PDA

View Full Version : Any Truth in the rumour: Jets to leave Titans

Old Diehard
25-07-07, 07:49 AM
I'm hearing from my contacts at Aspley that Ipswich Jets are looking at leaving the Gold Coast Titans "fold" and becoming another feeder club for the Broncos next year.No names on who said it, but from the Leagues Club hierachy.

Anyone else heard this?

Steve
25-07-07, 08:05 AM
No idea.
Surely they don't want their club to be ripped apart and left to die.

lonegull
25-07-07, 08:14 AM
Ipswich close to renewing links with Titans

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE Ipswich Jets are close to stitching up a new three-year deal with the Gold Coast Titans.

In a massive boost for the Jets, the National Rugby League's newest club is keen to continue its affiliation with Ipswich.

"They're really happy with the way things have gone this year," Jets CEO Brad Wolens said yesterday following a meeting with Titans boss Michael Searle.

"The Titans are really keen to move forward with us."

The Jets have this season acted as one of the Titans' three feeder clubs.

The arrangement has delivered the likes of Chris Walker, Brad Meyers, Smith Samau, Kris Kahler and Jake Webster to the Jets doorstep.

http://www.qrl.com.au

i couldnt see the jets pulling out aftre reading this article which was posted earlier in the year

Queenslander
25-07-07, 09:43 AM
I'm hearing from my contacts at Aspley that Ipswich Jets are looking at leaving the Gold Coast Titans "fold" and becoming another feeder club for the Broncos next year.No names on who said it, but from the Leagues Club hierachy.

Anyone else heard this?

As lonegull posted it has been reported in the media that the Titans and Jets are seeking a three year deal. I have not heard it been confirmed as done and dusted.

It wouldn't surprise me that other clubs will be interested in Ipswich as they are a fertile breeding ground for league juniors.