PDA

View Full Version : Round 17: Brisbane Broncos vs Gold Coast Titans @ Suncorp

DIEHARD
02-07-07, 12:27 AM
OK guys, it is time for the rematch local derby.

We will be sitting in the away supporter bay. I suggest anyone interested and that still hasn't got tickets to sit with the Titans fans in the away supporter bay.

For the many of you who already have tickets or are Bronco members, let's meet up after the match.

http://www.ticketek.com.au

BringBackWillie
02-07-07, 08:20 PM
Sounds great! It will good to see some of the Legion around too.

Will call you when I'm around there Diehard and visit. Probably won't be able to hang around too long after the game though as I have family duties the next morning.

Oh - and can you REMEMBER!!!! to bring the blow up swords for the Southern Legion :hissyfit"

Steve
02-07-07, 09:07 PM
I was looking forward to this game for ages, would be great in the away bay, but can't get there. :(

Cowboy Titan
02-07-07, 09:39 PM
Just bought my tickets. Can't wait to see another victory over the Broncos. Go Titans.

Boofhead
06-07-07, 06:53 AM
Seeya at the game everybody. Make sure your wearing your colors! :woot:

DIEHARD
06-07-07, 07:24 AM
We'll be in the supporter bay. For anyone wanting to catch up, we'll be at the Wally statue after the match for a bit.

Enjoy the game guys, this match is one of the greatest gifts given to Queensland rugby league fans. It is one of the apexes of the dream of bringing the Gold Coast back into the competition.

I am very excited about the big match, THE DERBY. As I will call it from now on.

See you there, enjoy the game, wear our colours and make some noise.

We want to own Lang Park!

C-Whiz
06-07-07, 12:30 PM
I'll be in the crowd, not away section. I'll take the flag sans poles, and wave it like a banner. Hope we have TITANS fans either side because it takes up 6 seats!

Craneo2
06-07-07, 01:58 PM
I won't be at the game :hissyfit" but i will be watching on the tele cheering on the mighty Titans.

Go the Titans!!

Cheers Craneo2

DIEHARD
06-07-07, 02:20 PM
I'll be in the crowd, not away section. I'll take the flag sans poles, and wave it like a banner. Hope we have TITANS fans either side because it takes up 6 seats!

Awesome. It's good that it will be there, they are good luck charms.

Even without the pole it makes a good banner or cape.

travop
06-07-07, 02:22 PM
i may come after the game with my family and a few mates but we'll see what happens go titans!!!!

Social Loafer
06-07-07, 02:23 PM
We'll be in the supporter bay. For anyone wanting to catch up, we'll be at the Wally statue after the match for a bit.

Enjoy the game guys, this match is one of the greatest gifts given to Queensland rugby league fans. It is one of the apexes of the dream of bringing the Gold Coast back into the competition.

I am very excited about the big match, THE DERBY. As I will call it from now on.

See you there, enjoy the game, wear our colours and make some noise.

We want to own Lang Park!

And if you lose tear their stadium apart Simpsons style
'Ya call this a soccer riot?"

http://www.paulkatcher.com/images/simpsons_soccer.jpg

I'll leave now....

TDoGGBulldog
06-07-07, 03:21 PM
might have to go for broncos with this one.

TDoGGBulldog
06-07-07, 03:22 PM
even though i utterly despise them.

jenny
06-07-07, 04:26 PM
Titans aim for upset
Karl deKroo

July 06, 2007 12:00am

GOLD Coast coach John Cartwright last night defiantly backed his Titans to not go into their shell, despite fears they could become cannon fodder for a resurgent Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium tonight.

An understrength Titans were on the end of a second-half beating from NZ Warriors at Carrara last weekend and have been further weakened for the southeast derby by the loss of dual international centre Mat Rogers to a knee injury.

But Cartwright said his team was not about to go into damage control and was eager to repeat the upset win they scored over their northern neighbours at the same venue in round 5.

"We know we are up against a very tough opponent," Cartwright said.

"They had a great win last week without their Origin guys and they tend to back up fairly well post Origin.

"But we are looking forward to the challenge. It will be a big crowd, a big atmosphere and we'll thrive on that."

The Broncos are expecting a crowd of more than 45,000 and Cartwright said the absence of Rogers would not stifle the Titans' attacking flair ? with creative halves Josh Lewis and Scott Prince given a free rein.

"We won't change a thing," Cartwright said. "Mat has been going great for us and has had a tremendous year. But he has had a lot of opportunities created for him by our inside men and they'll be looking to create for Luke O'Dwyer now.

"We like to play an upbeat style and we won't be going away from that."

In a major boost for the Titans, NSW prop Luke Bailey is set to take his place in the front row.

"Bull (Bailey) will be fine," Cartwright said. "He didn't train today but he should be right. His experience and leadership is very important to us and there was a lift just having him back at training."

Asked how much the Broncos had improved since their last meeting with the Titans, Cartwright said: "They are definitely on the improve. Their senior players have led the way. But we feel we are a better as well.

"We haven't dwelled on what happened last week (against the Warriors). We played reasonably well, we just got run over in the second half. We had won four in a row before that so there is no need for panic."

Fullback Preston Campbell has been cleared of a back injury and will take his place.
Article from: The Courier-Mail

jenny
06-07-07, 08:19 PM
Josh gets his first look at Suncorp :woot:
Luke Turgeon
06Jul07
HE has never even laid eyes on Suncorp Stadium, played just a handful of first grade games and is preparing to go head-to-head with the best player in the world.

