
Any news on out of town Legionaires memberships?

DIEHARD
21-09-07, 11:07 PM
I am absolutely delighted to see this come to fruition. It has been a long road and I'd like to thank everyone for their patience and support.

Unreserved seating is fantastic! It will really help the group be organic and grow. And it cuts out a whole world of headaches in getting everyone seated with each other.

Now that we have the blue print and membership we wanted we can focus on the fun stuff, cants, songs, colour and atmosphere.

We are going to make Skilled Park our Colosseum!

Legion membership for out of towners is still on the way, but rest assured you guys have not been forgotten, you are a very important part of our Titans family and also the other half of the Legion!

Unreserved seating and one off ticket purchase for the legion also means if you out of towners are coming to a home game you can fit seamlessly into the Legion at home and sit with you pals.

BringBackWillie
22-09-07, 10:10 AM
Yay! Finally up and running!

Great work guys!:woot:

DIEHARD
22-09-07, 03:47 PM
And no more jockeying for position on the hill!

2007 was a fantastic but it was a tough year as well for us, but I'm delighted because it is going to contrast with 2008 greatly and just make the experience 10 times as great for us. That goes for all Titans fans and their seats as well, people are going to be ao much more excited and enjoy their seats more because we had that one year at Carrara. If we moved to Skilled straight away, we'd have been spoilt.

We went to Carrara and we were busting at the seems all year, showing everyone we aren't band wagoners and we show up to support the Titans even in rain and it did rain a bit didn't it!

2007 was old school, on the hill with the masses waving our flags.

It is going to be fantastic sitting in our bay with the rest of you.

Here is to the future!

C-Whiz
26-09-07, 09:07 PM
Yeah man, I'm watching this very closely. Just waiting to see how the whole seating/memberships/pricing works out. DIEHARD, I'll put it to you.... see if we can get some sort of "group" discount. No pressure ;)

Old Diehard
26-09-07, 09:50 PM
It sounds terrific and I envy you guys that don't have to work week-ends! If I wasn't working most week-ends at strange times and I knew I could jump on the train to each game (I hope Q-Rail gives free travel to ticket holders!) to Robina I would be there! It's just brilliant for fans!
I envy anyone one gets to see all the games as part of the "LEGION!"

GCT_89
27-09-07, 04:14 PM
this is great news...... will be a good year!

Steve
27-09-07, 09:14 PM
Gonna be great to have a seated section we can all get into together.
I'm hoping the merchandise won't be a helmet so I can convince Diehard to paint his head with me. :D

PROMETHEUS
02-10-07, 09:30 PM
Go the nude nuts!:clap:

Chelle79
05-10-07, 02:07 PM
We have sent in our membership requests to sit with the legion should be good! Can't wait to get into Skilled Park I hated Carrara.

DIEHARD
05-10-07, 02:47 PM
We have sent in our membership requests to sit with the legion should be good! Can't wait to get into Skilled Park I hated Carrara.

Fantastic! It will be great to have the crew together and we will meet so many more as well.

Glad to have you on board Chelle, who else will be seating with you?

C-Whiz
06-10-07, 07:48 AM

I've sent of a membership form request, but am still waiting to hear back from them. I was talking to a mate who is in close with them, and apparently they cannot start selling any memberships until their are actual seats in the stadium. Some legal thing...... But I am hanging out to get solid info on prices, seating positions, bays etc. It is going to be very cool! :)

ps, I'm hoping for a little bit of black at every home game, from the opposition supporters mood at the end! ;)

Coaster
06-10-07, 09:04 AM
Most of the seats are in, the stadium looks nearly completed, should go out there and have a look, it is awe inspiring.

C-Whiz
08-10-07, 07:12 PM
Went and had a look with the young fella. Coming along very nicely. It's got quite a unique look to it. I wonder when it will have it's first use. Remember with Lang Park/Suncorp when they were still laying turf just days before the first game? I hope it gets a few try-outs with youngsters before the start of the season.

dean
12-10-07, 06:09 PM
Went and had a look with the young fella. Coming along very nicely. It's got quite a unique look to it. I wonder when it will have it's first use. Remember with Lang Park/Suncorp when they were still laying turf just days before the first game? I hope it gets a few try-outs with youngsters before the start of the season.

Heard on the radio about 3 weeks ago that Titans are already organising the first Titans game to be played at Skilled Stadium. It will be a charity game against the Wests Tigers and all proceeds will go to hospitals in northern NSW and South East QLD. Titans will be limiting the crowd to around 15000 and will be using this game as a test run for the new stadium facilities and transport etc. Can't Wait!

C-Whiz
12-10-07, 06:33 PM
Heard on the radio about 3 weeks ago that Titans are already organising the first Titans game to be played at Skilled Stadium. It will be a charity game against the Wests Tigers and all proceeds will go to hospitals in northern NSW and South East QLD. Titans will be limiting the crowd to around 15000 and will be using this game as a test run for the new stadium facilities and transport etc. Can't Wait!

Nice work Dean! I've just reeived my membership application, the real deal!! VERY excited! I'm making phone calls as I type, organsing my membership!

IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!!!! WOOOOHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

dean
12-10-07, 07:15 PM
Our group of 24 Gold renewal memberships were personally delivered directly to Titans HQ about 10 days before the Oct 12 cutoff. Hoping to get in early to get great seats again. The legion seating area is awesome and will be an absolute buzz. Will definately be spending some time over there with you guys. Also put Feb 10th in your memory bank. Titans are having a members only day at the new stadium. Get to check out the entire new stadium and its facilities. Players and coaches will be there too. Also ALL Titans new membership cards and supporters gear will be able to be picked up at the stadium on the day. So make sure that you buy your legion membership so that you don't miss out. Get to sit in your seat also. AWESOME!

DIEHARD
13-10-07, 12:23 AM

BringBackWillie
13-10-07, 01:47 PM
That's great guys! Can't wait to make it up north to check out the new stadium.

Has anyone heard back on whether they are going to organise a membership for away supporters? I thought they were but haven't heard further :(

PROMETHEUS
13-10-07, 04:28 PM
Just noticed in the ad for the Legion seating a mention of a "members only" area of the WEBSITE..

C-Whiz
15-10-07, 05:39 PM
Well, the good news is that I've submitted my season membership application and it's been accepted (not that there is any reason it shouldn't). The bad news, well, a little bit sad, is that I could only afford "Sand" membership. I decided to get 2 x family passes, so we can all go instead of just myself and the boy, and 2 x Legion family passes just wasn't going to happen. The good news is there is now no reason for me not to be allowed to go, as the Minister for War and Finance has a season pass too and we will all be going together. The other good news is I now have a designated driver ;)

Anyway, I'm hoping to be sitting just up in the NE corner just above you guys, so I'll be able to keep an eye on you all and make sure you are all cheering loudly! :)

So, who else is in for the season? :woot: :woot: :woot:

C-Whiz
15-10-07, 05:41 PM
PS, I may be up in the sand-pit, but I'm still a member of The Legion at heart!

DIEHARD
15-10-07, 05:47 PM
Damn that is a shame you can't sit with us. But finances rule unfortunately.

C-Whiz
15-10-07, 05:59 PM
Damn that is a shame you can't sit with us. But finances rule unfortunately.

Yeah, I blame Howard ;). Just kidding......

But I'll be sneaking down. I'm just stoked to have a shiny new stadium to sit in. Every seat will be a winner!

Steve
15-10-07, 06:47 PM
That's a pity, would have been great to have you and the family with us, but yeah, 1k is definitely a bit much!

Remember the days when families had 2 parents?

hugebrianfan
16-10-07, 05:34 PM

that'd be awesone for out of town fans :)

DIEHARD
18-10-07, 09:35 PM
Get those Legion memberships in guys.

We need to start recruiting for our 2008 campaign!

C-Whiz
19-10-07, 07:47 PM
Get those Legion memberships in guys.

We need to start recruiting for our 2008 campaign!

