PDA

View Full Version : Round 21: Gold Coast Titans v Wests Tigers / Blade & Legion photo

DIEHARD
22-07-07, 08:24 PM
Gold Coast Titans vs Wests Tigers
Carrara Stadium; Saturday 4th August, 5:30PM

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx13933.jpgvshttp://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx11911.gif

THE LEGION will be sitting near the score board, just outside the entrance to the non-alcohol section. Look for the big flags!

Come and join us, don't be shy!

Tickets: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TITANGC07&searchId=2d951c85-02a5-4763-94be-e72df8c94033

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And don't forget your chance to have a photo with Blade!

The West Tigers game is on a Saturday night 4th of August at 5:30pm.

My appearance time will be at 4:30pm so we can make it for 4:45pm, 4th August behind the Dressing Shed at Carrara Stadium

Look for the guy in the big blue suit again.

All the best guys
Dee

C-Whiz
23-07-07, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I'll be there again. Let's see if we can break our previous record! :)

BLADE
26-07-07, 03:56 PM
Come on Gold Coast fans. We must be able to do better than a dozen people. Let everyone know about the photo opportunity.

I wanna see as many people as possible. I don't care how hot it gets in the suit. Fire up and show me your colours next Saturday night.

If it is one thing I have noticed whilst walking around the field, It is how passionate the away team fans have been at the Titans games. They let me know who they are supporting.

ITS TIME FOR TEAM SPIRIT, TRADITION AND PRIDE

HodgoBerro
26-07-07, 04:35 PM
id love to come down but the logistics of getting there from north lakes is a bit inconvenient for me

jenwood
26-07-07, 05:04 PM
I'll be there for sure and will drag the rest of my Titans family along too!!!

HodgoBerro
29-07-07, 09:11 PM
I'm on the maybe lists at the moment - i finish work at 12pm saturday which in turn gives me heaps of time to get to carrara. However I'm going to the all important Broncos vs Manly game (20th Season Celebration Game) the next day. I had a late night last night and I wish not to do it again (go sunnybank Yay......)

Is there free public transport to the game? If so I might look in to getting there.

Steve
30-07-07, 08:41 AM
Is there free public transport to the game? If so I might look in to getting there.

There is no free transport to the matches at Carrara.
Only a shuttle bus from the train station. You still have to purchase a valid train ticket.

HodgoBerro
30-07-07, 01:36 PM
thanks for the heads up steve

Unfortunately doing my maths its gonna cost me $15 in train fares to get to the ground and its almost the same for the game ticket so I'll have to give it a miss :(

Maybe next year as I have made other arrangements for the last home game

BringBackWillie
30-07-07, 09:54 PM
I will be there! Won't miss the photo with Blade for sure

Also will be bringing my banners Diehard, so please remember some extra poles. I'm sure Steve will be looking forward to some more banner waving! :woot:

After watching the Tigers demolish the Cowboys tonight - we're in for a tough game! What a confidence booster it'll be when we beat them on Sat nite!

Steelers
30-07-07, 11:31 PM
If it was 20km away rather than 200km+ away, I would definately turn up :p Hopefully I will be able to meet up with you all next year down at Robina when the Dragons come up to give you another beating :p

DIEHARD
30-07-07, 11:53 PM
Roll call guys. Who is gonna be there?

I am bringing two extra people.

Steve
31-07-07, 07:02 AM
I think I best buy my ticket before something crops up. Definitely want to make the last two home games. I'll see if I can drag a few other people along too.

Steve
31-07-07, 03:50 PM
Just got my ticket!
I'll be there with bells on!

Well, not literally.

dee13
31-07-07, 05:49 PM
I will be there :rolf:

Count in a couple of kids and the better half.

tigerdan
31-07-07, 06:26 PM
hey guys
just wondering what is the ruling on large flags
can we get them in?

it should be a good game and atmosphere
there around 40 to 50 fanatics coming up nto the game

we'll come round and say

and if any of guys are interested maybe meet up 4 some drinks b4 or after the game

Dragons
31-07-07, 06:43 PM
hey guys
just wondering what is the ruling on large flags
can we get them in?

it should be a good game and atmosphere
there around 40 to 50 fanatics coming up nto the game

we'll come round and say

and if any of guys are interested maybe meet up 4 some drinks b4 or after the game

Will leave the milk at the gate, Good to see you are a friendly bunch. I wont be there but hope the other Titans fans like to mingle with the other mob. :)

BringBackWillie
31-07-07, 07:44 PM
Me + 3 others (one unfortunately will be a Tigers supporter)

DIEHARD
02-08-07, 11:41 AM
C-Whiz, you in?

shamus
02-08-07, 02:54 PM
Hey Diehard....I will be there, I haven't missed a home game yet..I am normally up in stand 2 but will pop down and say hello at some stage....I will bring by Boofheaded brother-In-law with me (TitanTones).........C U then.

C-Whiz
02-08-07, 07:06 PM
C-Whiz, you in?

