PDA

View Full Version : New X Files movie

DIEHARD
22-07-07, 06:28 PM
Thank god. Being one of Titans.com.au cheif nerds and geeks, I hail the news with great enthusiasm.

About time we have a new movie, there is all this mythology to wrap up but it will probably end up being another project that raises more question than answers.

But I have heard that the movie will have a stand alone story, which will just make it a glorified episode in my eyes, still not a bad thing though, I love the X Files.

But I want them to focus on the mythology.

But at least Dana and Mulder will be part of the new movie!

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Capital_Shark
23-07-07, 05:34 PM
I read about this somewhere the other day and while it didn't raise an eye brow with me as I never got into The X-Files I knew you'd be over the moon about it.

Apparently its the original writers and actors and stuff too so thats gotta make you even happier. When I started reading it I was imagining piss poor excuses for Scully and Mulder and it being more of a dash for cash thing cause the creators had pissed away their money from the series and out sourcing it for royalty checks would buy them some time with the coke dealer's hired muscle.

Hoppy2007Dragons
24-07-07, 10:33 AM
i look forward to it with great anticipation.

PROMETHEUS
28-07-07, 10:35 PM
http://au.movies.ign.com/articles/805/805046p1.html

Link..seems it will be filmed November with a release in the American summer.

DIEHARD
02-11-07, 06:15 AM
The sequel is out there: X-Files return to big screen

A LONG-AWAITED movie sequel to the X-Files has been confirmed by 20th Century Fox, it was reported in the US today.

The film, a spin-off from the cult television series which ran between 1993 and 2002, will see actors David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprise their roles as FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, Daily Variety reported.

The sequel will see series creator Chris Carter directing once again, with filming to start in December and July 25, 2008 pencilled in as the release date.

Plot details remain a tightly guarded secret although Variety said the film will be a stand-alone story and thriller.

http://www.news.com.au

eelectrica
02-11-07, 08:22 AM
Excellent. Heard rumours about this one for a while.
Looking forward to it.

DIEHARD
02-11-07, 09:33 AM
It's going to be a bit of a let down if it isn't part of the mythology.

But I'll take it especially if it is something else that is just as good.

I love the X Files!

Super Cronk
02-11-07, 04:49 PM
i loved the x-files, the first movie wasnt too bad. Cant wait for the second.