PDA

View Full Version : Round 1 '08: Who should we play?

Queenslander
08-08-07, 05:27 PM
As reported here (http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=10538) the Titans will be playing for the first time at Skilled Park in Round One.

So the question is who should we play first at the Fortress!

NOTE: The plans are for the Broncos to play the Cowboys in Round One on the Friday night, however they are still options for the poll. We can still dream ;)

Steelers
08-08-07, 05:31 PM
I would love to see you play us again. I would definately make the trip down to Robina to watch it.

Coaster
08-08-07, 05:38 PM
I vote for STG also.

Great tradition, heaps of support, most of them not complete ****heads.

And i can't stand them, would be a great day

Teegy
08-08-07, 05:39 PM
i think a rivalry could really spice up the game and would love to see Dragons v Titans as a regular round 1 game

Hoppy2007Dragons
08-08-07, 05:48 PM
After this years game against the saints, i think that a round 1 tradition against us would be unreal, plus i can come and watch it at skilled park so even better.

jake86
08-08-07, 05:54 PM
Yeah, im happy with the dragons as well. 1st choice would be brisbane, if not with the great rivalry they are developing with the cowboys. 1st round vs dragons could develop into a great rivalry too!

GCT_89
08-08-07, 06:38 PM
traditional rivalries are something to cherish in this game and

coming up against the saints in the first round would be great!

i would love to get into a tradition like that!

but as a dominant rivalry i also think that you cant go past

TITANS V BRONCOS
COAST V CAPITAL
two games a season in two of the newest stadiums around!

**another good rivalry would be titans v tigers......but thats just because they are the only team we've beat twice!.....lol

mb63
08-08-07, 06:58 PM
Storm

shamus
08-08-07, 07:46 PM
Whoever we beat in this years Grand Final..:p

TITAN PETE
08-08-07, 07:54 PM

I like the way your thinking but if that doesn't happen we should get to play the PREMIERS as most of rugby leagues eyes will be on the newest stadium in the land & what a better way to open a new season in a new stadium then against the trophy holders :woot: !

Dragons
08-08-07, 08:22 PM
I voted Kiwi's as the Dragons already have enough rivalry with Sharks, Rabbits and Boncos. There are so many Kiwis here the Titans are sure to have a big turnout against them.

Kelvinator
08-08-07, 08:51 PM
i think any team that will be a genuine premiership hope, like melbourne. get one of the hard games out of the way before they start playing well.

do clubs get a say in who they play?

Steve
08-08-07, 09:02 PM
I went with the Tigers.
We got Prince, and have beaten them twice this year.
So they're going to want a bit of payback while we've got it over them. Should make for good matches in the coming years.

PROMETHEUS
08-08-07, 09:05 PM
Im more worried about who we play in the next five weeks..and possibly longer.

Darren Lockyer
09-08-07, 08:01 AM
The dragons would be an awesome game

Big J
09-08-07, 09:17 AM
I'm with Steve. Always happy to play a team who we have a 100% winning record against!!!!

mb63
09-08-07, 04:06 PM
i think any team that will be a genuine premiership hope, like melbourne. get one of the hard games out of the way before they start playing well.

do clubs get a say in who they play?

I'm sure the NRL would look favourably on the Titans request for their 1st home game at the new stadium.

Titanium_BD1103
09-08-07, 07:38 PM
Either the Dragons for my liking as it can become a regular fixture, or as others here have said... the Premiers as that would be the big game of the round and deservedly so... :)

Coaster
09-08-07, 07:40 PM
Either the Dragons for my liking as it can become a regular fixture, or as others here have said... the Premiers as that would be the big game of the round and deservedly so... :)

I dont get how we could play ourselves?????

Titanium_BD1103
09-08-07, 07:41 PM
I dont get how we could play ourselves?????

LOL ok... we play the Dragons then Coaster... but if the GC don't get the premiership, we play the premiers... make sense now...:p

ozynorts
10-08-07, 03:46 PM
I'm with Steve. Always happy to play a team who we have a 100% winning record against!!!!
Tigers for sure. They play a style we play well against and that means the crowd will be able to watch an exciting game.

Coaster
10-08-07, 08:53 PM
LOL ok... we play the Dragons then Coaster... but if the GC don't get the premiership, we play the premiers... make sense now...:p

Yep, much better

Titantones
10-08-07, 11:00 PM

It would make for a resonable excuse to get on the piss for a week or two, but failing that I vote for the Dragons. I would love to beat them and gain some revenge for our first game this year.:hissyfit"

Coaster
01-10-07, 07:42 PM
... we play the Dragons then Coaster... but if the GC don't get the premiership, we play the premiers... make sense now...:p

I like it even more now

Melbourne v Titans at the Arena Round 1

If we are going to pick a fight, it may as well be with the biggest bloke

DIEHARD
01-10-07, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't mind us taking on the Dragons again.