OK, so who/how many of you are getting season tickets? Which part of the stadium? Who is planning on being a regular or just occasional legion member? And who will just be cheering from the stands, whatever chance they get?

DIEHARD
20-10-07, 05:24 PM

http://www.titans.com.au/images/skill_banner.jpg (http://www.titans.com.au/documents/skilled_broch.pdf)

http://www.titans.com.au/images/membership_form_banner.jpg (http://www.titans.com.au/documents/membership_form_151007.pdf)

Legion Forum - http://www.titans.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28

DIEHARD
20-10-07, 05:32 PM
I'll be getting a Legion membership as well as a couple extra.

HodgoBerro
20-10-07, 06:24 PM
is it members only in the legion does anyone know as im interesting in being a recruit to some of the games if im allowed

Coaster
20-10-07, 06:28 PM
I was just about to buy, and then read that a Family consists of 1 adult and 1 child??????

We are not all from Coombabah, some still have 2 adults in the relationship LOL

DIEHARD
20-10-07, 06:34 PM
One off match tickets will be available.

But personally I want people to show their support by getting season tickets to the Legion and also to ensure they don't miss out by being guaranteed a ticket.

One off tickets are a way to cater for all fans who may not be able to make all games and also as a recruiting tool.

If you are a season ticket holder you can bring friends and family with you, and because the Legion is in unreserved seating, that number can vary each week and hopefully grow.

And that can lead to even more season ticket holders in the future!

I really want to see out bay as being a close knit family of friends who enjoy the footy together with a growing and growing base of season ticket holders.

Boofhead
21-10-07, 05:31 PM
Renewed my membership and made it Legion status. :)

Ive put up the idea with some of my mates and they might get membership too.

Chelle79
22-10-07, 07:32 PM
Fantastic! It will be great to have the crew together and we will meet so many more as well.

Glad to have you on board Chelle, who else will be seating with you?

It's me and my mum, just watch she gets quite loud!!!

stormside
30-10-07, 08:06 PM
My nephew is in the u/20s squad....not sure if he is going to make the run on team or not...but not sure I should wait till round 1 to find out. whats the feel around the coast re the Titans...if they do well early there games could well be sell outs couldnt they?

Now that leaves me to think...do I buy a sand membership now or upgrade to legions...my problem being whilst I will do my utmost to make it to all home games its no given .....and not sure I would be staying for all A grade games when I do go.

Legions seats are in a far better position then sand tickets though arent they....and dare say the atmosphere will be much better considering I would probably be there by myself.

DIEHARD
30-10-07, 09:31 PM
I'm sure The Legion will have the best atmosphere in the ground.

And also if you buy a membership with The Legion you will instantly have a few 100 new Titans friends to share the matches with. I really want the Legion area to be a bit of a community.

Also you say you will probably be by yourself, well the unreserved seating of Legion memberships allows you to sit next to whoever you want, so if you meet some new people there you can sit with them also if you decide to bring other friends or family members along to the match, you can buy one off Legion tickets for them and they can sit right beside you.

Hope to see you in The Legion in 08!

PROMETHEUS
30-10-07, 09:39 PM
Will be purchasing a Legion ticket when i eventually move up there.:woot:

Steve
30-10-07, 11:43 PM
I
Also you say you will probably be by yourself, well the unreserved seating of Legion memberships allows you to sit next to whoever you want, so if you meet some new people there you can sit with them also if you decide to bring other friends or family members along to the match, you can buy one off Legion tickets for them and they can sit right beside you.

Hope to see you in The Legion in 08!

Gotta agree with this.
I had no friends who were Titans fans, but I met people from the forum and at the game, so always people to sit with now.
Have some mates who are keen to come to a few games, and the way the Legion bay is set up, there'll be no issues with sitting with them too.

Steve
31-10-07, 12:36 PM
Finally got my application filled out (after a computer dying on me before I could print and then struggling to get the printer to work on another PC), Legion seating here I come!

Good to see the seating link option too, although we won't be needing it.

GCT_89
05-11-07, 04:37 PM
just sent away for 4 legion memberships!!!!!!!

