PDA

View Full Version : Rugby League 2: No refs in general gameplay!!!

Queenslander
17-11-05, 09:54 AM
The highly anticpated Rugby League 2 is soon to be released, and the makers have just revealed that refs will not be in the game.

There are no refs and touchies visible in the game. The additions and improvements made in other areas dictated that something had to give, and reluctantly it was the refs that had to go.
http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showthread.php?t=10265&page=1&pp=40

Do you think this will affect your rugby league 2 experience?

Dakink
17-11-05, 10:00 AM
Nope - as the best ref is one that you dont see!

DIEHARD
17-11-05, 10:37 AM
This game is still coming out Dec. 8 right?

DeeGan
17-11-05, 10:53 AM
Doesn't bother me - as long as you still are penalised for blatant offside etc. I am not bothered.

If taking the ref out of the game improves another aspect e.g. getting the ball to the playmaker and not having Andrew Johns on the wing, then I am all for it.

DeeGan

p.s. Yes DIEHARD, the release date is stil DEC 8, 2005

Super Cronk
17-11-05, 12:33 PM
Doesn't bother me - as long as you still are penalised for blatant offside etc. I am not bothered.

If taking the ref out of the game improves another aspect e.g. getting the ball to the playmaker and not having Andrew Johns on the wing, then I am all for it.

DeeGan

p.s. Yes DIEHARD, the release date is stil DEC 8, 2005

I agree with you deegan....aslong as penalties etc are still given and it gives you better game play then its awesome.

Titans#1
17-11-05, 12:40 PM
So, who's going to have the RL2 night at their place? I'll bring the chips.

DeeGan
17-11-05, 01:32 PM
So, who's going to have the RL2 night at their place? I'll bring the chips.

I will be giving it a work over with my little brother who is counting down the "sleeps" lol

I am booked I am sorry :)

At the moment, I have 5 copies on order lol

DeeGan

Titans#1
17-11-05, 02:41 PM
That's fine. When I win my copy from you, I'll set up the PS2 in my living room and have the door open for anyone interested! BYO drinks.

Teegy
17-11-05, 02:46 PM
Does anyone know if their will be online gameplay.

Super Cronk
17-11-05, 02:52 PM
pretty sure it does teegy.

Shadow XL
17-11-05, 09:35 PM
cant wait for this game, refs are very little really, but it would help if you wanted to know if you were back the ten or not.

Cliffy GC
20-11-05, 06:47 PM
that sucks u gotta have someone to blame when something goes wrong

Steelers
20-11-05, 06:49 PM
that sucks u gotta have someone to blame when something goes wrong

LOL I agree, what is the point if you can't hurl abuse at someone ;)

Dakink
21-11-05, 08:39 AM
On another note - I just got RL1 and have a prob with the ref constantly penalising my team for offside - even the players I dont control. Any reason??

Queenslander
21-11-05, 08:25 PM
On another note - I just got RL1 and have a prob with the ref constantly penalising my team for offside - even the players I dont control. Any reason??

Its just a random thing placed into the game to make it more realistic. But its annoying as u can see that the entire team is offside yet you cant really do anything about it. :(