PDA

View Full Version : Round 21: Gold Coast Titans vs Wests Tigers

Queenslander
12-07-07, 04:01 PM
Gold Coast Titans vs Wests Tigers
Carrara Stadium; Saturday 4th August, 5:30PM

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx13933.jpgvshttp://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx11911.gif

Remember join the Legion: http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=10353

Referee: Steve Clark

Team Notes:

Titans

- Scott Prince returns at halfback from injury with Josh Lewis the player replaced

- Luke O'Dwyer is at lock with the return of Mat Rogers to the centres

- Luke Swain moves to the bench from lock and Clint Amos is added to the bench

- Chris Walker has torn a hamstring at training and is out, Preston Campbell moves to fullback from 5/8th with Josh Lewis into the side at 5/8th.

Tigers

- Shannon Gallant is added to a 5 man bench in the only change to the side that demolished the Cowboys at their last start.

Teams:

http://rebelsport.com.au/data/pages/categories/images/NRL_17.gif
1. Preston Campbell
2. Jake Webster
3. Mat Rogers
4. Brett Delaney
5. Smith Samau
6. Josh Lewis
7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Luke Bailey (c)
9. Nathan Friend
10. Ian Donnelly
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Luke O Dwyer

Interchange:

14. Michael Hodgson
15. Daniel Conn
16. Gavin Cooper
17. Luke Swain
19. Clint Amos (one to be omitted)

http://rebelsport.com.au/data/pages/categories/images/NRL_16.gif
1. Brett Hodgson (c)
2. Daniel Fitzhenry
3. Dean Collis
4. Paul Whatuira
5. Chris Lawrence
6. John Morris
7. Benji Marshall
8. Keith Galloway
9. Robbie Farah
10. Bryce Gibbs
11. Taniela Tuiaki
12. Chris Heighington
13. Liam Fulton

Interchange

14. Ben Galea
15. Dene Halatau
16. Bronson Harrison
17. Ben Te?o
18. Shannon Gallant (one to be omitted)

Rage
30-07-07, 06:56 PM
is scott prince back this week?

once he's back and sideshow petersen, then the attacking flair should be back with lafranchi, mininchello, bailey and donnely covering defence

looking forward to chris walker and mat rogers performance as they played well the other night

preston campbell seems to be getting on form again

patskE
31-07-07, 12:16 AM
i rkn walker will get samau spot on the wing for this game

Steelers
31-07-07, 12:18 AM
I honestly hope that you boys can somehow sort out your defence for this game. The Tigers are on fire and will absolutely destroy you guys if they find a weakness in your defence. Good luck boys, I hope you pull off an upset :)

DIEHARD
31-07-07, 12:30 AM
We seem to be hitting every team in form, think about it, when was our last easy game?

Warriors, Raiders, Broncos and now we hit the Tigers after they destroy the Cowboys and the Warriors are looming and we have to play them in Auckland this time!

Steelers
31-07-07, 12:36 AM
We seem to be hitting every team in form, think about it, when was our last easy game?

Warriors, Raiders, Broncos and now we hit the Tigers after they destroy the Cowboys and the Warriors are looming and we have to play them in Auckland this time!

Add to that the fact that you are facing these form teams with several injuries... That's some mighty bad luck right there... :|

DIEHARD
31-07-07, 12:46 AM
Add to that the fact that you are facing these form teams with several injuries... That's some mighty bad luck right there... :|

Yea, what a gauntlet run it is and will be!

I thought we were much improved last weekend.

Capital_Shark
31-07-07, 12:52 AM
This could turn out very nasty for the Titans. The Tigers were ruthlessly clinical tonight in tearing the Cowboys apart from siren to siren.

I think it'll take more than Scott Prince to pull 'em outta this one. Something like 40 odd missed tackles were rattled up by the Titans this weekend. If that isn't dramatically ratified it might almost be curtains.

Wanna hope Gilly has the boys tackling their tackle off this week.

Kelvinator
31-07-07, 08:52 AM
i rkn walker will get samau spot on the wing for this game

which walker? chris or shannon. either one would be better

Poida
31-07-07, 11:29 AM
I hope yous smash the crap out of the Tigers :)

patskE
31-07-07, 02:31 PM
just read lewis might get dropped
dont see y u wouldnt put walker on the wing for samau, campbell seemed to be getting some confindence bak, now with prince i would of keep him there

lonegull
31-07-07, 02:36 PM
parfitt should be in the side somewhere, presto to the bench hilder out( injured), parfitt fullback, walker to the wing, samau out, webster on other wing

Blunt_Beno
31-07-07, 02:45 PM
id like to see walker have a run at lock, could be interesting. presto and prince together in the halves will be great. parfitt at the back. webster in for samau. ryan gundry from burleigh at hooker.

patskE
31-07-07, 02:50 PM
i have a feeling carty will keep samau
n it scares me :S

lonegull
31-07-07, 03:01 PM
i think the side will be the same with prince in lewis out, odywer onto bench

Titanium_BD1103
31-07-07, 03:09 PM
Source 2SM Superradio Network News

Prince is back.. the side will be on the front page shortly.. ;)

RLfan
31-07-07, 03:23 PM
Samau needs to be dropped or pick up his game and actually stay on the bloody wing for defence & kicks. Wouldn't mind seeing Shannon Walker get a go.

patskE
31-07-07, 03:36 PM
that bomb last game was to his wing aswell
his done nothing all seasn, dont know how he keeps getting picked n not some qld cup player
i want to see grahman given a go... he was one of the most consistant players b4 he got injuryed
hodgeson, odweyer, grahman, cooper would be a good bench

Cowboy Titan
31-07-07, 04:11 PM
Gold Coast Titans:

1. Chris Walker,
2. Jake Webster,
3. Mat Rogers,
4. Brett Delaney,
5. Smith Samau,
6. Preston Campbell,
7. Scott Prince (c),
8. Luke Bailey (c),
9. Nathan Friend,
10. Ian Donnelly,
11. Anthony Laffranchi,
12. Mark Minichiello,
13. Luke O Dwyer.

Subs:

14. Michael Hodgson,
15. Daniel Conn,
16. Gavin Cooper,
17. Luke Swain,
19. Clint Amos (one to be omitted)

Titanium_BD1103
31-07-07, 04:15 PM
Thanks CT... :)

That's a much stronger side with Prince and Friend in it... I also like the stable forward line... :D

The key is defense, GC defends hard and enthusastically, we can win it.... but if the defense is like previous weeks, the Tigers might post a cricket score.

Hopefully they can make a game of it and it will be a good clash... because there are some exciting prospects across the field.

Cowboy Titan
31-07-07, 04:20 PM
It'll be good to see Preston & Scott together in the halves finally. It's the combination most of us expected at the start of the year.

I'm surprised to see Lewis dropped though. I think he could be good value coming off the bench.

patskE
31-07-07, 04:23 PM
meh samau still in it, would of like to see another young bloke given a go...
grahman in for swain kgo!

