PDA

View Full Version : Round 24: Cronulla Sharks v Gold Coast Titans (25 Aug)

BringBackWillie
13-08-07, 09:22 PM
Cronulla Sharks v Gold Coast Titans

25 August 2007 (kickoff 5:30pm)
Shark Park

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx11941.jpg v http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx13933.jpg

:hissyfit" Last Sydney-based Round Game :hissyfit"

The final Sydney round game sees us at Shark Park in what looks like a do or die game for the Titans in their quest to finish in the Top 8 in their debut year!!!!!

Contrary to the previous notice sent, the Southern Legion will now be assembling from about 4pm in Bay 1 (which is towards the Northern end of the Leagues Club side up the front, and next to the Family Hill). Tickets are all general admin. http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Venues/ViewSeatingMap.aspx?v=SHA&s=10043

Tickets can be purchased from Ticketek at http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=SHARKS07. Ticket prices are $20 adults, $15 concession, $40 family.

Support your team Titans fans!

BringBackWillie
19-08-07, 09:15 PM
With a Top 8 finish a reeaaaalllll possibility now - let's get behind theTitans Sydney!

DIEHARD
19-08-07, 09:47 PM
I will be there! :woot:

Come on mighty Titans!!!!

Oh it's a 5:30pm game. I had better get there early.

What time are you leaving Sydney Sylvie?

Titanium_BD1103
20-08-07, 12:41 PM
I will be there.. In my Titans Polo and with my clapper, with the Southern Legion and supporting the team as it aims to shoot into the finals... :D :D

For those who are looking at the Seating Map for Shark Park, where the legion is meeting is known on there as the Eastern Concourse from what I can see.... ;)

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Venues/ViewSeatingMap.aspx?v=SHA&s=10043

IF YOU LIVE IN SYDNEY... GET DOWN TO THIS GAME AND CHEER ON THE TITANS AS WE HEAD TOWARDS THE FINALS SERIES... :clap: :clap:

BringBackWillie
20-08-07, 12:51 PM
If you and Boof get to S'field station at about 2:30, I can take yas.

Titanium_BD1103
20-08-07, 12:55 PM
If you and Boof get to S'field station at about 2:30, I can take yas.

Hi BBW... thanks for the offer, but I will most probably drive down to Shark Park... I have to visit some mates in Miranda in the morning... :)

I am looking forward to seeing you all down there though for this match.. should be an absolute cracker... :woot: :woot:

Big J
20-08-07, 03:22 PM
As I mentioned in the game thread I will be doing my best but it would be quicker to fly from QLD then it will be for me to drive from western Sydney!!!!

If Chaos is going to be there I may have to make an appearance just to collect my 2 schooners......................................... .......................

Titanium_BD1103
20-08-07, 04:49 PM
Big J... try to get down there, I know how hard it is mate, I live 15 mins from you heading towards the city and spend a fair bit of time in Stanhope Gardens... so I know how long a drive it's going to be, but I can assure you as I am assuring myself, it will be well worth it especially if we win... :D :D

For those who aren't from Sydney, to give you an idea of what Big J is talking about... it takes about an 1:15- 1:30 in good traffic from the North West of Sydney to get down to Cronulla... if you use tolls you minus that by around 20-30 mins, but it's still quite a journey... but as I said, to see the Titans win and to get to spend time with the Southern Legion for another game, it's definitely one that is worth it... :clap:

Titanium_BD1103
22-08-07, 08:15 AM
Hey all.. :)

If you have a family coming to the game on Saturday, make sure you pre-purchase your tickets on the Ticketek website, as you can get a great deal, 2 adults and 2 kids to the football for $40... :D :D

Buy 2 Adult General Admission Tickets, get 2 Child General Admission Tickets for free.

Offer applies only to tickets pre-purchased either at Ticketek, Ticketek Online or Sharkies Leagues Club.

Steve
22-08-07, 12:32 PM
I wish I could come down for it.
Legion has to make a LOT of noise so Bull knows there's more than 4 fans in Sydney. ;) Maybe a banner to let him know! :D

Us Brisbane folk have to travel an hour or so each way (add on 1-2hrs for escaping the carpark if driving!) to make the home games, so no excuses people!

