PDA

View Full Version : Round 18: Canberra Raiders vs Gold Coast Titans @ Canberra Stadium

BringBackWillie
08-07-07, 05:40 PM
Canberra Raiders vs Gold Coast Titans
Sunday 15th July ? Canberra Stadium 2pm

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx3322.gif v http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx13933.jpg

Brave the chilly Canberra cold and join the Southern Legion as we support the Titans in their march into the finals.

Tickets: available though Ticketek, call 132 849 or online:
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows...d-35a6b929419d

We will be getting General Admin tickets and assembling at the South-West Terrace side. We have a few of the Southern Legion doing a road trip down from Sydney and will probably get there by 1pm. Depending on whether the Raiders get a good crowd, we will move down to Bays 78 and 79. General admin tickets cost $20 for adults and $15 concession. (see map of the ground at http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Venues/ViewSeatingMap.aspx?v=BRU&s=10160)

More details on getting out to Bruce Stadium can be found at http://www.canberrastadium.com/events/getting_here/index.html

Hope to see some Canberra-based Titans fans out there too!

DIEHARD
08-07-07, 05:58 PM
I just put it on the Legion website.

I am going to try and make the game.

Social Loafer
08-07-07, 06:10 PM
Depending on whether the Raiders get a good crowd,

We'll only get around 10,000... Coming off 4 straight losses and are playing the Titans.. Could be less if we get crappy weather.

Coaster
08-07-07, 06:16 PM
This is our season imo.

If we dont win this we wont make the 8.

BringBackWillie
08-07-07, 06:36 PM
We'll only get around 10,000... Coming off 4 straight losses and are playing the Titans.. Could be less if we get crappy weather.

Really? I had heard despite how the Raiders do, they usually get a good crowd to their home games.

We're just hoping it doesn't snow down there!!! :(

BringBackWillie
08-07-07, 06:37 PM
I just put it on the Legion website.

I am going to try and make the game.

Excellent thanks for that.

And hope to see you there.

If Schifty is right - we can probably have the whole hill to ourselves :woot:

PS - can you PLEASE remember the swords :hissyfit" :rolf:

jenwood
08-07-07, 06:44 PM
After watching tha Raiders/Dragons game today- we have a good shot at taking the 2 points next week. The Raiders were pretty ordinary although I think it may have been that the Dragons were finally breathing some fire.About time(not that I'm a Dragons supporter especially after they spoiled our first game!) GO THE MIGHTY TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!
:test: :test: :test: :test: :test:

Social Loafer
08-07-07, 06:48 PM
Excellent thanks for that.

And hope to see you there.

If Schifty is right - we can probably have the whole hill to ourselves :woot:

PS - can you PLEASE remember the swords :hissyfit" :rolf:

No Hills at Canberra Stadium, unlike sh!tholes like Brookvale we are a modern day stadium :p

Anyway we average around 12,000 usually.. We got 12,000 against the Tigers after 2 straight losses, now that we have had had 4 we might geta bit less then that which is around our average..
A lot will depend on the weather, hopefully the sun is out which makes things a lot warmer..
I think today reached 9 degrees for those that are interested...

Dragons
08-07-07, 07:05 PM
After watching tha Raiders/Dragons game today- we have a good shot at taking the 2 points next week. The Raiders were pretty ordinary although I think it may have been that the Dragons were finally breathing some fire.About time(not that I'm a Dragons supporter especially after they spoiled our first game!) GO THE MIGHTY TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!
:test: :test: :test: :test: :test:

Welcome jenwood, we have been breathing some fire and I am sorry we spoilt the first game but the Titan are travelling well at the moment and I think they should of beaten the Boncos. Lets hope the Titans can continue there good form and that Prince will be right for next week.

Capital_Shark
08-07-07, 07:37 PM
Yeah, no hills. Occupy the left corner of the Eastern bowl, right next to the Army, that'll give me (a neutral spectator) a laugh.

And look out Blade, I'm getting on to 4 & 20 tomorrow and putting in a big order. Then I'm scouting primary schools at lunch time, getting the best pitchers in North Canberra and paying minimum wage for 'em to line the inside of the bowl. Bonus monies for head shots. :woot:

jenwood
08-07-07, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the welcome Dragons
:)

travop
08-07-07, 07:40 PM
hey the titans vs the raiders not so long ago

Ryan
08-07-07, 07:43 PM
Yeah, no hills. Occupy the left corner of the Eastern bowl, right next to the Army, that'll give me (a neutral spectator) a laugh.

