PDA

View Full Version : Darren Lockyer rumours

Steel Dragon
04-09-07, 11:56 AM
I'm sure all you Queenslanders are as pissed as I am that Darren Lockyer's name has been dragged through the dirt following the Andrew Johns revelations. I predicted it on Thursday night, and surprise, surprise, it's headline news on Sunday that the Broncos have all guns blazing (rightly) defending their captain.

I hate Lockyer because he's a Bronco and a Queenslander, but I respect him because he is one of the best players I've seen, and he has dominated two different positions, something not many players have done I'm sure. He doesn't deserve this treatment.

Jason

Poida
04-09-07, 11:58 AM
I agree. He has been treated harshly.
Whats next the media decides Thurston is on drugs?
Absolutely ridiculous.

Capital_Shark
04-09-07, 12:02 PM
An article I saw the other day from that blond bag of crap from the Telegraph Rebecca Wilson would have me filing a defamation suit if I were Darren Lockyer.

Poida
04-09-07, 12:06 PM
An article I saw the other day from that blond bag of crap from the Telegraph Rebecca Wilson would have me filing a defamation suit if I were Darren Lockyer.

I agree. Do you reckon she might go after Thurston too?
She did target Locks just after the Johns thing.
Personally how can anyone do that to Lockyer, for mine the best the game has seen. He won the test series last year for Aus, won Origin for Qld, won the nrl for Brisbane. Broncos dont need this crap to further their woes this season.

Boofhead
04-09-07, 12:58 PM
I agree. Do you reckon she might go after Thurston too?
She did target Locks just after the Johns thing.
Personally how can anyone do that to Lockyer, for mine the best the game has seen. He won the test series last year for Aus, won Origin for Qld, won the nrl for Brisbane. Broncos dont need this crap to further their woes this season.
Lockyer was in UK along with Andrew Johns for the ESL grand final and also doing some work for the NRL. So the rumour went about that Lockyer might of went out with Johns to the church. Lockyer denied that he went to the church.

Why would she bring up Thurston? He wasn't even there.

HodgoBerro
04-09-07, 01:02 PM
I'm so sick of people telling me Locky does drugs. Just after Wendell was suspended I had a bit of a chat with him and his body language said it all - ANTI DRUGS.

Queenslander
04-09-07, 01:10 PM

I hope some legal action comes out of it. I don't how these b.s. starters sleep well at night. And why does she report rugby league....that has always peeved me off.

The Broncos have the toughest drug policy/testing out of all the professional sporting teams in Australia. And for Darren Lockyer to be guilty by association is ridiculous. I have been in close proximity of all these players....does that mean I am a drug user...hell no!

I might just send off the article to Media Watch and hopefully they will deal with this gutter journalism!

Super Cronk
04-09-07, 01:42 PM
I guess noone can say with 100% certaincy weather or not Lockyer or any other player in the NRL is taking OR NOT taking drugs.Untill they are found out by positive tests or come clean about (ie what joey did) its all hear say, but to me its weird to see fans say "lockyer definately does not take drugs", you cannot tell by someones body language or say because they are a good bloke they dont do drugs. noone really knows.

And QLD'er how tougher are the broncos testing policies compared to the Knights? Wouldnt be a big difference i would imagine.

HodgoBerro
04-09-07, 02:13 PM
since dean benton was employed they have introduced a in house drug and alcohol testing regime

which means they can turn up on a players doorstep at anytime day or night.

as far as i'm aware - the broncos have a curfew for players playing the next day that they are not allowed to drink alcohol and must be in their bed or hotel by midnight.

the broncos have one of the toughest drug & alcohol testing regimes by any club

Look what happened to Brett Seymour & Nev Costigan? Both were sacked because of problems with Alcohol which obviously the club doesn't tolerate.

Super Cronk - I have someone who is close to me who had a huge problem with Alcohol, Heroin & Cocaine. I do know the warning signs after being to his NA & AA meetings.

