PDA

View Full Version : DATE CONFIRMED: 2 DEC (Sun) - Titans fans touch footy v other NRL club fans (Sydney)

Coaster
16-08-07, 06:31 PM
This is posted over at the front row forums, i thought i would post it here for people that are interested.

Choas you should get into this, if you read it

<url>http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?p=3660380&posted=1#post3660380</url>

Hey guys last year PJ(Parra Jessus) organised a touch day for the fan groups out at Richie Benuad Oval in Parra and Penrith Won the comp.

If you guys who live in sydney and are part of the legion want to organise a team for the touch please do and get back to me. It would be good to get some people down from QLD for this even. Please can some one put this on the official GC Titans forum thanks.

This year the dragons want to host it and these are just the tempory details of it so get your team ready if you have any enquires please pm and ill get back to you.

When: Sunday 18th November 2007

Where: Outside the ground of oki choki staduim where the teams warm up adjacent from the princess highway

DIEHARD
17-08-07, 10:11 AM
Sounds fantastic, I really support this idea and congratulations to ParraJesus for always organising this event.

I'd love to see the Titans represented. Hopefully we can get alot of our Southern Legion supported by maybe some northerners. I'll certainly try and come down and be part of our team.

This is a brilliant concept, a fan based touch footy competition, represting all clubs.

If we can get interstate club fans there as well, it really adds to the event.

POTENTIAL TEAM
DIEHARD

Who else is interested?

BringBackWillie
17-08-07, 07:24 PM
Excellent - you guys beat me to the posting.

Will find out more details and get the Southern Legion in training :duh:

DIEHARD
18-08-07, 01:08 PM
Excellent - you guys beat me to the posting.

Will find out more details and get the Southern Legion in training :duh:

I'd better get in training myself, huff puff huff puff. :laugh:

Should we wear Titans jerseys as a standard uniform?

patskE
18-08-07, 01:57 PM
i would be keen
i luv my touch footy
play it every wednesday night n sat arvo

Locky24
18-08-07, 02:18 PM
Could I please have more information about touch footy and what do i have to do to play??

Im 15 im interested in playing touch,i play it at school

what are the costs and that??

Would my age affect me?

Hollywood Jesus
18-08-07, 07:18 PM
Hey guys,

Good to hear the Southern Legion are interested in putting a team together!

So far we've had Eels, Raiders, Sharks, Dogs, Knights, Dragons, Tigers, Panthers, Roosters and Manly make appearances and a new team would be sweet. Broncos seem interested, too.

Just a few bits of info:

*It's about fun, folks. Don't take it too seriously. I usually spend most of my day having a few cold ones.

*Handicaps - kids, blokes over 35-ish, chicks and, um, larger fans all count as handicaps. You need to meet a quota of approximately 50% of your team. Team size is 14 max.

*Trophies. We play for two (we sometimes have 2 days during the offseason). The Kotronakis Cup is in recognition of two fans lost in Bali and the Laurie Nichols Shield is in recognition of the most legendary fan of all time.

*Cost - I often ask for a few bucks per person to cover BBQ, witches hats etc. Depends how much it costs me.

My email is ewo4life@hotmail.com Most likely the first day will be late-October, early-November. I'll keep ya all posted.

Locky24
18-08-07, 07:32 PM
I would be interested in it, But im just wondering how would we get down there?

Hollywood Jesus
22-08-07, 06:06 PM
Can I ask whoever wants to put their hand up to organise the team to send me an email at ewo4life@hotmail.com?

Cheers

Chaos
23-08-07, 12:04 AM
Diehard,

I only live around the corner so I'll play if you organise the Titan tee-shirts.

POTENTIAL TEAM
DIEHARD
CHAOS

DIEHARD
23-08-07, 05:12 PM
Diehard,

I only live around the corner so I'll play if you organise the Titan tee-shirts.

POTENTIAL TEAM
DIEHARD
CHAOS

You'll be a welcome addition mate!

PROMETHEUS
23-08-07, 09:06 PM
Sign me up! :woot:

HodgoBerro
23-08-07, 09:27 PM
oh thats a shame i was interested in joining the legion but im down in sydney the week later for the michael hutchence memorial sorry guys - however if a team is made up for an ongoing thing in bris i am def in

minibeave
29-08-07, 10:37 AM
locky 24 as a fellow logan resi road trip seems a sensible idea im thinking a combined cowboys-broncos team seems reasonable poida, robbie dee we might need ya fellas

BringBackWillie
07-11-07, 11:50 PM
Hey guys

Have been contacted by the Eels organisers of the touch footy day between supporters groups happening around Parramatta.