BringBackWillie
24-08-07, 08:20 PM
I did think about having a banner with a Legion roll call but work got in the way and I wasn't going to waste my time :)

Let's hope the weather holds up!

Titanium_BD1103
25-08-07, 10:01 AM
WOOT it's game day...:woot: :woot:

Everyone who is in Sydney and can, get down to Toyota Park this afternoon and cheer the Titans towards a finals berth, the sun is even coming out in patches, so the weather should be good... :D :D

Only 6 and a bit hours to go... ;)

DIEHARD
25-08-07, 10:21 AM
Good luck guys! I'm sorry I won't be able to make it.

It is going to be a big game and I'm confident we can come away with victory.

The Brisbane Chapter of The Legion will be assembling at the ICE BAR at Clayfield.

Me, Steve, Goatus and I also invited GCT 89.

Steve
25-08-07, 10:48 AM
Definitely gonna be there! \o/

BringBackWillie
25-08-07, 08:58 PM
Well... what can I say. Whilst it was a pretty disappointing game and I expected the Titans to play as well as they did the previous week against the Roosters, it wasn't to be.

The Sharkies only managed 9000 to their game and it was great to finally get to see Titanium-BD at a game. We had a total of 9 attend tonight so whilst it wasn't the best Southern Legion turnout in Sydney, there were spots of Titans fans around the small crowd. Saturday night games are never good for the regulars who work. Nevertheless, we did manage to get ahead of Bailey's estimate of 3-4 fans in Sydney :hissyfit"

I spoke to him after the game and asked him to count the number of us there :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anyway, thanks to everyone who's been a part of the Southern Legion this season and joined our growing army of supporters. I've personally enjoyed meeting you all and your own contributions and ideas to the group. It has been fun. Look forward to a strong performance by the team in 2008. For the first season, I think they can hold their heads up high! :clap:

Titanium_BD1103
25-08-07, 09:09 PM
It was a pleasure to finally meet you Syl.. and all the other Southern Legion fans... we might have been small, but we gave those Sharks supporters sitting next to us a run for their money... ;)

Yes people, we didn't get the result, but TBH, I am not sad, I got to meet and chat with our boys after the match, I got to be a part of the Southern Legion and I got to cheer our boys on and show those shire folk that the Titans are loud and proud... it was a great night.... :D

For those who weren't there, I think the funniest thing to happen all night was that the shark supporter group next to us were singing a song whenever the ball went dead it goes...

Were going back to the 20, Were going back to the 20....

Ok now the song is just annoying, but what is funny is in the second half, we all started singing it whenever our boys got the ball back on the 20m line... just to piss them off... :laugh:

There were other moments, but I am sure the others will share them and I'll join in... oh and if the boys read this, sorry for creating swarm by yelling, there's so and so, whenever a player came out of the dressing rooms, I just thought it was cool to see you all out there, really great thing to do even after the loss.... especially Walker and Sideshow, who were out there for some time.... :)

Congrats to the Southern Legion, and as Searle said to us tonight, as did Jase and Presto, thanks for all the support over the season, it's really lifted the boys knowing they have such support when they go away and they look forward to it continuing in 2008... :)

Oh and P.S. I will be uploading in the next few days the player photos I got after the match... I have a picture of every player who played pretty much, and coach John Cartwright... I just don't have Mat Rogers.. he went out another way... ;)

Capital_Shark
25-08-07, 09:10 PM
9K? Piss weak. Conditions didn't look too shabby either. I'd love to be a local and go to every Sharkies home game, but its not to be. A real disappointment considering the performances the boys have been putting in under-strength, not to mention Adam Dykes' farewell.

Titanium_BD1103
25-08-07, 09:14 PM
9K? Piss weak. Conditions didn't look too shabby either. I'd love to be a local and go to every Sharkies home game, but its not to be. A real disappointment considering the performances the boys have been putting in under-strength, not to mention Adam Dykes' farewell.