PROMETHEUS
01-10-07, 08:11 PM
I like it even more now

Melbourne v Titans at the Arena Round 1

If we are going to pick a fight, it may as well be with the biggest bloke

I thought we already had,in the pre-season?
And showed the schoolyard bully we wernt going to be pushed around..:p

HodgoBerro
01-10-07, 09:41 PM
i picked the dragons i think it should be the traditional season opener like the broncos v cowboys

QUESTION: Does anyone know when the season draw is released?

ALSO: Does anyone know what the pool draws are?

patskE
01-10-07, 11:44 PM
hope we play melb, manly n cowboys in preseason so we only play em once hehe

DIEHARD
01-10-07, 11:53 PM
hope we play melb, manly n cowboys in preseason so we only play em once hehe

Hahaha nice tactics. I hope we play all Queensland teams twice though.

Robbie_Dee
02-10-07, 10:00 AM
i picked the dragons i think it should be the traditional season opener like the broncos v cowboys

QUESTION: Does anyone know when the season draw is released?

ALSO: Does anyone know what the pool draws are?

Here are the Pools.

Pool A:

Melbourne Storm
New Zealand Warriors

Parramatta Eels
Brisbane Broncos

Wests Tigers
Gold Coast Titans

St. George Illawarra Dragons
Penrith Panthers

Pool B:

Manly Sea Eagles
North Queensland Cowboys

Canterbury Bulldogs
South Sydney Rabbitohs

Sydney Roosters
Cronulla Sharks

Canberra Raiders
Newcastle Knights

* Each team plays every team in the other Pool twice
* Teams that are in the same pool play each other once, with the exception of the teams that are linked together.

Greg81
02-10-07, 10:54 AM
broncos play cowboys in rd 3, so a titans v broncos game in rd 1 is not out of the question. we should play sharks first, seeing as our 1st win was against them.

Coaster
02-10-07, 11:18 AM
broncos play cowboys in rd 3, so a titans v broncos game in rd 1 is not out of the question. we should play sharks first, seeing as our 1st win was against them.

Since when?

Broncos vs Cowboys round 1 last few years.

Also going by those polls, we only play the Broncos once?

Greg81
02-10-07, 12:10 PM
Since when?

Broncos vs Cowboys round 1 last few years.

Also going by those polls, we only play the Broncos once?

http://www.centenaryofrugbyleague.com.au/2008calendar.html#march

March 14/15/16/17, 2008
Round 1 of the 2008 NRL Telstra Premiership

Two of the game?s pioneers, South Sydney Rabbitohs and the Sydney Roosters, will be scheduled at Telstra Stadium in Round 1 as a Centenary feature match.

Wests Tigers will host a match at the SCG while the Gold Coast Titans will welcome the opening of their new home ground, Skilled Park.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Anniversary of the establishment of the Queensland Rugby Association in 1908
An esteemed list of Rugby League legends will gather at Suncorp Stadium for a luncheon to mark the 100-year anniversary of a governing body in Queensland.

Round 3 of the Telstra Premiership will incorporate a Queensland weekend, featuring the Brisbane Broncos and North Qld Cowboys at Suncorp Stadium and the Gold Coast Titans playing at Skilled Park.

HodgoBerro
02-10-07, 12:21 PM
read further down that page and it says that the weekend of april 19 is heritage round and the broncos play the titans that weekend

Coaster
02-10-07, 01:17 PM
http://www.centenaryofrugbyleague.com.au/2008calendar.html#march

March 14/15/16/17, 2008
Round 1 of the 2008 NRL Telstra Premiership

Two of the game?s pioneers, South Sydney Rabbitohs and the Sydney Roosters, will be scheduled at Telstra Stadium in Round 1 as a Centenary feature match.

Wests Tigers will host a match at the SCG while the Gold Coast Titans will welcome the opening of their new home ground, Skilled Park.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Anniversary of the establishment of the Queensland Rugby Association in 1908
An esteemed list of Rugby League legends will gather at Suncorp Stadium for a luncheon to mark the 100-year anniversary of a governing body in Queensland.

Round 3 of the Telstra Premiership will incorporate a Queensland weekend, featuring the Brisbane Broncos and North Qld Cowboys at Suncorp Stadium and the Gold Coast Titans playing at Skilled Park.

Good find Greg:clap: :clap:

eelectrica
02-10-07, 02:05 PM
So all this seems to be pointing to a Titans V Cowboys rd 1 clash then?

If so then :cool:

HodgoBerro
02-10-07, 02:19 PM
might i also add the reigning premier always seem to get the opening game of the season at home?

eelectrica
02-10-07, 02:24 PM
might i also add the reigning premier always seem to get the opening game of the season at home?

Seems to be the case. Also get their pick of rd 1. opponents.
Wouldn't surprise me if Melbourne picked St. George and Manly picked Parra as their respective opponents.

Hoppy2007Dragons
02-10-07, 06:01 PM
Dragons are playing west tigers in round one, so rulle them out as as round one with storm or the titans.

