Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

I'm going to wait to hear what DCE says before I fire up, but if he changes his mind now, I would place him as the biggest fark-knuckle I have ever seen in all my years of watching RL.

Not just in RL, but a genuine disappointment as a person, a shallow, hollow human being with no conscience, who puts himself above all else. Further to that, even as a Queenslander, I will wish pain and injury on him every time he takes to the field. I will genuinely hope his career falters, hopefully quickly, preferably through injury, but I'll settle for poor form and the fact his team mates won't trust him and he ends up playing park footy getting smashed by big props running over him.

But I'm going to wait to hear what he has to say before I get fired up.

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Qld cup, with any luck.
    It's before round 13 he can go to Manly now IMO. DCE can pick up the tab.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

If the money being thrown about by Foxsports is accurate.... $10 million dollar contract over 6 years. The plus side is that we have helped Manly destroy themselves financially for a few years...

If the money being thrown about by Foxsports is accurate.... $10 million dollar contract over 6 years. The plus side is that we have helped Manly destroy themselves financially for a few years...
    The Manly forum has it pretty consistently that it's less than $4mil over 4 years. If it's $10mil over 6 years then that is just crazy.

'
    That little far king C###.

Hate the liitle prick now.

No tweets from his mum this time. All her old tweets are gone too...

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I'm going to wait to hear what DCE says before I fire up, but if he changes his mind now, I would place him as the biggest fark-knuckle I have ever seen in all my years of watching RL.

Not just in RL, but a genuine disappointment as a person, a shallow, hollow human being with no conscience, who puts himself above all else. Further to that, even as a Queenslander, I will wish pain and injury on him every time he takes to the field. I will genuinely hope his career falters, hopefully quickly, preferably through injury, but I'll settle for poor form and the fact his team mates won't trust him and he ends up playing park footy getting smashed by big props running over him.

But I'm going to wait to hear what he has to say before I get fired up.
    LOL C-Whiz. You are waiting to see what he says before you get fired up but you have wished injury etc etc. I await with interest your later posts if the backflip is true. Should be nice and defamatory!

- - - Updated - - -

No tweets from his mum this time. All her old tweets are gone too...
    Yeah I noticed her old tweets were gone a few days ago and that did make me a bit more concerned.

Daly Cherry-Evans to remain at Manly after reneging on Titans deal
    PHIL ROTHFIELD — EXCLUSIVE THE DAILY TELEGRAPH JUNE 03, 2015 10:36AM

DALY Cherry-Evans has reneged on the Gold Coast Titans to sign a $10 million contract with the Manly Sea Eagles — by far the most lucrative deal in the game’s history.

The 26-year-old has agreed to a minimum six years in a similar open-ended contract to what AFL superstar Buddy Franklin signed with the Sydney Swans two years ago.

“Daly Cherry-Evans will be at Manly for the rest of his career,” said a Manly source.

The deal is worth more than a $1 million a season which would be worth more than $10 million if he plays on till the age of other great halfbacks like Johnathan Thurston.

The Daily Telegraph understands Cherry-Evans himself broke the news to a shattered Titans coach Neil Henry at 10am.

Cherry-Evans decision to remain with the Sea Eagles draws to a close one of the of the most protracted contract sagas in NRL history.

The Queensland Origin representative was engaged in high profile negotiations with Cronulla and the Titans before agreeing to a four-year deal with the Gold Coast on March 6th.

Cherry-Evans refused to categorically deny the near constant rumours of a potential backflip.

During an interview with Fox Sports in late May, Cherry-Evans said “I guess it would be a curious situation to see what does eventuate if (Manly) do offer something.

“There is still two weeks left, so two more weeks of speculation.

“There is a rule in place which gives Manly every opportunity to do what they have to retain me.”

“With the decision, I have nothing to change at the moment,” he said.

“I’m happy with my decision to go to the Gold Coast, and as we know there is a rule in place which allows Manly to have a go at retaining me.”

The halfback’s decision to turn his back on the Gold Coast is the latest example of the controversial “Round 13” rule, which prevents any player registering a contract with a new club until the midpoint of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    The Manly forum has it pretty consistently that it's less than $4mil over 4 years. If it's $10mil over 6 years then that is just crazy.
    If the amounts are true then that would be about $1.6 mil a year. Now that is a fair bit or your cap on one player.

Is Phil the one who reported Elgey to have signed with Manly?

Throw in Myles $500k a year and you have $2mil just on two players. I guess Lyon would retire in the next few years so that would free some cash up.

Time to start looking for a new half

My only hope now is that it causes more turmoil for the Manly players who didn't want the little pr1ck in their team.

If this is true then that is it for me, I have watched my last NRL game. It's like a relationship that one disaster after another happens.... eventually you want out. Disgraceful NRL and Disgraceful Manly for your lack of integrity and mostly Disgraceful Daley Cherry Evans..... your reputation is forever damaged, tainted and beyond repair. #turnyourbackonDCE
    Psmitty

So Henry was reportedly told at 10am so it would be fair to assume that Graham Annesley was told by Henry shortly after.
    Why then didn't the Titans take the lead on this and blow the story into the open. We owe Manly and DCE nothing.