PDA

View Full Version : Round 23: Join the Legion for the last time at Carrara

Queenslander
27-07-07, 08:58 AM
Gold Coast Titans vs Sydney Roosters
Carrara Stadium; Sunday 19th August, 2:00PM

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx13933.jpgvshttp://www.sportsperformer.com.au/Images/Sydney_Roosters.gif

Join the LEGION for the final game on the coast for this year (and the final game for the Titans at Carrara)

Tickets: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TITANGC07&searchId=17acea67-7512-464a-88c7-1b5d89ad56c0

THE LEGION will be sitting near the score board, just outside the entrance to the non-alcohol section. Look for the big flags!

Come and join us, don't be shy!

Queenslander
11-08-07, 06:28 PM
Calling all Titans fans!

This is the last chance to cheer on our boys on the Gold Coast. And our last time to sit on the hill at Cararra.

We still have a chance to make the finals (it may be slim but we still have a chance). We have to send Freddy Fittler home with a loss for the first time.

Go TITANS

So who will be going to the game?

C-Whiz
11-08-07, 06:31 PM
I am still bitterly disappointed with tonights result (and effort from some) but will still definitely be there next week to cheer the boys on. Finals or not, we've got to support OUR team!

jenwood
11-08-07, 06:34 PM
Totally agree- just cos we lost tonight doesnt mean the boys dont deserve our support right to the end of the season. Lets spoil Freddys winning streak and send those roosters home without a crow to be heard!!!!!!!!!!!!Tell all your friends and get to Carrara next week. Lets be loud and strong!!!!!!!!!
GO TITANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve
11-08-07, 06:34 PM
I'm gonna be there!
The lads need to atone for tonight's game with a big one against the roosters.
And i'll be cheering them on!

C-Whiz
11-08-07, 06:35 PM
Last ever home game at Carrara, btw. Be part of TITANS history! Last game at Carrara, first team to spoil Freddy's party! :) A night to be remembered!

Queenslander
11-08-07, 06:39 PM
Last ever home game at Carrara, btw. Be part of TITANS history! Last game at Carrara, first team to spoil Freddy's party! :) A night to be remembered!

Thats right! Win, lose or draw this game will be apart of Gold Coast Rugby League history.

DIEHARD
12-08-07, 07:31 AM
Absolutely, this is part of history, the last game at Carrara before we move on to the high life at Skilled Park.

I'll be there with Goatus and some other mates, joining the Legion for the last home game of the season.

My only project is to paint up the words LEGION properly on my banner.

I'm pretty happy with my drum and flags.

dee13
12-08-07, 08:04 AM
Are we doing another photo???

I wouldnt mind a before and after shot... One with Dee13 and then with Blade

DIEHARD
12-08-07, 08:58 AM
Are we doing another photo???

I wouldnt mind a before and after shot... One with Dee13 and then with Blade

Yes, I think so. It wasn't only a good opportunity for us but it was a great bit of publicty and excitement for the Titans with us attracting a lot of attention.

Boofhead
12-08-07, 09:26 AM
Do or Die time, got to spoil Freddy's party. Book your tickets fast as this is sure to be a sell out!

Seeing its the last home game, maybe we should organize something after the game? Drinks somewhere etc.

Hope ill be there for the photo this time. :p

DIEHARD
12-08-07, 10:40 AM
Seeing its the last home game, maybe we should organize something after the game? Drinks somewhere etc

Fantastic idea, but you guys who live on the Coast may be better qualified to organise.

How about the Titanium Bar?

Boofhead
12-08-07, 11:09 AM
Sounds good to me, seems appropriate. :p

You can grab a bite to eat there too. Ill see what I can do about reserving a table for us.

GCT_89
12-08-07, 07:19 PM
i OBVIOUSLY didnt know of this thread yet.....lol
posted my encouragement speech in the wrong section...:der:

ALRIGHT!!.......its time to knock the roosters off thier feet, off their game and out of the running for the top eight!

they are in the same position as we are <need to win every game to scrape into the top eight> and with their new found victory run into the finals its time to remember earlier in the year when we were kicking ass and they were an embarrissing joke!

essentially they are just a bunch off pansy sooks that need to be taught a lesson!

and that lesson is us!

if not to knock the roosters of course, at least as an incredible confidence boost as we head into the narrow end of the season!

be there on sunday arvo as the mighty TITANS take on the pansy roosters and give them a good 'ole thrashing!

get in quick as this is the last home game of the season......