Steve
31-07-07, 04:45 PM
It's a good looking side. Even better when Petersen returns!
I thought Lewis has done well for us, so it's a pity to see him dropped. The experience will put him in good standing for the future though.
I'd also like to see some of the younger lads get given a run, Parfitt, Barnes, Walker.
Maybe that risk will be taken if we're out of finals contention.
While I think Samau has great potential, he probably needs some more experience before he's a first grader.

Rage
31-07-07, 05:06 PM
why did lewis get dropped? surely he was one of the better players these past few weeks

Coaster
31-07-07, 05:15 PM
To be honest, i cannot understand why Lewis is not in that team?

I will stand on my head if Lewis has not been one of our best players since he came here, why on earth would he be dropped?

Preston played a lot better last week, but Lewis was 100% better then Preston.

IMO Preston needs to be there on the bench, his utility value would be awesome, Todays game doesn't have reserves, it is not a downgrade putting him on the bench.

I can not fathom Carty's selections sometimes. This is not a rep side, reputation means nothing, this is about winning footy games. And everyone bagging Samau, should have a closer look at his last game, with the sound off. If Delaney keeps coming in and not sliding it would make Tequiri look stupid on the wing.

I dont believe Shannon Walker is ready for first grade, the games i have seen shows me he has awesome ability, but is more unpredictable then Preston is, and he is small also. The amount of mistakes he made the other week against Redcliff, was unbelievable.

If i was going to get a youngster from QCUP, it would be John Vaughn this kid has size ability and agression, and he would be starting at fullback, and having Walker onto the wing, and Webster into center

Coaster
31-07-07, 05:24 PM
For 21 weeks we have wanted Preston at 5/8, now we finally get a decent 5/8 we put Preston there??

I cant get my head around it.

Was Preston not good enough to be at 5/8 over Hilder?
But he is good enough to be 5/8 over Lewis?

Someone explain this to me please!

TITAN FOREVER
31-07-07, 05:32 PM
why did lewis get dropped? surely he was one of the better players these past few weeks

You must be watching some other game if you don't know. We are losing in defence. You can attack all day kicking but we have to get over the line. Need to have the experience at the moment. With the fullback position now covered Prestons the one for the job. The team looks good to me hope they can pull off a win but the Tigers looked awsome last night.

Good Luck Guys, :woot:

patskE
31-07-07, 05:33 PM
tooo right coaster i dont get it ether, prince n lewis had a good combo going, n pricne n campbell had a good thing going from fb
y change it

our line just opens up, souths jsut craved us up finding whole everywere, we jsut lack direction without prince i rkn

Titanium_BD1103
31-07-07, 05:39 PM
Tigers side named and on front page... it's the same one that demolished the Cowboys last week... and it will only get stronger with every week, this is a real test... ;)

Rage
31-07-07, 06:22 PM

You must be watching some other game if you don't know. We are losing in defence. You can attack all day kicking but we have to get over the line. Need to have the experience at the moment. With the fullback position now covered Prestons the one for the job. The team looks good to me hope they can pull off a win but the Tigers looked awsome last night.

Good Luck Guys, :woot:
i know that we are lacking in defence but surely lewis brought something to the team that we can use

on a side note, the team is almost back to what it originally was :)

PROMETHEUS
31-07-07, 08:19 PM
Hey,at least Prince is BACK!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!:woot: :woot: :woot:

squirrell
31-07-07, 08:24 PM
thats a great pic from 300...awesome!!
oh yes,lewis/prince in the halves to keep on topic,walker fb and presto off the bench..geez i should be a coach.

BringBackWillie
31-07-07, 08:39 PM
This is great news - a very timely return

Chaos
31-07-07, 09:31 PM
Scott Prince is back...you little beauty!
Good to see the worlds best League player on the paddock.

This game is massive...and Carty has picked a good side.
I'm happy to see O'Dwyer named in the top 13...I think he has the potential to be in the run on side.

Like others on this site, I think dropping Josh Lewis is a strange decision and thought his kicking game kept us in the game last weekend.
Prince will cover the kicking role but the two were deadly together.
Why Preston is named at 5/8 now and not at the start of the year is beyond me and I'm not even going to go into it because I actually have hope that Carty will change the side at the last minute including Lewis in 5/8.

I had the feeling Lewis moving to half back while Prince was out would cost him the 5/8 spot.

Those people thinking our defense will be stronger with the addition of Preston at 5/8 instead of Lewis are clutching at straws.
If you thing Preston should be at 5/8, at least try to explain he suits the position because he feeds the outside backs better or something...don't use defense as Prestons strong point.

The best thing about it...any 5/8 outside Scott Prince will have the opportunity to play at their best.

TitansFan
31-07-07, 09:31 PM
That's almost the strongest starting side that we can put on the field. Everyone except Peterson is back from injury now. The "injury crisis " is over. No excuses now

patskE
31-07-07, 09:40 PM
That's almost the strongest starting side that we can put on the field. Everyone except Peterson is back from injury now. The "injury crisis " is over. No excuses now

ummm how is it over
we got like half a side out for the season...

Chaos
31-07-07, 09:44 PM
ummm how is it over

I'm with Titansfan...an opposition side will have to play exceptitional to beat the Titans now and we will be playing to win at all cost, from here on in.

Rage
31-07-07, 10:19 PM
exactly who is missing from the side besides petersen (in terms of injury crisis)

this side has almost all the players from the starting side in round1

Scott Prince V Benji Marshall !

i looked at the tigers forum before and they know they have tough opponents this time

Throb
31-07-07, 10:44 PM
can't wait for this game I love to see Princey get in the heads of the players he has played with in previous seasons. It was only this year that ex team mates of his got the money against him - and that was in extra time with a locky drop goal.

eg - When Princey was with Tigers they beat the Broncos more often than not, esp since 2005
Titans are ahead on points against Broncs, and we have already beaten the Tigers - At Campbelltown no less!!

Throb
31-07-07, 10:47 PM
I'm a bit nervous also now that Clarke has the whistle...

PROMETHEUS
31-07-07, 10:51 PM
This from NRL.COM.AU..

Prince confident of early NRL comeback
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 7:08 PM

Gold Coast halfback Scott Prince is confident his injured collarbone will stand up to vigorous contact work later this week as he prepares for an early NRL comeback against his old club Wests Tigers on Saturday.

Prince has missed the Titans' past two matches after suffering a recurrence of the injury against Canberra in round 18.

But in a major boost to the Titans fast-fading finals hopes, the former Queensland Origin and Kangaroos halfback trained without discomfort on Tuesday and was confident of returning a week earlier than expected to try and help the club snap a five-game losing streak.

"I just wanted to test it out today and see how it was," Prince told reporters.

"I got through the session pretty good.

"I'm pretty confident of playing but I've still got four or five days to build my fitness.

"I want to do a bit of contact (work) before we make a decision."

Coach John Cartwright dropped half Josh Lewis to make way for Prince, while retaining the combination of Chris Walker at fullback and Preston Campbell at five-eighth for the clash at Carrara Stadium.

"He tells me he will and the medical staff say he'll be fine so I've no reason to doubt him," Cartwright said of Prince.

"I had a couple of tough decisions to make. I was really happy with the way Preston went at five-eighth and swapping around the fullback role with Chris Walker (in the 20-14 loss to Souths).

"Princey's back this week so unfortunately Josh misses out but he's not forgotten.

