PDA

View Full Version : Round 17: Brisbane Broncos vs Gold Coast Titans

Queenslander
26-06-07, 09:36 AM
Brisbane Broncos vs Gold Coast Titans
Suncorp Stadium, Friday 6th July, 7:30PM

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx11419.jpgvshttp://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx13933.jpg

Referee: Steve Clark

Team Notes:

Broncos
WAYNE Bennett is banking on his seven Origin stars coming through tomorrow night’s third match to be ready for the Gold Coast Titans.

But Brad Thorn (pictured) has said if the Broncos’ young guys are called on again to play in the NRL, it would be ‘a pleasure’ to play with them.

Bennett today named his ‘magnificent seven’ in a 19-man squad to take on the south-east Queensland rivals at Suncorp Stadium on Friday.

Ian Lacey and Nick Kenny are the extra two men on the bench, but Kenny and David Taylor are also due to play tomorrow night.

Brent Tate is out of this match and possibly the season with suspected cruciate and medial ligament damage in his left knee after SOO3, replacement to be named in next few days.

Dane Carlaw is out of this match as well due to injury, with replacement to be named tomorrow.

Karmichael Hunt (corks) and Justin Hodges (ankle) are in extreme doubt.

Titans
Luke Bailey returns for Origin duty at prop, with Stosic going back to a 5 man bench.

Luke Swain returns to Lock, with Hilder going to the bench and Hodgson dropped from the bench.

Mat Rogers has been ruled out of the game and the next 6 weeks after fracturing his knee in a training incident on Tuesday, he has been replaced by Luke O'Dwyer at centre.

The Titans beat the Broncos 28-16 in round five Teams:

http://rebelsport.com.au/data/pages/categories/images/NRL_03.gif

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Steve Michaels
3. Darius Boyd
4. Justin Hodges
5. TBA
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Michael Ennis
8. Ben Hannant
9. Shaun Berrigan
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. David Stagg
12. TBA
13. Tonie Carroll

Interchange:

14. Greg Eastwood
15. Corey Parker
16. Brad Thorn
17. Dave Taylor
18. Ian Lacey
19. Nick Kenny
(two to be omitted)
http://rebelsport.com.au/data/pages/categories/images/NRL_17.gif

1. Preston Campbell
2. Matthew Petersen
3. Luke O'Dwyer
4. Brett Delaney
5. Smith Samau
6. Josh Lewis
7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Ian Donnelly
11. Michael Hodgson
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Luke Swain

Interchange:

14. Matthew Hilder
15. James Stosic
16. Gavin Cooper
17. Clint Amos
18. Kris Kahler
(one to be omitted)

Queenslander
03-07-07, 09:32 AM
Big test ahead, Titans warned

By Steve Ricketts
July 03, 2007

BRISBANE skipper Darren Lockyer says Gold Coast is about to face its acid test, with its ability to finish the season well to determine the fate of its inaugural NRL campaign.

Lockyer said his focus was on guiding Queensland to victory over New South Wales in tomorrow night's third Origin match at Suncorp Stadium, but he was also excited about the prospect of a second derby clash with the Titans at the same ground 48 hours later.

The Titans beat the Broncos 28-16 in round five, with the NRL newcomers shifting the game from their home base at Cararra to Brisbane.

The gamble paid a healthy dividend with a crowd of almost 50,000 for the inaugural southeast derby.

The Broncos are hoping for another 40,000-plus crowd on Friday night.

The Titans are sixth on the NRL ladder on 18 points, two points clear of Brisbane. But a fourth straight win from the Broncos would see them leapfrog the Titans thanks to a superior for-and-against record.

Lockyer said yesterday the Titans had done extremely well in their first season but he had some reservations about their ability to maintain momentum.

"I think the competition being so close ... yeah they've done well," Lockyer said.

"I guess with a new team and the fact with the salary cap now - players change clubs all the time -- everyone at the start of every season has to start afresh with their players. The Titans have come into the competition and done extremely well but I guess the back end of the season will give them a gauge on how their first season really went."

Lockyer said the Broncos could not afford to relax despite winning four from six matches since the Origin series started.

The Titans received some positive news yesterday with star centre Mat Rogers avoiding suspension for a high shot.

The Courier Mail

bigjim
03-07-07, 12:01 PM
I really hope we take it right up to the Broncos.

In reality, though, after the last game at Suncorp where they were made to bus it to the ground, use the away sheds, and then to get beaten to the bargain, they are going to spank us big-time.

The Broncos are on a roll, have a full strength team and are hopefully coming off a SOO win. If they beat us, they leap-frog into fifth or sixth spot.

What more motivation do the Broncos need.

Then again, St George did beat Manly last week. Where there's hope, there's a chance.:woot:

Steelers
03-07-07, 12:07 PM
I honestly see the Titans as favourites. Before the Warriors game, they were on a roll, and they can easily play better than that. The Broncos barely beat the last placed team on the table. They aren't back and blazing like the media has been making out. Titans 1-12 in this one.

bigjim
03-07-07, 12:15 PM
I honestly see the Titans as favourites. Before the Warriors game, they were on a roll, and they can easily play better than that. The Broncos barely beat the last placed team on the table. They aren't back and blazing like the media has been making out. Titans 1-12 in this one.

Wish I could be that confident.

lonegull
03-07-07, 12:32 PM
Wish I could be that confident.

i wish i could be to, i think this will i am sorry to say it our first big loss, i hope i am wrong but the broncos are going to be tough and with laffaranchi out gee its going to be hard bronco's by 30 sorry

Cowboy Titan
03-07-07, 03:17 PM
Gold Coast Titans

1. Preston Campbell,
2. Matthew Petersen,
3. Luke O'Dwyer,
4. Brett Delaney,
5. Smith Samau,
6. Josh Lewis,
7. Scott Prince (c),
8. Luke Bailey,
9. Nathan Friend,
10. Ian Donnelly,
11. Michael Hodgson,
12. Mark Minichiello,
13. Luke Swain.

