PDA

View Full Version : NRL: Lance's lawyer threatens Dragons

DeeGan
14-11-05, 12:50 PM
Lance's lawyer threatens Dragons
By Jeff Dunne
November 14, 2005

HIGH-profile Sydney lawyer Chris Murphy has threatened to take the Lance Thompson case to court if the veteran Dragons player is sacked by St George-Illawarra.

Thompson must front the Dragons board tomorrow to show cause why he should not be sacked for misconduct.

He has been accused by the club of sending a threatening text message to teammate Justin Poore on the day of the preliminary final against Wests Tigers.

Murphy warned yesterday he was ready for battle and threatened to take the matter to the courts.

"This case is a hair's breath away from expensive litigation," Murphy said.

"Let them bring the evidence and I'll tear them to shreds. I have a perfect record of a conversation between Poore and Thompson in which it is clearly indicated there are no issues between them."

It is unclear if Poore will be present at the hearing but Murphy said he wanted to get the rookie forward in front of the board to give evidence.

"I want to get Justin Poore in there and hear him utter the truth," Murphy said.

"I would expect the board will be calling him."

Poore's management said yesterday they were unaware if he was required for the hearing while Dragons chief executive Peter Doust was not available for comment.

Murphy has also called on Doust to stand down from being involved in the hearing.

"Mr Doust should sit out considering the bias press comments he has made (regarding Thompson)," Murphy said.

The Dragons begin their pre-season training today with an orientation and assessment session.

But Thompson is not expected to attend. When contacted by The Daily Telegraph yesterday, he did not want to comment on the hearing.

The Daily Telegraph

The news Dragons fans do not want to hear, actually one step further, the news rugby league fans do not want to hear :curse:

ANY story involving NRL or one of it's clubs in the courts is frustrating for this fan, it will happen again, though it bores me to tears.

This Lance Thompson story like the Jamie Lyon 'will he or won't he come back to the NRL' is getting old and tiresome.

I feel for Dragons fans, this is no the ideal start to a off-season.

There are also rumours Trent Barrett and Lance Thompson are not on speaking terms :erm:

DeeGan

Dakink
14-11-05, 01:43 PM
F%^k m. PArdon the French but someone should lock the two parties in a room and not let em out till they reach agreement. If they never come out all the better. This is harsh but in my opinion both marties must go - the board who instigated this and Thompson. Start afresh and clear. I wonder what is really going on. Team mates seem to support Barrett(Ryles try and following undies push ups). I wish the true story could be told - but we are never likely to know the truth.

Steelers
14-11-05, 05:15 PM
F%^k m. PArdon the French but someone should lock the two parties in a room and not let em out till they reach agreement. If they never come out all the better. This is harsh but in my opinion both marties must go - the board who instigated this and Thompson. Start afresh and clear. I wonder what is really going on. Team mates seem to support Barrett(Ryles try and following undies push ups). I wish the true story could be told - but we are never likely to know the truth.

Couldn't agree more!!!