9470 or something like that CS... oh and we had fun shoving it in the Sharks fans faces when they kept yelling at us that Preston like it in the ****....:duh::rolf:

Yeah it wasn't a great crowd... oh and I will post some pictures of the event, you might like them... :)

I have pictures of Luke Covell on the lap of honour, Eddie Sua, Dave Simmons and Adam Dykes on that ute.... it was a nice gesture, but did he have to throwing stuff of it, we got trampled on by kids for about 5 mins... and they trampled on the flag....:p

I must say though, once the Sharkies started getting it right, it sounded like there was 20,000 there, they really make a noise at Toyota.

Capital_Shark
25-08-07, 09:23 PM
9470 or something like that CS... oh and we had fun shoving it in the Sharks fans faces when they kept yelling at us that Preston like it in the ****....:duh::rolf:

Yeah it wasn't a great crowd... oh and I will post some pictures of the event, you might like them... :)

I have pictures of Luke Covell on the lap of honour, Eddie Sua, Dave Simmons and Adam Dykes on that ute.... it was a nice gesture, but did he have to throwing stuff of it, we got trampled on by kids for about 5 mins... and they trampled on the flag....:p

I must say though, once the Sharkies started getting it right, it sounded like there was 20,000 there, they really make a noise at Toyota.

Yeah, they're a noisy bunch.. Just wish we could get a decent amount there.

Those pics would be sweet mate. They didn't show any of that stuff on the telecast so I can't really comment.

Did Matty Rogers get some banter? I hope not. He might play for the Titans but he'll always be one of Cronulla's sons. Couldn't believe he got bottled into touch, after all the years he spent tip toeing down that sideline in the black, white and blue. Greg Pierce must have had the line painter take a couple steps in field.

Titanium_BD1103
25-08-07, 09:27 PM
Yeah, they're a noisy bunch.. Just wish we could get a decent amount there.

Those pics would be sweet mate. They didn't show any of that stuff on the telecast so I can't really comment.

Did Matty Rogers get some banter? I hope not. He might play for the Titans but he'll always be one of Cronulla's sons. Couldn't believe he got bottled into touch, after all the years he spent tip toeing down that sideline in the black, white and blue. Greg Pierce must have had the line painter take a couple steps in field.

Yep he got banter.... but it was nothing to do with his play... it was the continual announcement of:

"Hey Rogers, seems like you still think your playing union.. it's league you fool"...:duh:

No probs mate, I'll post them up somewhere and link it here sometime this week... ;)....Didn't they show any of that on the telecast.. did they show the legion and the sharks fans... Fox had a camera on us for a fair while before the match and at times during it... I'll be surprised if none of it made it to air... especially the part where we took on the sharks supporters to see who could destroy the signage first with their feet... man that stuff makes some noise...:p

Capital_Shark
25-08-07, 09:31 PM
Yep he got banter.... but it was nothing to do with his play... it was the continual announcement of:

"Hey Rogers, seems like you still think your playing union.. it's league you fool"...:duh:

No probs mate, I'll post them up somewhere and link it here sometime this week... ;)....Didn't they show any of that on the telecast.. did they show the legion and the sharks fans... Fox had a camera on us for a fair while before the match and at times during it... I'll be surprised if none of it made it to air... especially the part where we took on the sharks supporters to see who could destroy the signage first with their feet... man that stuff makes some noise...:p

TBH champ I crawled outta bed at 5:20 (late night playing poker, $600+ made it worth it though :) ) so it could well have been in the pre match stuff, flicked on the footy at the last shots of the boys in the sheds, so it could have been telecast. But no post match stuff, which is when I assume Dykes had his send off?

Good to hear Matty didn't cop a gob full about anything but union. I'd give it to him for that too, TBH.

Titanium_BD1103
25-08-07, 09:33 PM
TBH champ I crawled outta bed at 5:20 (late night playing poker, $600+ made it worth it though :) ) so it could well have been in the pre match stuff, flicked on the footy at the last shots of the boys in the sheds, so it could have been telecast. But no post match stuff, which is when I assume Dykes had his send off?

Good to hear Matty didn't cop a gob full about anything but union. I'd give it to him for that too, TBH.

