PDA

View Full Version : Enough!!!!!!!

Coaster
30-06-07, 07:26 PM
Get walker back into this squad now!!!

This is ridiculas the way we are treating this bloke who did nothing wrong other than have a few too many beers.

FFS Lanfracri is up for a rape charge, and Carney, SBW, Roberts, and Costigan all did worse than Walker.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Get him back in the damn squad!!!!!!

Ryan
30-06-07, 07:37 PM
Walker was on his last chance when he came to the club. Despite his repetitive history, he still couldn't learn from it. "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" is what Cartwright and Searle could have said, Walker is just lucky he still has a chance to make NRL again. It may have been a 'few too many beers', but he's done it a 'few too many times' :laugh:

I wouldn't be making comparisons to Laffranci either, he hasn't even been convicted once let alone repeatedly. Carney is worth more to Canberra than Walker is to the Titans. And I couldn't give a toss about the rest.....

Coaster
30-06-07, 07:49 PM
Walker was on his last chance when he came to the club. Despite his repetitive history, he still couldn't learn from it. "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" is what Cartwright and Searle could have said, Walker is just lucky he still has a chance to make NRL again. It may have been a 'few too many beers', but he's done it a 'few too many times' :laugh:

I wouldn't be making comparisons to Laffranci either, he hasn't even been convicted once let alone repeatedly. Carney is worth more to Canberra than Walker is to the Titans. And I couldn't give a toss about the rest.....

Ryan i couldnt give a toss about who you give a toss about, i was talking about comparable incidents.

Walker has done nothing more than admit that he has a problem with achohol, and since last week when Sailor got a lifelife after taking cocain, i think its comparable to say Walker has been punished and now deserves to be treated FAIRLY!!!

He has done his time, and deserves the chance to take his spot back in the NRL.

If not he is being OVER PUNISHED

Ryan
30-06-07, 10:12 PM
Deserves to be Treated Fairly? Over punished? :laugh:
Walker doesn't deserve anything, your making out as if the Titans owe him, or that he's being hard done by :nope:
He breached his club's and the NRL players' code of conduct (yet again), and was suspended indefinitely. I don't know how you can compare this to Sailor's case considereing he copped 2 years for totally different reasons. But if he's your benchmark then Walkers got a long way to go :laugh:

What do you expect the Titans managment should say - "Oh, so it was only an alcohol problem then. Well because you admitted it, here's your Jersey back and we'll open up a tab for you at 'Melbas' so you can tarnish our club's reputation a bit more." :duh:

So far he's been treated for than fairly, like I said, he's lucky he's still at the club. You can't expect him so be picked for 1st grade over the other wingers who are doing the right thing by the club just cause because of his game form.

Chaos
30-06-07, 10:27 PM
Walker doesn't deserve anything, your making out as if the Titans owe him, or that he's being hard done by :nope:
He breached his club's and the NRL players' code of conduct (yet again), and was suspended indefinitely. I don't know how you can compare this to Sailor's case considereing he copped 2 years for totally different reasons. But if he's your benchmark then Walkers got a long way to go :laugh:

What do you expect the Titans managment should say - "Oh, so it was only an alcohol problem then. Well because you admitted it, here's your Jersey back and we'll open up a tab for you at 'Melbas' so you can tarnish our club's reputation a bit more." :duh:

So far he's been treated for than fairly, like I said, he's lucky he's still at the club. You can't expect him so be picked for 1st grade over the other wingers who are doing the right thing by the club just cause because of his game form.

I'm sitting hear looking at your picture of Chopper, with two hand guns in your possession and your critising Walker for drinking a legal drink.
What the f^ck

Coaster
30-06-07, 10:27 PM
Walker doesn't deserve anything, your making out as if the Titans owe him,

We gave the guy a contract to play football, not to be the next pope, he is being paid to play football, and untill we use him we are spending money on nothing, and leaving a special talent on the sideline to be wasted.

He breached his club's and the NRL players' code of conduct (yet again), and was suspended indefinitely.
Do you know something else i dont know?
Becuase he was suspended for 8 weeks, and that has passed, and he has not broken the agreement with the Titans apart from what he has allready been punished for.

What do you expect the Titans managment should say - [I]"Oh, so it was only an alcohol problem then. Well because you admitted it, here's your Jersey back
Add to that he has coped his punishment, done his punishment, and kept himself ready to play while doing that punishment, then yep.

You can't expect him so be picked for 1st grade over the other wingers who are doing the right thing by the club just cause because of his game form.
What do you pick a team on? there value to society?

