Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 6: RAIDERS vs TITANS (2024)

Raiders v Titans
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Ok I think it's time to get real and think about our future. Boyd's not cutting it and Foran is slow and easy for defences to handle, He's not giving us enough, especially with limited minutes. Let him run the drinks. I reckon we need to go with:

1 Kini
    2 Francis.
    3 Kelly
    4 Jojo
    5 HSS (hopefully he'll grow. still a better attitude than Lofi and is Ken really that bad?)
    6 AJ
    7 JC
    8 Mo
    9 Randall
    10 JJ
    11 Haas
    12 DF
    13 Pahulu

14 Verrills
    15 Fermor
    16 Stimson
    17 Clark

Iszac can't be far off. How's his QCup form? Can he take Clark's place on the bench yet? Also Stimson is so hard to judge when he gets so many limited minutes. Maybe we should start him?

Drop Stimson Clark and bring in Isaac and alick so they can get runs

Alick has been shifted to lock in qcup at the clubs request I think

- - - Updated - - -

Also I’d have weaver at 7 and Campbell at 1. Kini won’t do well for a few more months until he’s got confidence back in cup

Speculation from what saw today:

1. JC
    2. Lofi (hope he got the wake-up call)
    3. Kelly
    4. Jojo
    5. Francis
    6. AJ
    7. Foran
    8. JJ
    9. Verrills
    10. Mofo
    11. Difita
    12. Fermor
    13. Haas (he’s more workhorse than an edge)

14. Randall (he’s a utility but we need him with fresh legs)
    15. Liu
    16. Stimson
    17. Pahulu
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Hoping for a lineup of
    1. Campbell
    2. AKP
    3. Kelly
    4. Jojo
    5. Francis
    6. Brimson
    7. Weaver
    8. Mo
    9. Verrills
    10. Jolliffe
    11. Fermor
    12. Fifita
    13. Haas
    14. Randall
    15. Pahulu
    16. Stimson
    17. Liu

If anyone watches the highlights of Raiders last night, you’d be getting on them +50. That was impressive. Speed to burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    Hoping for a lineup of
    1. Campbell
    2. AKP
    3. Kelly
    4. Jojo
    5. Francis
    6. Brimson
    7. Weaver
    8. Mo
    9. Verrills
    10. Jolliffe
    11. Fermor
    12. Fifita
    13. Haas
    14. Randall
    15. Pahulu
    16. Stimson
    17. Liu
    Yeah I’d be happy with that side.
    Might even favour HSS over Lofi. Yeah he had a stinker with his hands and looked a bit lost at times but so does Lofi a lot of the time and at least HSS doesn’t get folded every hit up the way Lofi does. Lofi is ineffective unless he’s being put into space and that just isn’t happening at the moment.
    HSS is an ex Raider too so he’d want to have a big game.
    Seen a lot of people saying Weaver is no better than Boyd but geez he couldn’t do any worse.
    Bye Tanah, time for someone else to have a crack mate.

There is a lot to worry about in this game: two of our own in Rapana and Fogarty for starters, our lack of a kicking game and our almost ludicrous catching game. Weaver played primarily on the right last season, so I expect that's where he goes if Foran is fit (sic) and then if it's AJ does AJ revert to the left? If it's still Foran and Boyd then we can just expect more of the same. If Clark is in the 17 then we can also expect more of the same.

I might be in the minority on this but I have never believed that we are not fit enough. There is nothing that I have seen in the games that suggest anything other than fatigue from giving away too much size, defending a litany of careless errors, compounded by an atrocious missed tackle rate, p1ss-poor communication and then succumbing to the resultant demotivation. Just my observations.
    Last edited by Titanic; 08-04-24 at 03:16 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    Ok I think it's time to get real and think about our future. Boyd's not cutting it and Foran is slow and easy for defences to handle, He's not giving us enough, especially with limited minutes. Let him run the drinks. I reckon we need to go with:

1 Kini
    2 Francis.
    3 Kelly
    4 Jojo
    5 HSS (hopefully he'll grow. still a better attitude than Lofi and is Ken really that bad?)
    6 AJ
    7 JC
    8 Mo
    9 Randall
    10 JJ
    11 Haas
    12 DF
    13 Pahulu

14 Verrills
    15 Fermor
    16 Stimson
    17 Clark

Iszac can't be far off. How's his QCup form? Can he take Clark's place on the bench yet? Also Stimson is so hard to judge when he gets so many limited minutes. Maybe we should start him?
    I would cry tears of joy if this team is picked on Wednesday, even if Clark gets a run

- - - Updated - - -

Please Lofi nowhere near the team. His only discernible RL skill is 'run fast' and he hasn't even looked quick this season. I'd have Francis, Kini or even Maumalo over him any day of the week. At least we wouldn't be guaranteed to be driven back 5 metres every time the left winger takes it out of yardage.

He's an utter passenger like Boyd.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    There is a lot to worry about in this game: two of our own in Rapana and Fogarty for starters, our lack of a kicking game and our almost ludicrous catching game. Weaver played primarily on the right last season, so I expect that's where he goes if Foran is fit (sic) and then if it's AJ does AJ revert to the left? If it's still Foran and Boyd then we can just expect more of the same. If Clark is in the 17 then we can also expect more of the same.

I might be in the minority on this but I have never believed that we are not fit enough. There is nothing that I have seen in the games that suggest anything other than fatigue from giving away too much size, defending a litany of careless errors, compounded by an atrocious missed tackle rate, p1ss-poor communication and then succumbing to the resultant demotivation. Just my observations.
    I'm with you in that minority T. I like your side too. You make good points about Haas looking more reliable in the middle. It must be why I like him more this season. But I couldn't start him if Liu is fit. Liu is a starter for me and Pahulu takes his place when he's buggered. That would also negate the need for Clark but I'm seeing more from him than Stimson this year. That may b completely unfair because Des isn't giving Stimson minutes. I really can't follow the interchange decision-making. When Stimson has come on though, I'm not seeing impact. There's a little bit with Clark when he doesn't drop the ball or miss tackles.

I also have to respectfully disagree about starting Verrills, despite how well he played yesterday. Randall is a better starter for mine and we'll want him when Big Papa and Tapine are bringing it off the back fence. I'd be happy to interchange them directly to keep some size on the park for us. I also can't have two non-kickers in the halves and that's why I can't come at AJ and Foran. Weaver or JC in the 7 for me but I think JC is safer in D and Kini is safer all round than Weaver on the park for now. Hopefully Weaver will prove himself in D this year.

BUT is Kini fit? Did he play on the weekend? How did he and Weaver go defensively?

I hope HSS gets a chance to redeem himself against his old side.

Kini injured I believe

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Kini injured I believe
    Jesus, + JC in a moonboot and Foz with the arthritis. There is basically no chance that Tanah gets dropped tomorrow then

Really? JC is out too? And Foran? If AJ is at the back, who the hell is in the halves?

Oh this is going to be ugly.

- - - Updated - - -

Weaver 7, Boyd 6?

First Grader

JC was in a moonboot at the airport, not sure if he'll actually be out or not

Rep Player

JDG for fb