And look out Blade, I'm getting on to 4 & 20 tomorrow and putting in a big order. Then I'm scouting primary schools at lunch time, getting the best pitchers in North Canberra and paying minimum wage for 'em to line the inside of the bowl. Bonus monies for head shots. :woot:
If Canberra weren't so fkn far away, I'd come down and take a shot myself :laugh:
Guess I'll have to wait till another local game :rolleyes:

BringBackWillie
08-07-07, 08:12 PM
No Hills at Canberra Stadium, unlike sh!tholes like Brookvale we are a modern day stadium :p

Anyway we average around 12,000 usually.. We got 12,000 against the Tigers after 2 straight losses, now that we have had had 4 we might geta bit less then that which is around our average..
A lot will depend on the weather, hopefully the sun is out which makes things a lot warmer..
I think today reached 9 degrees for those that are interested...

I guess you will be there Schifty????

Social Loafer
08-07-07, 11:47 PM
I guess you will be there Schifty????

Yep, I'll be there for sure. Rain, Hail, Shine, snow..... :D

Hopefully Zilly will carve up the titans defence with his dashing speed :D

BringBackWillie
09-07-07, 08:08 PM
Yep, I'll be there for sure. Rain, Hail, Shine, snow..... :D

Hopefully Zilly will carve up the titans defence with his dashing speed :D

Make sure you drop over and introduce yourself... even if your team is losing :test: ok

Future Star
09-07-07, 08:37 PM
I will be there too!!!

GO THE MIGHT GREEN MACHINE!

Im the Anti-Schifty, everytime i've been to a raiders game this year, they've won! woo. including that one game in Penrith when we went up for the weekend to visit relatives.

Go me.

BringBackWillie
09-07-07, 09:21 PM
I will be there too!!!

GO THE MIGHT GREEN MACHINE!

Im the Anti-Schifty, everytime i've been to a raiders game this year, they've won! woo. including that one game in Penrith when we went up for the weekend to visit relatives.

Go me.

:mad: Do you have to show up then??? jk

Capital_Shark
09-07-07, 10:37 PM
I just seem to ensure the weather is friggin horrible and the lines at the bar long..

DIEHARD
09-07-07, 11:06 PM
It's gonna be great catching up with everyone from Canberra.

If Shifty and CS are gonna be there, I'm not gonna miss it.

Capital_Shark
09-07-07, 11:10 PM

If all continues to go to plan, I'll be there with bells on. Pants too if your lucky.

Social Loafer
09-07-07, 11:11 PM

Guess I'll wonder over to say hello for a brief Period of time in between my visit to the tab and the sports bar... But once kick off starts it is war :D

F*ck I hope Kahler plays.

BringBackWillie
12-07-07, 09:05 PM
OMG - weather forecast is FREEZING!!!!

And :test: :test: :test: :woot: :woot: :woot: The Southern Legion have now received their arms - thanks for sending the blow up swords down Diehard :woot: :woot: :woot: :test: :test: :test:

The big and little kids will be very happy

DIEHARD
14-07-07, 01:08 PM
Thank god you can buy tickets from ticketek. No messing around.

Future Star
14-07-07, 01:15 PM
Bahaha,

I was out at woden plaza (in Canberra) the other day, and your not gonna believe it, but Todd Carney, Michael Dobson, and Bronx Goodwin were there!!! it was so cool, i went up and said Hi, and wished them luck for the weekend!

now heres the funny part, as i was walking away, some guy came over to Toddy and said 'Hey Todd, are you driving home tonight? COZ I AM' and Toddy's face went as red as a tomato, it was hilarious!

You had to be there, btw...

DIEHARD
14-07-07, 01:17 PM
Bahaha,

I was out at woden plaza (in Canberra) the other day, and your not gonna believe it, but Todd Carney, Michael Dobson, and Bronx Goodwin were there!!! it was so cool, i went up and said Hi, and wished them luck for the weekend!

now heres the funny part, as i was walking away, some guy came over to Toddy and said 'Hey Todd, are you driving home tonight? COZ I AM' and Toddy's face went as red as a tomato, it was hilarious!

You had to be there, btw...

Gee that guys comedy is terribly original, he probably hears that joke a dozen times a day.

Future Star
14-07-07, 01:24 PM
Gee that guys comedy is terribly original, he probably hears that joke a dozen times a day.

Yeah, in retrospect it seems really dumb and childish, but if you were there when it happened, it was quite funny.

DIEHARD
14-07-07, 01:29 PM
Yeah, in retrospect it seems really dumb and childish, but if you were there when it happened, it was quite funny.

Hahaha yea, hopefully it puts him off his game this Sunday.

DIEHARD
14-07-07, 01:43 PM
I am currently washing every jacket and coat I have.

BringBackWillie
14-07-07, 01:43 PM
Take it you are able to make it to the game Diehard?