But if you think 21-year-old Titans five-eighth Josh Lewis will be overawed when he runs out in front of a packed house in Brisbane tonight -- think again.

Lewis, who will line up opposite Australian and Queensland five-eighth Darren Lockyer for the first time, said he was eagerly awaiting the showdown with the dual Golden Boot award winner.

"I have never played against him so I can't wait to get out there and play actually," said Lewis.

"I have heard the atmosphere at Suncorp is really good and everyone is right on top of things."

Since Lewis arrived on the Gold Coast in a mid-season transfer from the Sydney Roosters the Titans have won four of their past five games and surged into the top six.

With a crowd of more than 45,000 expected for the Broncos-Titans blockbuster, Gold Coast co-captain Scott Prince backed his rookie halves partner to keep his cool in the face of the biggest game of his short career.

"It will be a memorable night for him and hopefully we can get the two points so it will be even more memorable," said Prince.

"He is pretty cool, not much fazes him.

"He just goes out there and gets the job done.

"It is a big game for us as far as getting back in the winning circle after the Warriors game last week while the Broncos look like they are stringing a few wins together and playing some good football.

"It is going to be a tough game but at the end of the day it is at the best venue in the world and from our point of view we are just looking forward to getting out there and playing in front of a massive crowd."

Lewis said he looked up to Broncos legend Lockyer, who made his first grade debut when Lewis was just nine-years-old.

"He is definitely up there (with the players I look up to)," said Lewis.

"I just can't wait to get out there.

"I always watch him play but I don't try and copy him or anything, that would be a bit hard.

"He has played with a lot of great players over the years and I suppose he has probably taken a lot of that stuff on board.

"He is a freak -- he is just too smart for a lot of the players.

"I am trying not to think about it too much but come game day and when it comes time to getting on the bus I will definitely start thinking about it.

"But I just need to get my own game going, not worry what the other halves are doing too much and just play what is in front of me."

The occasion will be made even bigger, with Lockyer set to equal Michael Han****'s record for the most matches played for the club.

The local derby will mark Lockyer's 274th premiership game for Brisbane, matching the record set by Han**** between 1988 and 2000.

Lockyer said it was a huge honour to be named alongside Han****, Allan Langer, Andrew Gee, Shane Webcke and Kevin Walters.

"The Broncos have a wonderful history and to be part of that is more than I could have ever wished for in rugby league," said Lockyer, who is already the club's highest point scorer.

"Just to be mentioned alongside players of that calibre is an honour."
GOLD COAST BULLETIN

Ryan
06-07-07, 08:21 PM
Prince over, Delaney converts :woot:

12-18 Titans 8 to go.......:test:

Fkn good game to watch :clap:

chris_walker_fan86
06-07-07, 08:54 PM
good game boys

DIEHARD
07-07-07, 11:22 PM
I think being in the Titans supporter bay was the best thing ever. Hopefully a real taste of what is to come in 2008.

We went into a frenzy when Prince was firing us up to cheer louder and louder.

jenwood
08-07-07, 06:45 AM
I agree with you Diehard- the atmosphere in our corner was awesome and when Princey came over and encouraged us everyone lifted the intensity and support. Its a shame he got injured just after that cos our support and enthusiasm may have just given the team an extra lift to beat the ponys. Only thing that annoyed me about the night was the amount of Broncos supporters in the "awayteam" supporters bay. What gives! If you are a one-eyed Broncos supporter why would you sit in the opposition tams supporters bay? I had to hit my one-eyed Titans/Qld supporting husband with my Titans flag to shut him up !

BLADE
08-07-07, 08:59 AM
The away fans bay down in the corner looked amazing from the players bench side of the field. When we got ahead, late in the second half, you guys stood out and it prompted me to come around and try to fire you up more.

Thanks for making the trip up fans.

TITAN FOR LIFE

BLADE
Gold Coast Titans

chris_walker_fan86
08-07-07, 09:12 AM
thats scotty 4 u lol

DIEHARD
08-07-07, 04:08 PM
Only thing that annoyed me about the night was the amount of Broncos supporters in the "awayteam" supporters bay.

Absolutely there must have been 100-200 of them. It was ridiculous.

And it did spoil it a bit. It shocks me how bad sports a lot of people can be.

But next year we will have a stadium full of blue and gold and we will own it.

And hopefully have an entire bay of passionate fans in the Legion.

I think in future all those seats should be offered to Titans members first up.

BringBackWillie
08-07-07, 04:10 PM
Agreed with the number of Broncos fans in the away supporters bay (unfortunately, its the same thing when the Southern Legion are at Telstra Stadium). Does generally ruin it but the Legion looked great regardless on the night and yes, it was great to see Princey fire the crowd up after his try

jenwood
08-07-07, 05:52 PM
if it wasnt so damm cold anywhere but Qld I would con the other half to take me down to Sydney for a game! Having said that I'm thinking of getting our group of 14 Gold Members to fly to Melbourne for the last game against the Storm. Do you think Jetstar and/or Titans admin might be able to put together a bit of a package? Hope so.Let me know what you think. It would be a great way to end the home and away season before we start finals.(Note that air of positive thinking-its called Karma I think!!!) Knowing how passionate Melbourne people are about sport it would be great to have a decent group of supporters down there to cheer on our boys.

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

BringBackWillie
08-07-07, 07:11 PM
If you're organising a Melb trip jenwood and can factor in those from Sydney too with any packages or arrangements you make, keep us posted