~lee~
16-11-07, 10:48 AM
I was reading the email sent out about the membership and as i came across this line 'DON YOUR ARMOUR, GRAB YOUR WEAPON' .. i thought i had been sent the email from the Bulldogs :rolf:

HodgoBerro
16-11-07, 10:53 AM
I was just about to buy, and then read that a Family consists of 1 adult and 1 child??????

We are not all from Coombabah, some still have 2 adults in the relationship LOL

why dont you give the membership dept a call? they might be able to arrange a deal for you

Steve
30-11-07, 05:40 PM
Woo!
Was getting worried that I'd sent my forms off and it had been a while, got an email today.

Dear Legion Member,

Thank you for purchasing a Jetstar Gold Coast Titans Legion Membership for 2008 at Skilled Park. We look forward to sharing the magic of Rugby League?s Centenary season from our brand new home ground with you!!

This letter serves to outline the allocation procedure for Skilled Park and the steps that will be taken over the coming weeks to facilitate the processing of your membership.

The Gold Coast Titans were recently advised by the Major Sports Facility Authority (MSFA) that Skilled Park will be handed over to the administrators in January 2008 after which time the allocation of members to seating can begin.

As such, your stated method of payment will not be charged until January 2008.

On Sunday the 17th of February 2008 the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans are holding an Open Day at Skilled Park where members and fans are invited to collect their membership pack and inspect their seats.

As always, if you have any queries or require clarification on the allocation process please don?t hesitate to contact us on the membership hotline (07) 5581 0190 or by email ? membersinfo@titans.com.au

Thank you for your ongoing support of the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans.

Can't wait for the open day!

GCT_89
30-11-07, 09:18 PM
Woo!
Was getting worried that I'd sent my forms off and it had been a while, got an email today.
Can't wait for the open day!

lol me too......... thought i might not have posted it right:der: .....big sigh of relief after receiving the email............:)

see you all at the open day.....

any ideas as to what the 'legion only' merchandise is?

TDoGGBulldog
30-11-07, 11:18 PM
I was reading the email sent out about the membership and as i came across this line 'DON YOUR ARMOUR, GRAB YOUR WEAPON' .. i thought i had been sent the email from the Bulldogs :rolf:

:| :|

DIEHARD
07-12-07, 11:01 PM
Introducing The Legion

http://www.titans.com.au/images/The_Legion_croppped.jpg

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans are proud to unveil the official supporters club of the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans - The Legion.

And it's all about tribalism, as you can see from General Petersen...

When word cannot describe your passion - just say "I am a Legion Member". There are many people like you so we've created a special section for you behind the Goal Posts at the Northern end. As a Legion Member you will have the freedom of unreserved seats in a reserved section and your own Legion designed merchandise. So prepare for battle - the team is looking forward to doing you proud.

C'mon - prove you are the Titans number 1 fan by joining your fellow Legionnaires in leading the chorus of support that will ring out for the mighty Titans at Skilled Park in 2008.

For more information on the Jetstar Titans' Legion Membership click here (http://www.titans.com.au/documents/skilled_broch.pdf)

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

dee13
08-12-07, 08:45 AM
Introducing The Legion

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans are proud to unveil the official supporters club of the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans - The Legion.

ITS HAPPENING DIEHARD.

FROM ABOUT 5 PEOPLE IN ROUND 2, 2007 IN FRONT OF CARARRA'S SCOREBOARD.

WE ARE AN ARMY IN 2008

hugebrianfan
08-12-07, 08:54 AM
wow i was just looking at the prices..yeh they are a fair bit of money..

GCT_89
08-12-07, 01:38 PM
Introducing The Legion

And it's all about tribalism, as you can see from General Petersen...

WOW....this is bloody awesome!

lol at GENERAL PETERSEN

2008 IS GOING TO BE AN INSANE YEAR AND I AM SO PROUD TO BE ABLE TO CALL MYSELF A MEMBER OF THE LEGION.........GOLD COAST TITANS OFFICIAL SUPPORTERS CLUB!