The first weekend of December has been locked in as the most likely time - expected to be Saturday, 1 December. More details are supposedly going to follow but if you're keen - mark this weekend down in your diaries!

HodgoBerro
08-11-07, 12:17 AM
dang. cant make it. its the week after i come back from sydney and family commitments.

DIEHARD
08-11-07, 09:08 AM
So who would be available?

What is the min team number?

Anyone in Sydney interested?

patskE
08-11-07, 09:54 AM
iam
where is it at?
the oval next to oki?

Steve
08-11-07, 10:56 AM
Even if I could play, two trips to Sydney in December wouldn't be doable. Gotta go down for xmas with family. :|

DIEHARD
08-11-07, 10:59 AM
Even if I could play, two trips to Sydney in December wouldn't be doable. Gotta go down for xmas with family. :|

I know what you mean, I thought this was on in November, which would be impossible. December I can do.

If we can get the min team with no reserves, let's go for it.

Chaos
08-11-07, 09:10 PM
I'm still keen...Diehard started the list below, so add your name if you can make it.

POTENTIAL TEAM
DIEHARD
CHAOS

Boofhead
10-11-07, 03:01 PM
A touch day between Cowboys, Broncos and Titans fans somewhere in Queensland sounds more appealing. :P

Going down to Sydney for a touch game is a bit of a treck.

DIEHARD
10-11-07, 03:16 PM
I always wanted to do a Broncos v Titans touch footy game maybe to co-incide with the NRL clashes.

hugebrianfan
10-11-07, 05:50 PM
I'd so love to play but i live in nsw :( stupid place I say

Steve
10-11-07, 06:14 PM
I'd so love to play but i live in nsw :( stupid place I say

Then I'd say you're in luck!

likely date: 1-2 Dec in Sydney

Tamwelg
12-11-07, 10:07 AM
That's a pretty cool idea, pitty I'm working. Good luck to the Titans supporters, if we manage to get a team down there tat is.

DIEHARD
12-11-07, 12:35 PM
Well if we can't get a solid committment, we'll have to wait for next year. No one wants to play the old short numbers or ring ins game.

But we should have a think about setting up some matches against the Broncos fans.

Boofhead
16-11-07, 02:10 PM
I'm sure BroncosHQ.com people would be keen for a touch day next year. Maybe before the Broncos/Titans game.

Coaster
16-11-07, 07:33 PM
I'm sure BroncosHQ.com people would be keen for a touch day next year. Maybe before the Broncos/Titans game.

That would be awesome, Im in.

I will be sent off for sure

DIEHARD
17-11-07, 12:29 AM
I have posted a thread over at BHQ pitching the idea. I'm sure we can rustle up a team.

~lee~
17-11-07, 02:23 AM
Just to pitch an idea, rather than heading down to Sydney, the Titans, Broncos and Cowboys could do a tourney in Brisbane and then play the winner of the Sydney division later in the year or before the teams play in the NRL.

BringBackWillie
19-11-07, 11:27 PM
So back on topic - who is available to play in Sydney????

Hollywood Jesus
20-11-07, 10:53 AM
Yeah I'm actually hoping to do something along the lines of NSW v Qld next year if we can start to get the Titans/Broncs/Cows up and running. Teams like Parra, Dragons etc have strong Qld supporter groups and could field teams if we ran something up in Qld, but I'd need somewhere to run it for a day (hint, hint, peoples :) )

Even if you guys can't get a full Titans team, a composite Qld Supporters team would be OK and we can use that as a platform for the future.

Sylve knows how to contact me so I hope you guys can get a team together and come along for the day.

EDIT: Confirmed for Sunday, 2nd December at Richie Benaud Oval in Nth Parra. 9am-ish start but I'll confirm that next week.

PROMETHEUS
20-11-07, 08:32 PM
Yep im available:)

BringBackWillie
20-11-07, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the details Hollywood Jesus...

So now that we've got a confirmed date of 2 December (Sunday), who else can make it?

So far its:

Me
Prometheus

If we can't get enough, I'm going to look at combining the Broncos/Titans/Cowboys supporters to make a QUEENSLAND touch team. So Titans fans - let me know!

Old Diehard
20-11-07, 09:48 PM
EDIT: Confirmed for Sunday, 2nd December at Richie Benaud Oval in Nth Parra. 9am-ish start but I'll confirm that next week.

Sounds good but I have to be at work 3:00pm ... Qld time! It's a bugger working week-ends with all these things on and also the tickets to next years Titan's games!

I envy you people! and go for those Titans season tickets behind the posts!

PROMETHEUS
20-11-07, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the details Hollywood Jesus...

So now that we've got a confirmed date of 2 December (Sunday), who else can make it?

So far its:

Me
Prometheus

If we can't get enough, I'm going to look at combining the Broncos/Titans/Cowboys supporters to make a QUEENSLAND touch team. So Titans fans - let me know!

Um how does that work?
Im from NSW.:duh:

BringBackWillie
21-11-07, 09:10 PM
OK OK - how bout we call it "Supporters of a QLD team" then:woot:

Steve
22-11-07, 11:42 AM
Or the Bronco Ridin' Titanic Cowboys?

scooter
22-11-07, 07:58 PM
ok count me in but where is the ground?? i need info dudes..

scooter
22-11-07, 07:59 PM
ok got it i just read back on the posts..ill have to find it on mapo...:p

BringBackWillie
22-11-07, 10:02 PM
Or the Bronco Ridin' Titanic Cowboys?

Very artistic and poetic Steve :clap:

BringBackWillie
22-11-07, 10:04 PM
ok got it i just read back on the posts..ill have to find it on mapo...:p

That's great - will count you in scooter!

Mish
23-11-07, 06:50 PM
So will your team be a merge of Titans, Broncos and Cowboys supporters? Have you got a full team yet? Theres a Cowboy fan I could ask at work too if you want.

I'll be down there on the day too with the Tigers team.. see yas there

Chaos
23-11-07, 10:53 PM
I can make it and I have a mate who's keen.

How many do we have so far?

BringBackWillie
24-11-07, 09:47 PM
Yes, going to combine the Broncos/Titans/Cowboys fans.

Mish - it'd be great if you can invite your Cowboy mate

Chaos - great to hear you and your mate can come too!

So far we have: 2 Broncos fans, 5 Titans fans (that's including Chaos + 1) and 1 Cowboy fan.

I think it's 7 a side touch so the more we have the better as I know some are going to be in recovery mode from their Xmas parties the night before.

Anyone else keen to attend?

DIEHARD
25-11-07, 12:01 AM
A Queensland will be fantastic. Lot of pride and passion.

Good luck to all and give us a full report and pictures.

Mish
25-11-07, 07:56 PM
I'll see if I can gather up any QLD supporting friends.. I know how hard it can be to get a team together we have had our ups and downs thats for sure.

As for photos there will be heaps!!!! I take photos constantly haha so any of your team I get I will forward on to someone here for you all to enjoy.

Chaos
26-11-07, 10:26 PM
Looks like the majority will be Titans supporters and the majority does rule...so I think we should be wearing Titan shirts.

BringBackWillie, Who's organising the shirts?

BringBackWillie
26-11-07, 10:58 PM
Organising shirts as we speak.

In the interests of team unison, I'll leave it up to people to wear either Broncos/Titans/Cowboys colours. Putting a supporter of one team into the colours of another is quite offensive according to some... so I'll eave it as that :)

Games start at 9am sharp, so try to be there earlier to meet up. Bring your picnic rugs / deck chairs etc etc.

The $5 entry will include the BBQ but feel free to BYO drinks

Hollywood Jesus
27-11-07, 02:53 PM
http://nrlfanstouch.cjb.net/

See yas there.

Hollywood Jesus
28-11-07, 03:42 PM
This appears to be your schedule, for now at least:

9:40 - play v Raiders
10:20 - ref Panthers v Sharks, also videotape the game
11:20 - play v Eels
12:00 - ref Knights v Sharks
12:40 - play v Wests
2:00 - play v Sharks
2:20 - Lunch
2:50 - City v Country (if anyone selected)
3:20 - Finals (if you make it)

As always, schedule subject to change at my discretion.

Cheers.