Subs:

14. Matthew Hilder,
15. James Stosic,
16. Gavin Cooper,
17. Clint Amos,
18. Kris Kahler (one to be omitted).

Cowboy Titan
03-07-07, 03:18 PM
Still no Chris Walker. I'd love to see him back in the side. Hopefully he'll have a great game for the Qld Residents side tomorrow.

lonegull
03-07-07, 03:29 PM
no matty rogers

RLfan
03-07-07, 04:46 PM
Sorry guys but I am a Broncos supporter 1st, Titans 2nd team. I will be cheering on the Broncos. With the Origin boys & Sam Thaiday coming back, hopefully they will get on a roll leading into the finals.

I am happy about Matty Rogers playing, didn't deserve to be suspended.

Coaster
03-07-07, 05:18 PM
Tough assignment.

Without Rogers and lanfranci i dont know about this one.

We need to hold it together and no matter what be competitive.

patskE
03-07-07, 05:21 PM
would of thoguht jake webster would of been bak in the team

Titanium_BD1103
03-07-07, 05:25 PM
would of thoguht jake webster would of been bak in the team

I think he's still injured... so he has been given another week to recover... at least we have depth in the backs... because the team needs it ATM...:duh:

Big J
03-07-07, 05:31 PM
We may have depth in the backs but replacing someone as scintillating in attack as Rogers with a very good defensive centre like O'Dwyer (who I am a big fan of) will do nothing to ease our point scoring issues. This coupled with the form Tonie Carroll and the boys are in and the fact we towelled them up last time makes me a little sceptical as to how we are going to conjure up a win. If I was a betting man :D I would be outlaying some big biscuits on the broncos 13+.

matti
03-07-07, 09:47 PM
Our players are always injured damn titans , how can i go 4 a team when they keep getting injured..

Steelers
03-07-07, 09:54 PM
Our players are always injured damn titans , how can i go 4 a team when they keep getting injured..

Have a go at supporting the Dragons.....:duh:

Chaos
03-07-07, 10:26 PM
This coupled with the form Tonie Carroll and the boys are in and the fact we towelled them up last time makes me a little sceptical as to how we are going to conjure up a win. If I was a betting man :D I would be outlaying some big biscuits on the broncos 13+.

Big J,

I don't need the 13 start...what odds will you give me for the Titans off scratch?

Big J
04-07-07, 10:48 AM
Big J,

I don't need the 13 start...what odds will you give me for the Titans off scratch?

I love your optimism Chaos and i really should have added that I never bet on or against the team that I support but there are of course always exceptions. We could always make it an avatar bet;) Or on the other hand I suggest we bet in schooners. For every schooner you wage I will pay 3 for a titans win. Debt to be payed at either the rabbitohs game or the sharks game depending on which one we can both make it to. Thoughts??

Chaos
04-07-07, 11:40 PM
I love your optimism Chaos and i really should have added that I never bet on or against the team that I support but there are of course always exceptions. We could always make it an avatar bet;) Or on the other hand I suggest we bet in schooners. For every schooner you wage I will pay 3 for a titans win. Debt to be payed at either the rabbitohs game or the sharks game depending on which one we can both make it to. Thoughts??

Your on Big J..I'll wage 2 scooners against your 6.
We'll worry about what game we see later.

It always taste better when someone else is paying!

Big J
05-07-07, 09:26 AM

100% correct Chaos. The pain of buying 6 schooners though will be somewhat dulled by the fact that it will mean the titans have beat the broncos twice in their inaugural year. Either way I win!!!!!!!!!!!!

Throb
05-07-07, 11:30 AM
Sorry to see that Steve Clark is the ref...:mad: :mad:

Rage
05-07-07, 12:06 PM
Broncos v Titans preview
Wednesday, July 4, 2007 - 2:23 PM

This clash could really find out the NRL?s newest franchise, although it does come just two days after Origin, where eight Broncos stars line up; better to face them then than fresh!

After a woeful start to the season the home side is building ominously; they?ve won four of their past five (during which time they?ve had a bye to recharge their batteries) ? including their past three on the trot starting with a gutsy 19-12 win over the resurgent Bulldogs before a 48-18 pasting of the Wests Tigers and 24-16 win (the baby Broncos) over Penrith last week.

They?ve elevated to seventh position on the NRL ladder, the top team in a logjam of six teams on 16 points.

The Titans hit a brick wall in the shape of the Warriors last week after building an impressive four-in-a-row sequence that saw them topple the Rabbitohs, Raiders, Wests Tigers and Knights.

That momentum was flattened by a 22-6 loss to the Kiwi side, although there were excuses given they were without key forwards Luke Bailey (Origin) and their leading stats man Anthony Laffranchi (injury).

Things are only marginally better for them this week ? although Bailey returns they have lost attacking lynchpin Mat Rogers for six weeks with a fractured patella.

The Titans sit in sixth spot on 18 points.

Watch out Broncos: Former Bronco Scott Prince remains the major threat; he?ll give the Titans every chance with an astute kicking game (86 long kicks ? the most by any player) that finds open space nearly 55 per cent of the time.

Pinning the Broncos down deep in their own half will be vital ? if they can force an error they?re a good chance of consolidating with points; nearly 80 per cent of the Titans? 49 tries have been scored in their opponent?s 20-metre zone. Conversely, the Broncos have yielded 70 per cent of their tries in this danger zone.

This is the area where Prince really thrives ? he leads the NRL for try assists with 19 and ranks third in line break assists with 10 ? all from selective passes.