Also, none of this would have been possible without us diehard fans and of course Diehard himself..........congrats mate! :woot:

Steve
08-12-07, 02:12 PM
Also, none of this would have been possible without us diehard fans and of course Diehard himself..........congrats mate! :woot:

Definitely! It's great to see the official group growing out of what the fans started.

Chelle79
11-12-07, 02:54 PM
Hey Diehard have you heard yet how many season tickets have been sold in the legion area yet?

DIEHARD
11-12-07, 11:14 PM
Hey Diehard have you heard yet how many season tickets have been sold in the legion area yet?

It's going well but we have plenty more seats to sell! Seening as we are allocated a bay.

So if you want a season ticket for the Titans, you won't get a better experience than with us in The Legion!

Con all your friends and family to join up!

One of the key missions of the Legion will be to grow grow grow.

dee13
12-12-07, 05:41 PM
So if you want a season ticket for the Titans, you won't get a better experience than with us in The Legion!

I have seen Diehard go off with only 4 Legion members on the hill.

Imagine his potential with 1,000 Legion Members all dressed up with swords and helmets around him.
LOL

GCT_89
12-12-07, 06:15 PM
I have seen Diehard go off with only 4 Legion members on the hill.

Imagine his potential with 1,000 Legion Members all dressed up with swords and helmets around him.
LOL

swords?

.....lol

does anyone know what the 'special' legion merchandise is yet?

PROMETHEUS
17-12-07, 06:51 PM
When the family and i move north i will be getting legion membership!!
Until then will have to do with out of town membership..

travop
17-01-08, 11:26 AM
looks awsome
are we gonna do chants and stuff during the game to create a great atmosphere

Steve
17-01-08, 11:37 AM
That's the plan!

Ideally the whole bay will be full of colour, movement and sound.
Our small group last year made a good deal of noise I think, especially with the drums!

travop
17-01-08, 12:42 PM
nice
do we have a list of chants

DIEHARD
17-01-08, 01:26 PM
Still working on that. Do you have any suggestions for chants?

Simple and effective would be the key.

Are you going to sit with the Legion travop?

Another Brisbanite. That's me, you, GCT_89 and Steve. Thats pretty impressive and just goes to show that love for the Titans is wide spread.

GCT_89
17-01-08, 02:21 PM
will be great...... we could all train it down together........... possibly head down earlier to see the match openers............CANT WAIT!!!!!

I hope people sitting in the LEGION know that there is a certain level of 'noise' EXPECTED out of each and every member..............

LEGION 08.... BIGGER AND BETTER THEN EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIEHARD
17-01-08, 02:26 PM
I hope people sitting in the LEGION know that there is a certain level of 'noise' EXPECTED out of each and every member..............

LEGION 08.... BIGGER AND BETTER THEN EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha they sure will get the idea pretty soon. I think we need to make sure we get there when the gates open and warm us and everyone up. Have some fun and loosen up all the fans in the stadium.

That's definitely our job.

Also with the chants and songs. I reckon it is as simple as coming up with a good one and bringing it to the game, let us know how it goes and we'll give it a go.

We just need a voicous cheer squad ready to put in. I know I'm going to be going home with no voice.

By the end of the year we will probably be all baratones!

We'll definitely practise on the way down on the train, we'll get the other fans going. It'll be loads of fun for everyone going to the game.

Good old fashioned grassroots tribal passionate footy is back!

HodgoBerro
17-01-08, 03:55 PM
just a suggestion how about handing out flyers to legion fans both season members and match by match each game day encouraging to sign up to the forums

perhaps this way you can get wider exposure for the forums and perhaps organise game day meetups etc...

just a suggestion

C-Whiz
17-01-08, 07:38 PM
just a suggestion how about handing out flyers to legion fans both season members and match by match each game day encouraging to sign up to the forums

That's a great idea HB.
You could print out chants/songs on the back so people can join in.

Our small group last year made a good deal of noise I think, especially with the drums!

Too right Steve. DIEHARDS drum was awesome! That thing just raises the atmosphere and volume ten-fold. I reckon with that in the middle of the LEGION, it will ring around the stadium. It will give the whole stadium a beat to chant to.

