PDA

View Full Version : Ben Ross

Coaster
08-07-07, 08:30 PM
Have we got any money left??

We should throw some at Ross and get him up here

Capital_Shark
08-07-07, 09:03 PM
Well he's on 400K at Cronulla and I can't see us having the cash to pay him out. Can't see the Titans having that spare either.

I thought he played well today. I'm hoping Sticky has a plan with mustering up this doubt about his playing future at Cronulla, and he's just trying to pressure him into performing. Who knows but..

Titanz01
08-07-07, 10:45 PM
400k a season for ross?man what were they thinkin !?

Chaos
08-07-07, 10:50 PM
I didn't know Ross was on 400k...out of our league.

We need a little nugget...somone that will hit the ball carrier under the ribs.
Best way to dominate the tackle is to drive your shoulder into the attackers mid section as he hits the ground.

Chaos
08-07-07, 10:57 PM
Surely there's a pumped up little nugget running around in the state league or first division. I don't get to see these games but there are a lot of footballers out there.

It doesn't matter if he's already signed with another club...players are jumping out of contracts left, right and centre these days.

mb63
09-07-07, 11:30 AM
Over -rated & too costly.

Steve
09-07-07, 11:42 AM
Although I think he's a local boy, I don't think he's been going too well for a while now.
If he's on 400k, I think he'll definitely be taking a pay cut next contract, whatever team he ends up at.

TITAN FOREVER
09-07-07, 05:49 PM
How many Props do we need??:nope:

Coaster
09-07-07, 05:54 PM
How many Props do we need??:nope:

Well we only have 3 left lol

Bailey
O'Donnelly
Kahler

Thats it, the rest are gonesky

Myers
Hodgeson
Henderson
Stosic
Lanfrancri

All enjoying the sun

Next year we should be fine, with Cannings also

Steelers
09-07-07, 06:00 PM
Just wondering... what is the point of having 3 feeder clubs if you aren't going to use any of their players if needed? Technically you have heaps of props if you count all of the depth in the QLD Cup.

Coaster
09-07-07, 06:06 PM
Just wondering... what is the point of having 3 feeder clubs if you aren't going to use any of their players if needed? Technically you have heaps of props if you count all of the depth in the QLD Cup.

I am a big fan of giving these younger blokes a run, i think thats a great idea.

But all the games i have watched, i have seen some great outside backs in guys like Josh Vaughn, and S.Walker, Nat Barnes ect but we are dead set struggling with forwards.

Im yet to see a forward really stand out to me, and give me a feel that he was first grade standard. Unlike guys like Tagletesi(spellin) from Melbourne, or Taylor ect from Brisbane, where you could see they had first grade in there sights.

I hope some young blokes prove me wrong, but that is the biggest hurdle for a new team, organising the juniors so be able to fill in gaps.

That comes with time

Chaos
09-07-07, 11:03 PM
There's only three NRL teams in QLD...what about the rest of the State?

Let's use the money that Hilder left behind.

Coaster
10-07-07, 01:19 PM
There's only three NRL teams in QLD...what about the rest of the State?

Let's use the money that Hilder left behind.

There is only 3 teams here, but all clubs are poaching players from here.

I seen a kid the other day in a Coombabah High school footy jumper, it was exactly like a Parramatta jumper, with even the parramatta logos on it, nearly all schools in queensland now have an afiliation with a NRL club, Keebra with the tigers, ect.

It will happen, but dont expect it over night, any kid with an ounce of talent has been recuited by the age of 14, and placed in a development program.

With Gold Coast juniors like

Kemp
Micheals
Boyd
Tonga
Marshall
T.Smith
Hannett
Jeremy Smith

all signed for different NRL clubs, the first thing we had to do was stop the flow.

Now the seeds are planted, but it will still be 4-5 years before there ready to harvest.

There still must be some kids out there that are good enough, it is a matter of finding them i guess.

Darren Lockyer
10-07-07, 01:36 PM
add greg eastwad to that list because he played for the southport tigers