Yeah mate, sorry, there's about 3 threads going for this game....

Yep, I'm in, sneaking away from an engagement party for a couple of hours, bringing my flag, my voice and a new banner I made. I'll try to rope in a few mates for the scoreboard end, and I'll be there for the BLADE photo-op.

I think that's about it.

DIEHARD
03-08-07, 09:29 AM
Awesome!

I have a new flag for the game tomorrow night. :woot:

PUP*23
03-08-07, 09:15 PM
I'll be there, same as every other game this year.

BringBackWillie
03-08-07, 10:29 PM
Diehard - remember the sticks!
If there are any changes to the Blade photo shoot or whatever, SMS me. I'm off line now - ready for an early trip home :woot:

Boofhead
04-08-07, 09:01 AM
Might miss the photo but will be there for the game. Still in Cairns atm. :P

DIEHARD
04-08-07, 09:36 AM
Might miss the photo but will be there for the game. Still in Cairns atm. :P

Wow, you had better hussle. Hope you are wearing your Titans gear representing up north. ;)

Boofhead
04-08-07, 09:46 AM
Wow, you had better hussle. Hope you are wearing your Titans gear representing up north. ;)

At the airport now. :p

Took my away jersey up... Lost it during the week. :mad:

Seeya at the game guys.

dee13
04-08-07, 10:34 AM
Remember 4:45pm all you fanatics
See you there
Dee

GCT_89
04-08-07, 11:07 AM
will be going early to watch the qld cup game, where is the blade photo-op going to be? <behind **insert stand number here**>

Queenslander
04-08-07, 11:26 AM
will be going early to watch the qld cup game, where is the blade photo-op going to be? <behind **insert stand number here**>

The blade photo-op is behind the dressing sheds, as stated in the first post ;)

Steve
04-08-07, 09:45 PM
Thought i'd upload some photos of the legion!
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/round21/legion-2.jpg

The lass took 3 photos, and in every one someone was blinking, looking away or doing something, so this one will do. Hopefully BringBackWillie has a good one!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/round21/blade.jpg

Blade at the photo opportunity.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/round21/diehard.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/round21/diehard-2.jpg

Diehard and his flags!

Boofhead
05-08-07, 03:47 AM
Steve! We were on TV lol!

What a game eh, wish I was around a bit earlier to jump in on the photos. :(

Saw Mich Searle at Melbas tonight and gave him a hug haha.

Steve
05-08-07, 08:56 AM
We were! :D
Was a great game, looking forward to the next!

Haha, I'm sure he appreciated it. :D

DIEHARD
05-08-07, 10:20 AM
Wow what a night. In alot of ways that was the best night of the year.

It was great to get so many people at the game. Not only in the Legion but at the match. We got over 17,000 to a match with our team coming off a 5 game losing streak, that is testament to our fans loyalty.

The new flag was fantastic. I absolutely love it.

C Whiz's banner massive banner was amazing, I can't believe how much work he put into it.

And the drum worked a charm, with some great drumming from Mel.

We'll just get better and better, I'm looking forward to the Roosters game.

DIEHARD
05-08-07, 10:46 AM
It was also great to meet Adam (GCT 89) who seems like a real champion.

An absolute passionate Titans fan if there ever was one. Mad keen.

And also Shamus!

dee13
05-08-07, 07:55 PM
Hey there guys,

An awesome night all round.We should do it again at the last match. Another photo op that is. My appearance is at 1pm before the Roosters game.

That was a hard nights work. The suit has been to Sydney and back, The zip has been fixed at the back. Its great in one way, but, this also means that the heat cannot escape and cool air cannot get in. When I got out of the suit just before half time, I was dizzy and took me about 15 minutes to cool down. But thats part of the job. I do this because I love the Titans. At the end of the night I get out of the suit with a massive smile on my face because I put smiles on the faces of 100's of little Titans fans and for some, meeting Blade is the highlight of their night.

All the best
TITAN FOR LIFE

Dee/Blade

GCT_89
06-08-07, 01:09 PM
Hey there guys,

An awesome night all round.We should do it again at the last match. Another photo op that is. My appearance is at 1pm before the Roosters game.

That was a hard nights work. The suit has been to Sydney and back, The zip has been fixed at the back. Its great in one way, but, this also means that the heat cannot escape and cool air cannot get in. When I got out of the suit just before half time, I was dizzy and took me about 15 minutes to cool down. But thats part of the job. I do this because I love the Titans. At the end of the night I get out of the suit with a massive smile on my face because I put smiles on the faces of 100's of little Titans fans and for some, meeting Blade is the highlight of their night.

All the best
TITAN FOR LIFE

Dee/Blade

yea i remember seeing you before the game when you hoped out of the suit real quick for a photo and you were absolutley saturated!.....lol

lets try and get a record attendance from the legion at the roosters game in a fortnight!!:D

big photo-op with flags, banners, the legion and of course blade!:woot:

jenwood
06-08-07, 01:54 PM
Well done Blade. You are a legend! Im sure that those kids who get to hug you or have a photo with you will be talking about it for a long time. You make their day!!! Champion.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BringBackWillie
06-08-07, 08:58 PM
That was overall GREAT - great fun, great drumming, great waving, great banner holding, great coaching, great win! :woot:

PS - do you think our Tigers mates caught your flu Diehard? :rolf:

BringBackWillie
06-08-07, 08:59 PM
Uploading photos tomorrow!