Actually, just thinking, with people like myself, Coaster and others scattered around the stadium, we will have LEGION members all around to lead chants in different parts of the stadium. That could really work well!

So, who has season passes and wants to be a "Chant-leader"? I'll lead the Sand section, NE corner.

Coaster
17-01-08, 07:40 PM
Pick me for eastern stand

C-Whiz
17-01-08, 07:42 PM

Hey, you Eastern stand? I just assumed toffey nosed, cashed up Gold members were over with the Corporate types in the Western stand. ;)

C-Whiz
17-01-08, 07:44 PM

You should be able to moon the opposition coaches box from there! :)

DIEHARD
17-01-08, 08:03 PM
Thats a great idea C Whiz. We want the whole stadium rocking, Im sure we can co-ordinate.

Coaster
17-01-08, 08:06 PM
Haha, no Gold members in the Western stand, they called Titanium Members.

BTW i am a Gold Member LOL

C-Whiz
17-01-08, 08:21 PM
Haha, no Gold members in the Western stand, they called Titanium Members.

BTW i am a Gold Member LOL

Yeah, I know that. Your missus bought them for you. Lucky Bastard! :)

Or did you mean in the Austin Powers sense? ;) LOL

DIEHARD
18-01-08, 12:09 PM
I had a dream about the Legion last night, it was brilliant.

Hey with the trial, you guys who have sand and gold or steel membership have an opportunity to buy a Legion ticket.

You up for it?

C-Whiz
18-01-08, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE]I had a dream about the Legion last night, it was brilliant.
I'd rather dream about the TITANETTES ;)

Hey with the trial, you guys who have sand and gold or steel membership have an opportunity to buy a Legion ticket.

You up for it?
You know I am. Should be able to drag along a dozen or so mates.

As far as chants go, I'd rather get some originals rather than ripping off other teams chants IMO.

Might need to bump the Songs/Chants thread from last season, but as discussed it must be a tune everyone knows.

I wouldn't want to sing all of American pie just to cram in a Gold Coast reference, but would be happy to re-work the whole thing.

I'll get back to you on that. :)

DIEHARD
18-01-08, 03:42 PM
You know I am. Should be able to drag along a dozen or so mates.

As far as chants go, I'd rather get some originals rather than ripping off other teams chants IMO.

Might need to bump the Songs/Chants thread from last season, but as discussed it must be a tune everyone knows.

I wouldn't want to sing all of American pie just to cram in a Gold Coast reference, but would be happy to re-work the whole thing.

I'll get back to you on that. :)

Brilliant! With your mates we can really set the tone for the rest of the year. I will be dragging along as many friends as possible as well. The one off tickets will really help this happen during the year while I can still hold a season pass.

I agree with you C Whiz, I don't really want to recycle songs from other clubs.

Let's bump the songs and chants thread.

titanstattman
01-05-08, 05:14 PM
I just wated to say im so happy that i join the legion for 2008 im having a great time and good to meet other big titans fans...

WELL DONE DIEHARD

squirrell
01-05-08, 09:14 PM
What to do in 2009??My daughter India wanted to watch the warriors game in with the legion,so she did for the 2nd half.Now she doesnt want to sit in posh sect 6 with her dad anymore "cos its more fun over there"!!!!!Oh no,didnt think 11yr old girls would be miniDIEHARD"S,it'll be cheaper i suppose,and might get on tv more...hmmm decisions!!!!!(oh and she has a bongo drum!)

titanstattman
05-05-08, 09:02 PM
What to do in 2009??My daughter India wanted to watch the warriors game in with the legion,so she did for the 2nd half.Now she doesnt want to sit in posh sect 6 with her dad anymore "cos its more fun over there"!!!!!Oh no,didnt think 11yr old girls would be miniDIEHARD"S,it'll be cheaper i suppose,and might get on tv more...hmmm decisions!!!!!(oh and she has a bongo drum!)

Well there is only one thing to do come join us in the LEGION :fist: