PDA

View Full Version : Soccer stars 'told by partners where to play'

jenny
15-08-07, 06:06 PM
Soccer stars 'told by partners where to play'
By staff writers

August 15, 2007 03:16pm

WIVES and girlfriends of soccer stars are dictating what club they play for on the basis of the region¿s shopping, says one of the game's modern greats.
Roy Keane, who manages English Premier League club Sunderland, believes that footballer?s partners, known as WAGS (wives and girlfriends), were wielding too much power in deciding which region to move to, the Daily Mail reported.

"Greed will always be a part of the game and that will never change," the former-Manchester United star told the Daily Mail.

?But this side of it, with the women running the show, concerns me and worries me.?

Keane said that if a player didn?t want to play for the regional team of Sunderland then he shouldn?t be forced to.

?But if they don't want to come to Sunderland because their wife wants to go shopping in London, then it is a sad state of affairs,? he said.

?Unfortunately that is what is influencing a lot of footballers' decisions. Priorities have changed for footballers and they are being dictated to by their wives and girlfriends.

"I could name three or four big players now and clearly their wives and girlfriends are running their lives because they are doing these photoshoots and all that kind of stuff."

Without naming any players, Keane said one person wouldn?t return phone calls from the club because of a London-loving wife.

?I have had a player this summer who didn't even ring us back because his wife wanted to move to London. And shopping was mentioned. It might astonish many people but it is true."

Article from: NEWS.com.au

travop
15-08-07, 07:32 PM
is that the same with netballers boyfriends
"honey can you play for brisbane, sydneys not cool anymore!"

Social Loafer
15-08-07, 11:07 PM
*cough* Beckham *cough*

travop
16-08-07, 01:19 PM
*cough* Beckham *cough*

lol
dont get me started about what i think of beckham

Bernster
17-08-07, 11:05 AM
lol
dont get me started about what i think of beckham

Don't get me started about his Mrs...(or Netball - I can't stand the sport).