Page 143 of 165 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2463

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leagu...n6rpht/slide/1

Lurker saying we might look at Bennet if he's forced out (usually wrong though)

QLD Cup

He's put an offer to the Bronco's to become a coaching director or something along those lines - similar to Gus Goulds role, however they aren't sold on the idea. If we could get him in that sort of capacity to mentor Brennan, it would be a great move IMO.

There's plenty of articles going around about the pull he has with his playing group. TPJ is rumoured to have been included in a bunch of players that would walk if Bennett is not extended. I know he's stated on the record that he's staying but watch this space. November is a long way away and if they decide not to sign Bennett then who knows what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Shouldn't have doubt you.
    all good, i just knew i read it. doesn't mean they have it right.

Wayne Bennett's contract dilemma at Brisbane Broncos should make Garth Brennan nervous

Wayne Bennett's somewhat bizarre behaviour at Red Hill means that fellow coaches in the NRL need to look over their shoulder.

Bennett is contracted with the Brisbane Broncos until the end of the 2019 season, but it seems there will be no extension for Bennett at the club where he has had a multitude of success, despite his eagerness to be in the club's future plans.

The Broncos are reportedly targeting Souths coach Anthony Seibold to take over from Bennett due to his contract at the Bunnies ending at the same time as Wayne's.

Because it looks as if Bennett has no future at Red Hill post the 2019 season, there are those clubs that will be licking their lips at the opportunity of having Bennett coach their side in the 2020 season.

The Australian's Brent Read believes that Gold Coast Titans coach Garth Brennan should be very nervous considering the situation at the Broncos.

Brennan is in his first season on the Glitter Strip where his side currently sits in 12th position with just six wins from their 18 fixtures thus far.

If the Titans struggle to make an impact on the competition in 2019, the Titans' board may look at bringing in Bennett to help steady the ship.

"When it (Brennan's contract) was announced, it was a three-year deal, but the third year is contingent on results," Read told Sporting News.

"If they miss the eight next year, I think it's only a two-year deal, so Garth would be off-contract at the same time as Wayne.

"Can you imagine what Wayne Bennett would do for that club? He'd be transformational for that football team.

"I think what it's going to come down to is whether the owners are willing to pay what Wayne wants.

"He's a million dollar coach, Garth Brennan is probably half that. They've got the cash, the owners, but it comes down to whether they want to fork the money out.

"If I'm Garth Brennan, I'm pretty nervous now."

Bennett's behaviour is starting to get a lot of people offside within the NRL, because it looks as if he is holding one of the, if not the, biggest club to ransom.

"It's defiant, it's almost as if he's prodding them, almost taunting them into doing something," Read said.

"It can backfire. I'm sure Wayne thinks, 'I'll end up somewhere anyway', but he obviously doesn't want to go.

"The way it's going, I can't see it ending well."

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leagu...ulznd5ksxhomqi

Inactive User

^^^ it could happen. Brennan might want to start improving our players rather than saying we are a young team there’s no doubt about that

Peachey at fullback game is on for those interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ it could happen. Brennan might want to start improving our players rather than saying we are a young team there’s no doubt about that
    I didn't realise we had Garth on the forum But yeah we need results, there's no doubt about that.

Hope everything's been good too Bodsy.

Was a good catch by peachy under the bomb by manly right at the end, anyone know how he's gone at FB throughout the whole game?

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Was a good catch by peachy under the bomb by manly right at the end, anyone know how he's gone at FB throughout the whole game?
    Suprisingly, it was more his defensive reads and defense in general that impressed me than his natural attacking ability at fullback. Showed promise, I dunno if there is anywhere the kid can’t play

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    I didn't realise we had Garth on the forum But yeah we need results, there's no doubt about that.

Hope everything's been good too Bodsy.
    Ha ha thanks Dobes. Very kind. Yes I’m better than I was a week ago thanks. If this Bennett rumour gains strength then 2019 is going to be the acid for Coach Brennan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Ha ha thanks Dobes. Very kind. Yes I’m better than I was a week ago thanks. If this Bennett rumour gains strength then 2019 is going to be the acid for Coach Brennan.
    No worries, good to hear mate! 100%. He definitely should be a little worried if he isn't already. You'd have to think if Bennett doesn't resign with the Drongoes then we'd have to be his next preference since he wouldn't really have to move too far.

I don’t want Bennett at all. IMO he is already a 🦖. The guy will be 70 years of age by the time he gets here.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I don’t want Bennett at all. IMO he is already a ��. The guy will be 70 years of age by the time he gets here.
    Didn't do much for Newcastle and we don't have the deep pockets of the Broncos. I'm happy no to see him down here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    I'm excited to have this guy at the Titans. Hope he doesn't fall into the Gold Coast lifestyle before we get some great games out of him.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/28/...nent-fullback/
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 28-07-18 at 10:11 PM.

My biggest worry for next year is if ash plays like he has been lately we will continue the struggle as peachy or AJ aren't the organising type to lead us around when ash fades out of games, both are running halves suited to fullback

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Didn't do much for Newcastle and we don't have the deep pockets of the Broncos. I'm happy no to see him down here.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm excited to have this guy at the Titans. Hope he doesn't fall into the Gold Coast lifestyle before we get some great games out of him.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/28/...nent-fullback/
    If only he came with some sauce....!