PDA

View Full Version : Top seat at Titans to cost $25,000

DIEHARD
12-11-05, 09:43 AM
If you want the best seat in the house at the Titans rugby league team's new Robina Stadium it will cost you $25,000.

That was the price tag announced last night for membership into the club's exclusive Palladium Club.

As the club prepares to debut in the National Rugby League in 2007, the Titans will announce a range of memberships from grassroots through to corporates.

But last night the fledgling organisation targeted the big end of town.

About 50 of the elite Palladium Club positions will be sold at $25,000 each. They offer a range of benefits including the choice of the best stadium seating, membership of the chairman's club, foundation membership of the Titans for life, honour board acknowledgement, being a guest of the Titans at major events and travelling with the team to an away game.

Titans marketing and commercial manager Steve Burns said backing from Gold Coast business for the club had so far been outstanding.

"Across the board the response from business has been good, but not many people know about the Palladium Club, " he said.

"We believe there are enough people here to fill out the membership of thePalladium Club, but it is not just who has the dough, it is who can see the value in it.

"It has a whole lot of hospitality built in, stuff you can't buy, and they will get the best seats in the house and the top hospitality.

"There will be a limited number of memberships, but we are not sure at this stage exactly how many. We will check to see what the initial demand is. But because it is the top membership of the club it is priced accordingly.

"It would be between 30 to 50 people at the outside."

Ironically, the first person to take his seat in the Palladium Club is a former Aussie rules player, prominent Gold Coast businessman Tony Smith.

Smith, who played for the Sydney Swans in the late 1980s and was the founder of BreakFree Resorts, said both Gold Coast business and the Titans needed each other.

"I got exposure with the Swans as to how important it was for sporting clubs to getbusiness people behind them, because the reality is if you do not have that corporate support then you just can't make it," said Smith.

"From where I sit, I live on the Gold Coast and I think it is the greatest place to live, and I think we should have the greatest national teams regardless of what code they are.

"It would not worry me if it was Aussie rules, rugby league, rugby union or soccer. If it is a national team I would want to support it."

Smith said the $25,000 membership fee was money well spent.

"It is different now to '98 (when the Coast lost the Chargers NRL team). The community has had a good run and a lot of Gold Coast businesspeople have had a good run over the last five years, and I think if they don't get behind this at this point then, really, the Gold Coast will never have a national team in any sport.

"The timing is right and there is a real sense of pride about being a Gold Coaster, and living here. This team will galvanise the community.

"All I really want for my money is two tickets to the game, but at the end of the day the greatest thing for me would be that one year in the next 10 the Titans play in a premiership decider, and you are going to get the satisfaction of thinking 'I was there at the start and I paid the money and did my little bit towards helping them be successful'.

"I think the Titans will become an iconic brand within the Gold Coast and it will make people proud to be a Gold Coaster. And it will get everyone talking about our team, and I think for a place that is full of people who moved here yesterday that could only be a good thing."

Source: Gold Coast Bulletin

Super Cronk
12-11-05, 09:45 AM
Holy crap thats expensive..but when you look at what you get its worth it i reckon.

DeeGan
12-11-05, 10:02 AM
If you have that sort of money, you are going to be well looked after and the value is there.

I will stick to the Gold tickets if you don't mind :laugh:

DeeGan

DIEHARD
12-11-05, 10:14 AM
I have been really impressed with the Titans assault on both the grassroots and corporate sector. They seem to be going after both and working towards the middle, what a great way to build a strong club. The perfect way to build a club.

But the best tickets in the house will be the cheap ones for the Titans supporter bay!

Make no mistake! :raph:

DeeGan
12-11-05, 10:18 AM
I have been really impressed with the Titans assault on both the grassroots and corporate sector. They seem to be going after both and working towards the middle, what a great way to build a strong club. The perfect way to build a club.

The best tickets in the house will be the cheap ones for the Titans supporter bay!

Make no mistake! :raph:

The management team are agressively pursuing all type of fans as that will be our most valuable assett in 2007 and beyond. This, "They seem to be going after both and working towards the middle" is spot on and exactly how it is going to pan out.

The best tickets will be the Titans Supporters Bay with the official Titans Supporter Group, the atmosphere will be unrivalled by any NRL team ;)

DeeGan

Steve Dangerous
12-11-05, 11:08 AM
oh yeah i'll just wait until my next paycheck comes in and i'll be set

Lennox Titan
12-11-05, 12:54 PM
oh yeah i'll just wait until my next paycheck comes in and i'll be set

Ill wait till ive payed off my HECS bill in 2030 then im in.

Kingytek
12-11-05, 09:54 PM
i'll have 3

Dakink
14-11-05, 01:45 PM
i'll have 3

LOL You can give me one of your then!!!

though the supporters bay looks more my price range!