It was awesome to get the photos with Blade!

Steve
06-08-07, 09:37 PM
See! I didn't break a single thing!
Although I almost spilt Boof's beer with the flag. :D

Titantones
06-08-07, 09:53 PM
We could see all the flags flying from stand 2 (members), they looked great well done. We had a lot of support on Saturday and it will only get better for the Roosters game.

Bring it on

Go the mighty Titans

Nathalie
07-08-07, 02:49 PM
There is no free transport to the matches at Carrara.
Only a shuttle bus from the train station. You still have to purchase a valid train ticket.

There actually is free train travel if you pre-purchase your match tickets :) If there are ticket inspectors on the train then you just have to show them your ticket.

BringBackWillie
07-08-07, 08:20 PM
Here's the best photo that was taken from the night...

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w318/BringBackWillie/Titans/LegionandBlade.jpg

Steve
07-08-07, 08:40 PM
There actually is free train travel if you pre-purchase your match tickets :) If there are ticket inspectors on the train then you just have to show them your ticket.

There's free travel on the local bus service, NOT on QR services. That is only for games at Suncorp. Believe me, i've checked!
The trankslink website lists transport information close to game day, and that also says to catch a train to Nerang for a free shuttle, but you have to buy a valid train ticket for the journey.

GCT_89
08-08-07, 09:25 AM
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/9581/thelegionvg8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

just thought i would put some usernames to faces...... sorry i couldnt remeber everyone....... :)

Steve
08-08-07, 09:52 AM
Good idea, and I love the bubbles!

I didn't put names because I couldn't quite remember everyone either. :D

Coaster
08-08-07, 11:13 AM
Bring back willie? use to be a Broncos supporter didnt you?

I think i remember seeing you in BHQ photos

DIEHARD
08-08-07, 11:22 AM
She still does follow the Bronx as well.

Love the bubbles GCT 89!

I have to say speaking to Dee13 when he is in the suit is really surreal, because you hear his voice but stare at the inanimate Blade helmet.

BringBackWillie
08-08-07, 10:18 PM
Yeah, that's me. Broncos and Titans are my teams! :) Cowboys too if I need the extra footy game that weekend

One question for Dee13/Blade - why does Blade seem only to have 1 eye?

DIEHARD
09-08-07, 08:56 AM
One question for Dee13/Blade - why does Blade seem only to have 1 eye?

He is snarling.

dee13
11-08-07, 12:09 PM
One question for Dee13/Blade - why does Blade seem only to have 1 eye?[/QUOTE]

Blade is meant to be winking.

My version of the one eye theory is "Blade is a one eyed Titans fanatic"

DIEHARD
11-08-07, 12:14 PM
My version of the one eye theory is "Blade is a one eyed Titans fanatic"

Sounds good to me! I like the hidden meaning.

Nathalie
12-08-07, 01:37 PM
There's free travel on the local bus service, NOT on QR services. That is only for games at Suncorp. Believe me, i've checked!
The trankslink website lists transport information close to game day, and that also says to catch a train to Nerang for a free shuttle, but you have to buy a valid train ticket for the journey.

Steve lol.. I've checked too, and you do get free train travel to the games at Carrara. We were even on the way to a Titans home game on the train and so were several other people on our carriage, and there were ticket inspectors.. we just all showed them our tickets :p So stop wasting your money you silly poopy head

Steve
12-08-07, 05:09 PM
Steve lol.. I've checked too, and you do get free train travel to the games at Carrara. We were even on the way to a Titans home game on the train and so were several other people on our carriage, and there were ticket inspectors.. we just all showed them our tickets :p So stop wasting your money you silly poopy head

Not according to the QR/Translink websites!

Probably noone told the inspectors. ;)

BringBackWillie
12-08-07, 08:52 PM
Sounds good to me! I like the hidden meaning.

Noooooo :( Last time I saw a clown with one eye and it freaked me out!!! I think I'll stick to the initial reason :duh:

Nathalie
13-08-07, 07:54 AM
Not according to the QR/Translink websites!

Probably noone told the inspectors. ;)

Haha that doesn't bother me! But I've actually always been told by the staff at the stations that you get to travel free... hm... as long as I get the free travel it's all good :D

Nathalie
15-08-07, 10:51 AM
Guess what Steve - you do get free train travel - just heard this ad on the radio for the game this Sunday. 'Titans fans who pre-purchase their tickets travel free with Translink' :p Nerny nerny nerrrrrrrrrrrr

Fampa
18-08-07, 09:44 PM
I'm in the pic. But I only have the Dolphins jersey.

Old School fan :D