PDA

View Full Version : Manly captain

Super Cronk
15-11-05, 10:26 AM
Who do you think should be captain of manly in 2006?

Teegy
15-11-05, 10:33 AM
Menzies IMO. he is a true MAnly player who has been loyal to his club for his whole career and deserves the honor

Titanium_BD1103
15-11-05, 10:33 AM
Matt Orford... a good player who can lead a side.. I think at times Monaghan was lost with the captaincy.. especially that game against The Bulldogs at Brookvale, that was cardinal captaincy error to allow a fight to break out with the whole side in it.. IMO.

Orford has shown at Melbourne he is cool under pressure and is a strong player who can rally and guide his troops.

Either Orford or Menzies.. he deserves it with all the time he has been at the club.. but I am not sure Menzies wants it anymore.. :)

Super Cronk
15-11-05, 10:36 AM
Matt Orford... a good player who can lead a side.. I think at times Monaghan was lost with the captaincy.. especially that game against us at Brookvale, that was cardinal captaincy error to allow a fight to break out with the whole side in it.. IMO.

Orford has shown at Melbourne he is cool under pressure and is a strong player who can rally and guide his troops.

Either Orford or Menzies.. he deserves it with all the time he has been at the club.. but I am not sure Menzies wants it anymore.. :)

We must have been watching a different matt orford .

I voted menzies as he is very experinced and on many occasions has lifted the manly side when they were down and really does rally the others together.

although with that being said 'monas' did a great job in 05 i thought. But the club doesnt seem to want him around anymore.

DeeGan
15-11-05, 11:01 AM
Matt Orford?

I think it would detract from his game in all honesty. Orford has enough problems in coming up big versus top teams and halfbacks, let him concentrate on making the next step to the level of Johns, Gower, Kimmorley and Prince.

Steve Menzies from what I know does not want the job, though if he was interested, he is the ideal captain and I was surprised to see him stand down.

Ben Kennedy proved a admirable fill-in captain for the Newcaslte Knights when required and I like him with the (c) next to his name. He leads from the front and has the respect on and off the field of the rugby league community. With BK looking to cut back on his rep committments, he would be available to concentrate 100% on getting Manly deeper into the finals. He is my choice.

Michael Monaghan did a GREAT job when given the role. He should keep the captaincy though his fate is all but sealed when you have it being debated. In short, the writing is on the wall. It's a shame.

DeeGan

Titanium_BD1103
15-11-05, 12:22 PM
I only saw glimpses of Matt Orford.. and from what I saw there he was quite a good leader.. but they are your side Super Cronk so you would know better..

As for Michael Monaghan.. he was a good captain.. but he kept arguing with the refs.. you can't have an ill disciplined captain and Monaghan showed that way too often last season...

I don't know how many games I watched with Manly in them, where the ref was close to sending Monaghan to the sin bin for dissent... he kept pestering the ref.. we kept going on at him about it at the game at Brookie... :D

I would love to see Menzies captain.. but because he doesn't want it.. I reckon either Kennedy or Orford.. Kennedy is the more likely option though... :)

Kallan
15-11-05, 06:29 PM
Menzie, he deserves it after play for Manly for so long and showing his loyalty, he would make a very good captain for Manly.

ridgey
15-11-05, 06:42 PM
i'd rather see the eagles look to the future.
anthony watmough would be my choice,like BK he plays with his heart on his sleeve and is a local junior who is eagles through and through and now being a representitive player needs to lead from the front.BK would be a good short term option but how much longer will he and beaver go around.

..::Coops::..
15-11-05, 07:33 PM
Matt Orford?

Steve Menzies from what I know does not want the job, though if he was interested, he is the ideal captain and I was surprised to see him stand down.

DeeGan

yeah steve menzies doens't want it, otherwise i would have voted for him,
but i think michael monagan did a great job last year and should retain it in 06.
noway should orford get it

Sharks
15-11-05, 09:13 PM
BK best player and leader at Manly.Menzies doesnt have what it takes to lead by example.Enough said.

Steelers
15-11-05, 09:24 PM
Monaghan