Watch out Titans: With Laffranchi sidelined their forwards looked a little soft at times against the prolific offloads displayed by the Warriors.

They?ve only made 13 big hits in defence this year and this week they come up against the nucleus of the Queensland Origin pack!

With Laffranchi still out they?ll look to Nathan Friend (471 tackles ? 12th most in the comp) and Bailey to up the intensity and get the Broncos on the back foot early.

Where it will be won: The Broncos will take a leaf out of the Warriors? book; after settling the plays they?ll look to run the Titans ragged out wide, where the loss of Rogers could prove insurmountable for the visitors.

Rogers has eight tries for 2007, plus 12 line breaks (third best in the comp). He also has 20 one-on-one tackles and had built a strong defensive line with fellow centre Brett Delaney (26 one-on-ones).

It remains to be seen whether Rogers? replacement Luke O?Dwyer can match it with the Broncos? big men like Justin Hodges ? although he has made two one-on-one tackles from just two appearances. In attack, though, he?s yet to make a break.

Expect benched back Matthew Hilder (32 one-on-ones) to get plenty of game time in defence too.

The History: Played 1; Titans 1, Broncos 0. The Titans will be buoyed by their emphatic 28-16 victory over their south-east Queensland neighbours in round 5. That game was a home game for the Gold Coast ? but it was achieved on the Broncos? ?turf? at Suncorp Stadium where they lock horns again here.

Conclusion: Difficult to go past the home side. They go about things clinically but still have elements of razzle-dazzle so necessary to put opposition sides off their game plans.

Out wide, Preston Campbell is the only Titan back with 100 metres a game to his name (exactly 100); the Broncos boast three in Origin reps Karmichael Hunt (155), Brent Tate (117) and Hodges (167).

That trio have combined for 26 line breaks ? with Rogers missing the entire Titans backline have managed just 21.

It will be interesting to see what, if any, effect Petero Civoniceva?s defection to the Panthers for the next two seasons has on the interaction between him and his team-mates.

Just watch the body language for clues.

lonegull
05-07-07, 12:55 PM
looks like broncos might have a few out, tate is a definite but also hodges and hunt

patskE
05-07-07, 01:42 PM
campbell look set to play

Boofhead
05-07-07, 02:16 PM
looks like broncos might have a few out, tate is a definite but also hodges and hunt

Wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos rested Lockyer too.

lonegull
05-07-07, 02:19 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos rested Lockyer too.

big call especially this is an important game for the broncos, i cant see that happening but stranger things have happened

patskE
05-07-07, 02:29 PM
there forwards will be dead aswell casue msot of em played 60 mins

lonegull
05-07-07, 02:44 PM
couldnt meet brisbane at a better time, i cant work out why they wouldnt of had this game on monday to give a few extra recovery days

patskE
05-07-07, 04:19 PM
titans are paying like 3.50
good odds
might put soem dosh on em

Titanium_BD1103
05-07-07, 04:36 PM
I would be Patske... I have just heard on Superradio network the following:

- Dane Carlaw is out this weekend.

- Karmichael Hunt and Justin Hodges are to be ruled out tomorrow morning

- Denan Kemp who was pulled out of the QLD residents side on Wednesday night is in doubt.

If you can get any better chance to play the Broncos, I want to know it... ;)

BringBackWillie
05-07-07, 08:14 PM
Carlaw and Tate definitely out

Hunt and Hodges to play

DIEHARD
06-07-07, 08:32 AM
The Broncos are still going to field a very dangerous team tonight.

They say they will give until kick off for Hunt and Hodges to prove fitness.

I am sure that they will play though.

jenny
06-07-07, 10:19 AM
Origin casualties plague Broncos
Luke Turgeon
06Jul07

BRONCO Brent Tate is out for the season while fellow stars Justin Hodges and Karmichael Hunt are in doubt for tonight's local derby against the Gold Coast Titans, after Brisbane yesterday felt the full injury fallout from State of Origin 3.

New Zealand Warriors-bound Tate has played his last game in Brisbane colours after scans revealed he ruptured both the anterior cruciate and medial ligaments in his left knee during Queensland's bruising 18-4 loss to NSW on Wednesday.

Tate will undergo a full knee reconstruction tomorrow, meaning he will be sidelined for six to nine months.

"I thought I might have just done my medial ligament, so it hit me like a ton of bricks in the dressing room when the doctor told me what he thought I had done," said 25-year-old Tate, who played 115 first grade games for the Broncos.

"All I can say is that I am bitterly disappointed because I realise I have probably played my last game for the Broncos.

"Now all I want to do is get the surgery done as quickly as I can and then just see how it goes."

Fullback Hunt (corks) and centre weapon Hodges have been given until kick-off to prove their fitness while backrower Dane Carlaw, who was called into the Maroons side on Wednesday after Neville Costigan broke his hand, has been ruled out with a neck injury.

Winger Darius Boyd will also not play due to a hamstring strain.

Craig Frawley has been brought into the side to replace Boyd, while David Stagg will shift from the backrow to the centres for Tate.

Forwards Corey Parker and Brad Thorn will move off the bench into the backrow.

Broncos captain Darren Lockyer and Queensland teammates Petero Civoniceva, Tonie Carroll and Shaun Berrigan have all been ruled fit to play.

Despite Brisbane's injury concerns, Titans coach John Cartwright said he was wary of the Broncos.

The Titans will be looking to topple the defending premier for the second time this season, following their emphatic 28-16 victory over 'big brother' in round five.

After looking well off the pace at the start of the year, the Broncos have surged into finals contention and can leapfrog the Titans into the top six with a win.

Livewire Gold Coast fullback Preston Campbell made it through a field training session yesterday and looks set to shake a lower back injury and take his place in the starting side, while Luke Bailey will back up from NSW Origin duty.

Tweed product Luke O'Dwyer will take Mat Rogers' spot in the centres after it was revealed this week the star dual international had suffered a fractured knee cap during last week's loss to the Warriors.

"We are going to miss him (Rogers)," said Titans co-captain Scott Prince. "He is a real strike weapon in our side, when you go to Matty you know he can spark something out of nothing.

"We have just got to start well and make the Broncos work hard coming out of their own end. Hopefully they will start to think about Wednesday night and the amount of work they got through."
GOLD COAST BULLETIN

DIEHARD
06-07-07, 11:03 AM
Luke O'Dwyer...not too bad a replacement!

lonegull
06-07-07, 12:54 PM
Karmicheal hunt out kemp to replace him at fullback

TITAN FOREVER
06-07-07, 01:14 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke O'Dwyer...not too bad a replacement!

WTF

Coaster
06-07-07, 01:30 PM
Karmicheal hunt out kemp to replace him at fullback
Where did you hear that Lonegull?

Darren Lockyer
06-07-07, 01:34 PM
Hodges in, Hunt out for Titans clash
Posted 1 hour 39 minutes ago
Updated 1 hour 16 minutes ago

Justin Hodges has been passed fit to take on the Titans. (Getty Images: Jonathan Wood)
Brisbane centre Justin Hodges has been passed fit but Karmichael Hunt was not so lucky for tonight's NRL clash with the Gold Coast at Suncorp Stadium.

Hodges hurt his ankle two weeks ago and aggravated it in Wednesday night's third State of Origin clash, but has convinced medical staff he will be right to face the Titans.

Hunt though sustained deep muscle bruising to his thighs against New South Wales and was too stiff to run this morning.

"There are just not enough days between that third Origin game and now for Karmichael to be right to play," Broncos physio Rob Godbolt said in a statement.

"Had we been playing on a Sunday or a Monday, then he might have been OK. But he can't run properly and the risk of him reinjuring himself is pretty high with something like this."

Gold Coast product Denan Kemp, who played in last week's win over Penrith, replaces Hunt in the starting line-up.

The Broncos will also be without Test back Brent Tate and forward Dane Carlaw, who were both injured on Wednesday evening.

Warriors signing Tate has played his last game for the club after scans confirmed he tore both the anterior cruciate ligament and medial ligament in his left knee against the Blues.

The Broncos have won their last three games and captain Darren Lockyer says it is a crucial period for the defending premiers.

"The Broncos have obviously got some momentum in the last few weeks, I think the next two weeks we've got two local derbies against the Titans and the Cowboys and I think our performances over the next fortnight are pretty critical to how we go into the finals series," he said.

Coach Wayne Bennett admits the club will have to quickly recover from Origin.

"We've just got to get through, this week will be tough for us and next week will be tough for us as well," he said.

"There's a hangover factor involved in all this as well so our guys have got to be really mentally strong."

Titans co-captain Luke Bailey says the wounded Broncos will still be dangerous.

"They've missed a few players but they always seem to perform when they put a younger side on the park so regardless of who they put there, we're going to be in for a tough night," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/07/06/1971623.htm?section=sport

League Lover
06-07-07, 02:15 PM
is campbell playen

patskE
06-07-07, 02:16 PM
its wierd
b4 last week i was confindent we could beat any team
now i dont know
just with campbell at the bak i feel unsafe
with mathers he didnt do anyhting speical but was safe as

patskE
06-07-07, 02:19 PM
Livewire Gold Coast fullback Preston Campbell made it through a field training session yesterday and looks set to shake a lower back injury and take his place in the starting side, while Luke Bailey will back up from NSW Origin duty.

taken from gcbulletion

Rage
06-07-07, 07:19 PM
its wierd
b4 last week i was confindent we could beat any team
now i dont know
just with campbell at the bak i feel unsafe
with mathers he didnt do anyhting speical but was safe as

he'll get his confidence back and then we'll see the old Presto who dominated the eels before that injury got him

Rage
06-07-07, 09:21 PM
8 minutes to go and Titans are up 6 points!

jenny
06-07-07, 09:24 PM
8 minutes to go and Titans are up 6 points!

:woot: :woot: :woot: :test: :test: :test: :test: :drinkies: :drinkies: :drinkies:
GO BOYS

Ryan
06-07-07, 09:31 PM
Prince! :surprise:
:hissyfit" :cry:

Kingytek
06-07-07, 09:33 PM
Noooooooooo!

Rage
06-07-07, 09:34 PM
nnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooo

Titans lose by 1 point and Scott Prince is injured

jenny
06-07-07, 09:36 PM
No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

TDoGGBulldog
06-07-07, 09:39 PM
gah close one

but i have one tip right so far :)

Rage
06-07-07, 09:41 PM
gah close one

but i have one tip right so far :)

lol
but who cares bout the match and who won or lost
if Prince is gone, then the season is over

matti
06-07-07, 09:43 PM
seasons gone oh well ,., we tried but gone now

jenny
06-07-07, 09:46 PM
Broncos' golden point win :hissyfit" :hissyfit" :hissyfit"

July 06, 2007 12:00am

BRISBANE 19 TITANS 18

DARREN Lockyer's right foot was the only thing separating the Broncos and the Titans last night when he booted a field goal in extra time to give the Broncos a 19-18 win.

The local derby at Suncorp Stadium, which came just days after one of the toughest matches in recent Origin history, went into golden point after the Broncos' Dave Taylor scored a try, which Corey Parker converted right as the final siren sounded to level the scores at 18-all.

Just a minute into extra time, however, Lockyer's field goal attempt sailed straight between the posts, much to the delight of the large hometown crowd.
Fox Sports

Ryan
06-07-07, 09:49 PM
....Just a minute into extra time, however, Lockyer's field goal attempt sailed straight between the posts, much to the delight of the large hometown crowd.

Almost......:rolleyes:

Titanium_BD1103
lol
but who cares bout the match and who won or lost
if Prince is gone, then the season is over

I wouldn't say the season is over, Lewis is a more than capable halfback and Campbell can slot into 5/8th, with the hope Rogers is back soon...

Having supported a side that has more ups and downs on and off the field than a yo yo at times.. I have come to realise that one player does not make a team... they can play a huge part in a team, but a team is a team for a reason, because all the players play a part... and over time, the gap left by the player can be replaced... not as effectively, but enough to stop a problem from occuring.

It is a massive blow though and one we could ill afford... hopefully it is only a dislocation and he is out of a week, rather than ligament damage and he needs reconstruction....:nope:

I would have to say on the game, we didn't play smart enough today... didn't target the Broncos slow players enough and kept throwing the ball from one side of the field to the other, lacking much direction at times...

Brisbane on the other hand played smart football, did as much as was legally possible to slow down the play the ball... and got their fresh legs on high rotation, in particular Taylor, who impressed me tonight with his bullocking runs and hard hitting defense, even though he did clean up Prince.. :(

I think today was a lesson on being patient and taking opportunities, it wasn't done and now it's back to the drawing board.

I'll post more in the coming days... a gallant performance by both sides, but in the end the difference was not just Lockyer's boot or Prince's injury, it was that Brisbane had a game plan and stuck to it for a full 80 mins.

jenny
DARREN Lockyer's right foot was the only thing separating the Broncos and the Titans last night
Ehhhh??? Last Night????

mb63
06-07-07, 09:50 PM
Any word on the Prince injury?

Coaster
06-07-07, 09:52 PM
Devestating

Rage
06-07-07, 09:53 PM
is a dislocated shoulder a big deal?
like an end of season injury ?
:hissyfit"

Titanium_BD1103
06-07-07, 09:55 PM
is a dislocated shoulder a big deal?
like an end of season injury ?
:hissyfit"

Depends... if it goes straight back in.. no, it's only a week or two.

If it doesn't or lodges in incorrectly, it can mean reconstruction is needed...:cry:

We will have to wait and see the result...

Rage
06-07-07, 09:56 PM

If it doesn't or lodges in incorrectly, it can mean reconstruction is needed...:cry:

hmm ok then
thanks for the quick reply
we're heading into dark times now
titans supporters have to stick together

Robbie_Dee
06-07-07, 09:57 PM
Ehhhh??? Last Night????lol...and isn't he a Left footer???:duh:

Bad luck...thought Titans had the game then Broncos pulled out a heap of momentum from absolutely nowhere!!!!

really bad news about Prince, hope he has a quick recovery!

Ryan
06-07-07, 10:01 PM
lol...and isn't he a Left footer???:duh:

:laugh: yep!

chris_walker_fan86
06-07-07, 10:01 PM
what happend to prince?

jenny
06-07-07, 10:02 PM

TJ...Isn't a dislocation worse than a break?? I've heard

mb63
06-07-07, 10:05 PM
I hope Prince's injury is not too serious,he is a class player.Would be a massive loss to the Titans.Fingers crossed its only minor.

Coaster
06-07-07, 10:05 PM
TJ...Isn't a dislocation worse than a break?? I've heard

More painfull, can also be worse, but lets just wait and see the outcome

jenny
06-07-07, 10:06 PM
More painfull, can also be worse, but lets just wait and see the outcome

Thanks Shane.

chris_walker_fan86
06-07-07, 10:11 PM
what happend to him i missed part of the game

Coaster
06-07-07, 10:13 PM
Charge down, hit in the air, looked like he crushed his ribcage to me, came off looking like he was having trouble breathing.

Looked serious

chris_walker_fan86
06-07-07, 10:15 PM
i will find out how he is doing now

jenny
06-07-07, 10:15 PM
Broncos bag golden-point win over Titans

July 6, 2007 - 9:53PM

Brisbane have paid a high price for their gripping 19-18 golden-point NRL win over the Gold Coast, with Test centre Justin Hodges tearing his hamstring.

The win was also soured by a serious injury to Titans halfback Scott Prince, who was put on a drip and taken to hospital after being crunched in a heavy tackle.

Brisbane skipper Darren Lockyer, playing a record-equalling 274th game, sent the massive crowd of 48,621 into raptures with a spectacular 37-metre field goal in the first minute of extra time which hit both uprights before dropping over the crossbar.

It was Lockyer's 16th career field goal for the club.

Teenage Brisbane forward Dave Taylor sent the game into extra time with his first NRL try in the 78th minute, locking the scores at 18-18.

Taylor raised his arm in a salute as he sailed over the line.

Brisbane had eight players backing up from Wednesday night's Origin game and the Queensland Residents curtain raiser.

They led 12-6 at half-time and showed similar courage to the Maroons on Wednesday night as they kept turning up in defence against the Titans, who upset them on the same ground earlier in the season.

A day after Origin and Test winger Brent Tate's season came crashing down with a serious knee injury, Hodges is looking at between 4-6 weeks on the sidelines.

Hodges, who only made a late decision to play after injuring his ankle in Wednesday night's Origin, hobbled from the field in the last minute of the first half.

The Titans led early after a try to Titans five-eighth Josh Lewis from a well-weighted Prince grubber kick.

Lock Tonie Carroll levelled the scores at 6-6 with a powerhouse try in the 10th minute before journeyman winger Craig Frawley, a late inclusion for Tate, stretched out with his right arm to plant to ball over the line in the 30th minute.