Hoppy2007Dragons
30-06-07, 11:22 PM
I'm sitting hear looking at your picture of Chopper, with two hand guns in your possession and your critising Walker for drinking a legal drink.
What the f^ck

well i doubt ryan is chopper and thus has the right to have a opioion and a criticism, i ask though ur judging a blokes comments on his avatar picture???

wtf????

lol

in all fairness to walker he might have played this week if not for his selection in the residents side.

i daresay we will see him next week with rogers on report and injured and i don't think samua did much in the game from my obseravtion.

so he may find a spot on the wing or center or even fullback with cambell's performance and not being 100% fit from his injury.

What do you pick a team on? there value to society?

no i pick them on their on-field and off-field performances

Coaster
30-06-07, 11:41 PM
no i pick them on their on-field and off-field performances

:rolf:

Ok

Considering the mishaps involving achohol involving your club, i find that offensive

Hoppy2007Dragons
30-06-07, 11:59 PM
Ok

Considering the mishaps involving achohol involving your club, i find that offensive

I was all for Wes's punishment and fully agree with the club not re-signing him for next year due to his off-field behaviour, despite the talent he has.

i was all for gasnier being stood down for origin due to his text message stuff.

when barrett got drunk and stripped i agreed for the fine and wanted him to be stripped of his captaincy.

if i was ceo or coach of the saints this behaviour would result in dropping from first grade and some one on one chats and a very limited tolerance.

but every club has alcohol problems, its how the management deals with them that sets the clubs apart and is why the titans managment is a step above the rest in relation to this issue. Look at the recent bulldogs reaction, dropping them for a game and making public statements, Raiders at least have put some effort into punishing and teaching carney. Dragons have been soft at times but don't pretend it exisits.

the titans is for the fans as the motto says.

walker will be given the chance to redeem himself, not to sure if he deserves it though

Social Loafer
01-07-07, 12:06 AM
I agree 100% with Coaster on this one, bloody get Walker back out there. (and I'm not even a fan of him, in fact I think he is a tool!)

i was all for gasnier being stood down for origin due to his text message stuff.

when barrett got drunk and stripped i agreed for the fine and wanted him to be stripped of his captaincy.

pft, the only reason they copped anything was because the Dragons wanted to look like the good guys to the eyes of the public.. Let's face it, if you went off and did push ups in your undies you wouldn't get punished from your place of employment, in fact your boss wouldn't even find out. Barret's case in particular was a huge over reaction. This gave the impression 'we are tough on anything which might be deemed anti-social behaviour.

but every club has alcohol problems, its how the management deals with them that sets the clubs apart and is why the titans managment is a step above the rest in relation to this issue.

the titans is for the fans as the motto says.

So when a bloke gets kicked out of a club he gets suspended, yet the bloke with a serious court case pending plays week in week out? Yes technically Laffranchi's incident happened before he was a titan, but does that really matter. As for the motto... Sounds like an overused cliche.

Ryan
01-07-07, 12:08 AM
Just for drinking one drink? - Ha ha, and the rest you fool :laugh:
Walker was never given any timeline for an NRL return, his suspension may have only been 8wks (it was initially indefinitely) but he was made no promises for an imediate return afterwards.

BTW, I wasn't critising Walker for drinking a legal drink, I was critising him for his continual bullsh!t offfield, and you for trying to defend it. I have no problem with Walker coming back into our 1st grade side, but as far as saying he 'deserves' it - no *edit* way!

Coaster
01-07-07, 12:19 AM
Just for drinking one drink?

I dont think anyone said that mate, i could be wrong, but you will have to point it out to me.

Nobody here is trying to defend Walker for what he has done, but i just thought that we live in a society that once the punishment was completed then that was it!!! Not taking into account a NEXT offence.

The guy deserves a spot on talent, he is a much better footballer than Webster or Samou, and he deserves a chance.

The only reason i can see why the Titans wont play him is becuase of salary cap issues. And if they have written Walker out of the squad becuase of them this year i understand.

Anything else is unexceptable

Ryan
01-07-07, 12:29 AM
Nobody here is trying to defend Walker for what he has done,

Walker has done nothing more than admit that he has a problem with achohol,

This is ridiculas the way we are treating this bloke who did nothing wrong other than have a few too many beers.

:clap:

Ryan
01-07-07, 12:34 AM
I dont think anyone said that mate, i could be wrong, but you will have to point it out to me.

....drinking a legal drink
....having a few too many beers

My point was you are trying to talk it down too much. The problem wasn't that he had 'a drink', 'one drink', or 'just a few beers' - it was that he made an **** of himself and the club he represents in the process of doing so.

