PDA

View Full Version : Scott Prince for the Kangaroos?

DIEHARD
31-07-07, 12:27 AM
Scott Prince has to be in for a chance to grab the #7 Kangaroos jersey for our Test Match against the Kiwis.

Especially if Thurston has to overcome injuries.

lonegull
31-07-07, 06:15 AM
got to agree the way he was playing before he got injured, was great and surely his named will get a mention come selection time, maybe thurston to 5/8th princey halfback or princey 5/8th he did start his career as a 5/8th

Blunt_Beno
31-07-07, 01:34 PM
well thurston would be a better 5/8 then prince i reckon. i think cooper cronk may get a go if thurston is out.

Chaos
31-07-07, 08:48 PM
well thurston would be a better 5/8 then prince i reckon. i think cooper cronk may get a go if thurston is out.

Would you put Cooper Cronk in front of Prince?

Capital_Shark
31-07-07, 08:59 PM
Would you put Cooper Cronk in front of Prince?

Cam Smith at 9 will significantly help his chances.

vanilla
31-07-07, 09:00 PM
shane perry + toni caroll for australian halves :D ............. anyone agree

Capital_Shark
31-07-07, 09:01 PM
shane perry + toni caroll for australian halves :D ............. anyone agree

I'm the sure the Kiwis would.

vanilla
31-07-07, 09:03 PM
I'm the sure the Kiwis would.

the kiwis would still lose if perry just kept kicking it at vatuvei

Throb
31-07-07, 09:38 PM
Cam Smith at 9 will significantly help his chances.

Also - the fact that Cooper will be playing finals footy - g'teed - will help his odds a lot.

In any case this one off game probably does not hold too much significance in terms of shaking out the incumbents Locky and thurston for future games.

Personally - I'd like to see Locky hang up the boots while he is on top...

Queenslander
01-08-07, 07:48 AM
Cooper Cronk's already established partnership with Cam Smith will probably get him over the line. If Thurston is also out injured I would expect to see

6. Greg Inglis
7. Cooper Cronk

Personally - I'd like to see Locky hang up the boots while he is on top...

That's why Lockyer is retiring after the World Cup next year ;)

Chaos
01-08-07, 04:15 PM
Did you guys see Storm play Roosters...Cooper Cronk was the difference between the two teams and the difference was a Storm loss.

I like Cronk as a half back but he's no Prince

Capital_Shark
01-08-07, 04:20 PM
Did you guys see Storm play Roosters...Cooper Cronk was the difference between the two teams and the difference was a Storm loss.

I like Cronk as a half back but he's no Prince

Your gonna rate him on that game? C'mon that was a massive lapse in performance across the board from the Melbourne players.

I agree Prince is the better half. I just think, like others have said, finals footy and his combination with certainties for the green and gold like Inglis and Smith will see him get the spot if it's vacant.

Chaos
01-08-07, 04:27 PM
Your gonna rate him on that game? C'mon that was a massive lapse in performance across the board from the Melbourne players.

I agree Prince is the better half. I just think, like others have said, finals footy and his combination with certainties for the green and gold like Inglis and Smith will see him get the spot if it's vacant.

I don't think that a guy should miss out on a Kangaroo jersey because the lesser player has a team member already in the side.
I don't believe that the Storm combinations are based around Cronk.

I would love to see Prince play with Smith and
I would love to see a great 5/8 recieve the opportunities Prince provides.

League Lover
01-08-07, 04:59 PM
1.Bowen
6.Thurston
7.Prince
9.Smith

:( to bad im a kiwi

Robbie_Dee
01-08-07, 07:58 PM
The possibilities are endless, even without Lockyer!

Cronk & Prince...As a player Prince has it over Cronk any day. No doubt Prince deserves it, as he has been in fantastic form, but taking into account Storms form, and Cam Smith...tough call. And really, if Thurston doesn't overcome this lot of injuries he is figting ATM, Cronk + Prince would be the better option the way I see it.

Who ever it is, I'm sure we will still carve up! :clap:

Blunt_Beno
01-08-07, 10:43 PM
my ideal 4 would be
1. matty bowen
6. darren lockyer
7. jonathon thurston
9. robbie farah

but with current injuries id put either prince or cronk in at number 7. cronk if cam smith is the hooker which he more than likely will be.

Steelers
01-08-07, 11:10 PM
I think with Lockyer out, the halves combo should be Thurston in the 6 and Prince in the 7. Knowing the Aussie selectors though, someone like Kimmorley or Orford would probably get a run...

And with the absence of Lockyer, if Karmichael Hunt somehow makes the squad I will once again abandon any inkling of support for the Australian team.

TITANS007
02-08-07, 09:29 AM
I think with Lockyer out, the halves combo should be Thurston in the 6 and Prince in the 7. Knowing the Aussie selectors though, someone like Kimmorley or Orford would probably get a run...

And with the absence of Lockyer, if Karmichael Hunt somehow makes the squad I will once again abandon any inkling of support for the Australian team.

:rolf:

And I agree with the Prince/Thurston combo too!

Blunt_Beno
02-08-07, 05:12 PM
i agree with steelers haha. if hunt is the aussie fullback again i think ill cry haha.

Capital_Shark
02-08-07, 06:19 PM
If Hunt IS NOT the Aussie fullback with Mini out, something is wrong.

Throb
02-08-07, 10:22 PM
my ideal 4 would be
1. matty bowen
6. darren lockyer
7. jonathon thurston
9. robbie farah

but with current injuries id put either prince or cronk in at number 7. cronk if cam smith is the hooker which he more than likely will be.

No way will Farah get the nod over Cam Smith. He had a good game vs the Tigers Monday, but the fact he is leading the Dally M's just goes to show that it is rigged. eg he got points in the game vs titans even though he sucked that night.

TITANS007
04-08-07, 10:32 AM
No way will Farah get the nod over Cam Smith. He had a good game vs the Tigers Monday, but the fact he is leading the Dally M's just goes to show that it is rigged. eg he got points in the game vs titans even though he sucked that night.

Too right. I have thought the Dally M's have been a joke for some time now. Once the selectors get a favourite, they stick with them even if they don't have a good game. I remember this happening when Thurston won. Both he and Joey had ordinary games and yet scored 3 points each. Joey even got the 3 points in a losing side!!! Totally rigged and rubbishes the Dally M name IMO.