>>>>LAST HOME GAME OF SEASON!<<<< (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TITANGC07&searchId=a1a565f3-d743-4ea6-a014-db8752195232)

ALL these tickets should be sold already! C'mon everybody theres just no excuse:woot:

we need the stadium full of TITAN supporters, not roosters! :clap:

<P.S. ill be there:blink: >

dee13
13-08-07, 05:28 PM
Hey there guys,

Its on again.

Get in the last photo at Carrara. Something we can look back on in years to come and say "remember our last game at Carrara".

My appearance time is at about 1:15pm. I would like to do a photo out of the suit at 1:00pm and then a photo as Blade at 1:15pm. That gives you guys time to get real estate under the score board.

This time my kids will be there.

All the best

Dee

DIEHARD
14-08-07, 01:11 PM
I'm glad all on my list of major things to do is fix up my banner.

C-Whiz
14-08-07, 06:37 PM
Yep, I'll be there. I'll bring the banner and flag and I'll dress appropriately this time :) Might even bring the kids. At least the young fella. He was there for the first game, might as well be there for the last. Oh, and the clappers..... actually clapper, one was broken at Tigers game.

Bring your drum DIEHARD, that thing is gold.

Everyone, be there for the BLADE photo. No soft excuses!

Anyone got any rubber chooks? Might be fun to throw around!

See ya's 1-ish behind the sheds.

C-Whiz
14-08-07, 06:38 PM
My only project is to paint up the words LEGION properly on my banner.

I assume you'll be using blood?

Fampa
14-08-07, 06:52 PM
I'll be there pretty early as i hope to make the pic again.

Yes, drumming is fun :D

DIEHARD
15-08-07, 09:22 AM
Rubber chickens, that's a great idea.

Steve
15-08-07, 09:34 AM
I picked up my ticket yesterday. Don't wanna miss out on this one!

Nathalie
15-08-07, 10:54 AM
I will be there but won't be able to go out after with you guys, Shaun and I are actually taking his brother to the game as his brother is a mad Roosters fan, and it's also for his birthday.

I will be under the scoreboard! What's the deal with the photo - I want in!!!

Cowboy Titan
15-08-07, 11:00 AM
According to Ticketek, there's only single seats left in the stands.

Nathalie
15-08-07, 11:03 AM
Yup - saw that - will be a sellout game woohooooooooooooo :D

Rooster Girl
15-08-07, 12:33 PM
Hi guys, I hope it's a good game, unfortunately though I don't think you'll be sending Freddy home a loser. However I just have to say how great you guys have done this year & if you had had a better run with injuries whose to say where you would be now. Good Luck to Chris Walker hope he gets another year with you guys, he's a top bloke.

C-Whiz
15-08-07, 02:42 PM
Hi guys, I hope it's a good game, unfortunately though I don't think you'll be sending Freddy home a loser.

I agree Rooster Girl. He may be a NSW'man, but he's definitely not a loser. I think "a disappointed losing coach" is a much fairer label for a guy like Freddy come 4pm Sunday arvo. ;)

Enjoy the game.

Coaster
15-08-07, 03:28 PM
Freddy never goes out a loser....

He just makes come back after come back until he wins.:)

GCT_89
15-08-07, 06:36 PM
4 more sleeps to go.........
this is gonna be awesome!
can we get a list of exactly who is going to be behind the sheds for the LEGION Photo?

count me in!

DIEHARD
15-08-07, 06:39 PM
I'll be there.

C-Whiz
15-08-07, 06:44 PM
4 more sleeps to go.........
this is gonna be awesome!
can we get a list of exactly who is going to be behind the sheds for the LEGION Photo?

count me in!

Well, whatever list you get, it'll be about half of that!

Put me down. In fact just put me down for every home game for the rest of the season. No, better still, just put me down for every home game the TITANS play at Carrara from now on, and I won't have to keep replying to these threads! :) Easy!

C-Whiz
15-08-07, 06:47 PM
Actually, maybe it's a good thing we are moving from Carrara. Sooner or later we are going to get a reputation as the group of guys who like to hang out behind the sheds...... Don't think I really want that. Bad enough hanging out on a forum with Peter Andre.....

jenny
15-08-07, 06:54 PM
Actually, maybe it's a good thing we are moving from Carrara. Sooner or later we are going to get a reputation as the group of guys who like to hang out behind the sheds...... Don't think I really want that. Bad enough hanging out on a forum with Peter Andre.....

