Page 153 of 165 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2463

They even added in the player announcement that he still had a “lot of friends” at the club. That being his sooky mate.

Immortal

Titans have signed some very talented youngsters in the last week. Well done Titans

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Titans have signed some very talented youngsters in the last week. Well done Titans
    Like who mate. And what age groups are they in ?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Immortal

17 year old former QLD U16's Will Evans and Tristian Powell and 2018 U15 Australian Merit team winger Orlando Swain mate and a few more to come

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Like who mate. And what age groups are they in ?

17 year old former QLD U16's Will Evans and Tristian Powell and 2018 U15 Australian Merit team winger Orlando Swain mate and a few more to come
    Thanks for that news mate. Good to hear about junior signings

Thanks for the great info, very encouraging news seem to be finally making improvements in the junior systems

Well this will throw the cat in among the pigeons. So we now have AJ who quite a few people are predicting would end up at fullback whilst we are bringing in Peachey who is killing it at fullback whilst we have probably the most reliable Fullback we have had in Gordon who also kicks goals (not counting last week). So if Roberts is the utility what happens to Rein who, IMO, is playing better footy than Peats ATM. Peachey is too good for the centres. AJ is playing better than Ash and Rein deserves his spot. Maybe somewhere in there we can find an edge defender.

Not sure this was money well spent.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a quicky on the Bennett factor. If we signed Bennett, would that mean we would get Pangai Jr, Ofenhague (sorry for spelling), Oates as they are all wanting to play for Bennett? I'd be for it if he could bring players like that to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Well this will throw the cat in among the pigeons. So we now have AJ who quite a few people are predicting would end up at fullback whilst we are bringing in Peachey who is killing it at fullback whilst we have probably the most reliable Fullback we have had in Gordon who also kicks goals (not counting last week). So if Roberts is the utility what happens to Rein who, IMO, is playing better footy than Peats ATM. Peachey is too good for the centres. AJ is playing better than Ash and Rein deserves his spot. Maybe somewhere in there we can find an edge defender.

Not sure this was money well spent.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a quicky on the Bennett factor. If we signed Bennett, would that mean we would get Pangai Jr, Ofenhague (sorry for spelling), Oates as they are all wanting to play for Bennett? I'd be for it if he could bring players like that to the club.
    I agree about all of it. Tyrone Roberts is going to knock someone out of the team that deserves their spot.

With Rein playing well - and he is making more line breaks than ANYONE in our team right now in his limited time, there is no need for Roberts in the team.

Its a funny one, but would be good to have a half to cover injuries more than anything

Thanks mate. Do these signings give you hope that our ability to keep more local kids looks bright ??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Immortal

Absolutely mate

As supporters I think that we should give the Titans a deserved huge wrap for the incredible strides that they have made in the junior development area over the last couple of seasons.

It is not just the quality of young players that are being brought into the system it is also the outstanding work that the junior coaches are undertaking in relation to enhancing and refining the players skills and in depth knowledge of the game.

Credit where credit is due, well done Titans the future is very bright indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Thanks mate. Do these signings give you hope that our ability to keep more local kids looks bright ??

I don't know where Roberts fits in the team either. A month or so into the season as you all know I wanted him back because Ash played his best footy with him in the side last year...but since then, with AJ coming along nicely and some very valid concerns raised by people here, I just can't see this being a good signing for us at all anymore. I guess it's okay for a bit of depth but that's about it really.

We are only an injury away from a debacle and a season away from losing Gordon. Whatever, I think we are so used to not having depth that we try to cram 30 into 17 ... we don’t need to do that. Some will miss out in the short term and that’s healthy for the NRL and ISC teams.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I agree about all of it. Tyrone Roberts is going to knock someone out of the team that deserves their spot.
    They should only deserve their spot if they are performing better than anyone competing for that same spot IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    We are only an injury away from a debacle and a season away from losing Gordon. Whatever, I think we are so used to not having depth that we try to cram 30 into 17 ... we don’t need to do that. Some will miss out in the short term and that’s healthy for the NRL and ISC teams.
    Yep I don't see an issue with having depth in the club, hell you only have to look at how Penrith have been able to keep replacing injured players with depth guys that are NRL ready. Beats our situation where we are starting reserve grade quality players....

Inactive User

Brennan made it very clear a few weeks ago that he’d have to accept the utility role if we signed him so for now I’ll roll with it BUT the moment I read a Badel or Meyne story where either Roberts or Taylor are using the media to lobby being selected as our halves then it’s time to lose it again with both of them and the club for recycling him