PROMETHEUS
28-11-07, 08:50 PM
Hi guys,sorry,but i cant make it :(

Bloody work has rostered me on then!
Bastards! :mad: :hissyfit"

Chaos
28-11-07, 11:56 PM
I just checked out the rules and it's touch with one kick allowed within the last two tackles.

How many players do we have now?
BringBackWilly, are you our captain?
What time should we meet?

BringBackWillie
29-11-07, 08:32 AM
Hey guys

For everyone who's attending, we'll meet at around 8:30 at the oval. Remember to bring $5 for the BBQ/fees, your touch footy gear, picnic rugs, deck chairs, drinks etc etc.

We have 9 people in the team and so if there is anyone else, or ring-ins from your family/friend network you can bring along, please do so.

As you'll see, we also have to help out with various things on the day like BBQ, reffing, videoing. The more we have the merrier.

Any Qs, PM or call me me

See yas there

BringBackWillie
29-11-07, 01:43 PM
PS - can you let me know your shirt sizes Chaos/Scooter etc

Chaos
29-11-07, 08:20 PM
PS - can you let me know your shirt sizes Chaos/Scooter etc

Shirt sizes...L and XXL

Chaos
01-12-07, 11:36 AM
http://nrlfanstouch.cjb.net/

See yas there.

The above link or website has some pop up crap attached to it.

Hollywood Jesus
01-12-07, 06:57 PM
Yeah it's a .cjb.net page, so they come with it unfortunately.

Anyways, for those who were worried about the rain, don't be. Oval is not closed and we're still on. See yas there.

Chaos
01-12-07, 08:49 PM
BrinkBackWilly,

I have another player who's a Cowboy supporter...any chance of bringing another shirt (size XXL)

GCT_89
02-12-07, 05:26 PM
hope you all had a great time today.....

Mish
03-12-07, 07:49 AM
It was a really fun day.. I got heaps of photos, its going to take me ages to get them to everyone.

Sylvie should I just send them to you? or put them here? Im not sure what to do with them and it will take me ages to get around to it but the pics are there is anyone wants them.

GCT_89
03-12-07, 10:01 AM
........................results?

DIEHARD
03-12-07, 10:49 AM
Fantastic to hear. It has always been a fantastic event and deserves to grow. It is a fun day and promotes so much good will in the game between the fans.

Mish
03-12-07, 05:34 PM
Im still waiting to get the whole days results but Penrith got the trophy, 4th year running now.

DIEHARD
03-12-07, 06:13 PM
Are they really that good?

BringBackWillie
03-12-07, 08:00 PM
It was a really fun day.. I got heaps of photos, its going to take me ages to get them to everyone.

Sylvie should I just send them to you? or put them here? Im not sure what to do with them and it will take me ages to get around to it but the pics are there is anyone wants them.

Hey Mish - great to meet ya! If you can email them me too that'd be great as most of the fans who attended are not on this forum

BringBackWillie
03-12-07, 08:47 PM
Hey guys, here's the report from the day:

The Sydney-based supporters of the Broncos, Titans and Cowboys came together on Sunday, 2 December 2007 to form a Queensland team for its debut in the NRL Club Fans Touch Footy Day out at Richie Benaud Oval in Parramatta.

The Broncos were represented by Sylve, Ant, Gumby, Jeannette, Kan and Andrew. The Titans were represented by Sylve again, Matt, Wazza, Chaos and Macca. And North Queensland was represented by one-lone Cowboy Daniel, along with Jen who provided moral support on the sideline and official photographer for all of the Queenslanders.

Others teams who were represented were the Eels, Dragons, Tigers, Raiders, Sharks, Knights and Panthers. Manly was apparently banned following last year?s touch tournament.

The game played was a cross between touch footy and league with drop balls resulting in a play on (if it didn?t go backwards) and the ability to kick on the 5th and 6th touch. Each team was required to assist with the refereeing, time-keeping, BBQ and record keeping although it became apparent that the bias towards certain teams (ie. Parra) brought back dark memories of the ARL days.

The Queenslanders only managed to win 1 of the 4 games: against the Raiders (L 3-5), the Eels (L 2-5), Tigers (L 2-6) and Sharks (W 3-2) but did not finish at the bottom of the table. It was inevitable given that we were a newly formed team whilst other teams had apparently been in training in the lead up to the tournament! However, there were plenty of laughs with some (who shall remain nameless) donning the skills of Mick Han**** (running sideways), Chris Walker (continuing to come off the wing in defence), Darren Lockyer (in leading by example and scoring the first try for QLD ), Karmichael Hunt (playing at fullback even though in touch we didn't need to have a fullback!!!!), Scotty Prince (for continuing to argue with the referee).