LOL Whiz

travop
15-08-07, 07:22 PM
illl be there

Boofhead
17-08-07, 11:37 PM
Will be bringing a few mates, will make sure they wear our colors!

GCT_89
18-08-07, 08:58 AM
ARRRgh! might have to work till 1, ill only just make it to the game.....

will try my hardest to get away earlier!

photo:

dee13/BLADE
DIEHARD
C-Whiz
travop
Boofhead + mates

DIEHARD
18-08-07, 11:57 AM
Goatus will be coming as well.

Steve
19-08-07, 08:36 AM
For those heading to the game by train...

Major Track Work from Coomera to Robina: Sunday 19 Aug

From first train to last train Sunday 19 August 2007, all inbound and outbound Citytrain services between Coomera to Robina will be replaced by bus services.
Buses will stop at all stations from Coomera to Robina with connecting trains to Brisbane City.

From my experience of this after the Souths game, i'd say the 1 or 2 people heading into Robina can expect a good half dozen buses whisking them away. Anyone catching the train back to Brisbane should be at Nerang station early to make sure they get the bus that heads straight to Coomera to meet with the train.
Anyone wanting to go to Helensvale, expect to wait 1-2 hours for a bus, possibly more if the bus is full!

DIEHARD
19-08-07, 10:18 AM
Its raining up here in Brisbane at the moment.

DIEHARD
19-08-07, 10:37 AM
Me, Goatus and Steve may be late. Had a hell of a lot of trouble printing my e tickets. We'll get there asap. If we miss out on the photo, we'll do a group photo afterwards.

HodgoBerro
19-08-07, 09:14 PM
i hope the weather didnt disappoint today i was at dreamworld today n came home very wet

DIEHARD
19-08-07, 09:45 PM
Well I just got home a little while ago.

That was a FANTASTIC day and a fantastic effort from our team!

The Legion was fantastic, flags flying, voices strong! We went out in style.

I am so proud of how far the Legion has come. We have grown from nothing to something very special and we have the opportunity to really evolve in 2008.

Thanks for everyones contributions! A supporter group is only as strong as its people, because a supporter group is people.

I met some fantastic new life long friends this year and I thank the Gold Coast Titans for that.

It was so great to see Carrara off with a victory. And now we need to focus on getting ready for Skilled Park and 2008. So our off season training begins now! We need to help deliver that intimidating atmosphere we all crave at Skilled.

I am soaked to the core, Boofhead was the worst hit among us. He was saturated! Everyone have a hot shower and get to bed, we don't need any flus!

Now its up to the Southern Legion to cap off their fantastic year at Shark Park next Saturday and those hardy souls who travel to Melbourne in Round 25. Can you believe its this close to the end of our maiden season?!

Nathalie
20-08-07, 08:47 AM
Finally got to meet you, DieHard! And Boofhead! Haha.. Brad you go 'oh Boofhead's over there' and I go up to him and say 'hi, Boofhead!' :p

Was great, for the amount of time we stayed. But I had to leave, I was absolutely soaked due to my poncho getting split open.. and like I said at the game, if I get sick, so does baby.. couldn't afford to take that risk :p

Looking forward to seeing you all next year!

Nat :D

C-Whiz
20-08-07, 07:42 PM
Finally got to meet you, DieHard! And Boofhead! Haha.. Brad you go 'oh Boofhead's over there' and I go up to him and say 'hi, Boofhead!' :p

I guess I'm not worthy..... thanks DIEHARD! :)

For those who don't know, DIEHARD bought a drum and painted it in TITANS colours, and ITS MAGICAL! Everytime he bangs it when we have the ball we scored! I thought he might have banged on it a bit more to help us with our for/against, but a win is a win! Nice work DIEHARD, nice work form the LEGION all round.

Nathalie
21-08-07, 05:42 AM

Yeah, Diehard! You meanie! :p

*runs away*

Steve
21-08-07, 07:19 AM

For those who don't know, DIEHARD bought a drum and painted it in TITANS colours, and ITS MAGICAL! Everytime he bangs it when we have the ball we scored! I thought he might have banged on it a bit more to help us with our for/against, but a win is a win! Nice work DIEHARD, nice work form the LEGION all round.

I'm sure he pointed you out!

I think the atmosphere at this game was probably the best i've seen all year. Impressive with the rain!
I thought people would stay away with the rain, so got a shock when we were walking to the gate and had people coming the other way saying we best have a ticket, because it's sold out.

DIEHARD
21-08-07, 07:48 PM
I certainly did point out Chris!

And I am convinced my drum has magical try scoring powers.