"He's just got to work hard on his defence. He's got a few issues there, but so do most halves and five-eighths in the NRL."

Prince said he was look forward to facing former Tigers teammate Benji Marshall, who showed some promising signs in his comeback from a shoulder injury against North Queensland on Monday night.

"He didn't set the world on fire but just some of his touches throughout the match were really Benji-like and he can create something out of nothing," Prince said.

Titans centre Mat Rogers was rested for part of Tuesday's training session after receiving a knock to his injured knee, but Cartwright said it was "general soreness" and he expected the former Wallaby to play this weekend.

PROMETHEUS
31-07-07, 11:11 PM
exactly who is missing from the side besides petersen (in terms of injury crisis)

this side has almost all the players from the starting side in round1

Scott Prince V Benji Marshall !

i looked at the tigers forum before and they know they have tough opponents this time

Michael Henderson - Broken leg. Expected to be out for the rest of the season.
Brad Meyers - Knee injury from Raiders clash June 3. Out for season.
Michael Hodgson -Knee injury. Out for season.
Richie Mathers - Knee injury June 17. Out for the season.
Matt Petersen - Knee injury. Possibly out for the season.
:hissyfit"

TitansFan
01-08-07, 09:29 AM
ummm how is it over

It's not half the side mate. You'll find that the only players out injured now are Peterson, Henderson, Meyers and Mathers. And out of those 4 players I'd only have Peterson in the starting side, and maybe Henderson and Meyers on the bench

bigjim
01-08-07, 02:11 PM
As I see it, we must win this game, and the next three as well.

No way can we leave it to beating Melbourne in Melbourne in the last round.

Our for and against will crucify us in the end. The Warriors game will come back to haunt us.

Pesonally, I think we will miss out on the top eight on point difference. What a disappointment.

Still, where there's hope there's chance. Or something like that.

Tigers had a good win over the Cowboys so they will be feeling good about themselves. They may make the mistake of underestimating us. I don't think so though, because they are equally desperate to win games to make the eight.

It will be a honest, hard fought eight (8) point win to the Titans.:clap: :clap:

Tamwelg
01-08-07, 07:53 PM
I heard on Nine Gold Coast News that Walker tore his hamstring. They did not know the extent of the injury, but said if he is out for this game, Lewis will come back in at 5/8 and Preston will go back to fullback. Hope he's alright to play.

squirrell
01-08-07, 08:34 PM
i hope thats not true!! arghhhhhhhh he was going well..bugger

Blunt_Beno
01-08-07, 11:46 PM
hope thats not true also. we need walker at the back in this one i think. if not parfitt.

Ryan
02-08-07, 10:19 AM
Titan Walker in training injury
source (http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22174570-23214,00.html)
August 02, 2007

GOLD Coast Titans fullback Chris Walker broke down at training yesterday and is in doubt for Saturday night's game against Wests Tigers at Carrara.

Walker appeared to pull a hamstring but last night told club officials the problem was tightness in the lower back.

He hopes to play against the seventh-placed Tigers, which was beaten 16-14 by the Titans at Campbelltown in round 14.

The 27-year-old has been back in the NRL for only two weeks after a long stint in the Queensland Cup for disciplinary reasons but his performances against the Bulldogs and South Sydney have been encouraging.

Walker came off the bench against the Bulldogs but started at fullback against Souths, with Preston Campbell moved to five-eighth.

Campbell yesterday said he was happy to stay at five-eighth and was looking forward to playing alongside halfback Scott Prince, who is back in the side after three weeks out with a sternum injury.

"I played four or five years at five-eighth (at Sharks) and it's good to get the ball a little bit more and run a bit more," Campbell said.

"I really enjoyed fullback but I suppose it's better the devil you know. I played five years there (five-eighth) and felt comfortable there."

Prince resumed field training with the NRL squad on Tuesday and was involved in contact work yesterday for the first time. He looks on track to start against his old club after playing a starring role in the round 14 thriller.

With Prince's return, Sydney Roosters import Josh Lewis is relegated to Queensland Cup.

Former Parramatta utility Luke O'Dwyer's reinstatement to the Titans starting side at lock comes on the back of a top performance in the centres for Tweed against Aspley, with Tweed coach Troy McCarthy describing it as one of the best individual efforts of the season.

"Evidently Luke was pretty upset at being overlooked for Souths and took out his frustrations on the Aspley boys," Titans communications manager Jason Sintome said.

Steve
02-08-07, 11:12 AM
Steve Ricketts should probably do a bit better research.

"I played four or five years at five-eighth (at Sharks) and it's good to get the ball a little bit more and run a bit more," Campbell said.

Only at the Sharks 3 years, and played fullback and halfback.
I think it's the Panthers he's talking about!

Big J
02-08-07, 11:21 AM
I read somewhere else (can't remember off the top of my head) where Cartwright said the reason Lewis was dropped was that he had to do some work on his defense. Now be that as it may WTF is the point of dropping someone for this reason and then putting an equally if not worse defender in his place??????

:nope:

Please explain it to me!!!!!

patskE
02-08-07, 01:16 PM
who u rkn will be the fullback if walker is out
he prob move campbell to 5/8 n bring in lewis
but reading that article it seems like campbell is over the fullback role

Steve
02-08-07, 01:32 PM
I'm guessing Lewis will come back into the side with Preston dropping back, but i'd really like to see one of the young Qld Cup lads get a run.

Just looking over the stats from the bunnies game.
There was an article last week about the Titans defence needing to hunt as a pack again. Looks like no one thought to actually do this, 24 1 on 1 tackles, which probably contributed to the 50 missed tackles. With Amos, Bailey and Laffranchi doing literally half the side's tackling between them, gotta wonder what our other forwards are doing.

This week is the week to step up. Not only for a chance at the finals, but if we drop off that many tackles on saturday we'll be looking at a cricket score.

Queenslander
02-08-07, 01:33 PM
I just heard on Nova 106.9 that Josh Lewis will be coming in at 5/8 with Preston moving back to fullback.

Blunt_Beno
02-08-07, 06:17 PM
that sucks. i was really lookin forward to watchin prince n preston together in the halves. especially with walker roaming around behind em.

Tamwelg
02-08-07, 06:44 PM
I read somewhere else (can't remember off the top of my head) where Cartwright said the reason Lewis was dropped was that he had to do some work on his defense. Now be that as it may WTF is the point of dropping someone for this reason and then putting an equally if not worse defender in his place??????

:nope:

Please explain it to me!!!!!

They would have played Campbell at fullback in defense and Walker at 5/8.

patskE
02-08-07, 06:46 PM
ummm i dont think walker is out 100%
his still a chance i think

Tamwelg
02-08-07, 06:49 PM
ummm i dont think walker is out 100%
his still a chance i think

where do you get this info from?

Tamwelg
02-08-07, 07:13 PM
Source: www.leaguehq.com.au

Titans' NRL season on the line: Rogers

August 2, 2007 - 6:37PM

Former Wallaby Mat Rogers concedes Gold Coast must beat a red-hot Wests Tigers at Carrara this weekend or start planning for the 2008 NRL season.