Queenslander
04-09-07, 02:30 PM
And QLD'er how tougher are the broncos testing policies compared to the Knights? Wouldnt be a big difference i would imagine.

Well lets put it this way....Andrew Johns was tested 17 times since 1998. Players at the Melbourne Storm (Cam Smith, Matt King) have stated they have been tested more over 5 times this year. I don't have the exact figures for the Broncos, however they are regarded as the toughest in terms of drug tests so I would assume that the average number of tests would be the same if not more per player.

HodgoBerro
04-09-07, 02:34 PM
a report on channel 7 news on sunday night said that on average each player was tested 30 times in the last 12 months which is an average total of approx 600

Kelvinator
04-09-07, 03:19 PM
I agree. He has been treated harshly.
Whats next the media decides Thurston is on drugs?
Absolutely ridiculous.

lol. why is this rediculous?

Kelvinator
04-09-07, 03:22 PM
I guess noone can say with 100% certaincy weather or not Lockyer or any other player in the NRL is taking OR NOT taking drugs.Untill they are found out by positive tests or come clean about (ie what joey did) its all hear say, but to me its weird to see fans say "lockyer definately does not take drugs", you cannot tell by someones body language or say because they are a good bloke they dont do drugs. noone really knows.

well said, people can't just say "he doesn't do drugs" or "he does". but i think the broncos do over 360 in-house drug tests a season, NRL regulations only require 70.

Queenslander
04-09-07, 03:23 PM
lol. why is this rediculous?

It is ridiculous because Darren Lockyer has been brought into this issue because he was in the same country as Andrew Johns when he got caught. If Darren wasn't in the UK than I don't think these stories would not have made there way out....however the Telegraph seem to publish anything these days!

If Darren Lockyer comes out and says he is a drug user than I will be rather surprised (much like I the surprise of finding out Andrew Johns has been using drugs for numerous years).

Poida
04-09-07, 03:26 PM
Lockyer was in UK along with Andrew Johns for the ESL grand final and also doing some work for the NRL. So the rumour went about that Lockyer might of went out with Johns to the church. Lockyer denied that he went to the church.

Why would she bring up Thurston? He wasn't even there.

I know but I meant a different thing.

Capital_Shark
04-09-07, 03:32 PM
Cronk is right, we can't say for sure. But the Broncos are the yard stick for in-house testing in Australian sport.

The main thing though regarding what NRL players take recreational drugs is who cares and what business is it of ours? Provided they're not taking performance enhancing drugs, I don't believe they should be under any more scrutiny over recreational drugs than any other citizen. There are people in this country with much more responsibility surrounding decisions made in their job who are free of drug tests.

Queenslander
04-09-07, 03:35 PM
The main thing though regarding what NRL players take recreational drugs is who cares and what business is it of ours?

I agree, if they want to ruin their life than so be it.

However if they go onto the field under the influence of drugs and for example king hit someone and cause permanent damage than it becomes an issue.

Super Cronk
04-09-07, 03:41 PM
Super Cronk - I have someone who is close to me who had a huge problem with Alcohol, Heroin & Cocaine. I do know the warning signs after being to his NA & AA meetings.

Exactly, someone who is close to you, Lockyer isnt close to you. he has Been RUMOURED to be involved in ecstasy not a combination of cocaine, alcohol and herion. So that comparison with your friend makes no sense to me.

Im not an expert on drugs but apprently the "high" you get from ecstasy last from about 6-24 hours, so unless you are around the person with-in that time it would be hard to tell if they are on it or not.

As for the drug tests Johns even mentioned that ecstasy passes through the system relatively fast compared to most other drugs.

