Page 142 of 165 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2463

Goodness gracious me, Im calling for speed addition to the Titans and Kahu is rumoured......
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Exactly how I feel. They're offering up their dead weight so that can free up money to sign their young guns. Why not drop them at the kneecaps and take the players they want. Starting with TPJ. There is a reason why these rumours get out - because the Bronco's let them. You never see rumours getting out about players they want to keep.
    Absolutely right. Why settle for their rejects? If they aren't good enough for them why should we settle for the castaways.

Looks like Glenn fractured his arm when Milford was second man in on a tackle and hit his arm last night too. Surprised the Broncos didn't get a penalty for it.

yeah i read TPJ is staying is committed 100% in Brisbane, but wont sign until November when his current managers contract runs out so he can do new deal with new manager.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Absolutely right. Why settle for their rejects? If they aren't good enough for them why should we settle for the castaways.
    I agree about not taking rejects... but to let ego or a sense of little brother syndrome get in the way of a good signing isn't smart either.

and i don't mean either of these guys are necessarily good signings, but if it was someone who filled a gap and was a good price we should sign them and move along. sometimes a deal is best for both teams.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    yeah i read TPJ is staying is committed 100% in Brisbane, but wont sign until November when his current managers contract runs out so he can do new deal with new manager.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree about not taking rejects... but to let ego or a sense of little brother syndrome get in the way of a good signing isn't smart either.

and i don't mean either of these guys are necessarily good signings, but if it was someone who filled a gap and was a good price we should sign them and move along. sometimes a deal is best for both teams.
    Couldn't agree more. Merely talking about the two previously mentioned

- - - Updated - - -
    I thought Oates was changing managers and TPJ was because they need to offload players before they could register his contract.

QLD Cup

I don't think we are saying that we should sign players just to spite the Bronco's. You're right in the fact that if they fit we should consider them, but I don't think either of those players fit. I actually don't have anything against either of them.

I like Glen and think he's a reliable player. However we already have Proctor in that mould and only really have one more forward pack spot up for grabs and I think it should be filled by someone who offers power and go forward.

Kahu is also a "solid" (aka very average) centre option and we already have Copley filling that role.

I'd have Glen and Kahu over those other two players mentioned, unfortunately we are stuck with what we have because they are already signed.

TPJ is a free agent up until he signs. That's how the rules work. Despite him saying that he wants to stay there, his value is only going to rise on the back of how he has been playing. I'm not saying it would be easy but I'd like to see us at least have a crack at him.

First Grader

Money speaks. Throw TPJ an offer he could not refuse. I am sure Trip A Deal could use him to market holidays to the Islands. TPJ is going to be one hell of a player who has versatility to add to his list of values to a team.

I heard (read) Newcastle already did and were told don't bother by his management.

Inactive User

^^^^ he might be a little more open to us because of Geography

The young Drongoe forward that most impressed me when the buggers destroyed us was Ofahengaue. Bloody hell. He kicked our bum in the early exchanges.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 28-07-18 at 09:16 AM.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^^ he might be a little more open to us because of Geography

The young Drongoe forward that most impressed me when the buggers destroyed us was Ofahengaue. Bloody hell. He kicked our bum in the early exchanges.
    I think TPJ is from Newcastle

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    I think TPJ is from Newcastle
    Well that almost certainly ends my case then

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I thought Oates was changing managers and TPJ was because they need to offload players before they could register his contract.
    “I spoke to Wayne Bennett yesterday, and some breaking news on NRL Tonight, I’m told that he will commit to a two-year deal with the Broncos,” he said.
    “Now the hold up centres on a management dispute. A bit like Corey Oates, he’s got a management dispute of his own... That arrangement with (Pangai Jr’s) current manager ends in October, that means he’s a free agent as of November.

“I spoke to Wayne Bennett yesterday, and some breaking news on NRL Tonight, I’m told that he will commit to a two-year deal with the Broncos,” he said.
    “Now the hold up centres on a management dispute. A bit like Corey Oates, he’s got a management dispute of his own... That arrangement with (Pangai Jr’s) current manager ends in October, that means he’s a free agent as of November.
    Shouldn't have doubt you.