The Titans must win four of their five remaining matches to secure a finals berth but they face horror trips to Melbourne and Auckland.

Three of those five games are on the road, with only home encounters against the Tigers, who belted North Queensland 54-10 on Monday night, and Sydney Roosters left to play.

"I think those away trips will really gel us, I really do," Rogers told AAP.

"But it hinges on this week.

"It doesn't matter what happens if we don't perform. We need to win this one.

"We've just started games in the last couple of weeks so poorly, it's tough to get back into the game.

"We need to start off with some intensity."

Rogers revealed that inspirational prop Luke Bailey spoke to the players at training on Wednesday about "individuals doing what they can and not waiting for someone else to do it".

The Titans have lost fullback Chris Walker to a hamstring strain but are buoyed by the return of classy halfback Scott Prince from a collarbone injury on Saturday night.

Rogers said the Titans could not expect Prince to single-handedly snap the team's five-match losing streak, adding that every player had to pitch in against a Tigers team boasting Dally M medal favourite Robbie Farah and fellow strike weapon Benji Marshall.

"There'll be a lot of pressure placed on him but that's what he loves," Rogers said of Prince.

"We really expect him to play well because that's his job. In saying we're going to sit back and let him do everything, that won't be the case."

Prince said he fully expected his old coach Tim Sheens to instruct his players to test out his suspect collarbone.

The former Kangaroos halfback noticed Tigers enforcer Liam Fulton put some big hits on Johnathan Thurston on Monday night when the Cowboys skipper played with a shoulder injury.

"I actually got a missed call from Liam so I rang him yesterday and we spoke a bit about the plans for me. I told him just to watch himself if he's going to do that," Prince joked.

"But I expect that. That's the way Tim (Sheens) coaches.

"I haven't played in a couple of weeks so I'm sure they'll try to test my fitness as well, let alone the injury.

"I'm pretty confident I can play the full 80 minutes under those conditions."

A decision on the availability of Tigers captain Brett Hodgson (knee) will be made on Friday but centre Paul Whatuira (concussion) will be rested.

For the Titans, Preston Campbell will move from five-eighth to fullback to replace Walker and axed half Josh Lewis has been given a reprieve.

Chaos
02-08-07, 07:41 PM
Tigers have a good side and are in form...Fulton is a great lock but Prince will sort him out.

Tigers will only win this if we don't control Farrar around the ruck.
I hope our weeks training has been about tightening the ruck in defence.
Laffranchi needs a big defensive game to keep our top 8 chances alive.

Whatuira is a massive blow for the Tigers and our centres won't have to look up before they catch the ball.

I know Farrar controls their middle but if we can handle him...I question Benji's control from half back. Hopefully naming Beji at half back is Sheen's downfall.

Without a doubt...this is the biggest game of the year!

Titantones
02-08-07, 11:00 PM
Its good to see Josh back in the side as he has done nothing wrong of late,
but its a shame to lose walker he had a blinder last week and will be a key player in weeks to come i am sure.
Preston will handle the fullback roll well again we just need to give him support.
Should be a great game Go the TITANS

jenny
03-08-07, 07:42 AM
Friendship's left on sidelines when mates lock horns in titanic struggle

Luke Turgeon
03Aug07

TOGETHER they were one of the most exciting and formidable halves combinations of the modern era.

They were best mates. They bled for each other, fed off each other and their combined brilliance spearheaded the Wests Tigers' fairytale 2005 premiership triumph.

But tomorrow night at Carrara, all that will count for nothing when Scott Prince and Benji Marshall go into battle on opposite sides for the first time.

"Once we hit the field it is all about getting the two points and you would do anything to get it," said Titans co-captain Prince, who is set to make his comeback from a collarbone injury.

"It is the first time I have ever played against him so I am looking forward to it. I am sure when we come up against each other at a scrum or something there will be a bit of cheek, a bit of talk there.

"But at the end of the day, all I am after is the two points and I am sure that is what he will be thinking as well."

Adding extra spice to the crunch encounter is the fact that Marshall will be wearing Prince's old No.7 jumper, creating a mouth-watering head-to-head showdown between the master and the apprentice.

"It is not a game of tennis," said Prince. "It is not just me versus him.

"It is 17 players against 17 players but in saying that, I certainly have to be on my game and my toes."

At the Tigers, Prince was Marshall's mentor.

While there was never any doubt that Marshall was a prodigious talent, it was Prince that took the former Keebra Park schoolboy under his wing and showed him the ropes in the NRL.

During the 2005 season the pair had lunch together 'pretty much every day' and still talk on the telephone regularly.

Prince said Marshall had the potential to become the best halfback in the game.

"Potential is a funny word," said the star Gold Coast playmaker.

"You can be potentially good and potentially bad.

"But we all know what Benji's skill level is like.

"He has got the skill level to probably be the best player in the game but he has got to mould himself into that halfback position.

"He has got the talent and the skill level to do anything."

The first time the two sides met, Marshall was a noted absentee, sidelined with a shoulder injury, when the Titans toppled the Tigers 16-14 in round 14.

He showed glimpses of his lethal best in his comeback match opposite Test and Queensland No.7 Johnathan Thurston in Monday night's 54-10 thrashing of the Cowboys.

"It was his first game back and I didn't expect him to set the world on fire but just some of his touches throughout the match were really Benji-like," said Prince.

"He can create something out of nothing.

"But I am not really worried about what they do.

"I just want to worry about my performance and the team's performance."

It is a must-win game for the Titans, who need to win four from their five remaining matches to stay in touch with the top eight.
GOLD COAST BULLETIN

jenny
03-08-07, 07:47 AM
Full strength Titans desperate to tame Tigers
Luke Turgeon
01Aug07

IT is now or never. That was the attitude of Titans coach John Cartwright yesterday, declaring Saturday's showdown with the Wests Tigers at Carrara was the club's best chance in more than a month to salvage their season.

The Gold Coast are back to full strength following a horror run of injuries and ready to rip in the run to the finals.

Inspirational skipper Scott Prince appears almost certain to return from a collarbone injury and was named at halfback to take on his former club yesterday.

Hooker Nathan Friend will return from suspension while classy utility Luke O'Dwyer will make his comeback from a shoulder injury.

The Titans will boast probably their top attacking lineup with the electric Preston Campbell at five-eighth and Chris Walker, considered the fastest player in the team, hanging on to the No.1 jumper.

Rookie playmaker Josh Lewis has been dropped and will play for Ipswich in the Queensland Cup.

"We were very happy with the way Preston and Chris Walker worked together last week," said Cartwright.

The return of Prince, Friend and O'Dwyer comes on top of last week's boost of star centre Mat Rogers (knee), workhorse back rower Anthony Laffranchi (knee) and prop Michael Hodgson (knee) from injury.

Rogers failed to train yesterday but Cartwright said the dual international would play as the club put everything on the line to snap a five-game losing streak.

"We are getting back close to where we were six weeks ago," said Cartwright, referring to when the club won four games in a row.

"It is a good sign for us that we have some players coming back.

"Every week you hope (to win) but this week is probably our best chance. We are back at home and close to full strength. It is a big game against the Tigers and we have got everything to play for."