? 2007 AAP

chris_walker_fan86
06-07-07, 10:20 PM
thanks 4 posting

mb63
06-07-07, 10:23 PM
Doesn't sound too promising re Prince.

jenny
06-07-07, 10:25 PM
Doesn't sound too promising re Prince.

I Know..Dredful :nope:

chris_walker_fan86
06-07-07, 10:25 PM
im just about to find out how scott is doing

will let u all know what i find out

jenny
06-07-07, 10:26 PM
im just about to find out how scott is doing

will let u all know what i find out

Thankyou :)

chris_walker_fan86
06-07-07, 11:01 PM
just got a phone call re how scott is doing

scott is in a lot of pain and wont be bak 4 a bit of time

he has been told by doctor to take it easy

Titanium_BD1103
06-07-07, 11:03 PM
Thanks CWF86... I am suggesting he would be considering he went to hospital on a drip.. :(

Extract From: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/queensland-sport/broncos-win-goldenpoint-thriller/2007/07/06/1183351460041.html

The win was a costly one for Brisbane as Test centre Justin Hodges tore his hamstring.

Titans halfback Scott Prince also suffered a serious injury and was put on a drip and taken to hospital after being crunched in a heavy tackle.

Coaster
06-07-07, 11:04 PM

he is in a lot of pain and wont be bak 4 a bit of time

Mate i could have told you that :rolf:

Are you sure you have drunk to much sauce tonight??

jenny
06-07-07, 11:06 PM
Mate i could have told you that :rolf:

Are you sure you have drunk to much sauce tonight??

:hissyfit" laughing....

chris_walker_fan86
06-07-07, 11:09 PM
im going to vist scott tomorrow

if u want u can pm me get well messages 4 him

i will pass them on to scott

Titanium_BD1103
06-07-07, 11:11 PM
I'm no expert, nor do I know Scott in any shape or form... but having mates who are trained as doctors and spending way too much time with them..

From the reports that Scott was suffering from breathing problems, Gus was saying something about his Clavical bone being pushed in, and the fact he is on a drip... my guess is that he has fractured or cracked ribs...

Ok according to this site.. http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/sma/sma_ribinjur_sma.htm

If my guess is correct, he could be out for 4-8 weeks, depending on the severity... and that is a pretty big blow for the Titans... not season ending, but a big blow none the less... :(

Lets all hope my guess is not right and it's not as serious as I am thinking.

chris_walker_fan86
06-07-07, 11:12 PM
he has hurt his ribcage bad poor guy

mb63
06-07-07, 11:12 PM

scott is in a lot of pain and wont be bak 4 a bit of time

How long is a bit of time

jenny
06-07-07, 11:13 PM
chris_walker_fan86
Are you Chris Walker??

Coaster
06-07-07, 11:14 PM
I had fractured ribs and i can tell you it was the most painfull injury i have had, and i have had a broken back and nearly every other bone on this busted body.

If it is ribs, he will be out for 8 weeks at least

chris_walker_fan86
06-07-07, 11:15 PM
could be weeks but doctors said looking at what he has more like months

there not really sure i dont think

Titanium_BD1103
he has hurt his ribcage bad poor guy

Ok then my guess is correct... and I am not happy for that to occur...:nope:... depending on the severity of the damage to the ribcage, could be 2-8 weeks... but judging by the pain he was in and the fact he is on a drip, I'd be going for at least a month out... but someone who has had it like Coaster, who has said it will be at least 2 months, would be more likely to know.. ;)

jenny
I had fractured ribs and i can tell you it was the most painfull injury i have had, and i have had a broken back and nearly every other bone on this busted body.
Really?? poor buggar...:cry:

chris_walker_fan86
06-07-07, 11:18 PM
my sis knows scotts wife to be

jenny
06-07-07, 11:23 PM
Prince hurt in thrilling loss to Broncos

July 6, 2007 - 11:09PM

Broncos coach Wayne Bennett has called for urgent changes to protect kickers after star Gold Coast halfback Scott Prince was rushed to hospital after being injured in Brisbane's thrilling 19-18 golden-point win.

The victory came at a high price for Brisbane who have lost centre Justin Hodges (hamstring) for four to six weeks while Titans forward Michael Hodgson (knee) is gone for the season and James Stosic has torn his medial ligament.

Prince, crunched in a tackle late in the game after making a kick, was put on a drip and transported by ambulance as concerns grew for his health.

Unconfirmed reports said Prince's collarbone in his left shoulder may have broken and gone into his airway.

Brisbane skipper Darren Lockyer kicked a spectacular field goal in the first minute of golden point which bounced off both uprights to snatch a 19-18 win in front of a massive crowd of more than 48,000.

Minutes before Lockyer's match-winner - his 16th field goal in his record equalling 274th premiership game - Prince was assisted from the field in agony.

Titans coach John Cartwright was concerned about Prince's health but did not want to speculate on how serious his injury may be.

He said he knew Prince had injured his collarbone and that there was a complication that it could have been putting pressure on his sternum or spine.

Bennett, who lured Prince from North Queensland to Brisbane where he suffered three serious leg injuries before going to the Tigers, called on officials to immediately introduce a "no contact" rule to safe-guard kickers from serious injury.

Cronulla halfback Brett Kimmorley is facing a long stint on the sidelines after being injured in Wednesday night's State of Origin when brought down by Queensland forward Steve Price.

While Bennett didn't see the incident which led to Prince being hurt, he said it was high time kickers were better looked after.

"The game doesn't protect the kickers enough," said Bennett.

"I get sick of seeing him (Darren Lockyer) getting knocked over week after week and the game has to do something about it.

"There has to be better protection for the kickers.

"My heart goes in my throat every time I see him kick and someone comes through late and I believe they deserve protection.

"It's up the game to say 'hey, this is not going to be acceptable' and I don't think contact after the kick has gone is acceptable.

