Rep Player

Default 2023 Post Mortem

Before we scatter the ashes on another wasted season, it’s time to reflect. What was your:

Favourite Moment:
    Worst Moment:
    Best Player:
    Worst Player:
    Most Surprising Player:
    Will we need to do to be better in 2024
    :

- - - Updated - - -

Mine was:

Favourite Moment:toss up between Beating the storm at the start of the year and beating the broncos in that spiteful game at Suncorp
    . I know they were down on troops but for a second there it looked like it might all finally click.(Holbrook getting sacked for as my favourite non footy moment)

Worst Moment: While we have done it many times the capitulation to the dolphins was just pathetic. Even being up 28 points you just knew we were going to lose and just came to show how much of a weak willed low IQ team we can be.

Best Player:while Tino is a beast it has to be David Fifita this year. I was extremely harsh on our million dollar man last year but this year saw him just put his head down, work on his game, play to his strengths and fix his weaknesses. The fact he extended with us with big interest from other clubs was the cherry on top for an amazing year.

Worst Player: while not alone hands down Aaron Schoupp. I thought he might have been a good buy as he had mongrel but holy hell is he ordinary. Cannot defend to save himself, ball hog and just found a way to never be in position. God I hope we can get him off the books.

Most Surprising Player: hands down Chris Randall. I was one of Marzhew biggest fans and I still would have him over a Schoupp but if you told me that both teams could look at that trade saying we got a gun player that suits our team I would of laughed. He could he anything he is just a tough player who is relentless no matter where you plug him in.

Will we need to do to be better in 2024: im a broken record but if we could just fix our defensive line speed and wrapping up defenders, not play low IQ panic footy when we get pressured and find the right bench rotation for our team we would be pushing for the 8. I don’t know if we have the troops and we really need to sort out our spine and stick with it but I can o lay hope des reads the riot act

Favourite moment: Hasler announced and beating the Bronx
    Worst moment: the dolphins comeback
    Best player: Tino
    Worst player: shoupp and liu
    Most surprising player: Randall
    Improvement: DEFENSE

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Before we scatter the ashes on another wasted season, it’s time to reflect. What was your:

Favourite Moment:
    Worst Moment:
    Best Player:
    Worst Player:
    Most Surprising Player:
    Will we need to do to be better in 2024
    :

- - - Updated - - -

Mine was:

Favourite Moment:toss up between Beating the storm at the start of the year and beating the broncos in that spiteful game at Suncorp
    . I know they were down on troops but for a second there it looked like it might all finally click.(Holbrook getting sacked for as my favourite non footy moment)

Worst Moment: While we have done it many times the capitulation to the dolphins was just pathetic. Even being up 28 points you just knew we were going to lose and just came to show how much of a weak willed low IQ team we can be.

Best Player:while Tino is a beast it has to be David Fifita this year. I was extremely harsh on our million dollar man last year but this year saw him just put his head down, work on his game, play to his strengths and fix his weaknesses. The fact he extended with us with big interest from other clubs was the cherry on top for an amazing year.

Worst Player: while not alone hands down Aaron Schoupp. I thought he might have been a good buy as he had mongrel but holy hell is he ordinary. Cannot defend to save himself, ball hog and just found a way to never be in position. God I hope we can get him off the books.

Most Surprising Player: hands down Chris Randall. I was one of Marzhew biggest fans and I still would have him over a Schoupp but if you told me that both teams could look at that trade saying we got a gun player that suits our team I would of laughed. He could he anything he is just a tough player who is relentless no matter where you plug him in.

Will we need to do to be better in 2024: im a broken record but if we could just fix our defensive line speed and wrapping up defenders, not play low IQ panic footy when we get pressured and find the right bench rotation for our team we would be pushing for the 8. I don’t know if we have the troops and we really need to sort out our spine and stick with it but I can o lay hope des reads the riot act
    You absolutely nailed it mate. I agree 100%.