Prince said he had gone from hopeful to confident he would play against the Tigers after completing a full field training session.

"I got through the session pretty good so over the next few days I will do some contact work on it," he said.

"I am pretty confident of playing."

Prince echoed Cartwright's now or never sentiment.

"We are disappointed with the way we have performed over the last two to three weeks," said Prince. "We just want to win a football game and that is the approach this week."
GOLD COAST BULLETIN

Steve
03-08-07, 08:11 AM
Bailey is right, the whole team needs to step up.
While there's been some inspirational games from him and a few others, the rest of the team seem to be leaving them to do all the work.

It's a team game, lads. Play like one.

jenny
03-08-07, 08:29 AM
Late Mail

Wests Tigers centre Paul Whatuira has been ruled out of tomorrow night's clash with Gold Coast at Gold Coast Stadium due to concussion. Prop Jarrod Saffy will be the new 18th man, although Tim Sheens is yet to finalise his team. Skipper Brett Hodgson has improved rapidly this week after suffering a cork just above his knee on Monday night against the Cowboys.
AAP

Queenslander
03-08-07, 04:27 PM
First Paul Whatuira now Brett Hodgson :woot:

Hodgson out of Titans clash

August 03, 2007

WESTS Tigers skipper Brett Hodgson is out of tomorrow night's NRL clash with Gold Coast after failing to overcome a corked knee.

Hodgson did not join his teammates for the flight north after being unable to pass a fitness test at the Tigers' Concord Oval training base this morning.

The veteran fullback suffered the injury in Monday night's 54-10 win over North Queensland, the short turnaround doing nothing to aid his bid to take on the Titans.

He is likely to be replaced by 18th man Shannon Gallant, though Tigers coach Tim Sheens was keeping his cards close to his chest following the loss of centre Paul Whatuira yesterday due to concussion.

Nineteen players travelled up for the Carrara Stadium clash, with backrower Jarrod Saffy and lower grade centre Beau Ryan coming into the squad.

The most likely scenario would see Gallant start at fullback with Taniela Tuiaki moving from the second row to the wing and Chris Lawrence into the centres to replace Whatuira.

Ben Galea would then come into the starting side to replace Tuiaki with Saffy the new player on the bench.

AAP

Rage
03-08-07, 04:50 PM
Titans V Wests Tigers preview
Wednesday, August 1, 2007 - 4:10 PM

Five weeks ago the rugby league world was pinching itself that the newest Gold Coast franchise, in its first year, might just be a force through the finals.

The Titans were fourth, for goodness sake, and seemingly on track for an historic year.

But injuries have conspired against John Cartwright and his men; they?ve lost their past five games to now sit in 11th position, four points away from September footy.

Some of those losses have been significant ? including a 56-10 thumping at the hands of the Raiders and a 36-12 touch-up by the Bulldogs ? leaving many wondering whether they are ?seasoned? enough to make a late run.

On the plus side their inspirational co-skipper Scott Prince returns a week earlier than expected after a couple of weeks off with a sternum injury.

The Wests Tigers, meanwhile, are on a high after walloping the Tigers at Leichhardt Oval last Monday.

The 54-10 thrashing was an important psychological boost, earned amid the return of stars Benji Marshall and Brett Hodgson.

Before that their premiership campaign looked decidedly shaky; they were comprehensively out-played by the Warriors at Campbelltown 28-16 and the Sea Eagles 34-4 before refloating the ship.

The Titans know they can compete with Tim Sheens? men ? they beat them 16-14 at Campbelltown, with former Tiger Prince starring, in round 14.

The game looms as a danger clash for the Tigers on the short back-up. They have everything to play for, including a possible top-four berth; a loss might even see them back to ninth place.

The Titans need to win, and by a large margin, if they are to progress beyond round 25.

Watch out Titans: The Tigers appear in a hungry, attacking mood. Their 12 line breaks against the Cowboys last week were the second most by a team this year.

Playing without pressure given Marshall?s return, Robbie Farah revelled to compile one of the most outstanding individual performances for 2007.

He grabbed hold of the footy 92 times, made 11 runs for 105 metres, made 38 copybook tackles, kicked 12 times for a whopping 324 metres, made two line breaks, three line break assists and assisted four tries.

He?s improving his already excellent effectiveness out of dummy-half, too ? he?s run 91 times (fourth most in the NRL) and leads the comp for dummy-half breaks with four.

Watch out Wests Tigers: The all-important Titans player combination of Luke Bailey, Anthony Laffranchi, Mat Rogers and Scott Prince takes the field together for the first time since the rot set in.

With the former three on deck last week they were unlucky not to get the cash against the Rabbitohs; with Prince back in the fold they are an altogether different outfit.

These guys thrive on each other?s presence ? Prince tops the comp for try assists with 21, Laffranchi and Luke Bailey are ranked 10th and 11th respectively for most hit-ups and Rogers is ranked ninth with 13 line breaks.

In isolation there?s great pressure on the individuals to perform but collectively they can be lethal.

Where it will be won: There?s nothing in the defences of these two teams ? the Titans have yielded 419 points so far in ?07 ? just five more than the Tigers.

But the Tigers have displayed more enterprise in attack, scoring 16 more tries and 107 more points than the Titans (440 to 333).

Expect attack to be the focus again ? close wins are no good to the Titans, who need big winning margins to possibly leapfrog others should they happen to stumble into a share of the eighth-place points cut-off.

Likewise, the Tigers will be looking for a heap more points to boost their differential ? they wiped a -18 deficit last week and now sit healthily on +26. Where will the points come from?

The Titans have scored 24 of their 59 tries down the left-hand side of the field ? and the Tigers have conceded 27 tries through their left-side defence. Meanwhile the Titans need to watch their right-side defence ? the Tigers have 30 tries down the left corridor, the third most in the NRL.

The History: Played 1; Titans 1, Wests Tigers 0. The Gold Coast franchise drew first blood with a hard-fought two-point victory at Campbelltown in round 14.

Conclusion: Consensus is this will be an easy win to the visitors but we?re not so sure.

There?s bound to be a huge crowd at Carrara Stadium for what looms as the home team?s final throw of the dice ? the Titans are averaging 22,319 at home in 2007.

Ultimately it may boil down to the Benji factor ? he was missing in their round 14 loss and usually strikes form quickly after returning from injury.

He?ll also prove a factor in defence, with Tim Sheens keen to shield him from the big forwards.

That could play into John Cartwright?s hands ? don?t be surprised to see Bailey and Laffranchi hanging wider than normal and the Titans employing short blinds often to spot Marshall.

In the spirit of season 2007, we?ll opt for the upset.

Match officials: Referee ? Steve Clark; Sideline Officials ? Paul Holland & Adam Devcich; Video ref ? Chris Ward.

Televised: FoxSports 3 ? Live 5.30pm.

DIEHARD
04-08-07, 09:17 AM
Only GA ticket left, should be a big crowd to welcome back our Prince.

jenny
04-08-07, 11:15 AM
Do or die for the Titans' finals bid
Luke Turgeon
04Aug07

TITANS skipper Scott Prince has conceded the Gold Coast can all but kiss their finals dream `goodnight' if they suffer their sixth straight loss against the Tigers at Carrara tonight.

In a major boost for the Titans, inspirational playmaker Prince will return from a two-week layoff with a collarbone injury while Wests Tigers strike weapon Brett Hodgson was yesterday ruled out after failing to overcome a corked knee.

It is a do-or-die encounter for the 11th-placed Titans, who need to win at least four of their remaining five matches to be in the finals mix in September.

"We are trying not to look past this week," said Prince. "(A loss) will make it difficult.

"But we have just watched the table change in a matter of two weeks.

"We win (our next) two games and we are in the top eight, but we lose two and it is goodnight."

Titans coach John Cartwright said the loss of Hodgson was a huge blow for the Tigers and would make his team's mission of snapping their longest losing streak easier.

For the first time in weeks, the Titans are close to full strength with stars Prince, Mat Rogers, Anthony Laffranchi, Preston Campbell and Luke Bailey taking the field together for the first time since the Gold Coast's 16-14 win over the Tigers in round 14.

"He (Hodgson) is a great player so that is definitely a bonus for us," said Cartwright. "He supplies so much to them attacking wise, so many options.

"But we are struggling at the moment, we are in a bit of a hole. We need a boost and the best way to do that is get a win.

"It is a game we know we can win. We have beaten them before at their home ground.

"We really don't want to finish the season on anything other than a high."

Titans interchange forward Michael Hodgson was yesterday ruled out with a groin strain, bringing Clint Amos on to the bench.

Rookie Josh Lewis will return to five-eighth, with Preston Campbell shifting to fullback after Chris Walker tore his right hamstring at training on Wednesday. The injury could sideline Walker for up to four weeks.

In-form Tweed Seagulls back rower Chris Enahoro has been brought into the side as 18th man.

Prince, who is making his comeback from injury a week earlier than expected, said he was confident of getting through the entire match against his former club.

"I am pretty confident I can play the full 80 (minutes)," he said. "Everything is on the line. I will be out there to do my job to the best of my ability."

Cartwright was hopeful the return of Prince would see the Titans also return to the winner's circle.

"We are definitely a lot better side when he is out on the paddock," said Cartwright. "If he gets a platform there is no defence that can hold players of his calibre.

"He puts himself one-one-one and he'll beat nine out of 10 players."
GOLD COAST BULLETIN

matti
04-08-07, 12:35 PM
big game for me , my wife goes for west and me titans , if we win she wont talk to me for a week

patskE
04-08-07, 02:33 PM
sigh i really want grahman to return to the side
he was a great player when he was in it
dont known y carty dont put him on the bench instead of amos

Titanium_BD1103
04-08-07, 05:46 PM
*SPOILER*

Gold Coast Titans vs Wests Tigers

Prince has kicked what looked like a shocking kick, but it has hit the crossbar and Cooper has picked it up and scored.. :D :D

Gold Coast 6- Wests Tigers 0

Rage
04-08-07, 05:47 PM
6 - 0 to Titans!

Scott Prince did a bomb that hit the goal post

Titanium_BD1103
04-08-07, 05:53 PM
*SPOILER- Early Analysis*

- Titans are enthusiastic as usual.. they are looking good and the likes of Delaney and Prince are creating opportunities... if they can keep it up then they can defintely compete.

- Tigers looks lethagic ATM.. they are still potent, but there isn't the spark from last Monday, seem to still be tired from that... but Benji is trying hard, shoulder charging Prince.

- Titans need to improve their discipline... they have now been marched twice 10m for backchatting Ref Clark... it's costly and they need to stop it.

Titanium_BD1103
04-08-07, 05:55 PM
Jake Webster has scored... :)

Gold Coast 12- Wests Tigers 0

Great effort by the Titans, they are so enthusiastic and they are just being a lot more supportive.

EDIT: Delaney kicks it from touch.. TITANS ON FIRE... Preston is looking good too.. :D :D

Rage
04-08-07, 05:56 PM
12 - 0 to Titans!

Minichello did a spectacular run followed by Josh Lewis grubber

Rage
04-08-07, 06:06 PM
14 - 0 to Titans!

Penalty to titans for a late chargedown on Prince:mad:
but dw Prince is fine :)

Delaney kicked a goal

Titanium_BD1103
04-08-07, 06:11 PM
Well not anymore... Prince gets trampled as Tuiaki scores... :(

Gold Coast 14- Wests Tigers 6

Taniela Tuiaki scores, Marshall converts from the sideline.

Titanium_BD1103
04-08-07, 06:16 PM
Gold Coast have shut up shop and the Wests Tigers are coming up the attack.. :(

Titans need to get back to tackling and not missing them... it's as if they at 14 points up they had the half sorted... it's not good.. :(

C'MON TITANS KEEP GOING, WE NEED TO KEEP FIGHTING.... :)

Titanium_BD1103
04-08-07, 06:20 PM
WOOT... Brett Delaney has scored after the Tigers put all the pressure on the Titans.. but the Tigers didn't contest the high ball, the Titans got it, Campbell shoots the ball to Delaney and he scored.. :)

Gold Coast Titans 18- Wests Tigers 6

Rage
04-08-07, 06:21 PM
haha dw Titanium

Preston sets up Delaney

18 - 6

Rage
04-08-07, 06:22 PM
haha another try!

22 - 6

Titanium_BD1103
04-08-07, 06:23 PM
GREAT TRY... :D :D

The Titans score again from one of the best tries you will see to Lewis

Swain into open space to Campbell to Bailey who one handed the off load to Lewis.. :)

Converted by Delaney

Gold Coast Titans 24- Wests Tigers 6

Titanium_BD1103
04-08-07, 06:31 PM
*HALFTIME*

Gold Coast Titans - 24

Wests Tigers 6

The Titans have been in control for a large part of the first half... they have looked enthusiastic, strong, tough and in attack they are coming at them in a strong line and the support is there.

Campbell is back, he is looking good... Scott Prince is solid and gives the side stabillity... and Josh Lewis has been good, Bull Bailey has been strong and as always, everyone is supporting.

They need to stay strong though in the second half... they need to focus on the game and not shut up shop, as that is the only time the Titans have looked vunerable... if they do that and keep it up then they can definitely get the win... :)

Titanium_BD1103
04-08-07, 06:41 PM
Gold Coast went to sleep, the Tigers stole the ball from the Titans in a one on one strip on Delaney... and Tuiaki has scored... :(

Gold Coast Titans 24- Wests Tigers 10

jenny
04-08-07, 06:47 PM
Back from work and turned the tv on...guess who i see at half time ???
STEVE...THE NEW MOD!! :duh:

Titanium_BD1103
04-08-07, 06:50 PM
GO STEVE GO... did he have a flag... :)

The Titans seems to have fallen into the shut shop mode again.. luckily the Tigers can't seem to finish their opportunities.. and they are coughing up ball at their own end... but the Gold Coast have it now... :)

EDIT: Oh dear, Prince went down like a sack of potatoes... I hope he is ok, we don't need him out again... :(

Titanium_BD1103
04-08-07, 06:54 PM
That last set... well that wasn't too good.. the Titans didn't have any attacking idea.. they were just running one out without any real plan and no real attacking line... we need to get it together.. the Tigers can get us if we shut up now.

C'MON TITANS KEEP GOING STRONG... ;)

jenny
04-08-07, 06:58 PM
GO STEVE GO... did he have a flag... :)

The Titans seems to have fallen into the shut shop mode again.. luckily the Tigers can't seem to finish their opportunities.. and they are coughing up ball at their own end... but the Gold Coast have it now... :)

EDIT: Oh dear, Prince went down like a sack of potatoes... I hope he is ok, we don't need him out again... :(

No TJ he had a Beanie...Titans T/Shirt on...looking around side to side. like he was watching a game of Tennis :laugh:

Titanium_BD1103
04-08-07, 07:02 PM
No TJ he had a Beanie...Titans T/Shirt on...looking around side to side. like he was watching a game of Tennis :laugh:

LOL maybe he thinks he might get tickets to the Australian Open with that display...:rolf:

Good crowd tonight... nice work again by the Gold Coast Titans fans... :D :D

Titanium_BD1103
04-08-07, 07:07 PM
Wests Tigers have scored and they are the ones with the momentum... the Titans have had a lot of football, but they have seemed to shut up shop.. they aren't doing anything besides one out in attack.. they need to wake up... :(

Wests Tigers score through Chris Lawrence

Gold Coast Titans 24- Wests Tigers 14

jenny
04-08-07, 07:08 PM
LOL maybe he thinks he might get tickets to the Australian Open with that display.
:laugh: :laugh:
Or in a carnival side show...(mean that in a good way Steve):p

Titanium_BD1103
04-08-07, 07:22 PM
Laffranchi scores.. :D :D

Gold Coast Titans 28- Wests Tigers 14

patskE
04-08-07, 07:24 PM
time to get ride of samau!

Titanium_BD1103
04-08-07, 07:25 PM
*Fulltime*

Gold Coast Titans 30

Tries: Cooper, Webster, Delaney, Lewis, Laffranchi
Goals: Delaney 5/6

Wests Tigers 14

Tries: Tuiaki x2, Lawrence
Goals: Marshall 1/3

Well done Titans on the win... it was not pretty, it was not great at times, but it was a win.. and that is what matters... :D :D

I am so pleased to see Prince bring back some stablity to the side, they looked more balanced tonight and the likes of Bailey and Mini were on fire tonight, they are so strong and give us such metres.

Preston looks like he is back with plenty of zip and second phase play and Lewis was strong and did the job that is required.

We shut up shop during the game though, and the Gold Coast can't afford to do that, in particular against the Warriors, who will carve us up if we fall asleep like that.. but whilst Prince and Lewis slowed things down to a crawl in the second half.. they did it with enough control to keep things under control.

I think if we learn not to shut up shop when the boys are in the lead, then the club will be much better for it and we can win many more games.. Top 8 is not dead yet... ;)

GREAT TO GET A WIN... and well done to the Titans for getting it, it was a great win against a side that tested us, but overall were lacking and looked tired from Monday.

Panthers Wolf
04-08-07, 07:41 PM
Congratulations to the boys!!! Well done.

A last minute try and conversion give us a 30 - 14 win.

Excellent!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

kwigibo
04-08-07, 08:52 PM
My sisters asked me for ideas for banners, I'm kind of embarrassed they ran with my first suggestion, although everyone loved it at the game, including the players during their victory lap.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/kwigibo/DSCF5267.jpg

And something for those with more conservative sensibilities but who still appreciate knowing self-deprecation

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/kwigibo/DSCF5270.jpg

jenny
04-08-07, 09:01 PM
SLAMMER :woot:

Titans score 30-14 win over Wests Tigers

August 4, 2007 - 7:32PM

Gold Coast have snapped a five-match losing streak to keep their NRL finals hopes alive with a 30-14 victory over Wests Tigers at Carrara.

The home side looked to have the match sewn up at half-time when they led 24-6 but the dangerous Tigers, missing their skipper and fullback Brett Hodgson (knee) and centre Paul Whatuira (concussion), threatened a late comeback in front of 17,257 fans.

The Titans are now just two points outside the top eight but face daunting road trips to Melbourne and Auckland over the last four rounds.

Wests Tigers are stuck on 22 competition points - two ahead of the Gold Coast (9-11 win-loss) but will stay in the top eight regardless of the other round 21 results.

Tigers halfback Benji Marshall was solid in his second match back from a serious shoulder injury but Dally M Medal favourite Robbie Farah was well contained and lacked his usual zip.

Coming off a 54-10 thrashing of North Queensland on Monday night, the Tigers were flat in periods while the Titans looked like a team playing for their season.

After missing the Titans' past two matches due to a collarbone injury, halfback Scott Prince set up the opening try in the sixth minute with a pinpoint bomb that hit the crossbar and bounced into the grateful hands of back-rower Gavin Cooper, who took on fullback Shannon Gallant to score.

Gold Coast five-eighth Josh Lewis, only in the side due to a hamstring injury to Chris Walker, set up the next try in the 14th minute, running to the line and grubbering for winger Jake Webster to cross in the left corner following a Mark Minichiello break.

Centre Brett Delaney extended the score to 14-0 in the 22nd minute after Tigers forward Ben Galea was penalised for a late hit on Prince following a clearing kick.

It was robust centre Taniela Tuiaki who grabbed the Tigers' opening try in the 29th minute, brushing off four defenders in a 50m surge to the line.

The home side scored two tries in the final three minutes of the half, with Preston Campbell throwing the last pass for Brett Delaney to score in the corner following a quick exchange along the backline and Lewis finishing off a 45m movement started with a Luke Swain break.

The Tigers reduced the deficit to 24-10 shortly after the break when Tigers second-rower Chris Heighington stripped the ball from Delaney and the ball was shuffled to human steamroller Tuiaki, who scored in the left corner to bag a double.

Gold Coast couldn't put their opposition to the sword in the second half and Wests winger Chris Lawrence gave his team a sniff of victory with a 65th minute try to bridge the gap to 24-14.

A Prince kick set up a try in the dying seconds for back-rower Anthony Laffranchi as the Titans ran out 16-point winners.

? 2007 AAP

jenny
04-08-07, 09:09 PM
My sisters asked me for ideas for banners, I'm kind of embarrassed they ran with my first suggestion, although everyone loved it at the game, including the players during their victory lap.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/kwigibo/DSCF5267.jpg

And something for those with more conservative sensibilities but who still appreciate knowing self-deprecation

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/kwigibo/DSCF5270.jpg

THATS A RIPPER :clap:

jenny
04-08-07, 09:13 PM
THE Gold Coast Titans kept their finals hopes alive :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

04Aug07

THE Gold Coast Titans kept their finals hopes alive tonight with 30-14 victory over Wests Tigers at Carrara stadium.

After leading 24-10 at half-time the Titans looked set to run away with the game but could not penetrate the Tigers defence until the dying minutes of the game.

Titans captain Scott Prince admitted his team had fallen away in the second half after an electrifying first half when they led 12-nil after only 14 minutes.

The first try came from a Prince bomb which hit the crossbar and bounced into the waiting arms of a following Gavin Cooper.