"I don't believe in any shape, whether it's your legs or your head or whatever, it doesn't matter.

"That's their most vulnerable time and they need to be protected.

Teenage forward Dave Taylor, making his fifth appearance for the club, saved the game when he dived over off a Michael Ennis pass in the 78th minute but his victory salute in the air did not impress Bennett.

"Yeah, we're going to talk about that, me and Dave," said a stern-faced Bennett.

"And I'm going to do all the talking.

"The last thing we need is an 18 year-old lair on our hands."

Lockyer was relieved his match-winner fell over the cross bar.

The captain admitted he was feeling guilty after one of his penalty kicks failed to find touch.

"That woke them up and they scored two tries," said Lockyer.

"I started to kick off to the right, there was a bit of luck," he said.

Cartwright said his players were "shattered" after the loss.

"They're not in there (dressing room) partying."
Telegraph

Coaster
06-07-07, 11:24 PM
Really?? poor buggar...:cry:

Hehe its what you get when you put your head where others are scared to put there foot.

Titanium_BD1103
06-07-07, 11:26 PM
Was about to post that Jenny.. thanks for that... :)

Prince, crunched in a tackle late in the game after making a kick, was put on a drip and transported by ambulance as concerns grew for his health.

Unconfirmed reports said Prince's collarbone in his left shoulder may have broken and gone into his airway.

Titans coach John Cartwright was concerned about Prince's health but did not want to speculate on how serious his injury may be.

He said he knew Prince had injured his collarbone and that there was a complication that it could have been putting pressure on his sternum or spine.

I now hope we are right and the unconfirmed reports are wrong, because if there is any ounce of truth to what is said here, which it sounds like it is...Scott might be in more trouble than just a stint out on the sidelines.. :(

I hope Scott is ok and no matter what, that he recovers fully, I mean it will be bad if we lose him for the rest of the season, but his health should always come first, and he needs to recover fully for his future football career and life.

patskE
06-07-07, 11:26 PM
rkn he move campbell to halfback, or lewis to halfback with hilder number 6?

jenny
06-07-07, 11:28 PM
because if there is any ounce of truth to what is said here, which it sounds like it is...Scott might be in more trouble than just a stint out on the sidelines
God i hope not!! We're all thinking and praying for him TJ.

chris_walker_fan86
06-07-07, 11:33 PM
i passed on that u all said get well to scott

if u got get well messages 4 scott pm me with it

i will pass it on

PROMETHEUS
06-07-07, 11:36 PM
Message sent..Thanks jen. :clap:

chris_walker_fan86
06-07-07, 11:36 PM
i just got it then thanks

matti
06-07-07, 11:48 PM
i think players who actually hurt others should really stay around to see if there ok , i think they should worry more about the person who is hurt as its still another humen. when i saw that charge down those guys just p!ssed off , if it was me i would be around helping the poor buggar up

chris_walker_fan86
06-07-07, 11:49 PM
i agree mate

Boofhead
06-07-07, 11:51 PM
Sigh.

Titanium_BD1103
06-07-07, 11:52 PM
Source: Channel 9 Friday Night Football

Ok Andrew Voss just commented on the match and some good news, if there is good news from an injury...

Scott Prince has dislocated his shoulder, he is in a lot of pain, they put him on the drip as a precaution, but he will be assessed tomorrow in full.

Lets hope there is no rib damage and it's only the shoulder.. and it's not in a dangerous position... all the best Scott.

matti
06-07-07, 11:53 PM
and wen that happen i tore up my hat now its in pieces sniff

chris_walker_fan86
06-07-07, 11:57 PM
he sure is in pain

jenny
06-07-07, 11:59 PM
Source: Channel 9 Friday Night Football

Ok Andrew Voss just commented on the match and some good news, if there is good news from an injury...

Scott Prince has dislocated his shoulder, he is in a lot of pain, they put him on the drip as a precaution, but he will be assessed tomorrow in full.

Lets hope there is no rib damage and it's only the shoulder.. and it's not in a dangerous position... all the best Scott.

Poor Guy....yes defineately,,,,get well and rest well...what a player...gives it his all.
Thanks TJ i have to go to bed...But i really wanted to hear some news on his injury. Alot of people are thinking of him.

Cowboy Titan
07-07-07, 01:49 AM
I just finished watching the game on TV after getting home from the game.

What a game, but what a sad finish, firstly with Scotty's injury and then Lockyers freakish field goal.

Prince will really be missed. I hope the injury isn't as serious as we are hearing. His own try was superb, plus 2 great kicks to set up the other 2 tries and also managing to knock the ball from Lockyer's hands when he looked certain to score.

Well done to Preston for a flawless game tonight after copping alot of criticism after last weeks performance. It looks scary every time he takes a ball over his head, or even behind him, but they all stuck tonight.

It was an inspired performance from Bailey with 21 hitups for 186 metres plus 35 tackles. A fantastic effort backing up from Origin. I thought Minichello had a great game with 22 hitups, 161 metres & 9 tackle breaks. Friend was everywhere in defence with 49 tackles. Delaney kicked well but he's gotta stop heading for the corner and getting bundled into touch.

It was damn painful watching penalty after penalty in the first half. Neither team could get any momentum.

Everyone should be very proud of the Titans performance tonight. They came up against a Broncos side hitting top form, had multiple injury problems before and during the game and still very nearly came away with the points. Well done to the Broncos as well for a great defensive effort and not giving up when it looked that they were gone.

I really think that Preston needs to come into the halves with Prince out. Hilder could cover there but we need Prestons' attacking flair. I think full back can be covered by Walker.

Hopefully we'll finish the round with all Qld teams in the top 8. Lets hope they can all stay there.

RobJ
07-07-07, 07:24 AM
Luke Bailey..........you are a LEGEND. A true leader by example.