C-Whiz
02-10-07, 08:06 PM
Personally i wouldn't want to play a round 1 game against a team with a lot of support here on the Coast, especially at our new stadium. I'd rather have a full-house of TITANS supporters roaring the roof down. This rules out NZ (half the Coast), Canterbury, Parra, etc ..... I'd go with Canberra, judging by the turn-out at Carrara. And we've got some business to settle with them.

I like the idea of St George though. It was a top day up at Lang Park for round 1 even though we went down.

ps, my vote is based on the fact St George are unavailable.

PROMETHEUS
03-10-07, 10:07 PM
Titans vs Penriff :woot:

kioli
04-10-07, 03:37 PM
I don't mind who we play in rd 1 because it's guaranteed to be a sellout no matter what. Can't wait! :woot:

PROMETHEUS
09-10-07, 09:53 PM
Have seen a rumour on another site that we are playing Tigers round 1 at home...any confirmation?

Hoppy2007Dragons
09-10-07, 10:32 PM
Last i heard, Dragons were playing Tigers round 1.

Just have to wait and see i guees.

TITAN PETE
09-10-07, 10:51 PM
Have seen a rumour on another site that we are playing Tigers round 1 at home...any confirmation?

We are playing the Tigers in a trial match which will be the 1st game at Skilled so i don't think there is much chance of playing them in round 1.

PROMETHEUS
10-10-07, 12:02 AM
Thanks...like i posted,it was a rumour on another site,i guess the other poster was confused!:)

Queenslander
19-10-07, 06:51 PM
And the winner is.......the cowboys

read more here (http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=205733&posted=1)

Old Diehard
19-10-07, 06:57 PM
I just hope The Titans play the Cowboys in Townsville next year- I promised my youngist I'll take him ( he's a Cowboy fan!) and a couple of days at Magnetic will keep the Missus happy!

Unfortunately the 2 teams didn't play up there this year!

Cheap flights these days with Jetstar!

Queenslander
19-10-07, 06:58 PM
I just hope The Titans play the Cowboys in Townsville next year- I promised my youngist I'll take him ( he's a Cowboy fan!) and a couple of days at Magnetic will keep the Missus happy!

Unfortunately the 2 teams didn't play up there this year!

Cheap flights these days with Jetstar!

All Queensland teams will be playing each other twice, so the Titans will be up North next year :)

Old Diehard
19-10-07, 07:03 PM
All Queensland teams will be playing each other twice, so the Titans will be up North next year :)

Great as soon as the NRL roster for next year is out , I'll book plane tickets...Hope it's not school holidays as it's hard for me to get leave! But otherwise that's terrific news a game in Townsville! Thanks for the info Queenslander and if you hear when that would be great!

Queenslander
19-10-07, 07:06 PM
Great as soon as the NRL roster for next year is out , I'll book plane tickets...Hope it's not school holidays as it's hard for me to get leave! But otherwise that's terrific news a game in Townsville! Thanks for the info Queenslander and if you hear when that would be great!

I am doing the best I can considering the article that I have posted isn't "officially" published on the NRL website yet ;)

The full draw should be out tonight just keep checking here (http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=11218)

Old Diehard
19-10-07, 07:26 PM
I am doing the best I can considering the article that I have posted isn't "officially" published on the NRL website yet ;)

The full draw should be out tonight just keep checking here (http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=11218)

Your a Champ...If I don't see tonight, I'll open this site tomoorrow and book holidays straight away (if they aren't taken!)...

Got to admit already got next years Sydney Grand Final booked off and the Titans game in Townsville will top it off!

Queenslander
19-10-07, 07:32 PM
Your a Champ...If I don't see tonight, I'll open this site tomoorrow and book holidays straight away (if they aren't taken!)...

Got to admit already got next years Sydney Grand Final booked off and the Titans game in Townsville will top it off!

I have the pdf file now...the link is found here (http://www.nrl.com/portals/0/docs/2008_TelstraPremiershipDraw.pdf)

Coaster
19-10-07, 07:42 PM
Whoah wow awesome stuff.

Titans vs Cowboys Skilled park round One:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Also notable

We have Bulldogs first SOO week

And Storm at Home second SOO, with there stars out

First 3/4 of draw is awesome for us, last 4 games are hard

Titanium_BD1103
20-10-07, 12:56 PM
Very hard Coaster... I mean some tough matches against some sides that could really cause an issue if they come on their day... :)

Very pleased to see Cowboys first up... good derby and well deserved, and a nice steady run in the draw until the last few, can't complain and have to say it's nice work.... :D

minibeave
20-10-07, 01:46 PM
crap that is gonna be a hard game if u follow the cowboys

DIEHARD
20-10-07, 04:52 PM
What an intense opening matching and christening game at Skilled Park will this be! I thought it would be an amazing atmosphere but this will turbo charge it with a REAL and passionate rivalry taking place on the field.