Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 2: DRAGONS vs TITANS (2023)

DRAGONS vs TITANS
    Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney
    6:25pm Sunday 12 March 2023
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

First Grader

Justin saying “Foran’s not looking good” and that he’ll go for scans. Also says it doesn’t seem to be the ACL but possibly the PCL which has me very nervous. PCL injuries are 4-6 weeks, farkk.

If Foz is out what do we even do for 6? Justin said JC at 6 again is a possibility but that’s a bit of a worry defensively.
    Last edited by Titslover; 05-03-23 at 09:41 PM.

Banned

I got red v inside of me
    You like that rhyme

- - - Updated - - -

If Foz out put Sexton in

First Grader

Maybe JC to 6 and Kini to 14 or the other way around if we're feeling wild. I think it's best just to keep AJ out the back but it's probably safer to move him to 6 and JC to 1 and go back to last years spine with Verrills, It's not a bad one at all...

Edit: Watching the press conference I reckon JC probably starts at 6.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 05-03-23 at 10:36 PM.

AJ should go to 6 and JC to 1 if Foran is injured. There's already continuity with that group so I don't understand JC to 6 just to keep AJ at 1.

JC is not as suited to 6 as AJ is.

The other thing to consider is how much contribution AJ had to our defence from the back...which I think is quite a bit. At the same time an edge of Lofi/Sami/Fifita/JC makes me pretty nervous defensively. I think with the ball we're fine either way.

Trusting they've got enough vision from pre-season to make the best call. JC been training everywhere and AJ has enough reps at 6 to slot in there if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    The other thing to consider is how much contribution AJ had to our defence from the back...which I think is quite a bit. At the same time an edge of Lofi/Sami/Fifita/JC makes me pretty nervous defensively. I think with the ball we're fine either way.

Trusting they've got enough vision from pre-season to make the best call. JC been training everywhere and AJ has enough reps at 6 to slot in there if needed.
    Could Kini snag a spot on the bench now or too early? Against the dragons might be the best team to debut against

Always good to start the season with two wins. Dragons are a basket case.

Beware the second kick, beware an early lead AND beware playing a desperate club at their home at the start of a season before they have faced reality. This will be another stern challenge as we try to find our combinations.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Yeah this is no walk over game at all, I'd say tougher then Tigers because Dragons have been together for a while no matter the talent level, Ben Hunt can win games for them by himself. Our forwards should be better for the run and Dragons forward pack are their weak point imo. Suli and Rava are big boys compared to Sami and Lofi, That does scare me a lot especially if Foran is out. It's going to be interesting how the handle that. I'd have Spry and Francis running at those guys all week to prepare.

I'd love to see Tino be the second rower in attack way more, Stimson can do more of the hard work plus our backs doing a lot of runs, A lot like Nelson down at Storm.

I love it when Tino gets a bit wider in attack every now and then. He's an absolute handful for the defence.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Beware the second kick, beware an early lead AND beware playing a desperate club at their home at the start of a season before they have faced reality. This will be another stern challenge as we try to find our combinations.
    Well said mate

Banned

I tipped dragons

Quote Originally Posted by coreythompson View Post
    I tipped dragons
    Ban candidate moderators?

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    Ban candidate moderators?
    Done. Apologies - shouldn't have taken you asking. Guy is clearly just trolling.