PDA

View Full Version : Defence

Coaster
08-07-07, 01:20 PM
I still think we are lacking in our defence.

We have great scramble, and fitness, but we are seriously lacking that killer punch in our line, that 1 guy that puts there forwards on there back, and gets us onto the right foot.

Another thing that has hurt us, is all this talk about "the wrestle" we all know it is there, but FFS can we go 1 press conference without mentioning it please!!

The refs have now targeted us as an offender, and we have gone from the least penalised team in the comp, to one of the worst in 2 weeks.

patskE
08-07-07, 02:33 PM
man we got good defence really tbh
but the other teams always wins the battle for the advantage line

jenwood
08-07-07, 02:49 PM
I think our attack is really missing Laffranchi- he always seems to be able to get his head and shoulders through the defensive line and looks to offload.Any idea when he is back?

TITAN FOREVER
08-07-07, 06:42 PM
I still think we are lacking in our defence.

Think you hit the mark there Coaster. A few holes been opening up over last couple of weeks. The Raiders looked pretty ordinary today so they will be fired up next week at home.

patskE
08-07-07, 10:20 PM
we just seem to drop off

Chaos
08-07-07, 10:37 PM
Another thing that has hurt us, is all this talk about "the wrestle" we all know it is there, but FFS can we go 1 press conference without mentioning it please!!

The refs have now targeted us as an offender, and we have gone from the least penalised team in the comp, to one of the worst in 2 weeks.

Good point Coaster...the more we highlight our focus on the wrestle, the more the refs will watch the way we wrestle.

bigjim
09-07-07, 03:46 PM
Great defensive game, but I did feel that Luke and Nathan did lie on the tackled player a fraction to long on occasion.
Just an observation, not a condemnation.

It's a very fine line between great slowing of the play and a penalty.

Although, giving away six more tackles on your own defensive line with just minutes to go, obviously wasn't in the game-plan.

Discipline is something that comes with experience and time.

I for one am looking forward to the second half of the season. This is where we, and all the other fans and teams, get to see what we know to be true. That the Titans are made of the right stuff.

And, as I said on the Bronco forum, can't wait to meet them in the semi and knock them out.