LOL nah... then that would explain it... it was pre-match... just after the warm ups, he was driven around on the back of a Toyota Ute and threw football out to the crowd where the kids would run like a back of seagulls everytime one was thrown... we had to throw kids out of our bay as they were trampling the flags and posters.. :duh:

HodgoBerro
25-08-07, 09:34 PM
did you have a group of sharks fans singing put your hands up for de gois to the tune of fedde le grands song put your hands up for detroit? they were in bris for the broncos v sharks game

Titanium_BD1103
25-08-07, 09:39 PM
did you have a group of sharks fans singing put your hands up for de gois to the tune of fedde le grands song put your hands up for detroit? they were in bris for the broncos v sharks game

Yes and thanks for giving me some idea on what that was about... I was wondering WTF they were saying... they got worse and worse as they drank more beer... the words became more and more incoherent... we were sitting right next to them in the next bay... it was good fun taking them on... :laugh: :laugh:

They started singing it about 5 mins before fulltime, it did make for a nice change to "we're going back to the 20" and the most gayest song you will ever hear... "Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole, Benny Ross Ross Ross" and yes it comes with the full high pitch girly voices included...:rolf::rolf:

Steve
25-08-07, 10:41 PM
Saw you on the telly when the Titans ran out, BringBackWillie, just a pity they didn't have many reasons to cross over to you during the game. :(

PROMETHEUS
25-08-07, 10:45 PM
the most gayest song you will ever hear... "Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole, Benny Ross Ross Ross" and yes it comes with the full high pitch girly voices included...:rolf::rolf:

Quite appropriate,Ross is a girly man.

Boofhead
26-08-07, 03:12 AM
Back from drowning my sorrows.

Sigh.

Even the Lions lost!

Think I saw the Legion on TV, well Sylv anyway!

Enough said. Night.

:nope:

Titanium_BD1103
26-08-07, 08:04 AM
Back from drowning my sorrows.

Sigh.

Even the Lions lost!

Think I saw the Legion on TV, well Sylv anyway!

Enough said. Night.

:nope:

You would have seen all of us then... but Sylv was the most prominent... we were all banging on the sideline boards around her when the boys came out... good fun that stuff is... tough as nails and loud as hell...:woot::woot:... yeah we know, I wish they could have had more reasons to show us as well.. but instead it was stupid spirit fingers from the sharks supporters...:duh:

Yeah don't worry Boof, I think a lot of us were drowning our sorrows last night, it's hasn't been too many sporting fans ideal week...:hissyfit"

HodgoBerro
29-08-07, 06:49 PM
Saw you on the telly when the Titans ran out, BringBackWillie, just a pity they didn't have many reasons to cross over to you during the game. :(

ah so sylve is a 'media tart' regardless which qld team it is!

Titanium_BD1103
29-08-07, 06:57 PM
ah so sylve is a 'media tart' regardless which qld team it is!

No HB... Sylv is a supporter of the club, and she is the driving force behind the Southern Legion, of which I am forever grateful, as it is great to see such passion and support for the team here in Sydney... to see the work she does for the group and for it's fans on Saturday night made me smile.. as it's nice to know there is someone who is so committed to ensuring Titans fans down south get the best treatment possible.

The reason she was on TV is because The Southern Legion is always followed by Fox Sports.. they like to show the group before away games as they are normally the only central group of Titans fans at the game..... :)

I was on TV there too, however you can only see her face as she is holding a banner while the rest of us were banging the advertising as loud as you possibly can...

Oh and finally I know she supports another QLD team, but TBH we all support another team at this place.... you yourself should know that having been here for the time you have.. ;)

HodgoBerro
29-08-07, 09:50 PM
titanium i know what sylv does for the club she supports is fantastic

the people from the broncos joke around with her when either one of us have been on tv or in the paper calling ourselves "media tarts"

its not an insult or anything but she basically put the 2 SE qld teams on the map from a supporters point of view

DIEHARD
29-08-07, 09:59 PM
TBH we all support another team at this place....

Yea...Titans and.....Titans....

BringBackWillie
29-08-07, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the kind words Titanium_BD :)