Page 141 of 165 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2463

Quote Originally Posted by Titan68 View Post
    So we’re not looking to off load Koni , but he was quick to say bye bye to LG. And he’s hoping that over priced reject Bryce Cartwright comes good. Interesting
    Well LG's contract is coming to an end, whereas Koni still has until the end of 2019...completely different circumstances between choosing not to extend a player and releasing a player early.

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Because why would you pay a part of their contracts to play for another club? That's what got Canterbury into a big mess.
    ^^^Exactly!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Well LG's contract is coming to an end, whereas Koni still has until the end of 2019...completely different circumstances between choosing not to extend a player and releasing a player early.
    Agreed.

Koni should consider himself on notice though, don't you think? Once you have the backing of the boss when you've only been going so/so...it's usually a good time to put the feelers out. lol

Alex Glenn would be an awesome signing, underrated in my opinion and like you said DB, he would be a good signing to build the culture and experience.

I may have this wrong but didn’t he once say that he hated the titans and would never play for us? That’s going back a long time to when he was a junior but I briefly remember it.

Fingers crossed because Hooper is usually spot on. We shall see.
    I think I remember him saying that during his last or a previous contract negotiation when we once again thought the Broncos were under some sort of salary cap squeeze. He would be good on that left edge, but I also don't like taking the "on their way to retirement" rejects of other teams.

I think a left side 2nd rowers worth will be seen this weekend when Sj and Harris run at Hipgrave and Hurrell.

There is a little traction to the Glenn noise. However told not to bet on it. With Gillett and a bunch of the young Bronco forwards re-signing it MAY force Glenn out. Early days but interesting to watch.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    There is a little traction to the Glenn noise. However told not to bet on it. With Gillett and a bunch of the young Bronco forwards re-signing it MAY force Glenn out. Early days but interesting to watch.
    Problem he has is that he's played his hand in the last two contracts he has taken with the Broncos. Doesn't want to leave the Gold Coast and was willing to take $400k to get that elusive premiership which hasn't been delivered by the Donkeys anyway.

Inactive User

I guess Glenn would improve an area of weakness and he’s a local junior but it reminds me too much of the old Giants/Seagulls retirement signings

Rep Player

Take whatever you want to give Glenn and throw it at Oates. Seriously Glenn would be fine and would sure up our defence but again we want up and comers. Im yet to see any "established" players (well actually except for Gordon) come here and improve their game.

Also Koni is only 26??!! I thought he was hitting the twilight of his career given his decline this year.

I think the Cowboys are in the lead for Oates' signature. Badel saying Don will make a decision on Monday about his playing future. Again, Badel is saying Titans want him to take a $60K pay cut to stay. Wests and Sharks the Sydney suitors.

Chris Garry from channel 7 now reporting that Kahu and Glenn may be both leaving at seasons end and we are targeting them. Would be good to get both and would make sense considering both live in the Gold Coast don't they? Would depend on what we are offering them I suppose.

Rep Player

Chris Garry from channel 7 now reporting that Kahu and Glenn may be both leaving at seasons end and we are targeting them. Would be good to get both and would make sense considering both live in the Gold Coast don't they? Would depend on what we are offering them I suppose.
    Kahu is signed til 2020 with the donkeys so if there is any truth then they are under the pump to retain their juniors

First Grader

Kahu is terrible and I'm not really keen on a 30 year old who hasn't been that crash hot. No to both. Would actually be disappointed if we ended up with either

Kahu has too many injuries in him and his defence leaves a lot to be desired. Glenn I'm indifferent about.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Kahu is terrible and I'm not really keen on a 30 year old who hasn't been that crash hot. No to both. Would actually be disappointed if we ended up with either
    Exactly how I feel. They're offering up their dead weight so that can free up money to sign their young guns. Why not drop them at the kneecaps and take the players they want. Starting with TPJ. There is a reason why these rumours get out - because the Bronco's let them. You never see rumours getting out about players they want to keep.

Me too, no to both.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Exactly how I feel. They're offering up their dead weight so that can free up money to sign their young guns. Why not drop them at the kneecaps and take the players they want. Starting with TPJ. There is a reason why these rumours get out - because the Bronco's let them. You never see rumours getting out about players they want to keep.
    This is such a good point. I’ve changed my mind, I agree with NO for both. We should be weakening the Drongoes and going after who they want to keep eg TPJ