PDA

View Full Version : Titans should consider warriors duo

vanilla
17-08-07, 04:33 PM
Have the Titans got any money left to spend because from my knowledge the warriors duo of George Gatis and Todd Byrne are still off contract. If the titans do have any money to spend they should seriously consider signing both or one of them. Skinny Byrne has been in great form for the warriors this year especially when he was playing at centre and he can also play wing and fullback. Gatis too has been in great form this season and he would be an absolute gun coming on of the bench to replace friend. He?s got a kicking game as well and he?s very quick out of dummy half and is able to break the opposition?s defensive line. Since Paea is looking to leave that would free up some money and maybe the titans could release some players that they don?t need like Mathers or someone else. Seriously these guys would be great signings for the Titans I don?t think they would cost too much money either.

patskE
17-08-07, 04:38 PM
man we need mathers lol he was safe n was finding some form

jake86
17-08-07, 05:41 PM
Gatis would be a gun signing. Not sure why the warriors wont resign him, but he is very quick out of dummy half and could be used very effectively as an impact player from the bench. I rate him higher than friend, maybe he could find himself in the starting side

Byrne would be a back up FB imo. ahead of him is mathers, walker and campbell. Still, wouldnt say no, as all of those players have faults (campbell, walker: unpredictable, mathers: doesnt offer alot in attack)

patskE
17-08-07, 06:45 PM
mathers use to be 5/8 didnt he? he jsut needs to get confident again
walker just has speed, he isnt unpredictable

dean
17-08-07, 07:23 PM
Have the Titans got any money left to spend because from my knowledge the warriors duo of George Gatis and Todd Byrne are still off contract. If the titans do have any money to spend they should seriously consider signing both or one of them. Skinny Byrne has been in great form for the warriors this year especially when he was playing at centre and he can also play wing and fullback. Gatis too has been in great form this season and he would be an absolute gun coming on of the bench to replace friend. He?s got a kicking game as well and he?s very quick out of dummy half and is able to break the opposition?s defensive line. Since Paea is looking to leave that would free up some money and maybe the titans could release some players that they don?t need like Mathers or someone else. Seriously these guys would be great signings for the Titans I don?t think they would cost too much money either.

Well done PA. You have actually written an informative,interesting and constructive comment. Keep coming up with more of this and less of your other garbage and who knows, i might actually start to like you. Well Done!

C-Whiz
17-08-07, 07:28 PM
Well done PA. You have actually written an informative,interesting and constructive comment. Keep coming up with more of this and less of your other garbage and who knows, i might actually start to like you. Well Done!

I agree. 10 posts are absolute fishing drivel, and then something like this..... I guess all I can say is; PA, please keep taking your medication! :)

ps, i would still think Mathers might be worth hanging onto, depending on what he's costing.... FB is something we seem to lack, and using Chris Walker back there seems a bit of a waste of try scroing talent. Just my 2 cents.

squirrell
20-08-07, 10:41 AM
Quote..ps, i would still think Mathers might be worth hanging onto, depending on what he's costing.... FB is something we seem to lack, and using Chris Walker back there seems a bit of a waste of try scroing talent. Just my 2 cents....HMM.Doesnt matty bowen play full back and score a thousand tries a season?and is top of the try scoring this season,another is brett stewart whose 5th with 14 tries,billy slater is a full back ,and the tigers hodginson scores freely,and lastly wade mckinnon isnt too shabby at the warriors.This laboured response is hinting that a quality fullback will score plenty of tries as the names above show,walker is class and 2008 will be his year for tries i think,barring injury{and getting a contract!!}thats my 2 cents worth!!

Kelvinator
20-08-07, 11:00 AM
Quote..ps, i would still think Mathers might be worth hanging onto, depending on what he's costing.... FB is something we seem to lack, and using Chris Walker back there seems a bit of a waste of try scroing talent. Just my 2 cents....HMM.Doesnt matty bowen play full back and score a thousand tries a season?and is top of the try scoring this season,another is brett stewart whose 5th with 14 tries,billy slater is a full back ,and the tigers hodginson scores freely,and lastly wade mckinnon isnt too shabby at the warriors.This laboured response is hinting that a quality fullback will score plenty of tries as the names above show,walker is class and 2008 will be his year for tries i think,barring injury{and getting a contract!!}thats my 2 cents worth!!

i agree, a good player will score more tries at fullback than on the wing

PROMETHEUS
20-08-07, 03:58 PM
Gatis yes,Byrne no.:p

Rage
20-08-07, 04:10 PM
I also think that keeping both Richie Mathers and Chris Walker is wise..

Mathers is very safe and reliable
and Chris Walker is great try scorer

Big J
20-08-07, 04:17 PM
As much as George Gatis has impressed me this year I don't think it is an area we really need to strengthen with Friend getting better every week (and getting through a mountain of work) and Amos proving more then capable when he has played.

As far as Byrne is concerned I am pretty sure we have covered our endless lists of backs in numerous other posts so i won't bother mentioning them again. Unless they are front or back rowers I really don't see any gaps in the roster for next year.

C-Whiz
20-08-07, 07:50 PM
HMM.Doesnt matty bowen play full back and score a thousand tries a season?and is top of the try scoring this season,another is brett stewart whose 5th with 14 tries,billy slater is a full back ,and the tigers hodginson scores freely,and lastly wade mckinnon isnt too shabby at the warriors.This laboured response is hinting that a quality fullback will score plenty of tries as the names above show,walker is class and 2008 will be his year for tries i think,barring injury{and getting a contract!!}thats my 2 cents worth!!

I couldn't agree more Squirrel! The problem we had (until Sunday) was security at FB, and good finishers on the wing. I was looking at making the most of what we had..... turns out we had a lot more talent available than I thought, and I'm pretty happy about that! :)

hammer
20-08-07, 08:21 PM
Interesting reunion between skinny Byrne and Scott Sattler (Satts), I'd still have my money on Satts running him down tomorrow...you are kidding stay away from Byrne!

TITAN PETE
20-08-07, 09:09 PM
Interesting reunion between skinny Byrne and Scott Sattler (Satts), I'd still have my money on Satts running him down tomorrow...you are kidding stay away from Byrne!

Satt's would run him down again & again.

If Byrne came here he would only replace Paer at Burleigh & i think Gatis is headed to England.

jake86
20-08-07, 11:47 PM
walker just has speed, he isnt unpredictable

OK, by unpredictable I meant that he is the type of player who can have an average game despite scoring 2 or 3 tries. He will run the length on one play, and then promptly drop the ball on the next.

His main asset is his speed, his main fault is his ability to give away dumb penalties and make errors. Fortunately, this can be coached, and is why i want him to stay next year. Enormous potential.