Jake Webster scored from a grubber kick and the Titans seemed as though they had all the answers to the Tigers.

However they didn?t count on the Tigers juggernaut Taniela Tuiaki who steamrolled his way over in the corner beating three defenders for the first of his two tries.

Two tries in the last two minutes of the first half to Brett Delaney and Josh Lewis set up the Titans for their much-needed win.

The Titans are now just two points outside the top eight but face daunting road trips to Melbourne and Auckland over the last four rounds in their bid to make the National Rugby League finals.

The Titans face the Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium next weekend.

Tonight?s victory on the Gold Coast breaks a five-game losing streak for the Titans.
GOLD COAST BULLETIN

Steve
04-08-07, 09:47 PM

I'm sure I was looking at something!
You woulda seen Boofhead next to me. :D

I had a flag, infact, I had Diehard's giant flag to wave! But nothing to wave it at during the break. ;)

Robbie_Dee
04-08-07, 10:48 PM
Nice commentating T_BD :woot: :p

What a bloody win!!! Titans keep their top 8 contentions alive now!!!!

YEEHAR!

Steve
04-08-07, 10:51 PM
Couple photos from the game. Didn't manage any decent game photos, bit too far, and not enough light!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/round21/blade-2.jpg

Blade charging at Boofhead and I before beating us up!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/round21/blade-3.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/round21/blade-4.jpg

He sings! He dances! He has the best job in the world, and obviously loves it!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/round21/stadium.jpg

Was a great crowd!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/round21/titanettes-5.jpg

Titanettes are still awesome!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/round21/titanettes-9.jpg

And cold by the looks!

Boonarga
05-08-07, 12:05 AM
I was in the Eastern stand which was perfect as the sun set just before the main match. Really, I was expecting the tigers to give us a towelling given the current form of both teams. It seemed that the Titans wanted to win and the Tigers just expected to.

I must admit that Clark seemed to have a very poor game. A number of bad decisions went our way especially during the middle parts of the second half.

The PA system at the ground is FAR too loud.

Before the game both teams came onto the field for their warm-ups. When the Titans came out you coould have heard a pin drop!! Tigers came out a few minutes later to a nice cheer. I had to double check and make sure I wasn't at Campbelltown.
However, during the game, the crowd support for our team was awesome. At times the noise in the Eastern stand was deafening. Robina is going to be brilliant.

Great win tonight. Let's go on with it and get back into the 8!!!

Darren Lockyer
05-08-07, 09:18 AM
I'm sure I was looking at something!
You woulda seen Boofhead next to me. :D

I had a flag, infact, I had Diehard's giant flag to wave! But nothing to wave it at during the break. ;)

I don't know what you look like but i saw boofhead drinking a beer with a titans beanie on.

GCT_89
05-08-07, 09:34 AM
*** great night!

the crowd was wonderful!

only had to call titans once, and then the whole crowd was bellowing it out!

bring on the rest!!!!

RichOs69
05-08-07, 12:31 PM
Hooooot

cop that ya pussy cats

:D :D :D

kioli
05-08-07, 02:45 PM
It was awesome! Really put paid to the knockers imo.

Capital_Shark
05-08-07, 05:52 PM
Good win from the Titans. Jesus H Christ Mark Minichiello played good. Like a bulked up version of his brother in the front line! Your front row stocks were bolstered by that performance. If he's moved Carty needs his head checked.

My favourite parts of the game though had to be whenever Taniela Tuiaki got the ball though. That bloke is a monster! That charge down the wing leaving Titans in his wake had me in hysterics. Preston Campbell earned his pay check last night for the running battle he got in with Tuiaki.

I found myself thinking either Searle got Steve Clark's jersey signed, or Sheens denied him. Awful reffing performance and the Tigers got some bizarre calls against them. Thats not to take anything away from the Titans win though, they had the Tiger's number from kick off.

kwigibo
05-08-07, 06:10 PM
My favourite parts of the game though had to be whenever Taniela Tuiaki got the ball though. That bloke is a monster! That charge down the wing leaving Titans in his wake had me in hysterics. Preston Campbell earned his pay check last night for the running battle he got in with Tuiaki.

Even funnier when Tuiaki creamed Preston in the ingoal and came out the worse of the two, limping away. We had a good laugh at that.

Canberra_Titan
05-08-07, 06:47 PM
Go the Titans :woot: :woot:

Good win from the Titans. Jesus H Christ Mark Minichiello played good. Like a bulked up version of his brother in the front line! Your front row stocks were bolstered by that performance. If he's moved Carty needs his head checked.

I found myself thinking either Searle got Steve Clark's jersey signed, or Sheens denied him. Awful reffing performance and the Tigers got some bizarre calls against them. Thats not to take anything away from the Titans win though, they had the Tiger's number from kick off.

Canberra_Titan
05-08-07, 06:50 PM
Go the Titans :woot: :woot: :woot:

Have to agree with on Minichiello's performance, even when our lads looked a bit down and flat he just kept on steaming up the field.

Well done Titans!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was copping all sorts of crap at the Sydney Swans vs Melbourne Demons game in Canberra today. Mate had some free tickets so I went along in my Titans jersey and cap, too proud of the guys yesterday to not wear it. My dad reckons he saw me a few times on the tv when they zoomed in on some goals as I was right near the posts. Wish I knew, I would have done a "That's Gold!!!" for the camera.

Cheers

Michael

Chaos
05-08-07, 08:11 PM
I must admit that Clark seemed to have a very poor game. A number of bad decisions went our way especially during the middle parts of the second half.

We totally dominated the Tigers in the first half, which set up the win.
How good do we look with Prince back in the side...we play as a team again.

Our second half of footy was terrible and we just cruised home with the refs bad decisions against the Tigers.

We received way to many calls in our favour Friday night and I'm afraid we've now used up all the grey area calls in one game.

Even though we played at lot better with Prince guiding the ship...our second half showed some concerning signs.

patskE
05-08-07, 08:54 PM
time to get rid of samau tbh, hasnt done nothing
let in a few try's then also had a bad read in attack when dealeany made the winger come in

dee13
05-08-07, 09:05 PM
time to get rid of samau tbh, hasnt done nothing
let in a few try's then also had a bad read in attack when dealeany made the winger come in

Personally, I would love to see someone like Nat Barnes given a shot in the 2 jersey. He played a great game today against Soths Logan

PROMETHEUS
05-08-07, 11:17 PM
The second half fade out has happened more than once,hopefully the coaching staff are working on it,we used to finish over the top of teams due to our fitness,maybe that aspect has been eased off due to the number of injuries?

patskE
06-08-07, 12:50 AM
Personally, I would love to see someone like Nat Barnes given a shot in the 2 jersey. He played a great game today against Soths Logan

yeh or even praffit / shannon walker on the wing, both have amazing speed

GCT_89
08-08-07, 11:54 AM
i left the ground singing...

"whats up pussycats! whooohoowoohoowooooOO!

whats wrong pussycats! whooohoowoohoowooooOO!"

:rolf: ^^^^:rolf:

PROMETHEUS
08-08-07, 09:07 PM
They play that at Penriff when the junior cheer squad comes out..
(From what i remember,i havent been to a Penriff game in two years...)