BringBackWillie
14-07-07, 01:44 PM
And not driving down I hope

DIEHARD
14-07-07, 01:46 PM
And not driving down I hope

As if I'd do that!

Will you be there?

BringBackWillie
14-07-07, 01:58 PM
Indeed so :woot:

Bussing it down tho

DIEHARD
14-07-07, 02:02 PM
I'm glad the TItans are gonna have a representation in this acursed frontier of humanity.

Any chance of any other peeps?

Future Star
14-07-07, 02:03 PM
I'll see if i can stop by where the legion is and introduce myself!

TONGUES BACK! woo. :woot: :woot:

BringBackWillie
14-07-07, 02:09 PM
Hehehehehe - we thought likewise

There should be 6 from the Southern Legion making their way down there. Hoping those from Canberrra who joined us for the Tigers match would be there too

Apart from that - sounds like the rest of them will be Raiders fans

If you're getting there early - bar us our section :rolf:

Social Loafer
14-07-07, 02:41 PM
I am currently washing every jacket and coat I have.

:laugh:

It's a afternoon match. the Sun will be out so you'll be sweet. It's not THAT cold during the afternoon.

DIEHARD
15-07-07, 10:37 AM
Unforunately I won't be able to be at the game and I am very disappointed because it was a game I marked down that I really wanted to attend and also have the chance to meet Shifty and my old mate Capital Shark.

It wasn't entirely my decision, I had to make the choice between two things and family wins out.

But don't worry I have switched over my flights so Ill be at the Bunnies v Titans match in a fortnight.

I'm sorry I won't be there in person and the worst thing in the world to me is not being able to be on the frontline when I want to be, but you know me, I'll make up for it times five, you'll see.

BringBackWillie
15-07-07, 09:19 PM
Well - you picked a good one to miss Diehard :cry:

And I'm not sure what these Canberra ppl are saying about the sun factor - it was FREEZING! As soon as the sun went behind the stadium... geez that second half was long and miserable

Oh well, back in the comforts of a warmer Sydney (can't believe I'm saying that!)... it was a long drive back but fingers crossed our injury toll isn't as bad as the scoreline

Social Loafer
15-07-07, 09:54 PM
Well - you picked a good one to miss Diehard :cry:

And I'm not sure what these Canberra ppl are saying about the sun factor - it was FREEZING! As soon as the sun went behind the stadium... geez that second half was long and miserable

Oh well, back in the comforts of a warmer Sydney (can't believe I'm saying that!)... it was a long drive back but fingers crossed our injury toll isn't as bad as the scoreline

The Sun makes the place very warm, I was on the eastern side of the ground so that is covered in sunshine for the entire match, so there was no need for the Jumper/Jacket :D.

On the game, finally good to see Canberra end a 4 match losiing streak in such emphatic circumstances.. Kahler is a goose for launching those pre-match comments.. It would have only fired up the boys more..

DIEHARD
16-07-07, 11:53 AM
I guess in a way I did pick a good one to miss. But I hate thinking like that. But it would have been a long and solemn journey back to Queensland for all Gold Coast Titans related folk.

Capital_Shark
16-07-07, 04:40 PM
Anyone sitting remotely on the Western side of the ground has rocks in their head. Sun rises in the East, sets in the West, people. Afternoon match, the logical place to be to soak up the most sun is the Eastern stand. Which is where I placed myself, and it was beautiful sitting back in the sun, drinking beer, taking the piss out of a couple of my mates who'd gone and brought a ridiculous amount of Titans merchandise (inflatable hands, beanies, stubbie holders, flags) to one's credit he stayed the full 80 and kept waving his inflatable hand.

Pitty about the drunk farkwit in the Titans gear just down from them who thought it fairly acceptable to stand up, drop out his junk and proceed to re-leave himself on the empty row of seats behind, in full view of a few of my mate's girlfriends. Luckily for him he had a couple mates who suggest they forget the last 20 and go home or the flogging his team copped would be nothing in comparison.

Anyway, from the sounds of some other stories, it must have been half price concession for ********s at the footy yesterday and I'll be lodging my complaint for not being afforded this discount..

Ryan
16-07-07, 04:56 PM
Pitty about the drunk farkwit in the Titans gear just down from them who thought it fairly acceptable to stand up, drop out his junk and proceed to re-leave himself on the empty row of seats behind, in full view of a few of my mate's girlfriends.
For a minute there I thought you were refering to the 're-leaving' of some sort of tension :nope:
He obviously had to urinate? :der:

Capital_Shark
16-07-07, 05:08 PM
For a minute there I thought you were refering to the 're-leaving' of some sort of tension :nope:
He obviously had to urinate? :der:

haha, yea mate. He was a wanker but didn't go that far