Tryscorers for the QLD team were: Andrew (3), Gumby (2), Sylve, Ant, Matt, Chaos and Wazza.

All in all, it was a good natured social day getting to know other supporters groups for more friendly feuds in 2008 when our actual NRL teams meet each other. It was also a great opportunity to welcome new recruits from cyberspace into our supporters bases and hope that they return to join us at the games when the 2008 NRL season kicks off.

Sweet victory came when the Queensland team?s nominated referee Gumby (an ATA level 3 ref with some credibility in his refereeing decisions) sent Parra Jesus off during the semi-final between the Eels and the Raiders. The Raiders went on to win that match, ensuring the Eels supporters team kept the reputation of its Eels NRL team as ?chokers!?

The Panthers team eventually took out the tournament winning 3-1 against the Raiders.

Thanks to everyone who attended and played in great spirit. GO QUEENSLANDERS :clap: There might be another touch day being organised in Jan/Feb next year. :clap:

Here are some photos from the day

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w318/BringBackWillie/QLDTeam.jpg
The QUEENSLAND Team

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w318/BringBackWillie/QLDvRaiders.jpg
Qld team v Raiders + ringins from the Tigers

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w318/BringBackWillie/07Dec2-QLDattacks.jpg
Titans pass to a Bronco

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w318/BringBackWillie/07Dec2-QLDrefsendsoffParraJesus.jpg
QLD ref Gumby sends Parra jesus off for a cheap shot against the Raiders in the semi-finals :clap:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w318/BringBackWillie/07Dec2-QLDDefence.jpg
Queensland defence

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w318/BringBackWillie/QLDinattackviaAndrew.jpg
Andrew on the attack for the Queenslanders (check out the Parra chick with the shoulder pad armoury!)

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w318/BringBackWillie/QLDTitanscontingent.jpg
And finally... the Titans contingent in the team :woot:

Thanks for the great day you guys!

Coaster
03-12-07, 10:28 PM
Lucky it was touch footy, that guy on the far right, cant tackle !!

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w318/BringBackWillie/QLDTitanscontingent.jpg

GCT_89
04-12-07, 12:37 PM
Im still waiting to get the whole days results but Penrith got the trophy, 4th year running now.

why is it that the penrith jersey flegg, premier league and fan club teams are all so bloody good but the first grade team cant play for ****!?!?
:p

Steve
04-12-07, 12:51 PM
Great report! Looks like a fun day, and is that a grapple tackle there from Parra Jesus?

And please please please tell me the person in the number 1 eels jersey isn't a guy!

BringBackWillie
04-12-07, 03:29 PM
Great report! Looks like a fun day, and is that a grapple tackle there from Parra Jesus?

And please please please tell me the person in the number 1 eels jersey isn't a guy!

It was a guy Steve!!!

Mish
05-12-07, 01:01 AM
That chick Parra Jesus knocked, he was flirting with her before the our final against Canberra. He is a happy chap now, his got a date with her Friday night.

Penrith have won quite a few years running now because they play together regualarly I believe, and some of their players are state reps too apparently. So their handicaps were really only the kids, but the girls still qualified regardless of their experience, thems the rules.

Had to laugh at Panthers form tho, heres the message I was sent to my myspace from one of their team members.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3141/sorenutscopycf0.jpg

I was proud of my team as they were wooden spoon last tournament.

So be proud of your win Qld, the comp isnt as easy as it appears.

And if you'd like to get together with Tigers team for a friendly pre tournament game or 2 please let me know, could be handy for all of us to get the team training up our sleeves to get a little friendly revenge.

DIEHARD
07-12-07, 11:13 PM
Congratulations to all those Broncos, Cowboys and Titans fans in Sydney who represented Queensland!

You did our state proud. I love how we came together and formed a Queensland team for the first year ever.

A tradition we can build on in 2008.

The pictures were fantastic!

Chaos
10-12-07, 12:27 AM
Diehard,

The day is a great idea but the organisation needs more support.
There was only one field to use for all games and run by a one eyed Parramatta supporter.