Capital_Shark
04-09-07, 03:50 PM
Spot on Cronk. I've never even met Lockyer, but if he was riding the white horse I could tell from a tv interview. Ecstasy however is gone the next day along with any symptoms. Could even be hard to tell if you were with him, unless you knew the difference between drunk and happy Locky, or high on pills Locky.

travop
04-09-07, 04:13 PM
I hate Lockyer because he's a Bronco and a Queenslander, but I respect him because he is one of the best players I've seen, and he has dominated two different positions, something not many players have done I'm sure.

yep thats what i think of joey but i have lost all respect for him not for taking drugs beacause his situation was extremly difficulted to get out off but beacause of the latest head lines that he was going to go to rugby union in 2004. he was one of the founding farthers of the modern game and he tourght of abandoning it for a game which offers a fatter pay check

Capital_Shark
04-09-07, 04:17 PM
yep thats what i think of joey but i have lost all respect for him not for taking drugs beacause his situation was extremly difficulted to get out off but beacause of the latest head lines that he was going to go to rugby union in 2004. he was one of the founding farthers of the modern game and he tourght of abandoning it for a game which offers a fatter pay check

Latest headlines? hahaha they were around in 2004 champ. Remember the big re-signing at a football game? CH9 pitching in to up the Knights offer?

travop
04-09-07, 04:20 PM
Latest headlines? hahaha they were around in 2004 champ. Remember the big re-signing at a football game? CH9 pitching in to up the Knights offer?

really??
whoopsy

HodgoBerro
04-09-07, 05:48 PM
cronk remember when wendell got busted for cocaine? rebecca wilson is claiming that locky gave him the coke.

jenny
04-09-07, 05:49 PM
cronk remember when wendell got busted for cocaine? rebecca wilson is claiming that locky gave him the coke.

Did she face litigation?
Thats a huge Call!

HodgoBerro
04-09-07, 06:30 PM
Did she face litigation?
Thats a huge Call!

this is in this article apparently she put 2 and 2 together because locky visited wendell that weekend

jenny
04-09-07, 06:35 PM
this is in this article apparently she put 2 and 2 together because locky visited wendell that weekend

:nope:

Coaster
04-09-07, 06:43 PM
I seen all 3 play in a game live a few years back.

Maybe i was off my nut also.

I remember handing some dude money, and then getting a small piece of paper, i just thought it was my seat ticket, maybe it was a trip?

And if i remember right i also had a chicko roll and chips, that had some white substance spinkeled all over it. I tried to snort it, but it was too bloody hot, and a chip got wedged in my right nostril.

Come to think of it, i was carrying on like an idiot that night, and and the music was pumping me up, and there was some guy in the middle of the field blowing a whistle for over an hour, and chicks dancing on the sidelines, and whites strips everwhere, and everyone keep yelling "hold on to the pill".

Bloody hell

Im a drugo :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Capital_Shark
04-09-07, 06:45 PM

I remember handing some dude money, and then getting a small piece of paper, i just thought it was my seat ticket, maybe it was a trip?

And if i remember right i also had a chicko roll and chips, that had some white substance spinkeled all over it. I tried to snort it, but it was too bloody hot, and a chip got wedged in my right nostril.

Come to think of it, i was carrying on like an idiot that night, and and the music was pumping me up, and there was some guy in the middle of the field blowing a whistle for over an hour, and chicks dancing on the sidelines, and whites strips everwhere, and everyone keep yelling "hold on to the pill".

Bloody hell

:rolf::rolf: CLASSIC!

jenny
04-09-07, 06:54 PM

Bloody hell

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:
Hilarious :laugh:

Old Diehard
04-09-07, 06:58 PM
LOOK - a person is innocent until proven guilty but this speculation doesn't help the game. I doubt the story about Lockyer is right for 1 reason - Bennett wouldn't cop it! BUT LETS CLEAR THIS UP MR GALLOP- NO WITCH HUNT! JUST A INDEPENDANT INVESTIGATION INTO THE DRUG USE !! Use the results to come to some policies to help the game!

Darren Lockyer
05-09-07, 08:22 AM
Heres the article

AUSTRALIAN captain Darren Lockyer has angrily denied drug-taking rumours that have dogged him since Andrew Johns' confession last week.

