PDA

View Full Version : Titans: Would you sign Matt Head for 2007?

DeeGan
14-11-05, 12:44 PM
Titans: Would you sign Matt Head for 2007?

With St George Illawarra possibly releasing Matt Head for cap reasons if they are unable to unload Lance Thompson, the question has to be posed to our virtual Gold Coast Titans selectors, would you sign Matt Head to the Titans?

Whilst we will look at making a bid for Scott Prince, he is no certainty to be a Gold Coast Titan and we have to look at other options in the market.

Matt Head is coming off a major knee injury and 2006 will be a year of trial and tribulation. He will have his ups and downs though by 2007 he should be good to go for a club willing to give sign him.

For the right price, would you take a punt on Matt Head?

When healthy, he is a potential rep player for mine though he has to answer the same question as other players have been asked when coming back from a knee injury...

"Can you be the same player?"

If he can, Matt Head would come at a cheaper price than test halfback Scott Prince. There will be alot of interest in seeing how Head comes back from injury in 2006 for which ever club has his services.

DeeGan

Dakink
14-11-05, 12:45 PM
YES YES AND YES.

A great no.7 who can win games on his own. (Rooster Anzac clash)

Would be perfect for the Titans.

DeeGan
14-11-05, 12:46 PM
YES YES AND YES.

A great no.7 who can win games on his own. (Rooster Anzac clash)

Would be perfect for the Titans.

How is the knee injury though Dakink?

Is he back for the Dragons pre-season as yet?

DeeGan

Research Station Drive
14-11-05, 01:16 PM
Matt Head is a special player, I'm a huge fan.

He'd go great guns with the Titans, I would HATE to see him leave the Dragons. Fantastic short kicking game, creative half, a little on the small side with defensive question marks.

His knee will be fine Deegan. He apparantly could have played in the Major Semi and GF if we'd been desperate, but clearly you're not going to throw a bloke with no match fitness into the finals.

The Dragons have just spent a fair bit of money putting him through the same intensive knee rehab program that Andrew Johns went through.

I can't see the Dragons losing him.

Steelers
14-11-05, 04:17 PM
I hope not for the Dragons sake ;) but if he has to go somewhere, it would be great to see him a Titan in 2007

Titanium_BD1103
14-11-05, 06:46 PM
I would as he is a very talented player who showed much promise for the Dragons in 05 before he was injured...

However if Scott Prince comes here, we have a half back... and a five eighth in Preston.. or the other way around... but either way.. there would be no space for Head. So if Prince comes no.. if not then of course... he would be a great asset... :D :D

dan the man
14-11-05, 06:56 PM
he is a good kicker in all aspects.. he has great vision.. however we have preston and i think that our halves will be to small..... i am of the opinion that a great half combination should have a big running half... eg trent.. eg..cronk.. eg.. scott hill.. i know it is not necessary but it is an advantage.. it could expose us to too many defensive dramas

Luke
14-11-05, 07:13 PM
Yes, in my opinion i think he is a great player and ca easily be a future rep player

Friend
15-11-05, 02:58 PM
Yeah i would sign him.If titans cant get Prince then the next best half back they could get would be Head. If he does move they lets hope his knee is alright.

The Original Idiot
15-11-05, 04:07 PM
He's worth signing, but wait for prince to make a decision.

Dakink
16-11-05, 11:51 AM
With Prince looking like being a Tiger - I say get im Rex!

DeeGan
16-11-05, 12:02 PM
The mutual parting of ways with Thompson and the Dragons more than likely ensures Matt Head will not be released for cap reasons.

Back to the drawing board lol :)

DeeGan

Super Cronk
16-11-05, 01:53 PM
The mutual parting of ways with Thompson and the Dragons more than likely ensures Matt Head will not be released for cap reasons.

Back to the drawing board lol :)

:) these means cronk can rip up! :laugh: