PDA

View Full Version : What's Going On?

Kelvinator
21-07-07, 10:06 AM
I don't know how coaching staff pick who will line up for the titans every weekend, but for mine, they are not doing a very good job. There are players playing for the Titans who probably shouldn't even be playing Q cup.

After watching many Tweed Heads games this year, it is a great surprise that Chris Enahoro has still not had a crack at first grade - while Kris Kahler makes the team every week. Enahoro has been outstanding for Tweed in every game that I have watched this year - possibly the best on field in at least five or six of the games. And you have a player like Daniel Conn, who comes back from 6 weeks off with a broken wrist, plays one game for Tweed off the bench, and then plays first grade the next week. Not to mention Kris Kahler. What first grade player stops at the line because they are about to be tackled????? It is no wonder the titans have lost four in a row! Injury crisis or not, there comes a time when some players have to be dropped and players that have earnt a right to have a crack at first grade are given it.

travop
21-07-07, 12:20 PM
yea i agree we should get more qld cup players into the a grade teams and get campbel outta there there hes just not good anymore

DIEHARD
21-07-07, 12:48 PM
I would love for more Queensland Cup players to be considered. I'm a great watcher of our feeder clubs when possible and have my eye on a good handful of players I believe can make the step up.

Though I guess most of those players are backs and not forwards.

The club must not want to risk too many players without NRL experience. There are possibly other factors in bringing them up that we don't realise.

Chris Enahoro. I will keep an eye out for him.

Steve
21-07-07, 01:15 PM
I'm guessing there could be salary cap issues with some of the feeder club players. Not having a full understanding of how it works, i'm not sure on that. But I have heard of clubs having trouble due to so many injuries, if they were to field a full team, they'd breach the cap.

Also, they may have deficiencies in their games we just don't know about.
NRL is a whole new level to Qld Cup, and both the Titans and feeder club coaching staff may have pinpointed areas of their games that need improving before they get the call up.

These are just two things that spring to mind, very likely it's something else again!

Steve Dangerous
21-07-07, 07:31 PM
It's always a big ask for a feeder player to step up to the plate when times are tough, though. I mean when things are going well, you can easily slip them in and let them rack up some experience and confidence, but when it's backs against the wall sorta stuff you're really throwing them into the thick of it, not the easiest way to blood new talent.

Rogers Magic
22-07-07, 11:15 AM
After watching the great battle between Redcliff and Tweed yesterday Chris Enahoro looks like he could step up. Played another good game yesterday and could provide another option to the pack.

Also out of the game, our second Walker signing looks as exciting as ever. Needs a little work on his ball carryinng, but I wait with anticipation to see him wear the Titans colors. :)

PROMETHEUS
22-07-07, 11:22 AM
Just on Kris Kahler..
With all due respect,he was probably signed for depth,and in an ideal world he may not have played as many games as he has..
But i agree,who stops at the defensive line?
Keep running goddammit!:duh:

patskE
22-07-07, 06:02 PM
kahlar shouldnt be in the team
keep walker at fb
campbell to 5/8
give some qrl guys a go
cant hurt tbh