Favourite Moment: I have 5;
    - JC's intercept against the Wahs. I have never jumped so high out of my seat at CBUS in my life cheering the kid on.
    - Sexton's last hurrah against the Dragons was a bittersweet moment for him.
    - Beating the Broncos at Suncorp after the whole Holbrook saga (and dealing with seething Bronx fans after).
    - The sell out against the Broncos in round 7. Knew we were no chance but the atmosphere was amazing to be apart of after so long not reaching max capacity for years.
    - The way our club managed to keep majority of signings out of the loop of media, and actually retained players that will be key going forward.

Worst Moment: I assume we all collectively agree that the Dolphins collapse is by far the worst moment this year and top 5 all time, right?

Best Player: For me, it's a toss up between Moe and Tino. Tino has always been consistent all year, but after Moe was shut down in round 2 against the Dragons, something clicked in that man and he went on a warparth in carries and metres that got him his spot back in the Origin squad. Honourable mention to Fifita too, what a turn around he's had.

Worst Player: Schoupp and Stimson. Nuff said.

Most Surprising Player: Randall hands down. Probably the first 'trade' deal where both parties got good deals.

Will we need to do to be better in 2024: If we don't strive to be better, will we ever? We need to focus on that defence and line speed like it's do or die, and have an ACTUAL bench rotation. And can Des please pick the BEST 1-13 please? and not pick players over others due to loyalty and bias?

Favourite moment: Beating the Donkeys on their home turf
    Worst Moment: Dolphins collapse
    Most surprising player: Randall, and it's not even close
    Worst player: Schoupp, Liu
    Improvement: I don't know. Everything.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 05-09-23 at 01:31 AM.

Favourite moment: always great to beat broncos, but special mention to beating eels on magic round

Worst moment: dolphins comeback, probably my lowest moment following this team since day 1 (probably because I can’t stand Bennett or Wallace)

Best player: Tino. Still has some frustrating errors, but never through lack of effort. Fifita was great but feel he ran out of legs in last month of season. Special mention to Sami. I never understood the hate he copped from Titans supporters. Thought he had a great year that unfortunately finished early.

Worst player: Schoupp, then daylight (not Matt)

Most surprising player: Randall

Need to improve in 24: settle on a spine. I want JC, AJ, Foz and Verrills. Understand kicking game will not be elite, but will be serviceable. I think that is our best combo. Means we need to find another centre.
    Last edited by Ausphin; 04-09-23 at 07:30 PM.

First Grader

Favourite moment; Besting the Donkeys at Suncorp
    Worst moment: Getting run down by the Dolphins
    Best Player: Tino by a country mile
    Worst player: Schoup by a country mile and Lui based on salary
    Most surprising player: Randal
    Need to improve: We have gone 2 years without an experienced 7 and is a major reason for our poor performances over the last 2 years.
    Put Foran at 7 and AJ at 6 with JC at 1. It is time to have experience in the 7 and no more experimenting. It does not work
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 04-09-23 at 09:24 PM.

I won’t speculate on the intangibles such as recruitment or specific selections and have added (a) for individuals and (b) for the greater good.

Favorite moment: (a) Fifita signing the first time; (b) win over ‘Ponies.
    Worst moment: (a) Those clauses; (b) Losing to Bennett and his love child Wallace.
    Best player/play: (a) Tino; (b) Inside balls to AJ.
    Worst player/play: (a) Schoupp edging Clark; (b) Bench rotations.
    Most surprising player/play: (a) Randall; (b) Not holding Lofi and Haas accountable.
    Needed improvement: (a) Defence; (b) Selection imbalance.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Awesome thread 5YC

Favourite Moment: Beating Bronx at home after Holbrook departing

Worst Moment: Phins comeback. Unchallenged at the top of that list.

Best Player: Tino. HM to Mo & Dave

Worst Player: I'll probably phrase this as most disappointing instead of worst as I think it needs to be considered relative to salary/cap - some guys are on peanuts and playing like a player who's on peanuts. Relative to salary, Liu had the least value added IMO.

Most Surprising Player: Randall is an easy pick. I expected him to be an NRL capable backup but he's exceeded that by a way. HM to JC becoming IMO our best #1, and Mo having a bouceback year after a few underwhelming ones - both surprised me.

Will we need to do to be better in 2024: Heaps. Defensive detail stays at the top of the list. Improving IQ/decision making under fatigue up there as well.