Horrible result for the entire team though, we didn't deserve to lose like that, or lose at all in fact.

Best wishes to Scott and hope his injury isn't as bad as what was first thought.

Keep your heads up guys, you continue to play like the top 8 team you are.

Just check out the blue wave in the crowd.......awesome to see.

jenny
07-07-07, 07:25 AM
Scott Prince released from hospital
EXCELLENT
July 7, 2007 - 6:30AM

Gold Coast halfback Scott Prince has been cleared of any serious injury after being taken to a Brisbane private hospital following Friday night's NRL clash with Brisbane.

Prince sent a huge scare through the Titans camp when crunched in a two-man tackle late in his team's shattering 19-18 golden point loss.

He was in excruciating pain as he left the field three minutes from the end of the game which ended in an 18-18 draw after 80 minutes.

Prince was given pain killers and placed on a drip before being transported by ambulance to Brisbane's St Andrews Private hospital about 10 minutes from the ground.

"He was put in an ambulance and taken off to hospital, it doesn't look good," Titans coach John Cartwright told reporters after the game.

It was initially feared Prince had broken his collarbone and possibly suffered other complications.

But after undergoing scans to his neck and collarbone region Friday night he was cleared of any break and released in the early hours of this morning.

Prince's teammate, Clint Amos, was not so lucky, being detained for observation after suffering a bad concussion.

It was a nightmare evening for the Titans who also lost back-rower Michael Hodgson (knee) for the season, continuing a drain on their forward ranks.

Cartwright remained positive that a spate of serious injuries was not crippling the club's form after such a good start to their debut season.

"We'll have guys coming back shortly, you just keep turning them over, every club is going through the same thing."
League HQ

Gazza
07-07-07, 07:53 AM
Chris Walker if you are so close to Scottie why didnt you know that he is married instead of saying you know his wife to be.Married Hamilton Is. Brent Tate best man couple months ago.

Good luck Scottie.Broncs fan but Scottie has had his fair share of bad luck and is a credit on and off the field to any team.

As for Taylor hanging around after the injury to Prince?Get over it.The kid is 18yrs old and just starting out in the big league.See Hodgo when a Titan was injured?None of the Titans hang around to see if he was okay but Hodges did.

Well done to the Broncs.Locky is a legend and the Broncs are on the way up.Deserved the win with the week they have had having 11players backing up.
Keep it up Titans.You will have the trophy one day but all things dont happen over night.

chris_walker_fan86
07-07-07, 08:40 AM
he is still in a lot of pain

jenny
07-07-07, 10:37 AM
RobJ RobJ
Junior Titan
Luke Bailey..........you are a LEGEND. A true leader by example.
Isn't he just?!?!?

RLfan
07-07-07, 11:01 AM
One of the best games of the year IMO. I am happy the Broncos got up even by only a point. When Dave Taylor scored, I was almost throwing the cat in the air like a football.

As much as I am happy for a Broncos victory I don't want to see the Titans slide and hope they win next week.

Best wishes Princey, Hodgo (Michael & Justin)

Titanium_BD1103
07-07-07, 12:01 PM
Glad to hear Scotty is ok... even if he isn't severly injured, I reckon he sits the next game out as a precaution... we don't want him to damage it again and be out for the season or worse for it to affect his career.

All the best mate and I hope you make a full recovery,you have the support of all the team and their fans behind you, and great to hear you are not seriously injured from the sounds of things... :)

jenny
07-07-07, 02:51 PM
Gazza Gazza
Chris Walker if you are so close to Scottie why didnt you know that he is married instead of saying you know his wife to be.Married Hamilton Is. Brent Tate best man couple months ago.

:rolf: Slammer....:p

Rage
07-07-07, 09:28 PM
so whats the new on Scott Prince?
is he out for the season?

squirrell
07-07-07, 09:32 PM
not out for the season,cleared of serious injury,no breaks as first thought and hes out of hospital thank god...I need to hear these words against the raiders please....WALKERS ON..im praying.

Rage
07-07-07, 09:49 PM
not out for the season,cleared of serious injury,no breaks as first thought and hes out of hospital thank god...I need to hear these words against the raiders please....WALKERS ON..im praying.

i hope so too
regardless of scenario Prince is probably out for this week so i think

Chris Walker - Fullback
Preston Campbell - Five - eigth
Josh Lewis - Halfback

the rest of the team as they were should be ok

chris_walker_fan86
08-07-07, 10:13 AM
lets just hope walker is in

TITAN FOREVER
08-07-07, 11:19 AM
Be interesting to see what Carty does.

Preston
Lewis

Hilder (defence)
Lewis
Preston fullback attackng

Lewis and Preston may be a bit light on with their defence in the middle, may need some cover??

Not sure about Walker??

Think Carty has some good options to pick from.

chris_walker_fan86
08-07-07, 01:18 PM
lewis is great as well

Chaos
08-07-07, 11:10 PM

Big J,

I owe you two scooners...I was devastated last Friday night.
Prince had Lockyer by the balls until some big, ugly Ogre took him out.

My money will always go on Prince in the big games. I'll be back!

Big J
09-07-07, 09:03 AM
Big J,

I owe you two scooners...I was devastated last Friday night.
Prince had Lockyer by the balls until some big, ugly Ogre took him out.

My money will always go on Prince in the big games. I'll be back!

Mate I can honestly say I have never been so upset winning two schooners. Had to go out for dinner Friday night so I stayed up till half eleven to watch the replay. I can assure you that at half one in the morning when Lockyer kicked that field goal my schooner nearly found its way through the television.:banghead:

I would swap 24 schooners for the 2 competition points, but I suppose I'll drink the 2 schooners anyway. Its only fair.:drinkies: :drinkies: