Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 24: TITANS v KNIGHTS (2022)

TITANS v KNIGHTS
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

What a great run home we would have had if we were actually in finals contention this year. And Warriors next week as well.

Knights will put 30 and Warriors will put 40 on us = the much deserved spoon.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

WD had a good looking side for this game (posted on the R24 thread). I agree that we must've hit rock bottom, so have to ring the changes to give the young blokes a taste. I'd have:

1. JC
    2. AKP
    3. Jojo
    4. Kelly
    5. Marzhew
    6. AJ
    7. Sexton / Weaver (not sure Weaver is strong enough for NRL just yet but I'll take wiser counsel).
    8. Mo
    9. Boyd
    10. Tino
    11. Fifita
    12. Haas
    13. Liu

14. Fermor
    15. Alick
    16. Mac
    17. Francis

Just not sure Iszac F is eligible, but if he is, he could come in for Liu on the bench with Alick to 13. Beau just can't miss that many tackles and drop that much ball without at least going to the bench. I think we need Boyd at 9, so we don't look as clueless as we did on the weekend. Sami should have a rest and Herbie deserves one for both reasons. I like Joliffe's grit but he missed 20% of his tackles and only had 20 minutes. I can't see the point in that contribution. Turner had a chance to stand up and muffed it.

That team ought to have a bit more spunk and ought to be more mobile. What do you think?

You moved our best player to the bench

I think Beau is playing like he needs a rest. He's truly one of our top three at least, if not our best. Often debutants struggle to play big minutes so he'd be on earlier than usual and it would give Haas the confidence to rip in from the kick off. I laboured on that and you know, I'm often wrong. I had us in the eight at the start of the year. If only.

Herbert is out with MCL injury right knee

Klese haas gets his debut ��

- - - Updated - - -

Can’t upload photos

Jc
    Fifita
    Kelly
    Sami
    Marzhew
    Brimson
    Boyd
    Joliffe
    McIntyre
    Tino
    Fifita
    Fermor
    Liu
    Turner
    Eseses
    Moe
    Haas

First Grader

Who's our back up hooker?

I can't believe we are favourites for this game, feel like putting 100 on the knights

Surely not Turner? I didn't realise he could play there
    Last edited by Upthetits; 23-08-22 at 05:14 PM.

Congrats to Klese. His progress as a footballer in the last 12 months has been quite remarkable.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 23-08-22 at 04:40 PM.

Holbrook doesn’t value the hooker position like he should IMO.

Took three quarters of the season before he gave booth a chance and now he believes a back rower can do the job.

makes it easy for the Knoghts as all Sam Mac does it throw an above average pass.

Does not - run from dummy half, no kicking game, does not engage markers. Cannot believe we are going with this, nots Sam fault but it’s puts no pressure on Knights middle defence.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post

Took three quarters of the season before he gave booth a chance and now he believes a back rower can do the job.

makes it easy for the Knoghts as all Sam Mac does it throw an above average pass.

Does not - run from dummy half, no kicking game, does not engage markers. Cannot believe we are going with this, nots Sam fault but it’s puts no pressure on Knights middle defence.
    Mate who else would he play there? Booth is injured, E Clark is injured, Paul Turner isn't a hooker, only other option would be Tanah Boyd, but let's not act like Holbrook has much of a choice here. Sam McIntyre is probably the 4th(?) choice option at hooker on a squad that already had abyss-tier options there anyway.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post

Yep let’s go to the backyard and just pickup an nrl quality hooker, they are growing like cabbages

Booths season ended with an exploded knee and Clark is injured. Bryant injured his leg 2 weeks ago and vaka would require the nrl to give us dispensation which they won’t given we have someone who can play the position even if it’s not well

A nice touch to recognise Members this weekend.