Coaster
01-07-07, 12:56 AM
Haha, perfect example why you should never let anyone off the hook, and should just attack!!

Not all people accept an opening for peace with attack!

But when your dealing with no remorse i guess you take everything

dee13
01-07-07, 08:48 AM
I think the Titans have have sent Chris the message. He is back at training now, and given his form in the QLD cup and for the Titans prior to his incedent, should be seriously considered for next weeks team. Especially when Matt Rogers is been reported for a high shot and all of our injuries.

I said it earlier in the year that Chris is a great player and makes a difference on the park. We need him in the team.

All the best
TITAN FOR LIFE
DEE

Teegy
01-07-07, 10:02 AM
what happened to the clubs signing the person before the player. 3 walk out on you and 2 are either in trouble with the cops or have a serious drinking and anger problem. chris was on his last chance by all the reports when you signed him but because you are short on talent on the wing then now its ok for him to get drunk and start a fight only to be saved by Matt Rogers who was around the corner also on the drink.

Hoppy2007Dragons
01-07-07, 10:23 AM
pft, the only reason they copped anything was because the Dragons wanted to look like the good guys to the eyes of the public.. Let's face it, if you went off and did push ups in your undies you wouldn't get punished from your place of employment, in fact your boss wouldn't even find out. Barret's case in particular was a huge over reaction. This gave the impression 'we are tough on anything which might be deemed anti-social behaviour

No i beg to differ, barrett did the push ups at a club function, if i did that at say a christmas work function or somethign similar i would also be in some serious striff and possible loss of employment, barretts punishment was necassery, had it not been at a club functio nthen i would agree with you.

So when a bloke gets kicked out of a club he gets suspended, yet the bloke with a serious court case pending plays week in week out? Yes technically Laffranchi's incident happened before he was a titan, but does that really matter. As for the motto... Sounds like an overused cliche.

No when a bloke gets intoxicated and behaves badly and is representing the club and is a serial offender he gets suspended.

Laffranchi hasn't been found guilty, hes been accussed of something, you can't start punishing people because they are accused of something.

Also Schiffty your getting a bit hypocritical of your attack on the saints managment, if the raiders didn't have a excellent replacment in campese or dobson, do you think that carney would have been ruled out of playing first grade for so long, i don't think so, every club is as bad as one another when iot comes to issues involving alcohol and drugs.

And i was just trying to highlight with the motto, that the titans managment in my opioion feel the own the people of the coast a club that ius succesfull and long running after previous failed attempts, and the don't want anything to jeporize that for the fans(i doubt if anything would but still)

Chaos
01-07-07, 08:28 PM
This subject shows how much drinking is going on thoughout the league and I think all ex players would know how much drinking is involved with the sport.

I'm not endorsing the amount of drinking in the sport...I just believe once someone has served his punishment term, the punishment is over. I don't believe in holding a grudge and I believe Walker has a chance to make the Titan's run on side.

Now the decision comes down to the better player for the team.

DIEHARD
01-07-07, 11:40 PM
I think the Titans have done the correct thing with Chris.

They have also gone to lengths to help him as a person. Chris obviously has some problems and he is still a young bloke with hopefully plenty of football ahead of him. But these problems will carry for life, so it is far more important for him to go through the processes of working them out as best he can, so hopefully they are put to bed.

I'm looking forward to Chris coming back into the team, I believe he is a fantastic player who deserves a place on the team and that he has earnt the opportunity to try.

travop
03-07-07, 08:43 AM
FFS Lanfracri is up for a rape charge,

whoa hold up
when did this happen??????

Steelers
03-07-07, 11:43 AM
whoa hold up
when did this happen??????

First reported at the start of the season, but the incident allegedly occured last year.

travop
04-07-07, 09:17 PM
so it did or didnt happen??????

Tamwelg
04-07-07, 10:05 PM
so it did or didnt happen??????

This topic is in another thread an has been closed because the matter is currently going through court and all comments and discussion should wait until the trial is over.

In other words shhh about the Laffranchi talk.

Ryan
04-07-07, 10:17 PM
In other words, don't make any posts that could possibly shine such bad light on the Titans or their players. Those post's are reserved for all other players and teams.

Steelers
04-07-07, 10:18 PM
In other words, don't make any posts that could possibly shine such bad light on the Titans or their players. Those post's are reserved for all other players.

Pretty much

Ryan
04-07-07, 10:19 PM
Pretty much
Except for Chris Walker :laugh:

Steelers
04-07-07, 10:35 PM
Except for Chris Walker :laugh:

But it seems as though the Titans don't want Walker, so thats why he is fair game :p