Fresh speculation surrounding the world's best player began to mount after it was revealed Lockyer and Johns were together in London within 24 hours of the Newcastle star being arrested for possession of ecstasy.

Similar murmers also emerged early last year when it was revealed Lockyer stayed in Sydney with Wendell Sailor on the weekend the former dual International returned a positive test for cocaine.

But when asked about the rumours before Brisbane's loss to Parramatta in Sydney, the injured Broncos skipper slammed the increasing innuendo as "guilt by association". Asked directly if he had ever taken illegal drugs, an adamant Lockyer replied: "Naaaahh, not at all."

The 32-year-old only arrived back in Australia yesterday. Still recovering from a season-ending knee injury, Lockyer said he was aware of the rumours. "I think it's very unfair and guilt by association. I feel very unfairly done by," he said.

"I was over there with my fiancee doing work for the NRL," he said. "I was nowhere near the Church (nightclub). For me to be brought into it is a bit unfair."

An NRL insider confirmed Lockyer had been flown to England to promote next year's World Cup.

Darren Lockyer
05-09-07, 08:24 AM
Oh and by the way he's not 32 he's only 30 so they got that wrong

Steel Dragon
06-09-07, 01:33 AM
I think it stinks that Lockyer is being targetted with a guilt-by-association rumour, but it is even worse if Rebecca Wilson actually accused him of being a SUPPLIER. Unless she has evidence to back herself up, that constitutes defamation, and I hope Locky sues her for everything she's got.

Jason

TITANS007
06-09-07, 03:04 PM
Only Locky can say if he is guilty or not. No-one can say for sure he is or isn't guilty. No-one ever thought Johns was into drugs, he never tested positive in his career. I personally think a lot more big name players are guilty. Johns certainly wouldn't have been doing it by himself. His team mates knew (Both Knights and Rep team mates) and I'm sure a few of them would have joined him. Just ask Gordon Tallis. Now he IS anti drugs for sure. He made a complaint that went unnoticed. Imagin the ramifications if they had have done something at the time!!

PROMETHEUS
07-09-07, 03:07 PM

So why does he look 40? :p

Ryan
07-09-07, 03:28 PM
So why does he look 40? :p

And why does he have problems with his throat? Amphetamines can do that to you :p

Darren Lockyer
07-09-07, 04:59 PM
And why does he have problems with his throat? Amphetamines can do that to you :p

He's got a bone resting on his voice box and he can have surgery but it might end his career early.

Darren Lockyer
07-09-07, 04:59 PM
Just because he's the best player n the worl;d and no body can get near his brilliance without drugs. i think people are jealous.

PROMETHEUS
08-09-07, 12:43 PM
He's got a bone resting on his voice box and he can have surgery but it might end his career early.

He should lay off the KFC...:)

SuperCliffy#01
08-09-07, 01:42 PM
Darren Lockyer is without doubt one of the best players i have ever seen, he has given all to Brisbane, QLD (BOOOOOOOOOOO), and Australia, I give him all the respect he is due to him, and i have seen and heard him speak out on drugs many, many times.

Lockyer is a Demi-God (and that from a c0ckroach), go the blues.

HodgoBerro
30-09-07, 06:37 PM

INCORRECT DL. he was born in 1977 that makes him 30 he had his birthday party at the hilton after the cowboys game in round 1 this year.

Darren Lockyer
01-10-07, 11:41 AM
INCORRECT DL. he was born in 1977 that makes him 30 he had his birthday party at the hilton after the cowboys game in round 1 this year.

if u read what i wrote i said they said he was 32 and i saID HE WAS 30

HodgoBerro
01-10-07, 11:57 AM
oh. (i think i just nominated myself for idiot of the week) i didnt have my glasses on! the eye doctor said i was pretty blind i think he forgot the pretty stupid part.