Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default The Gold Coast Titans Identity

Guys I have decided to start a new thread because let's face it our club has no real identity. We are probably best known as a shambolic team which has some great highlight reel tries each year but never really considered contenders for finals footy.

I think we have to create the identity for what the Titans are!

In my cooked state I rewatched one of my favourite YouTube videos of all time:

https://youtu.be/ruAF71UVMTc

It lead me to the thought that our supporter base really needs an anthem which personifies our club. Manly have "The Eagle Rock", South's "Glory Glory to South Sydney" etc

Can you imagine our fan base singing "Truly, Madly, Deeply" Savage Garden? It is so wrong and yet so right for our team, it's not hardcore (just like our team), it's vulnerable but with the whole crowd singing it at an opposition team it becomes intimidating (true confidence in the least intimidating song of all time).

Anyways what song do you think should be our anthem for home games which also matches or creates our identity?

I like your thinking IA. You could be right about that song but it would turn into my least favourite part of a game having to wince through that song.

I'd recommend Beastie Boys Sabotage but not for a sing along. I reckon it's a great motivator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATMR5ettHz8
    Just change it to TITANS and not Tusk

How about Public Enemy 'Shut em down' when we're defending our line? It used to put my team in a great mood for D before games.

After a melee - Grandmaster Flash "Step, step, step, step, step off, cause you better get lost, coz you know you're soft".

We could have a lot of fun with this stuff at games.

We have been having these discussions since before we even took to the field. And we still haven't progressed.

Very important and interesting topic IMO.

I really enjoyed watching the blokes sing Savage Garden, that was surprising, Indo.

I'll come up with some ideas and share here.

One thing I often think about is cool drum beats beyond the cliche. You often here some cool ones in Vikings or Game of Thrones.

There is a lot you can do if you have a couple dozen willing people to help. That's why I've always been passionate for supporters groups.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    We have been having these discussions since before we even took to the field. And we still haven't progressed.

Very important and interesting topic IMO.

You’re not wrong there @diehard …I haven’t been on this forum for 2 years and it is laughable and painful at the same time that this is still being discussed. IMO the AFL does this so well as compared to the NRL…I wonder what the Dolphins dish up in establishing their supporter culture.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    I wonder what the Dolphins dish up in establishing their supporter culture.
    Well looking at their membership categories they neglected having a supporter area.

Which really blows my mind for three reasons.

1. Supporter areas are a good asset to harness and steer crowd support and atmosphere.
    2. It would have been a tremendous and immediate point of difference to the Broncos. Outclass them at their own home, which is now shared.
    3. I thought some of the Roar would rub off because they have been playing at Dolphin Oval and they'd have some elevated view of the importance of supporter culture.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Pretty hard to get into “Titans clap clap clap” if you ask me.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Pretty hard to get into “Titans clap clap clap” if you ask me.
    Likewise.

Roosters have a great one.

*DRUM*
    *DRUM* *DRUM*
    *DRUM* *DRUM* *DRUM* *DRUM* *DRUM* *DRUM*
    EASTS!

Always liked that one.

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Likewise.

Roosters have a great one.

*DRUM*
    *DRUM* *DRUM*
    *DRUM* *DRUM* *DRUM* *DRUM* *DRUM* *DRUM*
    EASTS!

Always liked that one.
    Remember going to an Easts game... think its was craig Fitzsgibbons last game and joining the chook pen and smashing the drum to this beat in my Titans Jersey

First Grader

I enjoy how at the end of cronullas games the music starts ans the crowd starts singing up, up, cronulla!!

Wish we had something like that

Yep agreed I think it's important and will help the Titans create an identity for themselves, should embrace what we are as a team. I also think it's very important because small things like having our own "anthem" can influence getting new supporters for the club, sway the casual fans and help solidify our fan base for the future (which we greatly need for funding and survival).

I also think it would be pretty cool to be out at Cbus and having the fan base singing our song, it would send chills up your spine.

Let's keep the anthem ideas going!

Next suggestion is "Don't Stop Me Now - Queen" it's chaotic and exciting at the same time (just like our club), throw in a few middle age men after a couple of tinnies, some kids trying to mumble the lyrics and it would be a great chaotic anthem.

I also think the epitome is how Liverpool really adopted this song to always remember their fans which died during the stadium collapse decades ago. Still send shivers down my spine hearing this.

Link below:
    https://youtu.be/9eWERM6QSys

One day I hope we have a fan base even 10% of this.

We are the Gold Coast Titans and I think we should create a cadence or chant using a 60’s surfing drum beat like Wipe Out or Bombora or even rewrite Surfer Bird … I’m sure it could be fun, active and drive other teams crazy. Doesn’t have to be long and if that’s not appealing then why not our own chant echoed or answered across the ground.

I also think a reworked version of Twisted Sisters “We’re not going to take it” fits a club anthem.
    Last edited by Titanic; 13-09-22 at 12:01 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Banned

How about this chant

Corey Thomp thomp thomp son